[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So BvS obviously wasn't a masterpiece - but does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: brendan alimony.jpg (696 KB, 1277x1065) Image search: [Google]
brendan alimony.jpg
696 KB, 1277x1065
So BvS obviously wasn't a masterpiece - but does anyone here genuinly believe it deserves as much critical backlash as it has while movies like The Avengers and almost all other Marvel properties get praised? Or to go even further, all of Disney's recent productions. I mean was it really that much worse than The Force Awakens for example? The criticism for that film here was that it was essentially a watered down rehash that brought nothing new to the table - meanwhile people bitch about Snyder's movies changing characters and their personalities/stories too much. What gives? Just looking for some realtalk because I just watched it and, flawed as it is like most of Snyder's movies, I don't understand the blatant hate at all.
>>
Disliking it is a meme.
>>
>>67822019

Because Snyder has given us a grim, depressed Superman for two movies now. The tone works for Batman, but not Superman.
>>
>>67822050
Pretending to love it is a meme.
>>
>>67822019
>this is what butthurt DC fanboys actually believe
Cry more
>>
>>67822082
Only because people secretly want the same shit for the tenth time, even though we live in a cynical shitty world just like the one in Snyder's movies. People don't like having a mirror held up. Superman has to be perfect from day one and we have to be perfect, too. It's a joke.
>>
>>67822201
>Comic book movies shouldn't be escapism
>Comic book movies should all be Watchmen Reloaded
>>
>>67822506
They shouldn't adhere to any particular formula. Why be so upset over someone changing up a story and its characrers from.the way it's been told for 80 years?
>>
File: taking out the trash.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1550) Image search: [Google]
taking out the trash.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1550
>>67822082
>not muh Superman
>>
>>67822685
>implying all change is good change
>implying those 80 years were homogenous
>ignoring that BvS is 'the same shit' for the 3rd time, adhering to Watchmen formula
>Implying allegory and escapism are incompatible
>>
>>67822791
>comparing man of murder to based Kingdom Come supes
Wew
>>
>>67822050
What are your cinema credentials to make such a claim
Post them
>>
>>67822846
Are you simcerely telling me you didn't think it was at the very least more interesting than the avengers?
>>
>>67822846
>implying all change is good change is good change

he didn't imply that at all

>implying allegory and escapism are incompatible

no but avengers only qualifies for one of those as well and look how critics received it
>>
>>67822019
It certainly doesn't deserve 20 damage control threads on the catalog at all times. Pace yourself, you fucking puke.
>>
>>67822925
It had me bored stiff.
>>67823041
>"Y u b upset over changes?"
Seems to imply change is assumed good.
>Avengers wasn't allegory
Millitary organisations adapting to new global threats using unorthodox means...
You're right buddy, no parallels to reality there.
Or does subtext need to be supratext in the world of Snyder....?
>>
>>67822050
This
>>67822908
I'm a member of /r/films
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.