[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the excuse for shitty camrips in the age of 1080p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 2048x1536
What's the excuse for shitty camrips in the age of 1080p HD 8 Megapixel iPhone 6's and other assorted Hi-Def cameras? Why do all camrips seemingly look like they are filmed with 2004 Motorola Razors?
>>
>>67799606
haven't seen a cam in almost a decade.

are they low res yet?

what kind of loser watch that shit anyway?
>>
recording a screen is different than recording real life, faggot
>>
>>67799715
No it isn't, record your TV with an iPhone 6 and the quality is marginally reduced
>>
>>67799606

This is like taking a photograph of a vangogh painting, you miss the most important bit of visual information, you don't get to see the depth of the brush strokes.

You are filming projected light onto a screen here. You are technically doing a copy from a copy of the original source.
You mistake the specs of the camera with the optics at play here. You could get a 8K camera, you'd still end up with a shit quality picture.
>>
>>67799606
Most of those camrips come from third world countries with shittier equipment. Even when they don't, you'd have to hide whatever device you're using so as not to get kicked out of the theater or have your camera taken.
And even when they manage to get the framing right, they're too stupid to turn the auto tracking off.
It's your own damn fault for downloading camrips, though.
>>
There's some 720p cams being released, I haven't downloaded any though.
>>
>>67799800
A tv screen isn't a theatre screen. TV emits light, theatres screens project light reflected into the screen. One is a direct light emission while the other is a light reflection.
>>
>>67799924
I recently downloaded by mistake a mislabeled 1080p cam or telesync from Kung Fu Panda. i looked kinda shitty, but many people probably wouldn't even notice there's something wrong, besides the chinese subtitles.

given how much camera technology and miniaturization advanced in the last 5 years, and PCs able to correct video had became commonplace, you'd expect something MUCH BETTER than OP's blurry mess from BvS
>>
>>67800368
Yeah but there's also the audio issue. Unless you're ripping it from one of those earphone plugs for hard of hearing some theaters have, you're getting all the revberb from the room and the feedback from the audience. That's why camrips are horrible in every way.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 251x116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 251x116
>camrips
>>
>>67799606

Because some people want to be the first to see a movie without actually going to a theater
>>
>>67800573
Remind me of Lynch talking about seeing a movie on an iphone. You miss so much detail that you're not really watching the original movie.
>>
>>67799800
>marginally
lol. also the audio is absolute garbage. Literally no excuse to watching cam rip unless you're a 3rd worder
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.