[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally saw this, really excellent film. Enjoyed the concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Finally saw this, really excellent film. Enjoyed the concept of framing The Odyssey within the context of 1930's America. What did you think of it?
>>
>>67820367
It's bonafide.
>>
YOU STOLE FROM MY KIN

guide on how to do quips right.
>>
>>67820410
This.
>>
I AM THE MAN
>>
>>67820367
nice movie
excellent flick
>>
>>67820367
Goodman's character was awesome.
>>
>>67820367
great soundtrack. almost singlehandedly responsible for modern mainstream attention to bluegrass (the consequences of which will never be the same).

the desaturated palette didn't seem like a gimmick, for some reason.
>>
Watch Sullivan's Travels if you want the whole experience.
>>
>>67820367
I wish there were more "Americana" movies, it's such a distinct feel that few movies ever seem to capture or care to capture. This is one of my favorites.
>>
>>67820367
Best Cohens comedy.
>>
>>67820410
this
>>
>>67822184
There are tons of Americana films my man. From Here To Eternity, Legends Of The Fall (although legends is a bit melodramatic), The Missing by Ron Howard, The Claim, the list just goes man.
>>
>>67822367
Just wanna add, The Claim is one of my favorite movies. It's about a prospector who, during the goldrush, found his claim to fame and built a town out in the mountains of California. Wes Bentley plays a man from the transcontinental railroad to decide if the railroad is going to go through the prospector's town. I won't lie it's not some oscar worthy effort, but good god its portrayal of a post-gold rush mood and time is absolutely SUBLIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVykd5e8EjE

Plus it's got Mila Jovovich in her prime before she got suckered in to those Resident Evil films. A young Sarah Polley stars as well.
>>
>>67822591
Thanks for the recommendation.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.