[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Letter Memia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 18
File: redletterqueers.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
redletterqueers.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>Hey guyz here's le funny skit!
>Let's act like we don't give a shit about the movie and are just wasted, that's cool right!
>We're film students so we're qualified to tell professional filmmakers how to do there jobs!
Why do people like these guys?
>>
Because they're interesting.

>We're film students so we're qualified to tell professional filmmakers how to do there jobs!

They make a point that this is exactly not the case, pretty often even.
>>
Because they're funny and insightful
>>
>>67801031
A single positive review for Star Wars and the entire board turns on them. Fucking fickle faggots
>>
>>67801031
they tell me what films i should go see at a the theatres. Modern-day roeper and ebert
>>
>Hey guyz here's le funny skit!
>Let's act like I'm a crazy man who kills hookers!
>We'll interrupt our criticisms of some Star Wars films only idiots care about with scenes where I pretend to fuck and eat my cat!
Why did people ever like these guys?
>>
>>67801085
>people make "rlm sucks" threads and posts constantly for years
>they make a video about liking tfa
>"oh, you only hate them now because they liked tfa"
>>
>>67801031

I genuinely enjoy their reviews, the skits however are unfunny and tedious but they still need like they need to put them in there for some reason.
>>
>>67801031
Now that's a heavy burtation.
>>
>>67801085

Nobody was more mad that The Force Awakens was good than /tv/irgins.
>>
>>67801183
It's clearly gotten worse since that review. It's one of their most disliked videos on youtube.
>>
File: SonDog.jpg (105 KB, 819x571) Image search: [Google]
SonDog.jpg
105 KB, 819x571
For being free on youtube, these guys are pretty great.

Good bantz and just enough """in""" jokes to tickle repeat viewers.
>>
>>67801149
Some of the points were good, plus Plinkett threw in video clips and generally worked much harder on his videos.
>>
File: DERRR.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
DERRR.png
313 KB, 701x394
THATS RIGHT JAY
>>
>>67801222
>It's clearly gotten worse
No. You tell yourself this so you can dismiss the hate.

Before "you only hate them because you hated tfa" it was "you only hate them because you like the prequels."

Seriously, go fuck yourself.
>>
They're entertaining but Mike's taste is just getting worse and worse. You can sometimes tell when a little piece of Jay dies inside. Rich is good when he's not laughing.
>>
File: 1454989116849.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
1454989116849.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>67801265
>yfw you realized Mike doesn't speak slow just for the Plinkett voice, but is actually retard
>>
File: 12345678.jpg (34 KB, 357x244) Image search: [Google]
12345678.jpg
34 KB, 357x244
Mr Plinkett reviews are great, sublime, and the video inserts during that are great.

But in the Half in the Bag stuff? The review itself is fine, worth watching but the "acting badly on purpose, lol we don't care, that's the joke" skit before and after the review, just. fucking. stop.
>>
>>67801085
I hated TFA and I still enjoy RLM.

I don't understand fuckwits who expect to agree 100% with people. In fact I'd say I disagree with them more often than not, but they way they present their opinion is generally entertaining and that's all I care about
>>
>>67801317
Hahaha it's so funny when he jerks off to the Olsen twins and then cums and the cum shoots like a hose out of his penis and gets all over the tv and he can't stop and the cum makes a hole in the tv and it keeps going and he keeps screaming.

Those Plinkett videos were just top-notch humor.
>>
>watch all the Star Trek Plinkett reviews
Mike's autistic as fuck
>>
File: KILLME.jpg (1 MB, 1656x836) Image search: [Google]
KILLME.jpg
1 MB, 1656x836
>>67801449
>>
>>67801404
The serial killer backdrop provides an unusual perspective to reframe to, and paradigm shifts/changes in understanding are the basis of humor. It's less directly funny and more an unexpected yet still coherent source of jokes that break things up. Also did that actually happen in one of the plinkett reviews?
>>
>>67801085

I hate that they complain about capeshit and sequels and yet they still cum over them.

Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>67801317
>and the video inserts during that are great.
DUDE RAPE LMAO!
>>
>>67801690
I just love stories in my reviews. It's why Linkara is the best reviewer ever! His storylines are just so great, just like Plinkett's storyline.
>>
>>67801690
>Also did that actually happen in one of the plinkett reviews?
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irP1oOHc1wQ

Congratulations on undermining what you have to say by showing you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>i dont get the revenant
>i dont get blade runner
>nolan is a tryhard
no wonder jay is a cuck manlet.
>>
>>67801791
>you're wrong about the overall purpose of the serial killer thing because you missed a gag in one of his non star wars reviews
k
>>
I like RedLetterMedia since they're pretty sane and reasonable.
But Rich Evans can be insufferable sometimes.
Without the editing, people would want his head on a spike.
Remember the BvS review where he kept fucking stuttering like a faggot pig?
It was so fucking grating and without the editing to make fun of it, people would call his shit out.
>>
>>67801896
Your opinion isn't "wrong" but it is uninformed and thus worthless.

You liked something that you don't know a lot (if anything) about. Cool. Thanks for sharing nothing of worth.
>>
>>67801031
Are they really film students? Now that is embarrassing.
>>
>>67802001
>he hasent seen the ultimate kino, Space Cop

plebian
>>
>>67801953
the serial killer thing did serve the purpose i stated in the star wars reviews. the fact that he also used it for little skits doesn't change that
>>
>>67801031
I wouldn't have a problem with this sort of thread if I didn't know it came from a nostalgia critic fanfaggot, completely mentally fucked to the point where he enjoys and defends that piece of shit.
Seriously, how much of a fuckup do you have to be to become so ass-backwards?
>>
>>67801940
He's very hit or miss, mike is becoming that way too.

He was great in the last BotW but is often dull.
>>
>Hey guys, Let's ignore the crippling shortcomings of Batman 5 Superman. Let's instead attack its critics, that works much better as an argument in its favor.
Why are Snyderlards the worst kind of human shit?
>>
>>67801940
I'm pretty sure the stuttering was exaggerated for comedic purposes.
>>
>>67802074
It doesn't, though, and you're entirely wrong. As someone who has actually seen the Plinkett reviews (unlike you), I can confirm that they add nothing of substance to the reviews and actually take away from them. The best stuff has always been the jokes made when actually talking about the movies (you know, the review) and not the serial killer bullshit. Want proof? People have edited the Plinkett reviews to remove the serial killer shit because they thought it was that bad (because it is that bad). Want further proof? The shit people always quote, the shit people like, never comes from the serial killer segments and is always from the actual review stuff.

Again, you're welcome to think that, but considering you don't know what you're actually talking about (as evidenced by you not knowing if the skit that was being discussed was even real) you opinion is worthless to everyone else. You have nothing useful to add to the discussion. It's like if doctors were talking about treating a cancer patient and you walked in and were like "I've never been to college and am not a doctor but here's what I think." Thanks for your nothing.
>>
>>67802151
Rewatch that shit, he did it like ten times, and when he pushed it to an annoying level either Mike or Jay got annoyed in editing and decided to make us suffer through it tenfold.
>>
>>67802129
you sound really insincere. hone your shitposting skills
>>
They've got insights into technical aspects of film making that I wouldn't pick up on since I'm not a film student.

But they also seem to be guys who know what they like and refuse to move beyond it. Which is funny because Mike especially makes fun of other people for doing the same, he often mentions "fat retards" will enjoy a film he thinks is bad, despite him loving bland dross like Episode VII and Jurassic World.

I watch them to get a different take on movies, but I don't trust their opinions.
>>
>>67801031
>Why do people like these guys?

Because they made a funny video about Star Wars years ago.
>>
>>67801031
They're funny, and are pioneers in editing-based humour.

Seriously the reason they're famous isn't really because of their hot opinions, it's because the Plinkett reviews have such good editing gags.

This runs through all their stuff. It's why it's fun to watch RLM be totally wrong about something.

