[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about the police subplot in Terminator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: bcopnew.jpg (29 KB, 490x402) Image search: [Google]
bcopnew.jpg
29 KB, 490x402
What do you guys think about the police subplot in Terminator 1?

Was it a waste of time like most police subplots in Sci-fi and Horror, or do you think Cameron made it work?
>>
i really enjoyed that entire part of the movie. hell ti's the best part. something about a single terminator skullfucking an entire police department really drove home how deep in shit sarah and reese were.
>>
i don't remember the police subplot in terminator 1. what does that tell you.
>>
It was important to show how powerful and ruthless the Machines are.
>>
the two lead cops were charismatic enough that I enjoyed them. Dr. Silberman has a pretty huge role in Terminator 2 and acts as good connecting tissue between the first two movies.

It's a shame that the scene where black cop admits Reese was right and tells him to protect Sarah at all costs was cut. i understand that it kind of ruined the pacing of the exciting escape from the police station, but it robs that character of a conclusion to his story.
>>
>>67799292
I guess it means that Terminator has been forgotten much like Avatar, anon ;)
>>
>>67799292
>not remembering the best fucking scene in terminator
>>
For some reason, I always laugh when he says that he knows Tech Noir is "off of Pico"
>>
>>67799346
we're not talking about the Tech Noir scene, though.
>>
File: 1459399960885.png (293 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459399960885.png
293 KB, 640x360
>>67799232
OP I don't think you know what a subplot is

fucking faggit made me reply
>>
File: original.jpg (21 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
21 KB, 480x272
>Sarah: What about when he punched through the windshield?
>Hal Vukovich: He was probably on PCP. Broke every bone in his hand and wouldn't feel it for hours. There was this guy once... See this scar?
>Ed Traxler: Here.
>Hal Vukovich: Thank you.

tfw hal was a sperg. shit was laff
>>
File: 1334419594724.gif (2 MB, 288x197) Image search: [Google]
1334419594724.gif
2 MB, 288x197
>>67799346
>>67799339
i haven't seen it since release btw lol so that's probably my old
>>
>>67799281
>>67799309

Wiping out the police does more than establish that the lone Terminator is a threat. It foreshadows Skynet obliterating all world governments, armies, and police forces. Sarah and Reese are the first of an entire generation of people who will be forced to hide at night while the machines wipe out everything that provides a sense of security.

Terminator does a pretty good job of showing how all hell is going to break loose, and I like how we see nothing of John Connor yet we understand what a difference he will make.
>>
File: Terminator-Police-Station.jpg (74 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
Terminator-Police-Station.jpg
74 KB, 1280x696
>>67799232
kind of, yeah.

Dude came through and cleaned house.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.