[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Home Improvement/ & /Tim Allen/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: timallen.jpg (28 KB, 461x480) Image search: [Google]
timallen.jpg
28 KB, 461x480
>Home Improvement was, I think, the last sitcom that let a male main character be a man. At least until Parks and Rec (and Ron is such an over inflated symbol of machismo that he isn't a realistic portrayal of manliness). Tim Taylor was a successful man, who ran his family along-side his wife. He did manly shit. He loved tools, he tinkered and repaired and broke shit. He had a project car in his garage that he took years to complete. He may have been haphazard, but he wasn't a dope. He spent man-time with other males, ribbing Al, advising his audience and getting advice from his wise older neighbor. For the sake of comedy, he did break shit all the time, but he wasn't some fat, sarcastic dopey cuck like you see on every show now adays. He compromised with Jill and she with him. He presented himself well, and was respected by his followers and colleagues and children. He was also compassionate, understanding, and able to accept when he was wrong. He was as much a male role model as you can find in a sitcom, and it's sad that American TV does not have father characters like this any more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4d7pvl/every_grunt_from_home_improvement_ever/d1om7un
>>
File: 1408702089301.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
1408702089301.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>67828911
>reddit
>>
>>67828911
I hate feminist but fucking whiny cunts who can't laugh at an old episode of the Simpsons on reddit piss me off too.

https://youtu.be/AG2BoWqAqys
>>
>tims big problem is going too far and a bumbling fool on his own tv show.
>this makes him the last real man.
>>
>>67828911
You should watch Last Man Standing, all 3 daughters are qt
>>
>>67829365
This.
>>
My parents divorced right when this came on TV when I was a kid, and I basically let Tim Allen, TV Dad raise me as a surrogate father.

I still feel a weird affinity for him. I love you dad.
>>
>>67828911
Get this reddit trash out of here

Where are the janitors in this dump?
>>
>>67829465
Throwing your mom's pussy into the trash because it stinks and spawns vermin
>>
>>67828911
this show was about as funny as full house and tim allen is a loser irl and was a loser on the show

that said, if you need male rolemodels a sitcom is really not the place to look
>>
The TLDR version is that I'm a child of divorce and Tim Taylor was my surrogate dad.
>>
>>67829577
so if you live with your mom i guess that actually makes you al and tims your dad.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.