[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fifteen minutes about which foods sound funny on or about Rod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: SLee.jpg (29 KB, 387x329) Image search: [Google]
SLee.jpg
29 KB, 387x329
Fifteen minutes about which foods sound funny on or about Rod Liddle's person - which included five minutes of quietly crunching papadums as his girlfriend leaves him - is patience testing even for Stew.

Did he go too far?
>>
>>67821132
I was near enough convinced watching that last episode that he's trying to tank his career so he can go back to being a cult figure operating on the periphery, certainly no where near television.
>>
File: LTDRussellKane.jpg (35 KB, 662x372) Image search: [Google]
LTDRussellKane.jpg
35 KB, 662x372
DUDE FUCK DAVID CAMERON LMAO
>>
“A sneering tosser.” Rowing Rob, Guardian.co.uk
>>
>entire bit reliant on me knowing who random newspaper journalists are

Dropped. Mock the Week wouldn't have this nonsense.
>>
>>67821290
Should go back to Fist of Fun since it's the only amusing thing he's ever been in.
>>
>didn't know this had been on
>find episodes on iplayer
>play first one available
>"As we all know the Islamic State does not represent Islam"

Dropped
>>
He sometimes talks about the process of refining his audience. I think it's a fine line between refining and utterly alienating everybody. Last week's show had almost no substance whatsoever. Interested to see how he finishes the series.
>>
>>67821516
You missed the first episode by a day or two, dude. It only recently went off iPlayer.
>>
literally numale: the comedian
hopefully he is just acting up to them and he doesn't really believe what he says
>>
>>67821571
He should do everybody a favour and refine them into suicide.
>>
The first episode was good, but it's tedious how often he just rants about the audience or makes stupid noises for 10 minutes straight.

This series has been pretty shit all in all
>>
>>67821516
The latest episode was called Migrants so I was half expecting to hate it for politics alone. In retrospect I can't remember any comment about that topic. The episode was essentially a meditation on Stew's approach to comedy, which he's obviously done before but not to this infuriating extent. It was really tempting to fast forward on two separate occasions.
>>
>comedian says something the edgy teen audience of 4chan disagrees with
>is now shit

COLOUR ME SUPRISED.
>>
HE COME OUT STEW
>>
He seems genuinely sad now.

Not ironically sad or acting sad. Actually sad.
>>
>gives massive hate to people at home who like observation humour
>rips into jehovahs witnesses
>mocks the idea of a jew on a motorbike
>thinks the idea of anti-islam humour is stupid
fuck me.
>>
>>67821698
>or makes stupid noises for 10 minutes straight.

I thought the bit where he impersonated a cat with explosive diarrhoea was hilarious. It's possible I was the only one!
>>
He likes performance art style comedy where the audience are made to feel awkward. He talks glowingly of Ted Chippington performances where Ted just told the same joke repeatedly for ten minutes.

It's an acquired taste. You can listen to ted Chippington on YouTube - Lee is trying to do that.
>>
>>67822465
The 'rap singer' bit from the first series is one of my favourite comedy routines of all time. I did not like the Rod Liddle bit.
>>
>>67821132
it's not just a list of foods OP
>>
>>67821132
It would be one thing if he hasn't done exactly the same schtick before, but you know he's just going to keep nom'ing those fucking popadoms which completely takes away the comic clement for me.
>>
This series seems like he's genuinely trying to do as much unfunny shit as possible and show how retarded and sycophantic the audience is.
>>
>>67823073
>retarded and sycophantic audience
because they couldn't possibly understand that he's de constructing his whole shtick on purpose.

only you could get it. no one else.

you are so much smarter than they are.
>>
>>67821132

>a comedian for people who have no humor, but think they have have a superior humor/intellect to everyone else

he's the containment board of comics
>>
>>67823073
They're barely laughing though. The hand-picked, Stewart Lee fan audience who applied to watch the show, and they're not laughing at his routines.

I love Stewart Lee, but the only way to save himself now is to go the full Nick Drake.
>>
>>67823516
They're not hand picked. I managed to get tickets for season 2, watched the filming of the crisp packets episode. They basically give out tickets to the first 500 people who apply, but the venue can only hold about 200.
>>
>>67823825
What if you were disabled and they only had seats left in the upper balconies?
>>
I like him. I "get it". Saying that season as a whole is not nearly as good as his previous ones.

But if I had paid to go see him I'd be livid. I usually just get my phone out when he starts doing his repetitive noise bits. But if you were in the audience it would get infuriating.
>>
>>67824248

Imagine if he pointed you out though, like he does with the audience sometimes. That'd be classic. You're getting original Stewart Lee content, tailored to you, instead of the same old routines.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.