[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't watch this in 11 years and holy shit it was way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: batman89.jpg (208 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
batman89.jpg
208 KB, 1024x768
I haven't watch this in 11 years and holy shit it was way more boring than I remember, especially the Vicki Vale/Knox scenes

How this script even got approved beyond me. Is there anything Tim Burton touches that doesn't turn into complete shit?
>>
>>67828822
It's the opposite for me, hated this movie for a long time, rewatched it recently and was surprised that I really enjoyed it. It's a solid 7/10
>>
>>67828822
the whole movie was sold on how unexpectedly awesome Keaton was as batman and how unsurprisingly great Nicholson was as the joker. the downfall of this movie is the fact that none of the other characters are interesting. the set designs and cinematography were great, and the score is practially GOAT. the movie has a very unique look.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 520x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 520x576
>>67828822

The movie is quaint compared to modern capeshit.

Yeah, Knox and Vicki are the worst part of the movie, but every movie has those boring parts to it. You don't see it for them, you see it for Keaton and Nicholson. It's still one of DC/WB's best along with The Dark Knight, Batman Returns and Batman Begins. This is my favorite scene in all of capeshit,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwUwzNWYK4
>>
>>67828822

>boring

I saw it in theaters with a huge audience last summer and people were still cheering, laughing and having a good time during all the classic Batman and Joker scenes. It still holds up for being 27 years old. This scene in particular everyone was whooping (pretty much every Joker scene really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ
>>
It was made back when movies were actual movies and not 2 and a half hour long trailers for their sequels.
>>
>>67829344
i always thought the hand buzzer scene was way more brutal than anything Heath Ledger did, but people nowadays act like this movie is child's play compared to TDK.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x372
>>67829628

And unlike the Nolan movies, Batman and The Joker actually bled when they got hit or shot.
>>
It's still the best live-action Batman

I hate Batman Returns though
>>
File: Gotham1989mattPainting.jpg (203 KB, 2037x1301) Image search: [Google]
Gotham1989mattPainting.jpg
203 KB, 2037x1301
>>67828822
Its script is a mess and it doesn't do the Batman character and mythos justice.

Any scene with a Prince song is cringey.

Jack Nicholson is playing himself as usual.

Bruce Wayne is played by a <6' comedic actor with an average body type.

But fuck me if the aesthetics and Danny Elfman score doesn't make me watch it whenever it's on.
>>
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
Returns is superior in every way desu
>>
>>67829873

>Bruce Wayne is played by a <6' comedic actor with an average body type.

He's the best one too.
>>
>>67829873
How to spot a /co/mblr retard.
>>
>>67829628
The violence in TDK had enough realism in it to really hit home. The buzzer is brutal but cartoonish. The Joker shoving a pencil in a guy's eye or forcing two men to fight to the death with a pool stick are things that could conceivably happen in real life and are stomach-churning.
>>
>>67829877
Returns is capekino

seriously the Penguin's death/"funeral" is such a fucking weird mix of camp and seriousness that it feels artsy as hell, especially after the Penguin's actions/characterization throughout the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcaPMGGla4o
>>
Tim Burton movies age like milk
>>
Batman 89 is my favorite Batman movie of all-time and I just can't understand why people dislike it -- well, aside from MUH COMIX fannies decrying everything always.
>>
>>67830739
Except for Ed Wood
>>
>>67828822
>boring
You are pleb if even this movie is too fucking slow paced for you. This movie has incredible replay value, it's still entertaining.
>>
One of the products poisoned with Smilex was baby powder.
>>
>>67828822

1989 Batman and 1992 Batman Returns are the best Batman films of all time, only children growing up with the Nolanverse would think otherwise.
>>
>>67829873
>Bruce Wayne is played by a <6' comedic actor with an average body type.

Have you watched any Michael Keaton films?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.