[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They should've destroyed Yavin or Endor. Who the fuck cares
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
They should've destroyed Yavin or Endor. Who the fuck cares about the Hosnian system?

Or even better, not have Death Star 3.0 at all and instead have the First Order cripple the shit out of the New Republic instead
>>
>>67834253
I was really hoping it was Coruscant. Just for the pottery of Disney literally killing the PT.
>>
>>67834639
A popular theory, at least around here, is that it WAS supposed to be Coruscant, but Disney wouldn't let Abrams do it. They want to save Coruscant for future movies and TV shows.
>>
so what happened to coruscant
>>
File: 1434374460070.jpg (249 KB, 1000x1926) Image search: [Google]
1434374460070.jpg
249 KB, 1000x1926
I can't wait until the superweapon in 9 is revealed to be as big as a solar system

It's gonna be epic, bros.
>>
Why the fuck are you trying to figure out a movie for children?
Must be autism
>>
>>67834728
Nothing. After RotJ, the Republic changes capital planets every few years.
>>
how did they watch the planets being blown up from the surface of the jungle planet
>>
>>67834714
I took it more as JJ was so desperate to avoid any references to the prequels he didn't want Courascant
>>
>>67834253
But Endor is mostly burnt out by the destruction of the 2do Death Star you can see the remnants of the station on forest in the EA Battlefront game.

Also canon.
>>
File: 1458078608180.jpg (180 KB, 2571x2061) Image search: [Google]
1458078608180.jpg
180 KB, 2571x2061
>Death Star
>it's a moon
>Starkiller
>it kills planets
>>
File: quigonani.gif (265 KB, 250x106) Image search: [Google]
quigonani.gif
265 KB, 250x106
>>67834253
Tbh this movie needed a little more explanation as to the political situation in the galaxy. Politics are part of what killed the prequels, but without a little info I don't care about any of the planets that got destroyed, I don't understand how the New Order had better resources and weapons than the Empire, and I don't know what the New Republic's role is at all
>>
>>67834639
>>67834253
HOL UP

That wasn't Coruscant? I thought it was since they mention iit's the capital of the new Republic or somethin.
>>
>>67835277
Starkiller drains the energy from stars to fuel it's death beam, thus "killing" it.

Stay in school, kids
>>
Does anyone even want the Republic to win?
>>
>>67835388
I think they said the New Republic rotates its capital and that was it at the time.
>>
>>67835279
This. I was confused as hell throughout the movie. I understood the prequels fine, but wtf was going on in episode 7?
>>
File: 1459658040396.jpg (58 KB, 586x449) Image search: [Google]
1459658040396.jpg
58 KB, 586x449
>An entire galaxy worth of content to explore.
>Millions of worlds, cultures, and species.
>Hundreds of thousands of years of history.

>I want all content about this granchise to involve the same characters fighting the same factions within the same 50 year time line on the same handful of planets.
>>
>>67834639
That would retcon the PT you idiot.
>>
File: council-07-motti.jpg (51 KB, 1152x494) Image search: [Google]
council-07-motti.jpg
51 KB, 1152x494
>>67835279
This.

I don't know why people forget that the first half hour of ANH consists of political exposition to set up the Empire's plans and motives.
>>
>>67835850
People remember what they want to remember. They only remember mystical wizards powers, lightsaber battles, and ship battles. Sometime characters.
>>
>>67834639
>Destroying Coruscant

Literally one of the coolest places in Star Wars and one of the best things to come from the prequels? Is your hate truly that thorough?

Having no real nostalgic or emotional attachment to the original trilogy (yes, Empire Strikes Back is absolutely fantastic, I acknowledge that), I think the art direction of the prequels was super cool. The Star Wars galaxy as depicted there is vibrant and ancient in a way the small scale and simple art of the original trilogy couldn't portray.

Not trashing the originals, I just like the art in the prequels more, and Coruscant is awesome. I want the 1313 story, movie or game, I don't care.
>>
File: 1453325102822.jpg (58 KB, 842x611) Image search: [Google]
1453325102822.jpg
58 KB, 842x611
>people still don't remember that Sullust was mention on Return of the Jedi
>>
>>67835850
The main difference is ANH starts with an exciting action scene to get the plot going in a dynamic way. You get the crawl, then BOOM you're right in it.
This really is a fatal flaw with PM. It really needed to have more energy at the beginning to keep interest high. Instead it starts at a snail's pace. It really throws everything out of whack
>>
>>67834769
Fuck it, why go big when you can just destroy everything, everywhere?

Have Disney buy the Mass Effect franchise and get the First Order to team up with the Reapers. It makes just as much sense. Might even make for a better movie that way, if retarded crossovers count for better movies than tired, fractured rehashings of older, better movies.
>>
>>67835279
Well actually it's explained in the novel but thanks to Jar Jar's shit taste we got the pointless Rathar sequence

BRAVO JJ

They should have just handed VII to James Gunn
>>
>>67836248
>I don't want my villains to take anything away from me
>>
>>67836574
Maybe Disney can actually do the Reapers without ruining them.
>>
>>67836574
>implying that the ability to destroy planets is significant next to the power of the Force

Do you even Star Wars?
>>
If you werent mad they destroyed Coruscant then you obviously never played a good Star Wars game
>>
>>67836987
>"Then I guess you don't need this here Death Star, Mr. Emperor sir, so I'll just be collecting it next week; Monday work for you?"
>>
>>67835543
How can you have an opinion for or against them with how little exposition they're given?
>>
>>67835456
It kills one star system to destroy another star system somewhere else

stupid weapon like a gun that shoots guns
>>
BUT this time it can blow it MORE THAN ONE PLANET
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.