THAT'S RIGHT JAY
>>
>hates rlm
>makes a thread about them
Fuck you
>>
>>67802160
not 'segments' you jackoff. he makes little one off jokes and callbacks during the parts he's discussing the movies that break things up. in that context it just serves as an additional source of jokes
>>
>>67802236
>pioneers in editing-based humour
This is what RLM's 15 year old fanbase actually believes
>>
>>67802239
We're talking about the segments. See the first post in this discussion >>67801149
>We'll interrupt our criticisms of some Star Wars films only idiots care about with scenes where I pretend to fuck and eat my cat!

Clearly talking about segments.
>>
>>67802249
But RLM are pioneers of being third-rate Tim & Eric.
>>
>hate rlm years ago
>"you only hate them because you love the prequels"
>hate rlm today
>"you only hate them because you hate tfa"
But I don't like the prequels and like TFA. RLM is just unfunny.
>>
>>67802302
I like a lot of goofy editing stuff, but RLM beats them all. Stoklasa knows how to time everything to create a lethargic fantasy. Even just deleting a tiny bit of space between words creates an effect.
>>
>>67802363
>I like third-rate Tim & Eric
>>
(stoned voice) I am Red Letter Media.
*looks at the camera*
*doesn't stop looking at the camera*
<cut to black>
>>
I hate the community for RedLetterMedia.
You can't have a film discussion with an RLM fan without them repeating word-for-word what was said on the show
>>
>>67802280
For some reason I thought someone was complaining that the serial killer element was in there at all because they didn't like the skits. I was just trying to convey that the serial killer premise does have a purpose beyond that.
>>
>>67802340
what's something that is funny to you then
>>
Some of their vids are comfy entertainment.

They have shit taste, but I enjoy their videos.

Also anti-SJW, which is refreshing
>>
>>67802475
The fact that people trip over themselves to come up with different reasons as to why I don't enjoy something that isn't funny, and that none of their excuses are even remotely accurate.

That's a situation where I'm laughing at you and not with you, though. Still funny.
>>
>>67802504
>anti-SJW
After making fun of trigger warnings, one of their recent videos includes a real trigger warning.

I don't really care about the social justice stuff, but they are very social justice, even if they joke about it.
>>
>>67802519
Sidestepped outta that one
>>
>>67802563
Sorry for being too clever for you, but it's not exactly a difficult thing to do.
>>
>>67802540
>one of their recent videos includes a real trigger warning
what was it about?
>>
>>67802593
The botw where they do the video where the guy blows up critters. Before showing it, there's a trigger warning about animal violence (even though the animal violence is censored).
>>
>>67802183
>you sound really insincere.
I don't even know what you mean by this. You sound severely retarded.
>>
>>67802160
>the serial killer bits are objectively bad and unfunny because some people don't like them

ok
>>
>>67801703
They only get views by hating shit, especially commercially successful shit. They could do their best movies of the month review but nobody would watch. Not really blaming them for this, its just how it works.
>>
>>67802449
yeah that's what he was complaining about. he then dismissed all the other guy's thoughts on, say, the Star Wars reviews because he missed one gag in an unrelated video.
>>
>>67801031
The fallacies are strong with this one.
>>
>>67802580
*sheaths katana*
>>
File: slicehisthroatslowly.jpg (20 KB, 364x388) Image search: [Google]
slicehisthroatslowly.jpg
20 KB, 364x388
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
>>67802656
>the serial killer bits are objectively good and funny because i like them

ok
>>
>>67802779
Its just movie reviews. Chill the Fuck out autist.
>>
>>67802811
That would make you both wrong wouldn't it.
>>
>>67802862
It would if either of us ever stated something was objectively good or bad. Just pointing out a flaw in the reply.
>>
>>67802845
still unrefuted?
still unrefuted.
>>
>>67802909
Everything you said was exaggerated and opinionated. What's there to refute? You just need to stop blogging here.
>>
>>67801830
J is a horror movie buff, with some interests spanning outside it but not far.
>>
>>67802200
I dunno, I disagree. Mike has often made a visible effort to be objective about films you would think he'd normally hate, liked some even.
>>
>>67802200
Yeah he's pretty biased against Leo and Portman
He did finally admit Leo and Depp did some good performances in Wall Street and Black Mass though.
>>
>people hating on Mike "Gas the Kikes" Stokalska
>people insulting Mike "Nigger-Grave-Digger" Stokalska
>people not enjoying the stylings of Mike "I Just Don't Really Care For Those Mexican Folks" Stokalska

