[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about Indiana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull.
>>
>>67823556
ayy lmao
>>
>>67823556
1=2=3 >>>> 4
>>
I didn't see it
>>
It was just as good as the trilogy.
>>
>>67823556
I rewatched it, and I thought it was pretty good. Though crazy stuff like Indie surviving a nuclear bomb by getting inside a refrigerator, really take you out of the immersion.
>>
File: 1422217953090.png (34 KB, 822x899) Image search: [Google]
1422217953090.png
34 KB, 822x899
It went too far and ruined the immersion and realism. Happens with a lot of sequels as writers are trying to one-up past films.

A solid 5/10. If it was a stand alone movie and not part of the franchise, I'd probably rate it higher.
>>
The action, location and dialogues were all pretty good. Hell even Shia was better than I expected.
The whole ayylmao shit was over the top and stupid though. The UFO at the end felt like a joke.
>>
>>67823663
that was a dream sequence caused by the alien radiation
>>
2nd best in the franchise.
>>
raiders of the lost ark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> last crusade > temple of doom > kingdom of the crystal skull
>>
>>67823769
>>67823663
>original movies were believable because I was 5 year old when I saw them

Indiana Jones movies were always capeshit tier
>>
>>67823556
CGI MONKEYS
>>
>>67823867
I honestly agree. I mean, its somewhat debate compared to Last Crusade, but people who honestly think Temple of Doom is better either haven't watched that movie lately or have a sever case of nostalgia goggles.

The refrigerator scene, although stupid, isn't much dumber than some of the stuff in the originally trilogy (like bailing out of an aircraft in a lifeboat, etc.) as for the aliens, it fit with the 50's pulp theme the movie was going for, as opposed to the 30's pulp theme of the earlier films. (which makes sense, since those films were set in the 30s and Crystal Skull was set in the 50s).
>>
sucked
>>
pure shit. then again temple of doom and and last crusade weren't any good either
>>
>>67823556
Was good till they reached South America

The trilogy is better
>>
i liked the margot robbie cameo
>>
Raiders of the Lost Ark works amazingly as a standalone film and not as "the start of a franchise".

The rest of the franchise is shit.
>>
it was miles better than temple of doom.
>>
Certainly has its flaws but is nowhere near as shit as leddit and others make it out to be. Worst in the series but that's mainly because the original trilogy is all fantastic. The fridge and aliens were totally goofy but the rest was pretty okay.
>>
>>67823556
It was fucking shit. Prequels tier bad.
>>
Any other good movies in the same vein of raiders of the lost ark and the original the mummy?
>>
>>67824866
Did we watch the same prequels? They are way worse.
>>
It's not good but people saying it's the worst shit ever were just riding high on the (deserved) prequel hate
>>
It's pretty good, some great actions scenes and I really don't think aliens being in an indiana jones movie is all that absurd i think it makes perfect sense, especially for a indiana jones set in the 50's. Shia is also pretty good in it. It's the worst of the series but I wouldn't call it bad
>>
>>67823556
I jerked off to the scene where she explains how she's going to use the skull to turn America communist.
>>
>>67825058
this guy nailed it
also old indiana jones is pretty based
>>
>Jonesy, I'm a double double agent capitalist XD
>>
>>67823556
Are the Indiana Jones movies good? Are they worth watching? Should I watch them in order? What do you rate these films? What about the characters and the settings? Is Indiana Jones realistic? What can I expect from watching these films?

Please respond.
>>
>>67823556

it was pretty meh,

they should've done sequels when Harrison was younger. watching him fight soviets at 60 was cringe worthy.

(the same for his Han Solo role which was shit)
>>
>>67825108
Cate Blanchett was hot as fuck in this movie.
>>
>>67823556
All I want to say about it is that I wanna eat her poopie.
>>
>>67823769
>realism

What?
>>
>>67825151
Yes, watch them. They are fun escapist action adventure films
>>
>>67823556
The worst thing is that they're making a fifth movie and that Harrison is coming back again.
>>
>>67823556
The aliens was most rational and realistic thing in this entire movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3dKqTjZO4

i dont even like cinemasins but yeah
>>
File: Spankoff.jpg (183 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Spankoff.jpg
183 KB, 800x1200
I didn't hate it
>>
>>67825141
>I don't even know who I work for anymore!

