[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contrarians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 35
File: $$$.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
$$$.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
So after BvS utterly failed and at this point may not even make a profit, let alone compare with MCU success, /tv/ contrarians who pretend to love Snyder only because they hate Marvel went mad from revelation.

It would be even worse for you when Civil War will reach success comparable to Avengers and every critic will praise it and audience will flow and cash will be raining on Disney.

It’s not late to just admit that Marvel outclasses DC or Fox films or Sony when it comes to capeshit. They are better at understanding the genre and as a result give the audience precisely what the audience wants. Not to mention that their films are way more diversified and at the same time connected as a cinematic universe. This is a solid business strategy that results in a strong Marvel brand that is already the most successful movie franchise and it started from almost nothing.

Join the colorful side.
>>
File: 897410312.jpg (46 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
897410312.jpg
46 KB, 550x550
>>67804112
>movies that make almost a billion dollars are failures

What a time to be alive
>>
File: Sage Green Logo.jpg (56 KB, 619x264) Image search: [Google]
Sage Green Logo.jpg
56 KB, 619x264
>>67804112

Fuck you and your capeshit.
>>
Superman rocks
Marvel flops
Superman stinks
Marvel drinks
>>
>>67804112
Fuck off faggot I dont have the time of the effort to listen to your half ass bait bullshit just keep ur shithouse opinions to yourself for once you deaf dumb fucking autist piece of shit FUCK
>>
>>67804112
>/tv/ contrarians who pretend to love Snyder only because they hate Marvel went mad from revelation.
>It would be even worse for you when Civil War will reach success comparable to Avengers and every critic will praise it and audience will flow and cash will be raining on Disney.
Heh so /tv/ gave Marvel a hand in completely annihilating anything other than Marvel and without jokes every 5 seconds. Well played /tv/, you only pretended to hate capeshit, now you showed everyone only Marvel can make movies.
>>
>>67804112
They don't understand the genre better. They understand their audience better.

Considering they made 13 movies that all look, sound and feel the same, I'd say they are the fast-food of the genre.
>>
Marvel's better at pandering to their audience and getting people into theaters, but BvS is a better film than anything they've put out.
>>
>>67804305
How so? Do you have arguments to back that up? How is BvS better than Winter Soldier for example?
>>
>>67804338
To give the short and easy version, BvS tells a story that's entirely gestated from its characters. Each of the central characters is set up very effectively and fleshed out well, and every conflict in the story is derived from their personal motivations and beliefs. Compare with Winter Soldier, which is entirely about Captain America reacting to shit. He never actually goes out of his way to do anything in the film, instead being dropped into a situation beyond his understanding or control, then struggling to work his way out on top. That's not bad writing, but it's certainly lazier and less compelling.
>>
>>67804112
Will we get more Renner and Evans laughing the shit out of their fellow actors after Cap 3?
>>
>>67804451
I can't really refute you so I'll just post a smug picture
>>
>>67804112
You're in denial that there are people with functioning brains in this board, that question the so-called entertainment that these companies shit out to manipulate them.
Whenever someone shares an opinion that destroys your sheltered thoughts and shallow pretenses, you discard it as being ironically contrarian to avoid reality.
>>67796816
The bell will not be unrung.
>>
File: edgy smug slut.png (491 KB, 510x453) Image search: [Google]
edgy smug slut.png
491 KB, 510x453
>>67804709
And you even forgot the smug picture. How does that feel?
>>
>>67804112
Oohh you fucked up OP Deadpool > Disney Marvel Safety net movies
>>
>>67804112
stay based OP. Ignore the DC cucks they will always be retarded enough to believe that having "muh huge dark themes" is good enough to substitute for basic scriptwriting classes that clearly noone at DC took
>>
File: captainamerica-wintersoldier-18.jpg (470 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
captainamerica-wintersoldier-18.jpg
470 KB, 800x1200
>>67804451
You have a point on plot gestation. But that's really the only good argument in favor of BvS.

Government control, definition of patriotism and freedom themes in Winter Soldier are far better executed than incoherent and self-sabotaging antitheist (?) or whatever the theme of BvS was.

Batman's characterization and motivations were good (still irked about murders), but Superman was just awful along with all other characters. In Winter Soldier characterization for arguably all characters was on point.

Winter Soldier's plot makes perfect sense and has better action scenes overall. BvS is ridden with plotholes and crappy CGI instead, with Batman vs Superman being the only worthy action scene. Not to mention forced attempt to establish DCCU.

Finally Winter Soldier is fun and captivating to watch while BvS isn't. And that's the real reason why the former along with other MCU movies succeeded and latter failed.
>>
>>67804926
I'm not really interested in sitting here and actually explaining the subtext and themes of BvS to you - they weren't perfectly executed, and the movie has its issues (namely, as you mentioned, the shoehorned references to a wider cinematic universe), but it's certainly a lot more compelling to me than a basic retread of what the Bourne trilogy accomplished years earlier. As far as engagement and entertainment go, that's totally personal preference, so I can't really argue that. But on my side, I found Winter Soldier to be visually uninteresting and thoroughly boring - actually one of the worse films of the MCU, but that doesn't mean so much coming from me. I only really liked the first Captain America, Iron Man 1, and Guardians. The rest have been formulaic and tolerable at best.
>>
>>67804926
>with Batman vs Superman being the only worthy action scene

>forgetting the warehouse scene exists
>forgetting the batmobile chase scene exists
>forgetting the knightmare sequence exists

>Government control, definition of patriotism and freedom themes
>being redundant 3x over
>>
>>67804300
Theres literally nothing wrong with fast food. Also you cant make gourmet dish from crap such as comic books made FOR CHILDREN. "Capekino" will never succeed
>>
>>67804926

>Government control, definition of patriotism and freedom themes in Winter Soldier are far better executed than incoherent and self-sabotaging antitheist (?) or whatever the theme of BvS was.

