[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love everything about this. Why is it so based?https://you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: vader anakin rebels.png (320 KB, 715x402) Image search: [Google]
vader anakin rebels.png
320 KB, 715x402
I love everything about this. Why is it so based?https://youtu.be/pOhJq1Zh5Zo
>>
I heard this show was trash but this was pretty cool
>>
>>67795931
Because its not directed by JJ Abrams
>>
>I don't fear you
>The you will die braver than most.
>>
>>67796968
>I heard this show was trash but this was pretty cool
It's had its (rare) moments, and it's certainly gotten better since it started.

I'd call it tolerable most of the time. It's something my son and I can both enjoy, so it gets play just for that.
>>
>orange fag even gets one hit on Vader, one of the end all, be all baddies of old.

Retarded. This new SW universe is gay. They're just retconning Vader to be weaker and weaker.
>>
File: 1458011391204.jpg (62 KB, 447x686) Image search: [Google]
1458011391204.jpg
62 KB, 447x686
Fuck, that ending hit me hard for some reason.
>>
>>67797768
> orange fag
If anyone could land a hit on Vader, it'd be his ex-apprentice.
>>
>>67797413
>my son
nice try
>>
>>67797908

The only one who should ever land a hit on Vader ever is his own son, Luke, the next Skywalker Jedi to run things.
>>
>>67797850
she ded right? fitting end if so. doesnt devalue vader, and doesn't make her some weird mary sue.
>>
>>67795931
>I will not leave you!
>Not this time.

chills. that first line filled with regret contrasting with the second line that's filled with conviction.
>>
Never watched it but this sended chivers down my spine.
Is it good or it's one of those cartoons with extremely good ideas and very nice executions but are still not worth watching? (Like Adventure Time and shit)
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (8 KB, 262x244) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
8 KB, 262x244
Helicopter lightsabers are canon

Thanks Disney
>>
is star wars dank again ????
>>
>>67798308
The latter. If you want a Star Wars TV show in this style that is good, try the Clone Wars past season 1.

>The Vietnam Clone Wars episode.
>>
>>67795931
Man I want to like this show but I can't get over the tiny pencil dick lightsabers
>>
>>67798477
I like it ,more like in ANH.
>>
Vader never fought with 2 hands

He only fights 1 handed

Shit/10
>>
>>67795931
the lightsaber duels in these cartoons fucking suck for some weird reason. i don't know what it is about them that i hate so much but i don't get any enjoyment out of watching them. i've seen fan made lightsaber duel videos on youtube that are better.
>>
>>67798409
which episode was this?
>>
>>67799031
The assault on Umbra or something. The one where Clones were accidentally shooting each other and the Jedi commander was trying to get them killed. It had so many Vietnam undertones that "It ain't me" was playing in the distance.
>>
>>67797263
that line struck out to me as well. Has no business in a kids show and should be examples for the retards making the films.
>>
>>67799084
Darkness on Umbara, that was the name of the arc.
>that part where that one clone is going to have those men fucking executed because he refuses to disobey an order and everybody is freaking their shit
>>
File: ahsoka-clone-wars-finale-jpg.jpg (264 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka-clone-wars-finale-jpg.jpg
264 KB, 1920x818
>>67798477
>>67799006
This. The lightsabers look terrible and overall the art style is really off putting. I miss the way The Clone Wars looked.
>>
>>67799344
That entire arc is great.

Most of the arcs focusing on just the clones are great.
>That one episode with a Clone traitor who basically led an entire separatist fleet to his brothers.
>>
>>67799409
Clone Wars was absurdly expensive. Lucas paid for it all out of pocket, though, so the team had money to burn.
>>
>>67799464
Surely if there's one company that can afford top notch animation it's Disney.
>>
So this takes place on Malachor V?

