[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'VE GOT STRENGTH OF THE SOUL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 17
File: Alan_Shepard.jpg (615 KB, 1295x1043) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Shepard.jpg
615 KB, 1295x1043
I'VE GOT STRENGTH OF THE SOUL
>>
Who is this cuckold?
>>
>>67834683

Nobody liked Nutrek.
>>
NOTHINGS GONNA BEND OR BREAK ME
>>
File: 1437699113859.jpg (23 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1437699113859.jpg
23 KB, 400x397
Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.
>>
>>67834683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA

>Standing tall, on the wings of my dreams...
>>
>>67836322

>rewatching DS9, now at start of Season 4
>entire DS9 makes him likeable
>ends up being a bad guy in the finale

oh f u
>>
>>67836322
that's not even ironic you asshole, it's just a fact
>>
File: BeyondMaximumRage.jpg (13 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
BeyondMaximumRage.jpg
13 KB, 526x526
>Last time on Star Trek: Enterprise...
REEEEEEEEE
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
WHERE IS MAJEL BARRETT?
>>
>>67836391
Almost as good as the original opening for TNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NvulPF-IGc
>>
>>67837215
I wonder if they have enough audio samples from her to keep her as the computer voice in any future Trek.
>>
File: Voyager 4.jpg (168 KB, 1063x797) Image search: [Google]
Voyager 4.jpg
168 KB, 1063x797
Voyager was probably the worst or second worst series, but it really did have the best intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNtfu_QurU

Also, I declare this thread official /stg/ Star Trek General for the night
>>
the worst op ever for star trek

the series is about exploration and intrigue

not faith of the heart
>>
File: CQH5VR0VEAIePLb.jpg (28 KB, 599x453) Image search: [Google]
CQH5VR0VEAIePLb.jpg
28 KB, 599x453
>>67835499
It was better than Voyager.
>>
>>67837472

Fair enough.

They still fucked themselves so hard with the ridiculous and retarded timetravel arcs.
>>
they did kobyashi Maru test on the Quantioco show. A nerd got angry and said it when he found out the test was a no win. I laughed my nigs
>>
>>67837551
DS9 was the only star trek that was actually any good. TNG had more than its fair share of horrible fucking episodes. The first 2 seasons are nigh unwatchable.
>>
The fact that they copped the theme song from the Patch Adams soundtrack was a good indicator of how little thought and care went in to Enterprise.
>>
>>67837671

I too am gay for DS9, because I loved TNG and wanted to see more of the nitty gritty. Having DS9 show all the fuckups of the supposed ideal existence without money and a united Earth was crack.

That said, I think TNG reaches higher based purely on the strength of the episodes that were great.

>The first 2 seasons are nigh unwatchable.

True, but mitigating circumstances apply. They aired during the writer's strike and they had to pawn together huge amounts of episodes with no real writers.

Riker's beard changed everything for the better.
>>
I actually liked Enterprise and I liked the theme song too.

Voyager a shit.
>>
>it's a "Guest-Starring The Rock as The Rock" episode
>>
>>67837873
I'm on S3 of Enterprise and so far I have not understood the 'irredeemable shit' meme at all. So far it has been thoroughly enjoyable and more consistent than any other Trek.
You know you aren't going to get something amazing, but you know you aren't going to get a Profit and Lace
>>
>>67838336
That's what I didn't like about it. It was consistently mediocre.

Yeah it didn't hit the lows that other Treks did, bit it also never hit the highs.