Power. It's about power and how one deals with or lack of it.

Now that you'll think about it all the supposed bad acting, motivations and plot-holes will disappear.
>>
File: 32987532.jpg (139 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
32987532.jpg
139 KB, 640x456
>>67804112
Marvel has a secret weapon that DC doesn't
>>
fuck Marvel, Chris Evans only gets 5m for this movie
>>
>>67804112
>implying a movie is only good if it makes money
>implying high art like batman vs superman wasn't going to be misunderstood by the mindless masses
When I saw Batman vs Superman, I knew ignorant posters like you would totally miss the point and fail to appreciate this masterpiece of cinematography. It doesn't phase me in the least. In fact, I get a chuckle out of it.
>>
>>67804112
Marvel are a joke.

Their idea of an epic civil war between superheroes is a 5 a side soccer match in a walmart parking lot.
>>
>>67804926
Winter Soldier wasn't even a good spy movie, it rehashed a stale plot and its impact and dubious character development was instantly reverted in the next movie.
>>
File: disney fanshit.png (229 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
disney fanshit.png
229 KB, 770x711
>>67804112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naqwR9XnJk
>>
>>67805197
>SHIELD is dead
>Just kidding here they are to save everyone
what an embarrassing joke
>>
>>67805026
>I'm not really interested in sitting here and actually explaining the subtext and themes of BvS to you

Don't worry, I got in-your-face over-the-top symbolism and "philosophical" remarks, but I found the execution bad and incoherent. It's there to make movie feel deep without being actually deep, same with MoS.

>>67805058
>forgetting the warehouse scene exists
>forgetting the batmobile chase scene exists
>forgetting the knightmare sequence exists

Chase scene was alright, others I did not like.

>being redundant 3x over

How so? Those are eternal themes
>>
>>67805252

>I got in-your-face over-the-top symbolism and "philosophical" remarks, but I found the execution bad and incoherent. It's there to make movie feel deep without being actually deep, same with MoS.

What as Superman's arc about?
>>
>>67805065
>Theres literally nothing wrong with fast food
Except when it's the only thing you consume and you make it seem as if it's nurturing.
>>
>>67805252

>>67804496
>>67804533
>>67804741
>>
>>67805094
I kind of feel he's akin to Stan Lee in Marvel's heyday. Lee would tell a bunch of authors the plots of the comics, they would draw up the art, and he would then fill in the dialogue. It made it so that things had certain distinctions in tone and style, but had a common feel that overlay all of it. Feige doesn't write for the MCU films, but he lends what seems like his feel to all of them. It's part of what ties it all together even when there are different directorial styles and plots.
>>
>>67805252
>It's there to make movie feel deep without being actually deep, same with MoS.

The difference being, BvS actually delivers on its thematic content, unlike its predecessor. As >>67805067 said, it's about power. To draw it in to the characters, it's about Superman's power, how he deals with being seen as a messianic figure, and how Batman and Lex deal with it. Both see him as a threat to be eliminated, but for different reasons. Batman's motivation for destroying Superman is fairly simple: he doesn't see him as a person, and believes his potential for destruction outweighs whatever good he may be doing.

Lex is more complicated, though. He grew up with an abusive and distant father, but when he died, Lex junior inherited all of his father's control and power. He worked on expanding the megacorp his father had begun, and at the time the film begins, is basically the most powerful man in America - maybe in the world. But then Superman shows up and ruins all of it. He realizes how insignificant his achievements are in the face of such a being, and becomes obsessed with proving man's superiority. He manipulates the climax into a situation that is likely a win-win, for him: either Batman kills Superman, proving man's superiority, or Superman kills Batman, proving man's superiority, or Doomsday kills Superman proving - you guessed it - man's superiority.

So, pretty straightforward: power, and the lack of it.
>>
File: 2052975-cap_vs_bat.png (1024 KB, 582x907) Image search: [Google]
2052975-cap_vs_bat.png
1024 KB, 582x907
>>67805127
>>67805389

>/tv/ contrarians who pretend to love Snyder only because they hate Marvel went mad from revelation

>>67805067
Almost everything is about power. Star Wars is about power. Harry Potter is about power. Claiming that your movie is about power is claiming that you have no real theme to speak of.

>>67805303
About having immense superpowers and still dealing with receeding hair.

>>67805197
Age of Ultron retcon was shit, I agree. Fuck Whedon and his nanny state liberalism. Wonder how Russos will deal with that mess. But Winter Soldier was a good spy movie nonetheless.
>>
>>67805702
>/tv/ contrarians who pretend to love Snyder

>>67805020
>>
>>67805702
>Star Wars is about power. Harry Potter is about power.

Star Wars is about familial legacies and Harry Potter is about muh bonds of friendship. Neither of them have power as a central theme, and they certainly don't explore it the same way BvS does. Your empty dismissals are pretty irritating.
>>
>>67804818
Except Deadpool is still a Marvel comic property.

Marvel technically has Fox and their own studio producing two very strong cinematic universes.

DC has no chance. I care more about Apocalypse and Thanos than Darkseid
>>
>>67805800
>all those delusions

Good simple tasty hamburger is better than uncooked one called "boeuf faite pour les gourmets avec du pain".

Find out what's behind that symbolism!

Also, dubs

>>67805846
BvS is about superhero struggles which comes from power. No different from Spider-Man or from Star Wars where family legacy is corrupted because of power struggles. Claiming that your central theme is "power" is like saying that you have a story about "overcoming the odds" or a story about "morals" or any other cornerstone trope. BvS is just not that good about telling its superhero brand of power story.
>>
>>67805846
Family legacy is power. Friendship is power.