Does this mean KOTOR II is canon?
>>
>>67799570
No, it just means The New Canon version of Malachor V is canon.
>>
>>67799546
Yes, but Disney, as /tv/ loves to remind us, is run by Jews. You really think they'll spring for high-level animation when something more basic can make them just as much money?
>>
>>67799409
Lucas paid for all that.Episodes literally cost millions. The clone wars was basically his apology for the prequels.
>>
>>67798477

They'e based on the McQuarrie concept art like everything else in the show. I love them, they're more elegant and they look sharper, deadlier. Instead of big glowing baseball bats.

They're like rapiers.
>>
>>67799570
>Malachor V
It takes place on Malachor.
>>
>>67798087
ahsoka is dead as an idea, her character is alive though. probably gonna be a sith in season 4
>>
Ahhh, the traditional EU habit of ritually humiliating vader is still alive and well.

Shouldnt he be suffocating to death with his self contained suit atomosphere broken?

Oh who fucking cares any more
>>
>characters dying in the universe have no meaning now since you can now easily revive them later on if this suits your fan base.
Trashed
>>
>>67799717
Don't worry, Rogue One will have all the Vader jerking you'll ever need.
>>
>>67799769
>>characters dying in the universe have no meaning now since you can now easily revive them later on if this suits your fan base.
What character are you complaining about?
Maul's been back for years, your complaining period is over.
>>
>>67799850
>my complaining period is over
>>
>>67799850
What's even worse is that they confirmed him in the "new" cannon, even though technically, clone wars was old cannon. What's worse than that is that he's still alive. Pointing out retardation isn't complaining anyway, it's just pointing out retardation.
>>
>>67799419
>Most of the arcs focusing on just the clones are great.
all that great characterization and differentiation between the clones
watch the credits roll
there's only one name
dee bradley baker
>>
>>67800169
>What's even worse is that they confirmed him in the "new" cannon, even though technically, clone wars was old cannon.
The hell are you on about?
Clone wars is still canon.
>>
>>67797413
*my wife's son
>>
>>67800199
Yes, it's cannon (part of the new cannon), I know. But the new cannon could have killed him off if they wanted to, in some way, not kept him alive. I'm saying that it was stupid to revive him and to also keep him going.

It's a subtle point, a thought too big for little minds to comprehend.
>>
>>67800199
What would have been smarter is if they nullified some aspects of Clone Wars by maybe saying that Maul was a ghost or hologram or some shit. Create a new element to explain away the revival. Hell, Clone Wars already played with it-is-not-how-it-seems reality force games anyway, hallucinations, etc. I forget the details, but Darth Sidious created a dream reality for yoda. I'm saying that The Rebels could have nullified Mauls revival in some interesting way in order to keep the coherence of death alive in the SW universe. But no. They kept him going. I just wanted to clarify.
>>
>>67799006
I agree, even though I really enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels is growing on me, the lightsabers always did bug me.

The only thing I noticed as an explanation is that they do these weird pauses between movements sometimes. Like swing, pause, jump, pause, parry, pause, swing, etc. It's not fluid and continuous like in the movies or like you would expect, and it makes it feel like it lacks momentum.

It was really bad in the first seasons of CW

https://youtu.be/2tddAJyQSqk
>>
it's a shame the video cut out the real ending of the episode. the music was great.
>>
>>67795931
wow this was literally better than anything in TFA
>>
>>67799787

the good guys, ie the lone white girl ace pilot survivor, will still need to match vader 1 on 1 at the very least in the end. that's pretty humiliating by itself.
>>
That kid is annoying.
>>
File: XehtsE2.png (154 KB, 252x353) Image search: [Google]
XehtsE2.png
154 KB, 252x353
You guys don't get it, Vader was emotionally weakened and took a bolt from Chewie's crossbow, that's why Ashoka could get a hit on him
>>
>>67795931
>Revenge is not the Jedi way
>I am no Jedi...
Fucks given: 0
>>
>>67800996

>low budget CG looks weird and bad

shocking
>>
>>67799717
Read Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, and Lost Stars

They all prop Vader up pretty hard, this is like one of the few times in the new canon that he hasn't been in total control
>>
>>67795931
So what, vader exploded?
>>
>>67798996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk
>>
>>67802668
No, he walks out of it like a badass after that
>>
>>67801648
this holy shit
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.