[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: fz-tdk.jpg (844 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
fz-tdk.jpg
844 KB, 1280x1440
How do you feel about Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy?
>>
>>67796317
Well it's certainly the best Batman to hit the big screen since the 89' Burton version. But it certainly had its share of flaws and suffered in its sequels from the same problems that the Burton movies did in that Batman seemed wholly uninteresting compared to his villains.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (29 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
29 KB, 525x481
>>67796317
>>
i liked the soundtrack
>>
Honestly? It's aged like yogurt. Begins is the only one that's remotely watchable anymore.
>>
1 was okay, 2 was good, 3 was shit

BvS is better desu senpai
>>
None of them really make much sense (similar to all Christopher Nolan movies) but they were fun and enjoyable to watch.
>>
File: CentralIntelligenceAgency.png (643 KB, 566x802) Image search: [Google]
CentralIntelligenceAgency.png
643 KB, 566x802
I really liked Batman Begins. I felt that while it didn't really capture Bruce Wayne as a cold, calculating intellect/detective, it served as a fantastic launchpad for a darker, grittier version of Batman.

The Dark Knight was also good, but in a different way. I thought it made a great crime movie, but a terrible batman movie. It turned Batman from a genius detective and martial artist to a wealthy retard in a batsuit that ran into rooms and punched people, somehow managing to not be shot. The Joker was entertaining. Overall I think it was an enjoyable movie but it felt like Babby's first thematically deeper movie than typical superhero flare.

TDKR was a meme factory. It felt rushed, only made to respond to the wild success of The Dark Knight, and because it felt like they were trying to pump it out quickly, it fell apart.
>>
>>67796557
Other than the action sequences I completely agree. Why did they get rid of the grimey and sleezy Gotham look, the cool blue filter just made the later films seem so clean and made it feel like it took place in a real city instead of Gotham. Like if Batman were in the real life NY or Chicago no one would root for him, he'd come off as a crazy man to everyone. I'm willing to accept the craziness because he usually lives in a crazy world so it seems like a natural response.
>>
>>67796700
I think the idea was to show that Batman's impact on the city was being portrayed by the city looking progressively cleaner since his appearance and he had made it a better, safer place
>>
>>67796681
I adored TDKR because of how fun it was. Absolute shit movie, shit batman, shit villains, but the movie was a lot of fun. Tom Hardy was doing a Jeremy Irons in Dungeons and Dragons thing of just going completely over the top in a ridiculous movie and his performance is easily the most enjoyable as a result.
>>
oh i remember that. it was so wierd. why fight in an exact replica of the bat hideout.
>>
>>67796743
But that's half the conflict with Batman of whether or not he is actually of any service or just makes the problem worse. I guess I could understand that angle but for Batman it's a never ending crusade and he knows it which is also another dumb character move for him to stop being Batman after Rachel dies. If anything it would make him Batman even harder, cops or no cops on his tail.
>>
>>67796819
I agree. All memes aside, Bane is great, even with his stupid voice. He was such an enjoyable villain I was annoyed to learn at the end that he was just a glorified mook.

All the Nolanverse villains were great, actually. They often deviated from their comic book counterparts, but unlike with certain other movies I didn't mind because the end result was well-acted and entertaining.
>>
>>67796945
The only villain portrayal I didn't really like was Talia. Everyone else I thought was terrific though with Catwoman being so so.
>>
>>67796871
The finale of Fate/Zero was a little nonsensical. I wasn't even sure where that was supposed to take place in terms of its general surroundings. Was it the parking structure of the civics center?
>>
>>67797023
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Act_16_Part_3
>>
>>67796990
Yeah, Talia was awful, she's the exception.

Catwoman's not really a villain, I don't count her.
>>
>>67796317
BB: 7.5/10
TDK: 10/10
TDKR: plane scene/10
>>
>>67797492
She rides the line in the comics much more so than Batman and same with the Burton film, she was obviously a hero for most of TDKR but I just thought I'd mention it.
>>
>>67796317
For personal enjoyment: Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises
Quality: The Dark Knight >>>>>>>>>> The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Begins
>>
>>67796317
Not bad but not master pieces. The best thing about all three was the joker. He carried TDK. Also too when you watch it at home why do you always have to adjust the fucking sound?
>>
>>67796317

liked the first one
hated the second
never watched the other
>>
>>67796317
Probably the worst batman adaptation tbqhwyf. Yeah I guess they're good movies but there not very batmany. Batman Begins was probably the best one and that's with an 8/10
>>
>>67796317
1st was good
2nd was joker the movie dot jay peg
3rd is memecore
>>
>>67797708
Because you have a shit sound system senpai
>>
>>67797935
Even with surrond sound and when ww had it playing on the t.v at my old job it was still sgit sound
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.