[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was such a bad movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: The Hateful Eight.jpg (269 KB, 1500x751) Image search: [Google]
The Hateful Eight.jpg
269 KB, 1500x751
Why was this movie so bad?
>>
>>67828576
Because you have shit taste.
>>
howdy reddit
>>
>>67828590
It is honestly Tarantino's worst movie
>>
Terribly small scope.

Would've made a decent stage play though and I like Oswaldo's justice monologue.
>>
>>67828590
>>67828594
I mean, can you defend it at all? It felt like shitty reservoir dogs in costume. Bloated script and unsympathetic characters and NO REAL POINT. Death Proof was better.
>>
>>67828737
He's making it a stageplay now, was planning on doing so after Awards season was over.

I'd like to be in a production of it, desu. Could probably make a good Bob The Mexican, or failing that Oswaldo.

>>67828790
I went in expecting Reservoir Dogs in the Old West, and damn if I didn't get exactly what I came in for.

Also my first viewing was in 70mm so I might be biased because that was pretty fucking amazing.
>dat detail on Daisy's face when she got whacked in the face in the stagecoach
Damn.
>>
>>67828965
That seems fair. I guess more than anything else, I didn't really get what the movie was "about". I felt lost and uninterested. It looks great, no denying that. I guess it is just my least favourite Tarantino. Which is yours btw?
>>
>>67829145
I dunno, I guess Kill Bill vol. II didn't have the same punch as the first volume. I know technically they're both the same movie but the second movie just felt weaker than the first.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>67828965
>I will never play Mannix in a Hateful Eight stageplay

jdimsa
>>
>>67828576
It was alright.
I love the atmosphere.
>>
>>67828576
It was hamfisted and poorly written, terribly paced and despite how hard it tried, it wasn't very suspenseful. the first 20 minutes of inglorious basterds was more suspenseful than the hateful 8.

oh and it was a complete waste of a pretty great cast, the characters were one dimensional and illogical.

if it was meant to pay homage to his own oeuvre, instead it felt like a half baked recycling of his previous work

tarantino's worst flick to date
>>
>>67828576
Every couple days I see someone posting a h8ful 8 sucks thread

Dunno why your shilling so hard but it really wasn't that bad
It just wasn't as great as some of his other movies.

Still re watchable, still quotable and still better than most movies that have been released in the past 5 years
>>
>>67829145
What are any of Tarantino's movies "about"?

They are about quirky characters in interesting settings and situations. They are about Tarantino's dialogue. This movie in particular is partly about an exceptional Oscar winning score by Ennio Morricone.

It did drag a bit in the middle, but since it's Tarantino you know something crazy is coming and that tension builds to a comically bloody climax that is just plain fun.

Maybe it's not for everyone, but for me it is right up there with "classic" Tarantino
>>
>>67829355
All that being said it was beautifully shot.
>>
No moral to the story.
>>
File: samueljackson.jpg (43 KB, 690x400) Image search: [Google]
samueljackson.jpg
43 KB, 690x400
>>67828576
BIG
>>
>The nigger in the stable has a letter from Abraham Lincoln?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRs86itQd4
>>
>>67828576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hDukMECsg
>>
>>67829355
>the most serious scene in inglorious basterds that was made to introduce the villain and build suspense was more suspenseful than the entire whodunit western comedy/the thing tribute.
>OPINIONS
brad pitt sucked in basterds
>FACTS
>>
>>67829384
the characters were so shallow though. the reb from south carolina doesn't even give a fuck that major samuel jackson murdered the general he looked up to so much

then literally five minutes later the guy acts as subordinate to the major and they become "friends" at the end for literally no reason at all
>>
would have been cooler with more tracks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2u4ySmm2Fw

that being said the movie didn't suck and other than tim roth being a bit of a bore i think it was great

i am a little sad that the action had to wait until the last bit but if that's how it's gotta be so be it
>>
>>67829517
>the thing tribute

lol ok

>watching a tarantino flick thats not even suspenseful

i bet you liked django too
>>
>>67829397
the moral is sometimes everyone loses

>>67828737
>small scope
>doesn't dig deeper to the themes of a movie

>>67828590
/th
>>
>>67829397
The American Dream is a Big Fat Lie, but so are the reasons for bigotry, bitterness, and hate in general.

To defeat true evil, men must put aside their petty grudges. And if they do, then maybe they can see that justice is done. Or something like it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.