Your point?
>>
>>67806295
>>67806308
There's literally no point in talking to a brick wall
>>
>>67805615
Arent these things kinda obvious from the get go? Whats to explore?
>>
>>67806459
I'm not doing a detailed analysis of the film here, anon. Most of its thematic exploration is via imagery. Just go watch it.

Also, you'd be surprised the number of people I've heard complain about Lex's lack of motivation - even people whose opinions on film I generally respect and appreciate. So I suppose it's not really that obvious.
>>
>>67804112
Why is the only argument marvel fans have is that they made more money?

Minions made a shit load of money but I don't here anyone claiming that was a masterpiece.

If you want people to take you seriously, try something a bit more convincing than
>it shit because I don't like it
>marvels better because more fuckwits like me went to see their movies.

I don't like any capeshit, but at least the DC guys try to justify their stance by discussing the movies.
>>
>>67805615
>unlike its predecessor
Well MoS wasn't about power, it was about the formation of an identity, through choices. Basically it was the birth of superman as a concept.

Thematically, it delivered on that front.
>>
>>67806684
Nah, I don't agree. It completely failed to communicate any sort of change in Superman's character throughout the film. Chronologically, he saves people as a kid. Then he grows up and saves people as a homeless young man. Then he finds the suit and starts saving people as a fully grown adult. They talk about him being conflicted, but never actually convey it through his actions. The only time he chooses not to save anyone is his father, in one of the worst scenes in the movie.

The closest this came to working was his disgust at having to kill Zod, but it was still poorly handled. BvS improved on MoS in every aspect, but most notably in its writing and conveyance.
>>
>>67806622
They make more money, the critics like it more, nerds and normies go apeshit about them and they take their time and plan it out.

Sure, DC has the Dark Knight, but thats an exception.
>>
>>67806776
>It completely failed to communicate any sort of change in Superman's character throughout the film.
I disagree.

He spends all his life hiding who he and doing good here and there but when Zod arrives he makes the decision to step into the light finally.
He spends his whole life wanting to know where he comes from because he feels he doesn't belong, but decides to choose earth and humanity over a new krypton.
The kent death was kind of dumb but the point it was making was interesting. Kent stopping Clark from saving him was protecting Clark from the public, Kent saw the bigger picture.

It's not about him changing, it's about him defining himself. You cant say he changed because "superman" doesn't exist at the beginning of the film. The movie is about choices.

I do agree however that his "I will not kill" absolute morality stance being challenged with Zod was mishandled largely by it not being properly established beforehand.
>>
>>67806882
But none of that necessarily makes them good movies.

You could make the same argument for the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>It's impossible for me to grasp that there are people out there with opinions different from me and the majority of society so we'll label them with a gold star

K there hitler.
>>
>>67807044
You make a good point. My main issue with the film is that it fails to define Clark as a character in any meaningful way. The choice to reveal himself doesn't feel significant because the morality around hiding himself was so convoluted. Plus, the entire film is bogged down in this Kryptonian political nonsense about a Codex that Jor-El decided to preserve, for some reason. It's so preoccupied with explaining its plot that it never has time to establish its characters or their dilemmas. And that's not even getting into the mess that's the supporting cast. Overall a pretty weak movie, but I do in some ways admire its ambition.
>>
>>67807089
Amount of money earned, amount of positive critics reviews and warm response from audience are objectively measured factors in Marvel's favor.
>>
The V in BvS is a V and not a Vs. because they are putting occult symbolism into the title..the V is in alot of things as of late, and it mainly represents the so-called coming fifth age/reign of Lucifer
>>
>>67804112
>contrarians who pretend to love Snyder only because they hate Marvel
Uhh no? I just like DC period.
Why do redditors always have to talk about Marvel? Don't they know how to judge a film by itself?
Some of the rotten tomato ratings literally read like it's supposed to say "Not as funny as marvel", and they call themselves critics?
>>
>>67807267
lol what

it's made to look the title resemble a court case

Plaintiff v Defendant

Batman v Superman
>>
>>67806329
Literally rekt. You remind of that faggot who thinks BvS is some kind of allegory.. Batman represents /pol/ and wonder represents western women.
>>
>>67807236
I don't think it was weak, but I agree it was a bit convoluted.

It felt like a origin story, and a sequel where supermans morality gets challenged in one, but not giving enough attention to either.

I haven't seen BvS yet so can't compare.
>>
>>67807264
>objectively measured factors in Marvel's favor.
Of what exactly?

Justin bieber sells a shit load, gets praised by critics and by his audience, but I wouldn't for a second entertain the idea that his music is good.

Just because millions of retards are willing to throw money at something doesn't mean it is "good", next you're going to tell me McDonalds is a top quality food too.
>>
File: 1459198757506.jpg (71 KB, 442x933) Image search: [Google]
1459198757506.jpg
71 KB, 442x933
>>67804112
Budget of 250 mill
Maked 587 mill

>"may not even make a profit!"

wut
>>
>>67804112
>and as a result give the audience precisely what the audience wants
I'm audience, I'm not getting what I want
>>
>>67807896
>gets praised by critics
What?
>>
>>67807993
>maked
Thank God for Americans
>>
File: 1456535660715.png (484 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1456535660715.png
484 KB, 600x450
>>67807993
>Maked
>>
>>67808123
He has an average of 6/10 on metacritics
>>
File: wesleydaredevil.png (113 KB, 340x198) Image search: [Google]
wesleydaredevil.png
113 KB, 340x198
>>67807896
If we're talking about business strategy, Marvel is clearly better. If we're talking about film quality... BvS is a pesudo-intellectual movie designed to trick audience into thinking that they are watching something smart when it's really not, so from art point of view it's no different from other capeshit. As far as entertaining factor goes, the one that matters for genre, Marvel is better.

