[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
L O S T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: lost.jpg (327 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
lost.jpg
327 KB, 1366x768
Sorry I'm late. More than 10 years after its debut, I watched the whole LOST series. I watched the finale yesterday.

I was on /tv/ long before it ended and it was all everyone talked about, when the finale aired, there were pages and pages just about it. Still, I did not pay attention or understood a thing, so I knew no real spoilers. When I did, the story had enough back and forths to make me doubt that I did. I regret not joining in at that time though. I thought the finale was extremely satisfying.

Can we have a late LOST thread? Do you still have those verticals and memes? What are your favourite seasons? And characters? Do you remember the ride?
>>
I will NEVER get over libby&anna lucia.
>>
>>67806519

You actually expect to be included in L O S T discussions after "marathon'ing" it? Unless you watched one episode per week and left gaps in between seasons, we don't want you here.
>>
File: 1437877935900.jpg (11 KB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
1437877935900.jpg
11 KB, 250x255
>>67806658
>tfw started coming to /tv/ shortly after Lost finished airing

>never got to experience any of the ride with /tv/
>>
>>67806658

>we

>being this protective of your adherence to a television show

>bragging about it on a Chilean poop-sculpting forum
>>
>someone will discover GoT long after it ends
>they missed out on the year round GoT generals and shitposting spoilers

i'm jealous
>>
>>67806519
LOST is the best TV series of all time.
Deal with it faggots.
Finale was great.
Amazing actors.
Great story.
Perfect soundtrack.

But... People watching it now won't understand half of the greatness of LOST. Waiting for episodes and discussing them with people every week when literally everyone was interested in this series... Sometimes watching it frame by frame, looking for clues in real life (in books etc), creating theories...

I miss LOST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twHXrNtG-7c
>>
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!
;_;
>>
Imagine if twitter and reaction videos were as big they are today during when LOST aired.
>>
>>67806928
I bet you think TFA is better than the original Star Wars too
>>
>>67807409
No.
Are you mad? Maybe you think some shitty Breaking Bad is better?
The only comparable tv series is The Wire.
>>
>>67807476
They literally made the story up as they went along. So you wasted your fucking time making up theories and studying mythologies. Because it was never leading anywhere.

Season 1 is the only real masterpiece.

It's quite obvious they had absolutely no idea what to write after Season 2.
>>
OP here

>>67806658
>>67806928
I've watched it in 3 months, much quicker than the whole run, but I'll be honest with you that I was exremely invested in it for the time being. I'm not a fan of marathons, I like to let the episodes sink in on me. I can only imagine how excruciating it must have been like to endure after all those crazy season finales one after the other. I really regret missing it. A lot of people told me to watch it when it was airing, I was just stubborn and full of prejudice. LOST is so personal, it's really life changing.

I was so creeped out at the revelations the characters had in the other universe of the finale, as if any moment I could find something like it and remember that I'm dead and this life is just a coming to terms with it.
>>
File: jack punch.jpg (25 KB, 1280x710) Image search: [Google]
jack punch.jpg
25 KB, 1280x710
>>67806519
I liked all the jackface threads, also the threads when Jack fought Locke were great
>>
What was the deal with people not being able to have babies on the island? That appeared to be a big thing in season 2 and 3, but then Claire had the baby, Sun got pregnant, Ethan was born in the 70s, Alex was born too with no trouble, apparently it was not a big deal at all.
>>
>>67807555
>you wasted your fucking time making up theories and studying mythologies
I learned much from that.
EVEN if they "made the story as they went along" it was still better than any story in any tv series.
>>
>>67807891
Lost was not giving easy answers, it was possible to figure that out if you were interested enough to discover the answer.

Here are some answers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0P-CA7ntE
>>
>>67807575

>LOST is so personal,

Yes it fucking is you get it. I really wish you could've watched it when it was airing.

It was one of the experiences you only get one time in your life. All the mystery and developments, the 9 month waits, the writers strike, the pacing after season 3. Everything unfolding, theorizing on TheFuselage, Lostpedia, livewatching on /tv/. It was the golden age of television. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>67807987
There are plenty of TV shows that don't pretend to be a complex mystery even though nothing is internally logical and there is no actual solution to the mystery planned beforehand. You have to be a completely irrational retard to remain interested in that.

