[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the bar has been set on capeshit excellence in terms of execution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: aaa.jpg (29 KB, 624x300) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
29 KB, 624x300
the bar has been set on capeshit excellence in terms of execution and adherence to canon.

will capeshit ever be this good again?

highly doubtful.
>>
>>67800749
One of my favorite movies, the only capeshit I really like. Plebs must not apply.
>>
>>67800749
Truly capekino
>>
its based on a one off novel

how would it compare to fucking century long franchises of comics that these capeshit movies try to follow
>>
Deconstruction of the cape-kino genre
>>
Except not because the form is an essential part of Watchmen. There are details and symmetries that can't be conveyed in film the way they can through comics.
>>
File: 1457655119971.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1457655119971.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>67800749
>adherence to canon.
I have a feeling that Alan Moore would buttfuck you through your mouth for saying this
>>
>>67801272
>>67801247

No it's still Capeshit.

fuck off to /CO/
>>
>>67800749

looks like some $500 home made shit
just look at those stupud costumes lol

one is a literal batman copy
>>
File: B5BSVqH.png (581 KB, 599x825) Image search: [Google]
B5BSVqH.png
581 KB, 599x825
>>67801375
I didn't say it wasn't, I just said I really liked it. Don't worry, I won't call you names because you didn't. Don't be so angry, man.
>>
80% of it is a rote recreation of a great graphic novel so of course it's decent, but basically every contribution Snyder made to the material detracts from it. most of all his shitty stylistic choices that are completely at odds with the tone and point of the book

its the best Snyder movie, but it's also the one I most wish didn't exist at all
>>
>>67800749
>calling watchmen capeshit
Confirmed troll. Watchmen is capekino.
>>
>>67800749
You do realize the same person who made the debacle that is BvS made this. And they both suck.
>>
>>67801247
>>67800749
>>67801272
>I want a regular ass detective drama movie but with stupid ass superpowers and cringe costumes
Face it, you have pleb taste, can't enjoy a mature story driven movie without pasting superheros into the plot.
>>
>>67801378
>a batman copy

What about the comedienne? What are comics known for? Telling jokes.

Who else is known for telling jokes? Jokesters.

Get an original idea for once alan jesus cheist.
>>
>>67801535
>calling ANYTHING capekino

Confirmed child. Watchmen was passable, but light years away from the intellectual depth of the original comic.
>>
>>67801732
Why is everybody here so belligerent? Nobody said that. Claiming that Watchmen is superior to other movies of the genre is not that crazy of a statement, considering all the shit that's been released recently. With this I'm not saying that Watchmen is a great movie, but damn it's fun and way better than any other superhero movie I've seen. THIS IS MY OPINION, so don't get angry over it. I'm talking about the 3.5hr version though.
>>
>>67800749
>Excellence
>power rangers costumes
>a script that sorely misses the point of the original story
>wire-fu
What's with all the snyderfag threads you're posting? Did something trigger you further? Was it the fact that it historically dropped in audiences for its second weekend?
It's not the world that's wrong about this horrible hack and his laughable track history, psycho boy. It's just you.
>>
There will nae be capeshit of such quality be-cause there are few comics as good as it.

You cannot turn sand into gold, sweet anon.
>>
>>67800749
Considering Watchmen is a piece of shit

That bar is set really low
>>
>>67801515
The ending was unarguably a massive improvement.
>>
>>67803960

Fuck off faggot I dont have the time of the effort to listen to your half ass bait bullshit just keep ur shithouse opinions to yourself for once you deaf dumb fucking autist piece of shit FUCK
>>
>>67804193
>Fuck off faggot I dont have the time of the effort to listen to your half ass bait bullshit just keep ur shithouse opinions to yourself for once you deaf dumb fucking autist piece of shit FUCK
What an excellent retort
>>
It's proto-capekino. It's cynical and indulges in violence, like an edgy teen that eventually becomes the mature adult artform that is true capekino (Man Of Steel, BvS). Watchmen tears down, whereas true capekino rebuilds.
>>
>>67803960
I know you've heard every argument for why you're wrong a hundred times, yet you're only argument is "It's not as dumb."

It's okay, no one really cares that you're wrong anymore.
>>
>>67804560

>All powerful being hiding away on Mars keeping watch over Earth. Step out of line again and he'll nuke the entire planet.

>Random alien shows up in New York. Stop nuclear holocaust incase more show up.

Hmm.
>>
>>67804193
>>67804560
>He wants the squid
>>
>Rorschy is a manlet

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>67800749
The motion comics on YouTube are better than the movie, but it's a secret, don't watch them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.