What a shit character. Completely pointless.
>>
>>67823663
A guy taking a man's beating heart right out of his chest didn't take you of the immersion?
>>
It had the makings of a good Indy film, but it went down hill when they went to South America.
Pros: Good and sexy villain, La Boeuf in a not shit performance, that Yale chase scene, good looking set, decent macguffin.
Cons: Cgi bullshit, including that bitch from RotlA, jumped the shark with aliens and "knowledge is treasure" message, stupid over-the-top fencing scene, river scene, that bastard who keeps defecting and didn't get his teeth kicked in.
5/10. If they made it more location-focused I think it would have grounded the movie a bit more. Raiders had a lot of travel and city scenes kept the desructive forces of the antagonists and protagonist in check. In Crystal Skull once they got to the isolated South America it went to shit because only the bad guys and good guys were there, and George felt that he had a license to do whatever the hell he wanted with cgi. There was no neutral force that kept the two belligerent forces separate or create a semblance of reality ,which quickly fell apart in the film's second half. I think the aliens could have been done tactfully if they weren't supreme super beings. It was ridiculous how they were handled in Crystal Skull. The ending should have been that they find the skeleton in some creepy cavern altar, after following research about crystal skull worship and unknown jungle tribes, and upon resurrecting it the alien eats the hot chick like a fucking brute, forcing everyone to flee and seal the cave. Indy can say some line about forbidden knowledge and Shia can have some quip about not wanting to go to college. The End.
>>
Raiders > Crusade > Crystal > Doom

This is definitive. Crystal only was seen as bad at first because crusade was so good. Arguments against it are fucking retard >muh realism >implying Indy ever was realistic.

Temple of Doom is shit, though.
>>
>>67823556
First half is good, second half is shit

Not as good as the trilogy at all
>>
I didn't watch it

Why would anyone watch a 20 year too late cash grab?
>>
>>67827250
I need to watch Doom again, but I don't remember it being that bad besides the obnoxious secondary characters. It had a nice atmosphere that captured that 40s pulp adventure feel.
>>
>>67827321
Why did people watch Star Wars 7?
>>
>>67823556
better than that awful shitfest that was Temple of Doom
>>
Aliens perse didnt bother me that much its just that the script was shit.

Even Shia was tolerable in his role and i hate that faggot.
/tv/s gonna freak but overall the plinkett review was spot on about most of the problems
>>
File: Is dis nigga serious (1).jpg (123 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Is dis nigga serious (1).jpg
123 KB, 960x540
>>67827250
>>67827405
>>
File: jackie_chan_power_stance.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jackie_chan_power_stance.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>67827447
>dr. pavel, I'M FIFFY DOLLWA BILL
>>
lol wtf
>>
>>67827447
Putting crystal skull above temple is a meme, don't worry

>inb4 nostalgia
Never watched Indy as a kid, only got to them in 2009, so argument invalid
>>
>>67824240
This shit right here.
>>
Garbage. Indy is about religious artifacts of power and fighting Nazis, not ancient aliens and commies.
>>
Not as good as the older ones, but it's an okay movie.
>>
File: 1422337668138.jpg (18 KB, 432x526) Image search: [Google]
1422337668138.jpg
18 KB, 432x526
>>67823556
1>3>4>2
>>
Crusade = Raiders >> Temple >>>> Crystal Meth
>>
>>67823556

I liked the basis of it but in a number of the scenes they just went too far down the silly road. If you went through the movie and toned down these ridiculous moments it would be a solid film.
>>
File: 1454650013800.jpg (92 KB, 640x553) Image search: [Google]
1454650013800.jpg
92 KB, 640x553
A shitty movie, but aliens and commies in an Indiana Jones movie was a logical direction to take the series.
>>
Part Time!
>>
I can't put my finger on it but Crystal Skull lacked some form of grittiness that the originals had

I think it's that stupid soft lighting or soft filter that George lucas used in every movie he's made since Clone Wars
>>
As someone who loved old cold war era media, the first half was great, maybe some bad dialog and plot points, but it was pretty fun. Yes, even the fridge scene.

It trails off once you involve aliens though.

Overall it was OK, but im disappointed because it could have been so much better
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.