oy vey
>>
>>67803085
are you referring to Mike "The Man in the High" Stoklasa?
>>
>>67803085
>Mike "Better Be Considerate And Give A Trigger Warning" Stokalska
>Mike "I Appreciate How Progressive This New Star Wars Is" Stokalska
>Mike "Not Enough Minorities in Batman vs Superman" Stokalska
>Mike "Let Me Make Fun of People Who Hate the New Ghostbusters Trailer" Stokalska
>>
File: 1416606551939.png (217 KB, 291x424) Image search: [Google]
1416606551939.png
217 KB, 291x424
>it's a mike can't be on BOTW because he's going through alcohol withdrawal episode
>>
File: 1457255359982.webm (1 MB, 1066x600) Image search: [Google]
1457255359982.webm
1 MB, 1066x600
>>67801301
>>
File: 1458137329323.jpg (7 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1458137329323.jpg
7 KB, 246x250
>>67802200
>and Jurassic World.
I always forget he liked that. What a fucking pleb.
>>
File: help.png (48 KB, 241x125) Image search: [Google]
help.png
48 KB, 241x125
>>67801301
>>67803426
is rich evans the paulie in this scene, while mike is tony?
>>
>>67802955
It's pasta you dumb shit.
>>
Anyone know where I can watch the Revenge of The Sith Plinkett review? It's still down for copyright violation and I can't find it anywhere but youtube
>>
>>67802779
is this pasta new? haven't been here in a while
>>
>>67801290
lol being this much of a mad neet parasite to his parents go fuck yourself you fat cuck
>>
>don't watch for a year
>in the one I end up watching there's the implication that Mike liked the latest Jurassic Park movie

dropped immediately forever
>>
>>67803871
it's almost 2-3 years old
>>
>>67804551
He didn't like it, he loved it
>>
Oh boy, Red Letter Media! I wonder what their new video has to say about this movie I hate? I bet they ripped it a new one. Those guys are great! I want to suck Jay's cock.

>they liked movie i didn't like

Those fucking losers! What do they know about movies? Red Letter Media? More like REDDIT Letter MEME-A. Fuck them, I've always hated them and I always will. But I'd still suck Jay's cock.
>>
File: space cop.jpg (69 KB, 708x369) Image search: [Google]
space cop.jpg
69 KB, 708x369
>>67801031
they are plebs with pleb taste just like me
>>
Jerk is a nice AIDSmoby desu. I lick himm.

Is Gay jay?

Who impregbaited Mike "The Pleb Rebler" Stiklazta?

JEWelry LOL

Jay "the Sexx Bludgeon" Bauhnaham LOL

My "review" of "The Other Woman" starring Natalie Portman:

NOT. GOOD.

LOL nobody has successfully refuted this review.
>>
>>67801031
It took you 2 years to come up with this vague critique.

I'm sorry they didn't like what you liked.
>>
>>67805413
ha ha whoever wrote all these must be a giant douche bag
>>
>>67801031
>using le in 2016
were not 12 anymore, its not funny broseph. it makes you sound more retarted then the people you are making fun of
>>
>>67801031
they were right about leo tho