They penned the first season to get people hooked on the show. It was never their intention to provide answers, because how would that get them more money? Once the show is over, who cares what people think about it?
>>
>>67808230

Truth is, even though some mysteries were a big part of LOST, they weren't the core. LOST was all about the characters since season 1. If they didn't care about a mystery then we shouldn't either. It's all about progression and development.
>>
>>67808230
And there starts your argumentum ad personam.
Most of the answers WERE PROVIDED. There was a solution to the mystery. You are just mad and can't point any better tv show.
>>
This is my favourite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_-vEphJrc
>>
>>67808281
this.
The mysteries were not even the main part of the series. But people turned their brains off and couldn't see what was the most important thing.
>>
It was the worst fuckign shit ever.

>good and evil are actual entities fighting for the earth
>evil is trapped on the island
>some magic goo is kept in check with a giant cork
>afterlife shite

And people bitch about BSG when it was 100x better.
>>
>>67808327
Fargo is better, Life on Mars is better. I've watched anime that's better than this shit
>Most of the answers WERE PROVIDED.
They were drawn up afterwards, and the answers just plain suck. The holy trinity is a more compelling concept than the island

>And there starts your argumentum ad personam.
Please cry harder
>>
The music still has me crying like a little bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wOHIi7xCU
>>
File: lost_vertical.jpg (83 KB, 725x1223) Image search: [Google]
lost_vertical.jpg
83 KB, 725x1223
>no verticals posted yet
>>
>>67808050
Holy shit. Is there more material of it outside the regular episodes?

>>67808216
Yeah, I remember all of that happening around me, but not with me. In the day or two of waiting between certain episodes me and my gf had so many theories going on, to wait so long and along with so many people must have brought up so many things.

At the time it was airing, I've watched like three loose episodes. I did not understand a thing of them and thought the lines were phony and shit. Of course I was not engaged with the characters or anything and was hooked on practical problems (like the fact that there are a billion times when they hit each other with the back of a gun and they immediately faint). Watching the whole thing I see those problems were not problems at all, I can't understand how that bad CGI can make the whole thing MORE comfy to watch. The point really was the characters and their stories and their motivation. The way it is tied together makes us reflect our own life.
>>
>>67808511
oh man
the music lets me always feel like me myself experienced what happened on the island

we have to go back ;_;
>>
>>67808473
At least try harder when you troll, kiddo. Aren't you too young for 4chan?
>>
>>67808577
Yep, that was the last official post series episode of anything they made. It's technically Season 6 Episode 19.

And theres also the mobisodes of Lost, released onto Verizon mobiles in between S2 and 3.
>>
>>67808688
Is that meant to be a reverse troll contingent on the fact I'm not trolling?

You're embarrassing yourself
>>
Guys, did you really hate Kate episodes? I don't understand, I thought she was going to be cringy the whole way, but she was alright and her episodes were alright.
>>
>>67807555
I understand your point but ultimately I don't understand why you can't just enjoy the story. The fact that I it was written as the show developed doesn't mean there's a turd in the tub.
>>
>>67806519
Load of pretentious old shit.
>>
>>67809860
No. GOAT series.
>>
>>67806519

Currently rewatching it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
File: EVANGELINE ODYSSEY.gif (445 KB, 257x266) Image search: [Google]
EVANGELINE ODYSSEY.gif
445 KB, 257x266
>BEST "SEASON":

"SEASON" ONE.

>WORST SEASON:

"SEASON" SIX.

>FAVOURITE CHARACTER:

"DESMOND".

>DESPISED CHARACTER:

"HUGO".
>>
File: image.jpg (421 KB, 996x1407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421 KB, 996x1407
Lost is super comfy

Best grill coming through
>>
>>67812343
>image.jpg

Hang yourself iFaggot, I know it's you even without the fämälämä
>>
>>67812641
>Only one person in /tv/ uses an iOS device
>Irrationally "hating" Apple products

Think (differently), and realize how trivial and pathetic your behaviour is.
>>
>>67813141

This time it was my image.jpg fämälämädingdong

But fämälämä is quickly becoming a standard /tv meme.
>>
>>67808806
>It's technically Season 6 Episode 19.
No, it's not. It is not even official canon. The writers made this to make fun of the people who couldn't shut up about asking such stupid questions.
>>
>>67811716
How could someone hate on Hugo?
>>
Best characters:
Sawyer
Desmond
S1 Locke

Worst characters
Bernard
Shannon
Illana
S3 Juliet
Michael

Seasons Rank
1 = 2 > 6 = 3 > 5 > 4
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.