[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BUT NOW A WEAPON IS YOUR LIFE???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: SW02_5.jpg (55 KB, 828x581) Image search: [Google]
SW02_5.jpg
55 KB, 828x581
BUT NOW A WEAPON IS YOUR LIFE???
>>
>>67830032
>Obi-Wan's life is literally saved by a blaster in the Grevious fight
>throws it away "so uncivilized"
>>
>>67830032
Why is Obi-Wan never consistent and a consummate liar? Nigga doesn't even remember R2.
>>
>>67830131
>so uncivilized

Wasn't he referring to Grevious?
>>
>>67830403
He looks at the blaster while saying it
>>
>>67830403
Nah, that was probably a nod to one his quotes from IV :
>Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age
>>
>>67830561
Fucking poetry
>>
>>67830032
>berates anakin for dropping his weapon
>obiwan drops his all the time
>>
>>67830561
Wow how did Lucas have the forsight to set that line up for A New Hope?
>>
>>67830032
Without the lightsaber, a Jedi is defenseless against blasters and such, and Jedi are high value targets for criminals, siths, etc.
The weapon is his life, because without, he could easily die.
>>
>>67830032
There are so many implications that the original trilogy creates by itself that are difficult to remember now that the other stuff also exists.

Based on only the original trilogy, I would say that lightsabres are an impractical weapon that nobody would ever use except to make a point. They're swords in a universe where guns exist, and they can't do weird super-bullet-reflect stuff like in the prequels.

Obi-Wan uses a lightsabre because he belonged to an honourable class of knights (honourable as in "not using the best tactics"). Luke mostly uses a GUN except when he wants to honorably fight his father who he is trying to win over.

Darth Vader uses a lightesabre because it's a symbol of his past.

The emperor would never use a lightsabre, he can just kill people with magic.
>>
>>67831248
Exactly. with the prequels George got everything wrong about his own universe
>>
File: 1459412970089.jpg (25 KB, 625x796) Image search: [Google]
1459412970089.jpg
25 KB, 625x796
>>67831248
>ywn see a Star Wars universe where Jedi dress in practical jumpsuits and armor instead of cumbersome robes and lightsabers are more ceremonial sidearms instead of primary weapons
>>
>>67831248
Luke definitely reflected blasters in rotj
>>
>>67831248
>they can't do weird super-bullet-reflect stuff like in the prequels
The very first time Luke ever makes contact with the Force is when he reflects blaster bolts with his lightsaber in A New Hope.
>>
>>67831248
I definitely agree that Sheev shouldn't have had a lightsaber. Neither should Yoda. They're fucking Jedi/Sith Masters, they should be able to win a fight purely with the Force.
>>
File: Obi15Kenobi.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
Obi15Kenobi.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1202
>be me, a young padawan
>master picks up some weird new kid because "muh proffesy" or some bs
>master makes me promise to train him then dies
>lulwut.c3po
>treat him like a dick cause he's so butthurt all the time
>tfw he's a bro and I owe him my life many times over anyway
>one day he finally flips out and kills a bunch of kids
>I find him and we duel
>I even taunt him during the duel by letting him know he will always be lower than me
>mfw I cut off his appendages and leave him to suffer and die a horrible death instead of saving him or putting him out of his misery even though he saved my life too many times to count
>mfw I saw it all happen and did nothing anyway
>mfw he was a good friend
>mfw I wasn't
>mfw I'm the worst Jedi in Star Wars
>>
>>67831248
You are just making assumptions and conveniently ignoring facts like >>67832477

You are an autist and a faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>67832477

ROTJ is actually where a lot of the problems that people blame the prequels for started.

It was when the Tatooine robes became Jedi Robes too.

>>67831248

Jedi and Light sabers are cool and popular, so they got upgrades in the sequels. That's really it. Lucas wants to make money and pander to fans and fan expectations. They want Jedi, I'll give them Jedi.

It's also why Star Wars went from Rebels vs. Empire to Jedi vs. Sith.
>>
>>67832780
>It was when the Tatooine robes became Jedi Robes too.
Then why does Yoda wear one in ESB?
>>
>>67831513
fuck that shit. it will never come to that.
>>
>>67831248
>lightsabers
>impractical

anyone who knows the force can fucking deflect blaster shots with them. in most cases they're swords that are BETTER than guns. a guy shoots you, you send the bolt back at him. Luke mostly uses a gun because he doesn't know how to use a fucking lightsaber for the entirety of the first 2 movies.
>>
>>67831513
>it's literally called a lightsaber
>wear mirror armor
>deflect and reflect the beam back at the Jedi
>>
It's gonna be great
>>
>>67835555
lel
>>
>>67831513
>practical jumpsuits and armor

Fucking this. It's a little disappointing how all Jedi didn't wear that black outfit Luke wore in Jedi. Instead Lucas went with the old tattered robes Obi Wan wore.
>>
>>67831248
Luke deflected light sabers in the Millenium falcon. Stop trying to remember what you want to remember. The rest is what other people call "head-canon", or things they want to believe.
>>
File: Pottery.jpg (12 KB, 190x331) Image search: [Google]
Pottery.jpg
12 KB, 190x331
>>67835555
> quads
also pottery
>>
>>67831230
They can block them with thier hands.
>>
>>67836242
the jedi wore robes because they aren't soldiers or mercenaries. they're more than that. a skilled jedi would fuck em up without fancy weapons or armor. the robes are regal and classy. besides you know damn well most jedi took off the baggy outer robe to do any significant fighting.
>>
>>67830832
Again, you're missing the point of the prequels. Obiwan sees his own shortcomings in Anakin, that's why he's so tough on him.

