[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was not THAT bad. Did it need a lot of trimming? For sure.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7
File: batman-superman-header2.jpg (42 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
batman-superman-header2.jpg
42 KB, 640x357
It was not THAT bad.

Did it need a lot of trimming? For sure. Was it like someone took a good screenplay and shook it around in a bag? Yes.

But it wasn't 25% bad. Maybe, 70% bad. Miles better than MOS.
>>
File: 1458928823783.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1458928823783.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
It really is 70% bad
>>
I honestly don't give a fuck, I just enjoy the memetastic rollercoster of this movie trainwrecking in every direction
>>
>>67826114
It's Man of Steel 2. I liked it for it is.

Doomsday really fucking sucked though, I wish he wasn't in the movie at all. Or maybe if they pulled a Godzilla where you barely see him up close. God I hated him, so fucking out of place.
>>
>>67826243
same, its hilarious
>>
>>67826114

my God, you fuckboys just can't help yourselves. Every single time one of you idiots who actually liked this movie posts on the internet trying to defend this movie it's always the same thing.

"The critics are wrong. It's not THAT bad ..."

and then you just proceed to bring up what was BAD about it.
>>
File: Captura de Tela (21).png (69 KB, 827x362) Image search: [Google]
Captura de Tela (21).png
69 KB, 827x362
>>
>>67828572

Hahaha, wait, do you actually think pointing out some extremely obvious symbolism is some earth shattering insight?

We all saw it. We all got it. It's still fucking dumb.

It's elementary school basic and about as deep as a puddle of your cock-flavored spit.
>>
What I did not get was how Bruce Wane became Batman. Like they just toss you into the middle of his story with no background or history to the character.
IMO the first 30 or so mins needed to be heavy backstory on batman so we know what is going on.
>>
>>67826243
I'm literally recommending that all my friends and family go see it because of how awful it is.
You know how when you hear the screeching of tires you whip your head to see how awful the accident is? That's what this is like.
>>
>>67829232
If you go to a movie with Batman in the name and don't know who Batman is then you have failed at life.
>>
>>67826114
Why do people defend this movie. I mean it wasn't the worst but there were some glaring flaws shining through the dark filter Snyder used.
But it had some good things but lwts not try to argue that it was to deep, artistic , or smart that people just didn't get
>>
>>67829632

>But it had some good things but lwts not try to argue that it was to deep, artistic , or smart that people just didn't get

But there is a lot that people didn't get it.
>>
>>67829584
>implying kids or foreigners know batman like americans do.
Hory sheet
>>
maybe the movie shouldve been animated?
>>
>>67827981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4XxPE1HTo
>>
>>67829837
>Thinking Batman is not a world wide symbol of the human struggle against evil.
>>
>>67829713
>using blatant iconography that is spoon fed to you.
>to deep or smart.
Ya no.
It wasn't that deep kiddo. I mean i give him points for trying but it's not that deep
>>
>>67829944
Some see him as a vigilante and a menace .
Plus not a lot of people know batman or grew up with it.
>>
>>67829976

What iconography? What were the character's arcs about? What is the theme of the movie?

Lots of people can't respond these questions.
>>
>>67830038
>Plus not a lot of people know batman or grew up with it.
This is just dumb. Do you even understand what the world is outside the USA?
There are little kids in island nations of SEA running around pretending to be Batman.
>>
>>67830105
If you watch the movie you can find those without trying to hard.
But it was begrudgingly slow.
They should cut snyder to save face and find a new director.
>>
>>67829713

Name one thing. What was SOOO deep that the audience just didn't get?
>>
>>67830123
No they arent. They are busy trying not to be sex slaves.
>>
We just need to wait for the uncut release. It is going to be 6+ hours so it will cover more of the story.
>>
>>67830276

Not deep, but they don't get Lex's motivations or character's arc despite being told over and over and shown in very overt ways.
>>
>>67830464
this
>>
>>67830464
Remember 90% of the movie going public don't understand plot that is not laid out in a voice over.
>>
>>67830464
>Not deep, but they don't get Lex's motivations or character's arc despite being told over and over and shown in very overt ways.

You seriously think that?
>>
>>67830714

Explain to me then, bruv.
>>
>>67830714
please be a memeing redditor and not serious
>>
>>67826114
I agree, it was a pretty good movie. Either people are too retarded to understand it or they're just butthurt marvelcucks who expected a 3 hour quipfest.
>>
My first and last post on this subject. I don't really like most Marvel movies before someone calls me Ma Marvel cuck (only really liked the first 2 Iron Man movies and the Thor movies, with my favorite superhero movies being Begins and TDK) but this movie was utter shit.

