[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever walked out of a movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
Have you ever walked out of a movie?
>>
>>67811374
How does one walk out of a movie?
>>
>>67811374
2 ever, one was The Producers, the other was BvSDoJ.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 248x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 248x372
>>67811374
If you're gonna rape the games, at least have fun when you're doing so.
>>
>>67811374
That wasn't terrible but it was pretty boring.
>>
>>67811475
The worst part of this movie was when they director paid "homage" to Seijun Suzuki by blatantly aping his style for the final action scene
>>
>>67811513
Explain? I walked out before that.
>>
>>67811508
I just don't understand how such a great cast and interesting premise could end up being such a dumpster fire of a movie
>>
>>67811374
Was looking forward to watching this online, what was wrong wth it?
>>
File: 49.png (2 MB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
49.png
2 MB, 1920x818
>>67811529
I didn't save any screenshots but there's a 30-second shootout towards the end shot in a white room and it looks almost exactly like the climactic shootout from Tokyo Drifter

total bullshit
>>
>>67811408
You pack your shit, and leave the theater.
>>
>>67811575
It's not that bad - the performances and direction are really good, and there's three great and tense action sequences. The problem, really, is the editing. Makes the story a lot more convoluted and incomprehensible than it needs to be.
>>
Yeah I've always walked out of a theater. I walk out when I see that everyone else is walking out because the screen is now all black unless there's a post credits scene and I stay before I walk out
>>
>>67811575
Boring as shit, Kate Winslet puts on an absolutely ridiculous Russian accent, needlessly gritty
>>
This was amazing movie .Fuck off capeshits. Also had amazing tits,feet from Winslet and sexy ass from Gal gadot
>>
>>67811374
no

when i pay for something i finish it

if it is bad, finishing it will make sure i don't pay for stupid shit another time
>>
This is one of those movies that pisses you off the more you think about it. It either needed to lose half of its characters or gain half an hour of screen time to make everything work; so much shit with so little satisfying payoff. The last forty five minutes was just scene after scene of, "So wait, this is supposed to be the main character now?"

I wanted it to work as I like John Hillcoat and most of the cast, but fuck, so much wasted opportunity
>>
>>67811644
To add to this, Casey Affleck seems to be drawn to this kind of pointlessly edgy crap. He was in killing them softly and that one movie where he beats up Rose Byrne and those had the same issues as triple 9
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1264x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1264x1920
>>67811576
I dunno, like Tarantino wholesale ripped off The Killer in Django Unchained and that worked out pretty well for him.

What pissed me off about this movie was that the social media marketing actually understood the idea of 47 better than the movie. They actually sold it as a movie about a silent fucking assassin, a ghost, and that was cool as shit. Then the movie came out and it was complete ass.

I mean look at this shit. This poster is fucking great.
>>
>>67811728

Was Anthony Mackie any good?
>>
File: jh.jpg (47 KB, 619x387) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
47 KB, 619x387
I got carried out of TDKR on a stretcher if that counts
>>
Only once, but it was because I had a cold and I started to feel really bad (they had the AC on and that didn't help) so I walked out and went home.
>>
>>67811730
My friend thought the Hitman games were based off the movie. Despite the series being far much older.
>>
>>67811547
dumpster fire is harsh but the last ten minutes was really awkward. I thought Chiwtel did a good job and it's nice to see him playing the villain again.
>>
>>67811728
Casey Affleck wasn't in Killing Them Softly, you retarded shithead

also that's one of the best films of the 10's so far, get some fucking taste

>>67811758
yeah, he was quite good

>>67811730
thing is, Tarantino does it with at least an ounce of style, and his films are good enough (usually) to stand on their own legs - they don't rely entirely on homage. in a terrible actioner like Hitman, it felt offensive.
>>
>>67811758
The entire cast did as well as they could with the awful script. Even Aaron Paul and Gal put in a solid effort
>>
I sat through Scary Movie 4, if I'm paying I'm staying
>>
Age of Ultron

so fucking boring
>>
>>67811728
>He was in killing them softly
no he wasn't. that was Scoot McNairy.
>>
>>67811799
That's my bad. I meant out of the furnace.
>>
>>67811795
Sweet lord, that sounds awful. Get him to play Blood Money, or maybe the new Hitman. I'm getting new Hitman myself today.

>>67811799
Exactly, if you're gonna rip someone off, do it in a way that feels fresh and interesting.
>>
>>67811865
Also a great film. I think you need to work on your definition of "needlessly edgy".
>>
Not even once . I am not faggot.
>>
>>67811929
That movie is terrible and I love slower crime movies like Killing Them Softly. Out of the Furnace was a dull mess.
>>
>>67811374
Yes.
Jurassic World
>>
>>67811374
I'm patrcian so no.
>>
>>67811929
>Out of the Furnace and Killing Them American Style are ''great''

you have pretty low standards. Apocalypse Now is great. The Third Man is great. Lawrence of Arabia is great. those two were by no stretch of the word 'great'.
>>
>>67811374
>dat meme cast
no thanks
>>
>>67811644
>>67811619
So is it still worth the watch?
>>
The only film I've ever wanted to walk out of is Star Trek Into Darkness. I still can't believe I ended up sitting through it.
>>
I walked out of Jumper because it was shit. I also walked out of The Wrestler, but that was because I was dope sick and got "the text" from "my man."
>>
>>67811730
>Tarantino wholesale ripped off The Killer in Django Unchained

Can you explain? Do you mean John Woo's the Killer? I saw it few days ago and can't put these two together.
>>
>>67811374
I had a feeling this movie would suck
It looked like "Middle Schooler's Wet Dream: The Movie" once they started casting
>>
>>67812541
Yeah, in the final shootout in Django there's shots that are ripped directly from The Killer
>>
>>67812395
Load of shit, that movie was.
>literally breaks the prime directive in the first 5 minutes
>>
is it really that bad? I fucking love casey affleck
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.