It's okay though, I don't expect redditors like you to make this connection
>>
>>67831248
>you mean it(the force) controls your actions?
>partially, but it also obeys your commands.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NCLxwLEY

Force can be used for anything. You probably only watch ESB.
>>
File: FkXsi3t.gif (231 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
FkXsi3t.gif
231 KB, 800x508
>>67835555
Nice. Very impressive.
>>
>>67836323
fucking THIS
>>
>>67835555
They're called that because it sounds cool

They're actually plasma
>>
>>67836514
Unfortunately, anon, in that same scene Obi-wan explains how the force works and, it made me re-think how Rey can't be a Mary Sue in the force due to what this anon >>67836468 has said.

However, this doessn't mean I like Rey. I can still blame poor writing for her BS super force skills.
>>
>>67836392
Vader can because he has robot hands.
>>
>>67836747
>They're actually plasma
[citation needed]
>>
>>67836882
>>They're actually plasma
>[citation needed]
Whoops sorry about that

They're actually fictional my bad
>>
>>67836882
Light can't cut. They just generate light.
>>
>>67837174
>Light can't cut.
Considering how stupid the average /tv/ shitposter is this bait is actually pretty subtle.
>>
>>67837174
>Light can't cut.
What is a laser?
>>
>>67837623
See? Told ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja
>>
>>67837410
>>67837623
Yeah that was stupid. Guess I should say, how could light cross against each other and make sparks? I'm pretty sure light would just pass over each other.
>>
>>67830963
>ever doubting the master poet
>>
>>67837788
I farted a prickly poot when I lagged at this.
>>
>>67831248
Does anyone just pretend that the prequels never happened? I don't mean the dumb midichlorian stuff or the Anakin stuff, I mean literally everything feels off and disjointed, and I hate imagining that this is the universe my beloved SW takes place in.
>>
How weird, I just watched this review again like 10 minutes ago.
>>
>>67838034
That's what everyone really does. I watch the original trilogy from time to time and it just reminds me that nothing good lasts forever and I should try to enjoy the good stuff while I can as long as it lasts.

Not looking forward to the new Twin Peaks at all.
>>
>>67836859
Vader can only block blasts with ONE of his hands.
>>
>>67838034
So like the stupid stuff like jar jar and padme? Yeah, but I always have had faith in their setting, like the clone wars and sheev.

If only George was filtered.
>>
>>67831513
>jedi should just wear armor and shoot guns like everyone else
Wow that's genius.
>>
OG Wan looks like my actual dad.
>>
>>67831348
He made what he wanted to see, not what you autists wanted.
>>
>>67839513
He was a good dad.
>>
>>67839526
people have a hard time understanding this. it's like they think it's their movie or some shit.
>>
>>67830032
why was his beard all fucked up in those scenes

i also thought his acting was of a "lesser" quality. that is, more shit than usual.
>>
>>67839526
>he
>retarded manchild poet surrounded by yes men
>>67839608
>their
>autists
It's almost like I'm supposed to stop caring or something.
>>
>>67839677
You are
>>
>>67839711
I did. That was a rhetorical comment.
>>
>>67839644
Well if you just got off a flying car chase, your beard would also be all fucked up.
>>
>>67839677
if you care so much, make your own goddamn movie. stop acting like the filmmakers should listen to your advice.
>>
>>67839988
NO.

STAR WARS IS STAR WARS BECAUSE OF ME.

ME! ME! ME! FUCKING ME!

GIVE ME THE MOVIE I FUCKING DESERVE!
>>
File: YES.jpg (15 KB, 282x320) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
15 KB, 282x320
>>67840065
>>
>>67840290
I'M NOT WRONG CUNT.

STAR WARS IS A THING BECAUSE OF FANS LIKE ME.

WATCHING THE MOVIE.

OVER AND OVER.

PAYING.

AND PAYING.

AND PAYING.

OVER AND OVER.

MERCHANDISE.

MOVIE TICKETS.

SOAP DISPENSERS.

FUCK YOU GEORGE THE POET.

GIVE ME THE MOVIE I DESERVE.
>>
hate sand
>>
>>67830131
Why couldn't he just use the force to rip out Grievous's heart?
>>
>>67831230
>Without the lightsaber, a Jedi is defenseless against blasters
>who is Kylo Ren
>>
>>67830561
POETRY holy shit
>>
>>67840957
because that would make him a gigantic coward.
>>
>>67841128
for you
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.