Here's a few points:

1) I really liked some of the visuals, the Batman suit apart from the cowl is pretty well done, also liked some shots during the opening scene in Metropolis. That said, there's also a lot of things to not like visually in this movie apart from the cowl. Doomsday was as generic as it gets, and there is no way I won't be seeing him as entirely out of place CGI in 5 years time (doesn't blend in with the rest of the shot).
Wonder Woman is too scrawny to be taken seriously as a warrior woman. Total miscast in that sense.

2) Characters weren't true to who these characters have been for years. Superman seems like he's constantly questioning whether he should be bothering doing good, and Batman murders and tortures people, while getting played by Lex who has discovered the secret identity of a supposed master of disguise. The world's greatest detective fails to detect a 200 pound man following him in dress shoes at a party, among other huge things he fails to notice to be happening around him. This can be excused by explaining that they're entirely different takes on the characters, but then why would you brand it as BvS and market it as such?
>>
>>67831440
>if they dont like it they are marvel cucks
>le quip meme
Dcucks acrually believe this
>>67830798
Explain to you how stupid you sound to think people didn't get btfo v supercuck?
>>67830826
Please respond
>>
>>67832035

cont.

3) Lex made no sense as a character. His motivation for being crazy evil doesn't check out at all, and he seems like at times he has a very specific plan in place for years, only to have parts of it left up to luck (such as the creation of Doomsday), he seems like he uses advance technology for his goals and then goes on to use a stupid plastic timer as a prop on the helipad scene.
Performance was too cringy at the end, absolutely stupidly directed and so over the top it's absurd.

4) So many plot holes that aren't as easy to ignore as in other capeshit movies, because those don't take themselves as seriously. Superman goes from being able to detect everything and find anyone to being unable to, depending on what's needed for the plot to progress. Says he will try to talk to Batman to get his mother situation sorted out and then proceeds to shove him through 3 buildings without explaining why he's there, while at the point having no idea whether his suit would hold up well enough and having no reason to since for all he knew he was entirely invulnerable.
Batman who debated killing Superman for months before finally moving in decides to spare his life, when he realizes that Superman has a life when he removes the cape? Or are we supposed to believe that Batman, despite being a shitty detective here, failed to realize that Superman lives a double life and doesn't just hibernate in his supersuit when he's not saving people?
No one at the paper reacts to a trusted colleague dying during work?
Superman lets his girlfriend go into a war zone, between multiple people with guns, without even being close in disguise, while she supposedly means the world to him?
Superman asks Batman if he found the spear to fight Doomsday and after Batman responds that he's been busy, they all take turns keeping Doomsday busy instead of having someone look for the spear, somehow knowing that Lois will be looking for it.
>>
>>67832082

cont.

The general feeling you get is that there was no atttention paid to character motivations or how events lead one into another, there was just a few scenes that they wanted to play out and moved from one onto the next with minimal attention paid to how that transition was justified.
>>
I still don't understand why wonder woman was shoved into this. Totally fucking unnecessary.
>>
“You just didn’t understand it.”

– the mantra of every mouth-breather who desperately wants to imbue intellectual value onto something that doesn’t have it.
>>
>>67832035
>>67832082
>>67832120

I feel you didn't payed attention to the movie. Not dissing or anything. Some of your complaints seem to stern from a lack of attention to details.
>>
>>67826114
the animated movie was fucking amazing, haven't read the comic, people say its better
>>
>>67832308

There has been several threads explaining shit that happened in the movie, but people still complain about the same shit.
>>
>>67832191
>>
>>67832348
Did you read his posts?
>>
>>67832561

Yes. He seemed to not have payed attention to certain parts of the movie.

For example the movie establish that Superman can't hear everything like an antena. He has to focus his attention. His focus most of the time is on Lois.
>>
>>67832470
No there hasnt.
It's been le marvel cuck quip
It's to smart
It's artistic.

It's like dc necbeards are seriously trying to save zach Snyder. I mean it was wasted potential and if they cut snyder loose they can find someone to do better.
Burton did awesome for batman and it wasn't trying to be le grimdark or 3deep5me.
>>
>>67832836

>No there hasnt.

Here's one: >>67754364
>>
>>67832756
You didn't read his post. It is kinda true though.
>>
>>67826377
That wasn't THE Doomsday though. There are multiple abominations that carried that name in the DC universe. Doomsday wasn't even made by lex luthor, he's an ancient, cloned kryptonian.
>>
>>67832963

I didn't feel like addressing every simple complaint and nitpick his arguments. I'm just saying that some of the stuff he talked about had a reason to be there in the movie.
>>
>>67832756

So Superman can only hear everything when it's convenient.