there pretty fair with their opinions tho, and its not like they dont explain themselves.
>>
>posting in a literal shill thread
>>
>roasting in a figurative thrill shed
>>
>toasting in a metaphorical trill bed
>>
>>67805300
jay bauman is part jewish?
>>
>>67806126
don't tell mike
>>
File: 1457348911069.jpg (45 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1457348911069.jpg
45 KB, 432x288
wow this thread might have more asshurt, angry posts than any thread i've read on 4chan in the last couple of years. both sides of the discussion seem mad as fuck for no obvious reason.
of course, i don't usually come on /tv/ so i guess this could just be the norm here
you dont need to use swears and insults to make a point guys
>>
>>67806261
why the fuck not i'll spank your bouncy bubble butt
>>
File: 1374384289428.png (1 MB, 891x695) Image search: [Google]
1374384289428.png
1 MB, 891x695
In which Star Trek review did Harry go over the subject of Picard sitting in the conference room, but no one joining him so he comes out "looking like he was all business"?
>>
File: LSD lyl.jpg (22 KB, 252x286) Image search: [Google]
LSD lyl.jpg
22 KB, 252x286
>>67807392
Generations
>>
File: 1284803371264.jpg (74 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1284803371264.jpg
74 KB, 694x530
>>67807550
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqb9q3c1Pxo&t=6m58s
Thank you based anon
>>
Aren't they doing a plinkett review for tfa? When is it coming???
>>
>>67807851
12 years
>>
File: 58764753.jpg (261 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
58764753.jpg
261 KB, 720x540
>>67801031
They're garbage. They never review real movies just things like capeshit and action bullshit
>>
>watch 200 reviews by some online youtuber
>decide you hate them so much you have to make a /tv/ thread about it
>too stupid to know that after watching one review, you had to watch all 200
>>
>>67801183
>>people make "rlm sucks" threads and posts constantly for years
This is false. /tv/ was in love with RLM pre-Patreon completely. I remember when RLM threads were full of anons NOT hating them. But then someone posted their Patreon link in a thread and /tv/ got a wild, hipster hair up its ass and decided RLM has always been overrated and was never funny.
>>
>>67801031
I don't mind their content. What I do mind is their
>Let's act like we don't give a shit about the movie and are just wasted, that's cool right!
thing.
I don't like when people do this, it's become some kind of a fad on Youtube. Sometimes they like to jumble around their words around, and pretend like they don't care about what they are saying.
It's almost like they are pretending to be drunk or something and it's not very convincing.
>>
Is there a better Youtube show than RLM? I think not.
>>
>>67801703

They give Hollywood trends some flack but concede that good movies come from them, I don't see how it's hypocritical.
>>
>>67801830

Sounds like the average fa/tv/irgin desu
>>
>>67808034
this is like being the best zack snyder movie
>>
>>67802646

Content warnings have always been a thing, especially on tv.
>>
>>67801031
Pretty great production value for YT.
Also everyone on /tv/ is a faggot that wants to give Jay a rimjob, share a beer with Mike, and laugh at Rich Evans physical appearance.
>>
How long until RLM bring on Latza to revive interest?
>>
>>67807963
People generally don't appreciate being spammed with Patreon links, especially when one of their core members is an actual viral marketer who may be the one doing it. People also don't appreciate companies that don't improve or accelerate their shows after raking in $10,000 a month in e-welfare from said Patreon.

Shock. Horror.
>>
>>67808897
>People generally don't appreciate being spammed with Patreon links
And how often does RLM mention that they have a Patreon? They've literally made one video announcing that they have one back when they first started it and haven't brought it up since.
>>
I think its hilarious that Mike is too much of a baby to critique Max Landis films anymore and Jay has to shoulder the burden of hating that them.
>>
>>67801085
They have had one good video in their whole career. It's the boyhood film.
>>
>>67802340
>hate something for years
>still post in threads about it
>>
>>67809548
Max is their friend now, part of the extended RLM family.
>>
>>67811141
>tfw you will never be RLM's friend
>>
>>67801031
Ah, the old "you can't criticise Thing unless you also do Thing" argument. Never gets old.
>>
File: 1385592253328.jpg (24 KB, 516x384) Image search: [Google]
1385592253328.jpg
24 KB, 516x384
>there
>>
>>67801703
There is nothing hypocritical about bemoaning the prevalence of a Hollywood trend but still enjoying certain individual films that are part of that trend. It really isn't a complicated nuance to grasp.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.