>>67807993
>what is marketing costs
>what is delivery costs
>what is theaters earnings shares
>what is simultaneous worldwide release
>81% drop

>>67791059
>>
>X Men: Days of Future Past >>> any MCU film

>this is an objective fact
>>
>>67807896
McDonalds doesn't have rave reviews from food critics

And yeah, I get it: Marvel movies aren't high art. But thats the thing: people don't go to watch a superhero movie for high art. Watchmen and The Dark Knight may be high art, the "capekino", but when people want to go watch BvS, they dont want to see homages to the Pieta, or Batman's figure creating an image of Moby Dick, they want to see Batman fighting Superman.

When people go to watch the Avengers, they want to watch a bunch of heroes banding up to defeat evil. "Its an old fahsioned idea". Its not rocket science.

Dont get me wrong. I respect Snyder greatly. MoS was good as an exploration of what makes Superman what he is. But BvS tries to hard to be artistic at the cost of its audience.
>>
>>67808294
Sorry, but no. Days of Future Past was pretty trash. It wasn't Origins-bad, but it wasn't too far off that, either.
>>
>>67804163
Corporate America pisses on your head.
>>
>>67808334
Days of Future Past was the best X men movie to date and its acting destroys any other comic book film besides The Dark Knight.
>>
File: 1395905685034.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1395905685034.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>DCucks in absolute denial and damage control mode

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67808408
Yes, it has good performances from a majority of the cast. That doesn't make up for literally everything else in the movie being either nonsensical or terrible.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>67808423
The Quicksilver/Pentagon scene and the last 30 minutes are rewatchable and full of entertainment.
>>
>>67808521
I'll give you the Quicksilver scenes, but the climax is as forgettable as the rest of the movie. Honestly I can barely tell you what happens. Mystique impersonates some guy and saves the day, right?
>>
>>67808550
Are you this much of an idiot?
>>
File: X-Men_Cast.jpg (566 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Cast.jpg
566 KB, 1920x1080
>>67808294
Not any MCU movie, but its definitely a good capeshit. I like X-Men movies, especially First Class. Lots of nostalgia and fun with good exploration of interesting themes and concepts unlike BvS. Main weakness of X-Men is continuity though, it's all over the place
>>
>>67808633
Main weakness is that they rebooted instead of expanding the fresh start that X-men 3 gave them.
>>
>>67808550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdhS6q50mQ

Better than anything from the DCEU and most of the MCU. I think only Cap's speech from Winter Soldier is its equal.
>>
>>67804338
ws is just baby's first political spy thriller
>>
>>67805233
Whedon actively ignored everything that happened in the MCU tho.
At least they kicked him out.
>>
>>67805197
>>67805233
>>67809443
>Implying that actions has consequences in MCU
>>
>>67809525
The civil war is a result of what happened in AoU.
>>
Marvel make live action cartoons (one or two exceptions) with simpler characters.
>>
>>67809553
I thought it was more tied to Winter Soldier. I mean, Bucky is the well-known former terrorist who is getting framed, and everything is being plotted by Hydra. Ultron might as well have not happened.
>>
>>67809610
Bucky is there, but he's just the final straw that makes Cap go rogue.
>>
>>67809610
Hover City.
Many Deads.
Stark's Roboman.
How not matter this?
>>
>>67809654
Because the "we need to control people with superpowers" has been a valid point since the beginning, and Bucky's presence and Hydra's position of power in society were established before AoU. The entire conflict could have started without Mechanical Man's Merry Massacre.
>>
Does anyone expect to be surprised by Civil War in any way?
I'm not dissing it, I really want to know if anyone thinks anything surprising will happen.
>>
>>67809776
Cap's death or Red Hulk would catch me off guard in a good way.
>>
>>67809776
well, they said there will be a controversial ending, i wonder what that might be
i doubt that Cap will die though
>>
This just in, pop culture is now a religion. Why do people care that much about movies? Don't get me wrong, I love watching movies, but all this childish competition is pretty fucking dumb.
>>
File: JabuTxJ.jpg (26 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
JabuTxJ.jpg
26 KB, 500x483
>>67804112
>Join the normie side
Take your capeshit wars back to 9gag
>>
>>67809834
It would be pretty based if he did though. Cap dying the same year as Superman?
>>
>>67809776
>>67809834
I'm calling Cap dies desu

Chris Evans doesn't really want to make capeshit anymore.
>>
>>67809879
>doesn't really want to make capeshit anymore
But he's so good at it.
>>
>>67809831
>>67809834
A death of a major character wouldn't really be a surprise though, would it, seeing as we are all expecting that.
>>
>>67809879
>Chris Evans doesn't really want to make capeshit anymore.
what does he wanna do instead? high art-kino like Snowpiercer?
>>
>>67809938
But it's Marvel, they've never killed off anyone we really cared about.
>>
>>67809954
Romantic comedies with lots of sex scenes.
>>
>>67809954
direct if i remember correctly

also Snowpiercer was one of the best movies of its year
>>
>>67809971
this

the backlash would be too big, also Capfans would not forgive Tony and they need the Avengers in IW
>>
>>67809879
He said he wanted to direct.
After the movie he directed bombed, he said he would be up to appearing even after Infinity War.
>>
>>67809971
I don't care about any of them. Killing off Cap before Infinity War just sounds crazy and also a cheap trick.
>>
>>67807993
For some reason /tv/ literally believes it costs 250M to market a movie. Like internet ads + TV should cost as much as a battleship or something.

