[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 2 went to shit as soon as the punisher went to prison.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: daredevil.jpg (113 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
113 KB, 970x545
Season 2 went to shit as soon as the punisher went to prison. His arc in the first half was really good
>>
>>67814123
Nah Season 2 went to shit as soon as they tried to make Karen interesting and brought back Stick. Punisher was terrific but he didn't really add much to the overall plot of the show, they should have had him be more involved with the final fight instead of just killing a couple of people. I do hope we see more of him as the series goes on and he has a little more to do in the main plot.

Also I don't get the Elektra hate, it's a Daredevil show, they're going to have to throw ninjas and Elektra in eventually. Nobu was a really lackluster villain with no real screen presence but the rest of it was handled as well as they could handle it I thought, and Elektra was nice and sexy.
>>
>>67814233
The final fight was a huge disappointment, since DD himself said there were hundreds of ninjas coming. Then we see what, 10 of them on the roof?

I was totally expecting hundreds of ninjas on the roof, then Punisher appears with that minigun they showed earlier mowing them down.

Elektra was fantastic and overall it was an improvement over S1.
>>
>>67814734
>I was totally expecting hundreds of ninjas on the roof, then Punisher appears with that minigun they showed earlier mowing them down.
I just finished it recently, but I loved that idea while I was watching it. Could have been cool as fuck.
>>
the show alreadywent to shit with the punisher trial. dont get me wrong the trail itself still had cool as fuck frank scenes. but by that time the shows focus already went to that ninja bullshit. and holy shit were all these never ending overlong martial arts fight scenes tiresome and boring.
also turning matt into an unreasonable asshole just to add inconvincing conflict felt really stupid
>>
File: image.gif (870 KB, 219x286) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
870 KB, 219x286
>>67815286
>tfw I'd do it all over again
>tfw dubs
>>
>>67814123
Season 2 never dipped below a 7/10
>>
>>67814123
There needs to be the cut of this show with only Frank's story.
>>
He was great in prison too. The season went to shit by introducing (or reintroducing if I remember S1) the fantasy/agic subplot with immortal ninjas. I don't even know if Elektra is supposed to be some kind of inhuman or something and I don't care. This one show should remain grounded and brutal.
>>
>>67814734
>I was totally expecting hundreds of ninjas on the roof, then Punisher appears with that minigun they showed earlier mowing them down.
Muh dick. That would've been perfect
>>
>>67815486
Any scene with Frank was great. The scene where he murders an entire cell block was great
>>
>>67814123

I didn't hate the Hand plotline but I stopped giving a fuck when Frank stopped being centre stage honestly, Bernthal was incredible
>>
>>67815486
the show exist in the same univers as Howard the Duck
Having a little magic is expected
>>
>>67814123
Is there anyone that could've played the punisher better? It seems like perfect casting
>>
>>67815401
I thought the same fucking thing! I'm thinking about downloading a torrent of s2 and cutting it up myself.
>>
File: 1292098651553.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1292098651553.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Murdock: perfect casting
Castle: perfect casting
Stick: perfect casting
Elektra: perfect casting
Karen: goofy hairy pimpleface
Foggy: most annoying man on the planet with whiny voice is meant to be a gifted lawyer

why
>>
>>67817474
>elektra perfect casting
lel no. this person couldnt act for shit. really doesnt help when you have to be in a scene showing great pain from a bad injury and it basicly looks as if she's smiling all the time
>>
>>67817547
I think you watched a different show, this thread is about Daredevil season 2
>>
>>67817427
How you gonna do it? I don't think you could upload it on Vimeo.
>>
File: 1457773227726.png (31 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457773227726.png
31 KB, 321x322
>>67817592
I think you watched a different show, this thread is about Daredevil season 2
>>
>>67814734
Probably that was the initial idea for the ending but that would make DD look even more like a side character in his own show. Frank was amazing, really made this season worth watching.
>>
>>67814123
It's pretty mean of Karen and Matt to call Nelson "Froggy" just because he looks like a human Pepe.

Doesn't really go hand in hand with Matt's superhero stick IMHO
>>
>>67817765
kek
>>
Frank in prison was the best part of the show, even if everything else went to shit at that point.