It was just so blah.
>>
File: Ezri_dax_arrival.jpg (37 KB, 597x572) Image search: [Google]
Ezri_dax_arrival.jpg
37 KB, 597x572
>Script Notes for DS9 Season 7
>One, Ezri needs to be quirkier, nebbishier, and have access to all her previous hosts' memories.
>Two, whenever Ezri's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Ezri"?
>Three, every character wants to have sex with Ezri.
>>
File: cast_tng1a.jpg (50 KB, 1256x720) Image search: [Google]
cast_tng1a.jpg
50 KB, 1256x720
You know what, when TNG was good, it was SO GOOD. It was hitting home runs left and right when it was on point.
>>
>>67839256
then came season 2 :(
>>
>>67837374
I've been waiting for someone to use all her voice samples to make some Siri style program. If anyone knows whether that's already been done then please share because I am otherwise astounded that no one has done it yet.
>>
>>67839015
>nebbish
jew detected
>>
File: jews in star trek.jpg (40 KB, 826x628) Image search: [Google]
jews in star trek.jpg
40 KB, 826x628
>>67839503
Jews???

In Star Trek???????

It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>67839361
>Siri
Apple is for JJ fans, to be honest.
>>
>>67839612
OS X is better than Windows, to be honest.
>>
>>67839612
obviously because they completely blew their opportunity to do some cool retro-futuristic art direction in the reboot films and instead just lazily made it all look like the inside of an iPhone.
>>
>>67839782
Respect your freedoms.
>>
>>67839809
The worst part is, 2009 actually has a perfect Enterprise bridge in the Kobiyashi Maru test. The bridge there is great.
>>
>>67840491
It's been a long time since I've seen it, can you find a screencap on memory alpha or any other place to post?
>>
File: a-short-convo.jpg (39 KB, 853x352) Image search: [Google]
a-short-convo.jpg
39 KB, 853x352
>>67840517
I could find anything that showed all of it, but this gets the general colour scheme down pat.
>>
>>67840592
oh yeah that's way better. *sigh* oh well. any updates on the new series like leaked preproduction art etc?
>>
>original timeline
>Spock never took the Kobayashi Maru test
>new timeline
>Spock created the Kobayashi Maru test

>book explanation
>Kirk reprogrammed the Klingons to respect him and surrender, resolving the situation peacefully
>JJ explanation
>Kirk reprogrammed the Klingons to have no shields, and then he killed them for fun

Why does everything always get worse?
>>
>using a industrial boiler room as a set for the enterprise engine room

I literally wanted to kill JJ abrams at that moment
>>
>>67840906
this was so bad. so fucking bad.
what was the reasoning?
in no other enty-show or movie the engine-room was even close to being this huge.
>>
Have any of you guys applied to be janitors?

/tv/ needs janitors who are the types of people who post in Star Trek threads.
>>
>>67840810
>Why does everything always get worse?
Well. . .

>JJ Abrams
Ah, found the problem here.
>>
>>67841299
Why did the movie show us him passing the test, but not show him struggle with the failures.
These are some of the most important points in Kirk's whole backstory.
Why dont we see how Kirk responds to---
>LENS FLARE
Ah, fuck, what am I watching again?
Oh ho ho, laser battles!
Kill em all, Kirk!
>>
>>67838336
>I'm on S3 of Enterprise and so far I have not understood the 'irredeemable shit' meme at all.

Too much of that temporal cold war shit, not enough exploration and setting up things for future. Show really became what it was supposed to be from the start in fourth season.

>>67840810
>Why does everything always get worse?

Jar Jar Abrams.

>>67841090
>what was the reasoning?

Product placement from Anheuser-Busch InBev, manufacturer of fucking Budwater.
>>
>>67834683
>join star trek thread
>it's a dad rock episode
>>
>>67843545
It's clearly momrock my friend
>>
>>67834683
https://youtu.be/X8vslSWlsEg?t=5s
Obligatory.

Honestly, the show officially died when it was clear they were not building to the Romulan War. A good long war arc probably would've revitalized the show.
>>
>>67843920
t. pleb actionbabby
>>
>>67834742
>not knowing first americuck in space