I think BvS is a flop but just by its own standards, it should still be okay as far as making more and hopefully they will fundamentally change how they make DCU movies.
>>
>>67810011
>backlash would be too big
No it wouldn't, they just got Spider-man and everyone loves him way more than all the others put together.
>>67810062
Flashbacks maybe? I guess he won't die though. Shame. But what else could be controversial?
>>
>>67810062
damn, that sucks. he seems like a cool guy and I'd like it if his career went where he wanted it to.
>>
>>67810095
>I don't care about any of them
But you're watching it.
>>
OK, what if the controversial ending is similar to the comics.
Peter Parker unmasks himself.
>>
>>67804112
>So after BvS utterly failed
It didn't, apparently it's still plaguing your mind if you're opening your Marvel threads with mentions of this movie. Just like Batman's nightmares, they will never go away. This movie will haunt you until you have no choice but to accept that you were wrong about this masterpiece.
Carry on with your petty quip-quip-punch-punch thread now.
>>
>>67810133
For entertainment. I don't "care" about them as if they are real people.
>>
>>67810105
Spiderman dies.
>>
>>67810173
I almost hope this is true. the butthurt would be immeasurable.
>>
>>67810173
Who gets to comfort Aunt May?
>>
File: rip cap.png (717 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
rip cap.png
717 KB, 490x700
>>67810173
Nah, they introduce Captain Britain in the last fight and he dies 10 minutes later.
There's even leaked pics too of his funeral, which is the ending of the movie.
>>
>>67804112
the DCEU only has two films and marvel has over 10, of course they will have a stronger connected universe
>>
>>67810225
Some kind of satire about the USA killing it's own allies?
>>
>capeshit could have been something truly entertaining but instead we got lel randumb XD Marvel jokes in every single fucking movie of their franchise and DC going in the right direction but being unable to combine adult entertainment for comic book fans and nonfans alike because they are somehow completely inept when it comes to making anything else than solo Batman movies
there is no winner here
>>
>>67810344
I feel like a winner, I get my money's worth of entertainment when I watch Marvel movies on TV.
>>
File: 1458657890174.gif (637 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
1458657890174.gif
637 KB, 200x100
>>67810344
>DCucks
>>
>>67810105
>No it wouldn't, they just got Spider-man and everyone loves him way more than all the others put together.
maybe as a comic hero but not as a character, that isn't even established
>>
>>67810344
>capeshit could have been something truly entertaining
lmao you manchildren never cease to make me laugh
all capeshit is garbage, but marvel makes more money than dc
>>
>>67810532
>not as a character
Nobody cares, it's Spider-Man, he's awesome, everybody loves him, he can swing from a web.
Fanboys, anon.
>>
>>67807993
250 million plus 150 million in marketing, so let's just say a flat 400 million total to make it simple. Then consider that the studio only gets half of the box office cash, and the movie had to make at least 800 million just to break even.
>>
>>67809553
And all the other destruction that they caused before that movie was OK? Shit the Avengers had to wreck 3 cities before the government did anything
>>
>>67810673
Yes because Ultron was created by them.
He almost destroyed the entire planet and is 100% their fault.
>>
>>67810665
It's not that the studio gets half.
They don't get 100% of the money, that much is true, but it's a more simple thing, and it's that studios aren't going to risk 400 million dollars to earn 300.
You want to, at least, double that amount to consider it a worthy investment.
>>
File: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Night on Bald Mountain.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>67804112
DUDE DREAM SEQUENCES LOL

I hope Snyder kills himself, and saves all DC fans the trouble of having to plot his assassination.
>>
>>67810726
Fair enough, resulting point doesn't really change.
>>
>>67810465
I enjoyed avengers one and iron man one too but after that it got really stale and I'd love to see things getting a bit shaken up instead of them rehashing everyone over and over.
>>67810491
>implying
>>67810561
doesn't have to be shit though my friend. Stop being so contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>67810841
>not enjoying GotG or Antman
Well I guess you should just stop watching them.
>>
>>67810143
(you)
>>
>>67810695
But look at everything that happened before Ultron
>Iron Man had a huge fight in downtown big city and destroyed the harbour on another city
>Cap made it rain air planes in Washington DC
>Hulk wrecked Harlem.
>Thor also destroyed a small town city and a big fight in London

Shit these guys has it easy compared to Superman, he shows up wrecks 2 cities, saves the world and then everyone has mixed opinions about him.
>>
>>67804112
>They are better at understanding the genre and as a result give the audience precisely what the audience wants
Those two things aren't related at all.

Marvel is only better because they have Disney's money backing them.
>>
>>67804112
>join the colorful side

what colors?
>>
>>67811632
>We need to have our big climatic hero vs hero fight, where should we put it
>In an empty air port field
>Brilliant Sholmo
>>
>>67811684
At least they don't need to explicitly point out how it's deserted.
>>
>>67811684
>climatic
>at the beginning of the movie
ok
>>
>>67811632
disgraceful
>>
>>67811710
>Implying that they didn't do that to get people to shut up about civilians death
It's almost as insulting as the Marvel movies that has no civilians casualties at all
>>67811711
Pretty sure that will be the only fight where the two teams duke it out and everything after will be small scaled.
>>
>>67811684
>climatic battle
It's in germany seeing the text in the planes, just like the scene where Bucky is in captivity in the train.
They'll probably break him free and try to escape in some plane, where Iron Man ambushes them.
You have to be really foolish to think this is going to be the climatic battle, when the one with Bucky, Cap and Iron Man alone seems more like it.

