[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pleb.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
Until this day my main entertainment were flicks, but now i want to change my taste. So i came here to ask you ¿what movies will help me to start in the path of the patrician?
Recommend me directors (both modern and classic) and their best movies.
>>
>>67818654
>asking /tv/ for help
>>
>>67818654
Fritz Lang, Metropolis
>>
>moving on from flicks to movies

talk to us when you're ready for kino, after you master films and cinema, respectively
>>
>>67818654
Stupid fucking image.

le angry sculpture man
>>
Criterion collection
>>
>>67819658
I'll put it on my bookmark, thanks.
>>67819440
Good.
>>
Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr
>>
>>67818654
The image is bad, but you sound earnest.

Bergman: Persona, Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, then the 4-part Fanny and Alexander

Fellini's 8 1/2

Antonioni's trilogy

Truffaut's the 400 Blows and Jules and Jim

Renoir's The Rules of the Game and Grand Illusion

Chaplin's City Lights, Modern Times

Keaton's Sherlock Jr, The General

Of course, Citizen Kane to start, then more Welles

Terrence Malick

Kiarostami's Close Up is essential, then Certified Copy

There's a lot of great films and directors, depending on where your interest or mood lay
>>
Start with Hitchcock or Kurosawa. Pretty accessible and then you can move on to 'deeper' patrician directors like Tarkovsky, Bergman, Ozu and Bresson.
>>
Here's my watchlist fampai, there's a bit of everything and it's not ordered but every movie here should be good to great to a masterpiece

http://pastebin.com/KReifXpe
>>
Thanks alot
>>
>>67818654
Rome
I, Cladius
The Caesars
Spartacus (Kubrick)
Ben Hur
The Fall of the Roman Empire

That should get you started.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.