As soon as Frank escaped and they paired him up with Karen was when the season went to shit.
>>
>>67814123
Not sure if /tv/ being as contrarian as usual but I genuinely liked the whole season overall. Both Punisher and elektra arcs, even if the last 3 episodes were lacking.
Best capeshit coming this year.
>>
>>67817623
What do you mean how will I do it? I'll use the proper software are cut together Frank's scenes. I obviously wouldn't upload it to vimeo or YouTube.
>>
>>67814123
i didn't hate the ninja shit because I knew it was inevitable and most of the fighting was at least adequately shot and performed very well. The show wares its inspiration on its sleeve, stuff like The Raid, Old Boy ect but I don't think that's a bad thing really.

But there is no debate that Frank was the star of the season like Fisk was in the first.

If there isn't a Punisher solo show/film from this then Marvel really are wasting fantastic potential. They should understand by now how rare it is to have a great actor nail a role and one who has a legitimate fondness for the character he's portraying no less.

They should utilize him while they can. He's not likely to pull a RDJ and start demanding more money for less work because he actually cares.
>>
>>67814734
That had to have been planned at some point but I think like what >>67817694 said it would make Matt seemed like he accomplished little in the end. Or it just wasn't in the cards of the budget.

I guess you could still give DD more to do by having Nobu kick Punisher's ass or something and then having DD not only avenge Elektra but also show he's stronger than the Punisher. T

hat was another real weakness in the show, the Punisher fanservice. I like the Punisher a lot as a character but there is no way in hell he could be DD in a fistfight and he does it twice.
>>
File: realprisonsex.gif (499 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
realprisonsex.gif
499 KB, 500x416
>>67814123
Bullshit, that was one of the best arcs. Reminded me of this.
>>
>>67815486
The show exists in the same universe as the rest of the Marvel stuff and they've mentioned the "Battle of New York" more than a few times which had a full scale alien invasion led by a Norse God. Magic Ninjas aren't going to pull me out of the series especially considering DD has fucking bat sonar.

The only problem was the massive exposition dump by Stick (which was a problem in S1 as well), and the """""twist"""" that Elektra was the BRACK SKAIIRU which were both handled poorly. The fights themselves were terrifically handled though especially against typical television or Marvel fare, but even with all the exposition dumping you still had no idea who the Hand were, what they wanted, or what the Black Sky was.
>>
File: 1829240-wacky_ninja.jpg (55 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
1829240-wacky_ninja.jpg
55 KB, 470x640
Dunno why so many people are hating on the second half. It was full of ninjas. I have been waiting for crazy Hand ninja action.

It isn't Daredevil's fault that comics and even movies have stolen its ninja mojo in parodies. It isn't Daredevil's fault that Ninja Turtles and The Foot Clan became ten times more famous than Daredevil and The Hand.
>>
>>67818747
This

Daredevil is part Noire, part 70s martial arts film, part crime drama, and part Superhero schlock. Super ninjas are inevitable.
>>
>>67817547
Hmm. That seems kinda fitting for crazy Elektra. Them Greeks. They no nuts. They crazy.
>>
>>67818747
It's more about how horribly they were introduced and the plot was
>>
File: 2388360-batman11.jpg (179 KB, 800x1183) Image search: [Google]
2388360-batman11.jpg
179 KB, 800x1183
>>67818528
>The show exists in the same universe as the rest of the Marvel stuff and they've mentioned the "Battle of New York" more than a few times which had a full scale alien invasion led by a Norse God.
This is what gets me the most, though. Midway through season 1 when they started dropping the newspaper references to The Avengers, i felt like the show was ruined because all the characters had been severely underreacting to the gravity of how irreversably fucked up humanity was. I was hoping they'd shifted into a new canon unsoiled by Joss Whedon
>>
>>67814123
> went to shit as soon as the punisher went to prison.

implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE
>>
I hated every second of Elektra.
>>
>>67814123
Most of you just hate when Frank left for a few episodes cause you were mad he was gone for a few episodes so you projected in onto the other characters.
The whole season overall was up to scratch with season 1/jessica jones. Season 1 was a little better, but it wasn't that bad considering it's a superhero show.
>>
>>67815486
>>67817931
>>67818513
>>67819438
Just to clarify, I ment that the show put less focus on him and more on the ninjas. The prison scenes were really good
>>
>>67817474
>Karen: goofy hairy pimpleface
You suck cocks regularly. There is no other possible explanation. You probably have one right on your ear right now.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.