The airport one is just their first skirmish.
>>
File: 1459653352853.jpg (88 KB, 703x635) Image search: [Google]
1459653352853.jpg
88 KB, 703x635
>>67804112
>MUH TEAM MARVEL

you pooftas are the ones that perpetuate this brand loyalty garbage, saying that people who thought BvS was good are contrarians just proves Snyder's point that you're all a bunch of retards
>>
>>67811684
Yeah, they are going to introduce Spiderman in the final fight.
>>
>>67804246
>being this mad
>>
>>67811861
Why not? Rumours are already going around that they are going to introduce Capitan Britain in the last 10 minutes and then kill him.
>>
>>67811893
Are you serious about this.
>>67810225

That's Peggy's funeral, it's literally the first scene of the movie.
>>
>>67811916
>That's Peggy's funeral
Yes that's what they want us to think.
>>
>tfw civil war will be good and I never get to show off how clever I am by calling it civil bore
>>
>>67811968
It can be good and boring, like 1984.
>>
>>67807267
occult esotericism is everywhere in the movie, i suggest a different reading

^ represents the male principle V represents the female principle, giving a much different meaning especially considering wonder woman stands for lady justice
if you watch the movie and follow it's logic then the movie is advocating for men and women to come together and cooperate
>demons don't come from below, they come from the sky

at most i'm taking the movie metaphysically but literal physical shit happening in our own world?....well, i suggest you look through warner bros studios movies and follow that train of thought you have and see where it takes you
>>
>>67805443
This
for as much as I hate Marvel flicks, this guy is pretty much the GOAT producer
How he's managed to get all of these movies to feel like 1 big story is pretty much incredible
>>
>>67812104
>>67807267
Lay off the /pol/ and /x/, both of you.
>>
File: 1459659767543.jpg (227 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1459659767543.jpg
227 KB, 1680x1680
>>67804926
>Government control, definition of patriotism and freedom themes in Winter Soldier

These themes are literally for kids when compared to BvS, actually they are in BvS, simply building blocks for the bigger picture, Power.

BvS doesn't waste the viewers time with cringey expository dialogue to convey the feelings of it's characters and in turn its themes. Instead, Snyder treats use to a visual rollercoaster that interweaves each characters role in the story perfectly, symbolisism used to identify undertones and sub-text associated with each characters predicament. Critics are repulsed by this just like they were repulsed with 2001, they didn't have a surface level understanding from the first viewing like they would have a Marvel movie, they felt stupid, so they'll call it stupid, which funny enough is an inevitability Snyder touched on in BvS.
>>
>>67812232
DCuck pls go.
>>
Why is everyone so new now?
>>
>>67812245
>>>/v/
>>
>>67812232
This bullshit has already been refuted

>>67806295
>>
>>67812274
Whatever do you mean, Elder?
>>
>>67810673
The battles of New York (The Avengers) and Washington, DC (The Winter Soldier) are also cited as reasons behind the Registration Act in one of the trailers. It's just that the destruction of Sokovia, which actually was directly caused by the Avengers (specifically, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner), was the tipping point.
>>
>>67812298
>This bullshit has already been refuted

It's like themes can be explored differently! I-It's almost like artists have different visions on the same thing!
>>
>>67812372
Just because you have a different vision than other people doesn't necessarily mean that vision is any good.
>>
>>67812142
>Lay off the /pol/ and /x/, both of you.
only been on /pol/ once, /x/ a handful of times
the ^ v shit actually is referenced a bunch everywhere, pretty much part of the symbolism of david's star
and my reading is actually consistent with what happens within the movie

but who knows
>>
>>67812355
Who told them the Tony and Bruce created Ultron?

And most of Washington fault lies on SHIELD and the government, which doesn't have a lot of super humans working for them.
>>
File: Rider40th.jpg (278 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Rider40th.jpg
278 KB, 1600x900
Here's a thing about /tv/'s failure to understand the success of capeshit?

Do you know why Asians love Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai?

Because they are funny, quippy and filled with action.

Marvel movies are literally those. Chinese, Koreans and Japanese love Marvel films because they are basically Western sentai shows, and Sentai shows sell to kids too.

Why is it so hard for /tv/ to figure this out?
>>
>>67812405
explain to me how Star Wars or Spiderman explore these themes and why they have better insight. THEN MY STATEMENT WILL BE 'REFUTED'
>>
>>67812429
Because /tv/ is a melting pot of human hatred and disdain. Fun is now allowed here.
>>
>>67812317
Look at how /v/ plebs are crying about marvel
we have tons of pasta that came from GOTG hate and they're much better than crying "quipsxD"
>>
>>67804112
>Join the colorful side.
What is with Marvel fans' obsession with bright colors?
>>
>>67812473
Got any on hand?
>>
>>67812372
Snyder's vision is shit. Plain and simple. Only people who are defending him are shitposters and contrarians. Even DCbros hate him for what he did to franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrgiGbX4m8g
>>
File: 1454795171414.jpg (88 KB, 502x623) Image search: [Google]
1454795171414.jpg
88 KB, 502x623
>>67812429
>Do you know why Asians love Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai?
For the same reason they have shit taste?
>>
>>67812494
It helps them feel better about their miserable bleak lives
>>
>>67812494
They're pretty.
>>
>>67812508
>angry nerd crying and saying shit
>>
>>67812508
>shit i can't 'refute' his argument
>GET MEMED SON

pathetic
>>
>>67812516

>Not liking Kamen Rider

Bitch, Kamen Rider Gaim was kino as fuck.