Like, he can hear Bruce's talk with Alfred at the party between multiple people talking and loud music, despite having no reason to pay specific attention to Bruce's ear, and for that moment his attention isn't on Lois, but when it's no longer convenient to have him hear things he is no longer paying attention.

That convenient way of turning character traits or powers on and off depending on what the plot demands is what people call plotholes.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67832072
>>
>>67832836
>to smart
>>
>>67833050

Lex named him Superman's "Doom's day".

If you think there will be more appearances of such abominations that will be different entities and still called Doomsday in this universe, you're beyond fucking retarded.
>>
>>67833123
He was there as a reporter, why wouldn't he be scanning the room for a story?
>>
>>67833123

>Like, he can hear Bruce's talk with Alfred at the party between multiple people talking and loud music, despite having no reason to pay specific attention to Bruce's ear, and for that moment his attention isn't on Lois, but when it's no longer convenient to have him hear things he is no longer paying attention.

Bruce caught his attention since the beginning, anon. The scene is even in the trailer.
And yes, there are moments where he isn't paying attention to Lois and so can't he hear her.
There are no inconsistency here. For example during the hearing he avoided Wallace because he couldn't face the man out of guilt and shame, and that's precisely why the bombing is in part his fault. It's why he felt so guilty and day-dreamed about his Pa. Another person that he also failed to save.

The limitation of his powers are used in the movie and there's a point to it.
>>
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/03/warner-bros-downplays-batman-v-supermans-big-second-week-drop/
>"We're not concerned with the drop," Warner Bros. domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said. "No matter how you slice it, to get to $52 million on any given weekend is an enormous accomplishment. We’re most focused on where we are in total. And our global number is huge."
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>67826114
loved the movie felt it was too long. DC are world building because they've been caught out and put too much into this movie.

There was just some unnecessary shit and too much lois lane. However, like Man of Steel I will probably end up watching this a couple of times. This movie is fine dining . Marvel is Mcdonalds. Not to knock Marvel, sometimes you need a dirty fucking big mac.

Never watched a Marvel flick more than twice, they're just not repeat movies. You watch once you remember it off by heart. I've watched Man of Steel 4 times and everytime there's something new.

I have cousins aged 9 and 11 and they loved BvsS and excited to see what's next from DC.
>>
>>67829232
Is this a shitpost?

How the fuck do you not know how Batman became Batman?

Wasting time in an already bloated movie to show unnecessary backstory that everyone already knows is ridiculous.
>>
>>67834523

Not to mention that the movie takes your knowledge of the previous movies - Bruce is old, Batman retired, there was a sidekick who died - and applies that to the movie.
>>
>>67834523
Not all of us grew up in first world nations with rich mommies and daddies who bought us comics.
>>
>>67834601
>Batman retired

No, he was active the whole time.

He didn't come out of retirement
>>
>>67834523
yes
>>
>>67826114
Nah it's a 5/10 movie at best.
>>
>>67834659

The newsman said that Batman came back and more brutal.
>>
I thought it was fairly good. A really interesting take on the classic DC stories. I think it suffered some from the PG-13 rating and a limited run time but other then that a near perfect 10 for me.
>>
>>67834721
hmm. Okay. Didn't get that from the rest of the movie though.

I remember Alfred said something about him fighting crime for 20 years.
>>
>>67829837
>>67829944
A buddy of mine in college had a chinese exchange student for a roommate and he didnt know who Batman was. He was watching us play Arkham City and we had to explain the origin to him
>>
I enjoyed it. I have to be honest, though, that fucking fight choreography during his lucid dream was fucking shit. I felt so embarrassed for the director that I felt uncomfortable watching it. Literally what the fuck?
>>
>>67835034

Snyder hated that scene. In an interview he said that he wanted to open the movie with the Wayne murder and the executives wanted to open the movie with the Mad Max shit. They fought back and forth for days until coming to an agreement of including everything in the movie.

I feel that all the sequel-bait came from the executives.
>>
>>67835416
It's going to get even worse for Justice League, especially with the way this movie is underperforming.
>>
File: 2813330555237263001.jpg (204 KB, 637x439) Image search: [Google]
2813330555237263001.jpg
204 KB, 637x439
>>67834645
suck my fucking dick you enormous fucking fag
>>
Remember the core of the plot resolves around their moms sharing the same name. Think about that.
>>
>>67835520
Someone is a trust fund baby. Mommy and daddy to busy cheating on each other to give a fuck about you?
>>
>>67835602

The women in the movie move the plot along.

Lex found out Superman's identity and set him up thanks to Lois.
Superman constantly relieves the trauma with his mother - the scene where the Wayne tower fell there's the whole orphan girl and her death mother.
Batman gains a bit of humanity by meeting Wonder Woman.
Superman retains his humanity thanks to Lois.
Lex sacrifices all the women in the movie.
Superman's mom and Batman's mom is what unites them.
Wonder Woman helps the two in the big fight.
Batman and Wonder Woman creates the Justice League.