The American education system, everyone.
>>
>>67844072
Worked for DS9.
The show was treading water with all the dumb Bajor shit and other general stupidity.
>>
File: anightinsickbay.jpg (20 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
anightinsickbay.jpg
20 KB, 500x378
>>67843920
they already did a war arc with DS9, twice. Enterprise had a find premise, I liked the cast and loved the art direction but they squandered it with stupid plots like "how will the crew of the Enterprise deal with sexual tension." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Night_in_Sickbay and then later with that stupid 9/11 inspired Xindi arc.
>>
>>67843920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtWT-H3XQGI
Better link for that. Jesus.
>>
>>67844174
>I liked the cast and loved the art direction but they squandered it with stupid plots
I don't disagree, but there was a huge quadrant-shaking war in store for that era. They wouldn't have had to copy the Dominion arc outright, but not taking advantage of their biggest card to paly was lunacy. I wish the show had been cancelled sooner.
>>
>>67844287
Gene Roddenberry would have never approved of a continuing war in a Star Trek series.
>>
>>67843920

Any generic garbage would have been better than that whiny hippie fuck up. I hope he knew his shittiness helped tank an entire franchise.
>>
File: Z4MC1.jpg (145 KB, 1278x1024) Image search: [Google]
Z4MC1.jpg
145 KB, 1278x1024
>>67844329
Rottenberry was a casting-couch-cruising commie and his ideal humanity is as interesting as watching paint dry. Enterprise was the setting for humanity to at least transition towards that, leaving room for Archer and others to be assholes like Sisko.
Even in TNG, while he was still alive, there were several Federation wars that were established to have occured not long before the Enterprise-D launched.
>>
File: balanceofterror.jpg (34 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
balanceofterror.jpg
34 KB, 320x240
>>67844329
Correct me if I'm wrong because I can't think of any specific examples but I believe even in TOS it was established that there had been wars, just none currently being engaged. Roddenberry just wanted to establish that humans were united in peace & would seek diplomatic resolutions with other cultures whenever possible.
>>
>>67844471
>>67844537
What I don't understand is why people like you don't just watch every other sci-fi series out there if you hate Roddenberry and his ideals so much?

Go watch Stargate. Go watch The Last Ship. Go watch Farscape. Just because people like you took over Gene's empire and ruined it doesn't mean you're welcome in Star Trek threads.
>>
>>67844471

A guy who actually had a life being criticized by shivering fuck ups on a social cripple containment board. What a day to be alive.
>>
>>67844570
I love Roddenberry. I think his ideas that humanity can finally get its collective shit together and work together towards a collective benefit is a beautiful idea and a unique one amongst science fiction where the future is usually dystopic at best. I just think it's alright if within that framing they explore multiple themes including how such a society would react in the face of outside conflict.
>>
>>67844570
Because Trek is more culturally significant than those other shows. I watched TNG when I was a toddler and DS9 through my adolescence.
I spent a lot of time waiting for Enterprise to get better when it aired, always secure in the hope that there'd be a big war arc to come as had been written in the canon since TOS. Instead I got garbage after garbage after more garbage, with some decent sci-fi on the side, but overall garbage.
So obviously, I am quite salty about the subject of Enterprise.
>>
>>67844570

When Roddenberry fucked off, it was the only time Star Trek was anything more than pop sci-fi for plebs. Get back on your rocket and blow the fuck out, Cuck Rogers.
>>
>>67844751
Roddenberry era:
>Napoleonic allegory
>pro science fiction writers writing stories about consequences of immortality, mind uploading, cryonics, android servitude
>literally The Twilight Zone with a recurring cast

post-Roddenberry:
>soap opera shit
>plagued with war
>little to do with exploring humanities potential for progress
>pap for pleb actionbabbies with WWE-tier character development
>>
>>67845058

Spock's Brain is "pro science fiction" alright. Well stated.
>>
>>67845058
Post-Roddenberry:
>same shit as before.
>... and humans failing to achieve that potential for progress due to their basic nature.
>>
File: slider2.jpg (403 KB, 1980x700) Image search: [Google]
slider2.jpg
403 KB, 1980x700
>>
File: vfp2lGA.gif (2 MB, 214x358) Image search: [Google]
vfp2lGA.gif
2 MB, 214x358
>>67844646
Are you a dog? Because you seem to have your tongue stuck up Roddenberry's rotten asshole.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.