Literally Malick-core of sentai.
>>
File: 1459700711341.jpg (330 KB, 1744x678) Image search: [Google]
1459700711341.jpg
330 KB, 1744x678
>>67812508
>Only people who are defending him are shitposters and contrarians
Actually it's genuine plebs that tweet/browse whilst watching actual art like tree of life and boyhood
>>
>>67812590
Still doesn't change that they have shit taste when it comes to girls and what deserves a second season.
>>
>>67812232
Also, Snyder's dialogue or lack there of helps build this anti-escapist world that he's been crafting since MoS, to give collateral damage (Supes vs Zod, Doomsday) a realistic and grim outlook
>>
>>67812638

But Gaim has best girl though
>>
File: zack-snyder-batman-superman.jpg (164 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder-batman-superman.jpg
164 KB, 670x377
>>67812508
>Only people who are defending him are shitposters and contrarians

feeding into Snyder's narrative

how can one man be such a genius?
>>
>>67812590
How do I into Kamen Rider, anon?
>>
File: m Kamen Rider.jpg (1 MB, 1075x1610) Image search: [Google]
m Kamen Rider.jpg
1 MB, 1075x1610
>>67812759

/m/ has a lot of rec charts.

I recommend this one.
>>
>>67812494
Because, believe it or not, the real world doesn't really have a constant blue filter. Unless, of course, there's a problem with your eyes, in which case, you might want to have that checked out.
>>
>>67812799
Thank you kind stranger.
>>
File: Smallville-Season-2-Promo-170.jpg (82 KB, 566x700) Image search: [Google]
Smallville-Season-2-Promo-170.jpg
82 KB, 566x700
>>67812451
You claimed that BvS theme is power. It's been stated that you can't make a movie about "power" because it's an abstract concept explored through other, more concrete themes. Like family in Star Wars where Luke has to choose between moral judgment and power represented by his father. Btw even prequels did a better job at showing how family and love problems may drive a person into temptation of power.

lol, fucking Smallville with same old Superman and Lex Luthor did a better job at exploring "power" through themes of family and friendship. Watch Lexmas episode, it alone manages to do more than BvS ever hoped: Lex's jealousy of Clark, Lex's struggle to do the right thing, Lex's obsession with personal power as a tool to save his loved ones. In 40 minutes and on a low budget.

Violating basic storytelling principles of theme exploration is not visionary. It's a hack job done by hack director resulting in a mess noone wants to see.
>>
>>67805345
Do you know anyone who watches only Marvel movies and nothing else?
>>
>People can't appreciate a mature Batman or Superman story they want Ironman and Captain America in quip-o-vision.

It's over everyone America is done.
>>
>>67812901
Heh, nice quip my fellow DCfag
>>
>>67812901
>mature
Theres nothing mature about Snyders videogame sensibilities
>>
>>67812557
>>67812564
>>67812564

DCucks on damage control
>>
>>67812710
Their taste in worst girl goes outside the realm of just Kamen Rider
>>
>>67812843
>Violating basic storytelling principles of theme exploration is not visionary. It's a hack job done by hack director resulting in a mess noone wants to see.

that is flat out bullshit anon, when people try to elevate the industry that absolutely does make them visionaries, to make it better, to make the art we make BETTER. You're talking out of your ass here. Also i see no attempt of explaining why star wars does a better job of exploring themes than BvS, instead you berate and discredit BvS, this is a sign of hating something you don't understand.
>>
>>67812843
>Violating basic storytelling principles of theme exploration is not visionary.

how is it violation?
>>
>>67804112
>>
File: 1459286183588.png (110 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
1459286183588.png
110 KB, 633x568
>>67804112
>>
>>67813283
I don't understand why anyone would create this

What autistic mind decided to make this?
>>
>>67813345
I don't understand why someone would admit to being this new

Go back to your home site or /b/
>>
>>67813387
What makes you think I'm new?
>>
>>67813032
Well, if of all things you just resort to empty Ad Hominems and calling Snyder genius visionary who can't be understood in this lifetime then your argument has been effectively refuted.

As for Star Wars, well, it's telling when generally bad prequels manage to explain step by step why Anakin craves power so much. How he was a powerless boy who suddenly ascended to higher levels of society, how his romantic life demands him to take a more active stand on things, how he is jealous of Obi Wan, how he views Sheev as the man who can open doors for him etc. etc.

BvS: Lex is jealous of Clark Kent and wants him dead, making up antitheistic mumbojumbo justification for it. Superman doesn't want to be a superhero but has to be (aka "with great power comes great responsibility" from Spiderman). Batman thinks Superman is dangerous. It's just disconnected mess with layers of pathos to hide it. No structure, no connection between elements, just poking at subject here and there.
>>
File: 1300228463475.png (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1300228463475.png
2 MB, 1200x900
>>67813436
>I don't understand why anyone would create this
there is much worse to come out of this board than his frog post and even picture related
>>
>>67813571
I have no idea what's going on in that picture.

But I still don't understand why anyone would take their time to drawn that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OUkztFhUeI
>>
maybe Lex is being controlled/influenced and we will get more of this story later

https://youtu.be/s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>67813682
because autism
>>
>>67813345
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>67804112
>>67804112
So here's the thing about this obnoxious company war. Is Disney Marvel better than Warner/DC at the moment? Of course. Do they make "good" movies? Absolutely not.

Warner Bros seems to have no idea how to use their characters, which is astonishing to me because their animated division in the 90's-2000's made some of the best capeshit adaptations in any media. What they lack right now is someone like Kevin Feige to steer the ship. What the ought to do is call up Paul Dini, Andrea Romano and Bruce Tim and have them serve as creative as EP's on all the DC projects. There is no one in the industry that understands these characters better than those three, and they've been working to adapt the DCEU since before Marvel Studios was even a pipe dream.