The power of le puss-puss.
>>
>>67835602
The core of the plot is that Batman is an idiot who did 0 research
>>
Batman using guns, killing people, etc. This is not Batman at all.

This almost feels like some Earth 2 or Flash Point shit.
>>
>>67827981
It's not a 1.5/5, it's more like a 3/5. Not a great movie, but not terrible.
>>
Really what hurt the movie the most was giving the entire thing away in the trailers.
If they had hidden Doomsday and save it as a big reveal for the 3rd act I think most people might have liked it much more.

Coming in knowing all the plot and twists is kind of shitty.
>>
>>67829232
Normie casual why even watch the fucking movie if you don't know shit about it.
>>
File: The Notebook.jpg (134 KB, 639x800) Image search: [Google]
The Notebook.jpg
134 KB, 639x800
>>67836006

No. Batman didn't need to learn more about Superman to keep on hating him and hunt hiss ass. It's Superman. Everybody knows him and he's everywhere.

The reason why Batman is hunting for Superman is because Batman wants his life to mean something. It's not about who Superman is, but rather about Batman himself.
Superman is like that hot chick that you want to fuck to feel better about yourself. You don't even know her name, but you still obsess about the two of you together and everybody you know looking you two full of awe and envy.

It's about validation.
>>
>>67836180
What really hurt the movie the most was that it was a fucking turd
>>
>>67836059

This is an older and jaded Batman that lost his way.

Also, Batman didn't intentionally killed anyone. He committed manslaughter. Just like Christian Bale's Batman did several times. Ben Affleck's Batman is just more honest about it.
>>
Who was that faggot that warned Bruce during his dream? No one specific?
>>
>>67836321
It's supposed to be Flash
>>
>>67835869
Why are you so mad over not knowing batman's origin story? Have you been living under a rock your whole life? Why are you 4chan of all fucking places, did you get linked here via Facebook? Are you some poor Filipino kid?
>>
>>67836450
I am from the Mother Land brother. Our heroes wear red.
>>
Alfred's screen time was awkward. It should have been more or less, not what it was.
>>
>>67826114
Why the fuck are you asking yourself questions then answering them instead of just directly saying it you fucking redditor?
>>
>>67835602
This was the main thing I came away with. If Clark's mom had not been named Martha by coincidence, Bruce would have speared him without pause.
>>
>>67836570
What?
>>
>>67826114
>But it wasn't 25% bad.
The RT scores translate to "very consistently considered mediocre at best".
29% Fresh, Average Score 5/10
>>
I thought tossing in Wonder Woman was one of the biggest flaws. I am so tired of the "We have to have powerful women" shit they keep pulling in movies.

This was not her fight and she seemed massively out of place.
It is like Green Arrow showing up out of the blue and saying "I was at a fundraiser near by!"
>>
>>67836840
It made sense when you accept that this movie was just a stepping stone into the Justice League movie franchise / DCCU. WW is arguably the third most popular DC hero, it makes sense for the studio to shove her into the plot now to get people excited about JL.
>>
>>67837128
Her entire role can be replaced by Bruce telling Alfred "I can't take his place alone, I will find others" or something to that effect.
>>
>>67836724

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second:

It's not just that their mothers are named the same, it's the fact that he also has a family, that he is relatable (and also the part about being manipulated by Luthor, the fact that they really did not have a legitimate reason to fight in that circunstances, and that the major menace at the time wasn't Superman but Luthor).

I get the martha meme, I laugh about it, but we're better than this, senpais. We're supposed to be the ones who understand things in movies.
>>
>>67833123

Lex was giving a speech, everyone else was silent, hence why he picked up on what alfred was saying.

You're pretty fukkin dumb kiddo.
>>
Seriously. How could the fight coreography in that desert scene be such fucking shit when the fight scene in the warehouse was pretty brutal and legit?
>>
>>67834645

I'm from a south american third world country and I call bullshit. If you don't know how Batman was born you're a beyond redemtion autist or a kid, and if you're a kid maybe you shouldn't be allowed to watch BvS.

Also: All of that would be explained in a future Batman stand alone movie.

AND also: If you have access to the internet and don't know who Batman is, you're doing everything wrong.
>>
>>67830038
Who? The fucking Gotham Police Department?
>>
>>67837392
But Batman literally only stopped because he heard that specific name. He had no idea it was family related until Lois ran up and yelled it. He only stopped because he had a PTSD moment about his own mom who had the same name. If Superman had yelled "I have to save [any other name]" Batman would have continued and killed him.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.