The problem with Marvel is that they have a formula, and don't really feel comfortable stepping outside of it. The result is that they make extremely repetitive flicks that get boring to anyone with an IQ over 60. It's gotten to the point that it feels like Ant-man may has well been a soft reboot of Iron Man. Everybody gives them so much credit for world building, and I honestly just don't see it. In the comics, I feel like I get a rich understanding of the world the characters inhabit. With the movies, I don't know dick about anything happening outside of Avengers Tower. And yes, the quips are getting tiresome. I loved Iron Man, that movie was a breath of fresh air in a time that everything was grimdark and hyper realistic, but that movie came out almost a decade ago. RDJ is a charming son of a bitch, but let's see Tony Stark do something different for a change. It looked like we were going to get a look into him as a character in Iron Man 3, but they abandoned the whole PTSD thread twenty minutes into the movie in favor of more quips and explosions. Marvel is just boring. Not terrible, not great, just oppressively meh.
>>
>>67804300
>Considering they made 13 movies that all look, sound and feel the same, I'd say they are the fast-food of the genre.

That's a perfect description for what Marvel does. And personally, I'd rather wade through shit like BvS and Green Lantern if it means that sometimes, every so often, we'll get something like Dark Knight. The trouble with the Marvel method is that, while they will make an endless stream of competently made "okay" movies, unless they get ballsy and deviate from the formula, they will never make something truly exceptional.

And don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong with fast food, I love a good Baconator every now and then, but I have no desire to eat that shit for every meal.

I've had arguments with friends of mine over this exact thing. They said that, while nothing Marvel has made have ever really qualified as stone cold classics, at least they've never had something as bad as Catwoman or Fant4stic, and that is perfectly fair. But would culture really be better off if instead of Citizen Kane and Pulp Fiction and A Clockwork Orange and Jaws, all we had was series of variations on the movie Thor?
>>
>>67814485
still disappointed they didn't go full ultimates, which so i hear had a morrison influence
>>
>>67806527
Two throw away lines, while he walks and talks down a hallway are not strong motivation. The film honestly would have been stronger and more compellig with no Lex at all.
>>
You'd honestly have to be trying pretty hard to come on /tv/ and still pretend to enjoy these Marvel movies.

We know you don't actually like these movies much.
>>
>>67812890
I know a great many people who have said that all movies should be like Marvel. I also know people who have said they'd be completely satisfied in watching nothing but Marvel movies.

They are mouth breathing idiots, no question about it, but they exist.
>>
>>67809776
Considering we don't really know anything concrete about the movie other than two teams of heroes fight I expect to be very surprised. It's basically the opposite of BvS
>>
>>67805094
President Kevin Feige singing Marvel's fight song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

Oh what a weapon they wield.
>>
>>67809876
Cap will at at least stay dead for the remainder of the movie
>>
>>67814825
>213 replies
>>
>>67814485
Marvel is ruled by Disney, and their formula has been working for almost a century, they know how to please critics.
Although BvS has its pacing problems, they at least tried something different.
Even Guardians of the Galaxy follows the same formula as the other movies and just looks completely different. People are amazed GOTG worked but it shouldn't be taken as a surprise.
>>
File: CUCK MY WIFE INTO PIECES.png (152 KB, 293x398) Image search: [Google]
CUCK MY WIFE INTO PIECES.png
152 KB, 293x398
>>67804112
>>
>>67815156
I agree, and I hate it when people point at GotG as if it's some abstract Lynch film or something. It's an adventure comedy space opera populated by a dancing dude-bro and his adorable cartoon sidekicks. People act like Sci-fi is some untested genre, when some of the highest grossing films of the last 30 years have been not only sci-fi films, but sci-fi films that were WAY more outlandish and less accessible than Guardians.
>>
>>67815142
>213 shitposts and company wars
>>
>>67815156
You may not like Marvel from the cinematic point of view, but you creating highest-grossing franchise from nothing through clever plan, adaptability and smart choices is an amazing achievement from a business point of view.
>>
When people talk about Marvel, they talk about the franchise.

When people talk about DC, they actually talk about the movies.

Where are the in depth analyses of Marvel movies?

Whether you agree or not, at least there are people who see depth in DC movies.

There is more discussion about DC movies 2 movies in than about Marvel movies 13 movies in.

Marvel makes comedies. DC makes tragedies.

People actually want DC to become the new Marvel. Once DC has become Marvel, they will complain about DC copying Marvel.

DC is fucked in every way. I hate people. I really do. I hope you all get blacked, get aids and die slowly and painfully.
>>
>>67815643
>Marvel makes comedies.
they do?
>>
>>67815672
They are making a civil war movie that will be filled with more witty banter than actual fighting.

Yes. They do.
>>
>>67815643
>DC makes tragedies
Well you're right about that. BvS was a fucking tragedy.
>>
>>67815632
My point was that Disney has been doing this for a while. Of course it may look as an amazing achievement, but it's just Disney being Disney. They just bought star wars and made loads of money, they know what they are doing and they're not going to try something ordinary.
>>
>>67815643
Just because a movie makes you laugh doesn't make it a comedy you fucking child. Stop trying to act all mature.
>>
>>67815733
doesn't really make it a comedy though, just a weird, badly blended mix of action and comedy
>>
>>67808294
Why do people keep saying this when the only good bits are the future parts?
>>
>>67816245
even if that were true, he's still right.
>>
>>67815643
NaCl
>>
when will capeshit end? enough already
>>
>>67816245
Wrong... The only good part was Quicksilver. He's the only reason why people loved the movie.
>>
File: 1458524882769.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1458524882769.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67805161
DELETE THIS
>>
>>67816245
Not really. Young Xavier and Magneto nailed it
>>
>>67814909
I'm not really on one side of the debate or the other here, just reading. But I sincerely doubt you personally know anybody who says such things.
>>
>>67815754
>BvS was a fucking tragedy.

Especially for Batfleck. He was the best actor in this movie (with the possible exception of Jeremy Irons as Alfred), but the script and direction did him absolutely no favors. Affleck deserved to be in a better Batman movie.
>>
>>67815925
Okay what should I call it if the movie makes me laugh more than care for the characters it features?
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.