[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is this dude's problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: ZACKARYTHEHACKARY.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
ZACKARYTHEHACKARY.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
What the hell is this dude's problem?
>>
>>67794233
He's a Manlet
>>
File: capekino.jpg (277 KB, 666x661) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
277 KB, 666x661
>>67794233
Plebs can't grasp his capekino.
>>
>>67794233

He doesn't understand why people are upset that he changed the fundamental characteristics of the characters he's adapting and why everyone is upset.

He also can't describe anything without using the word "awesome."
>>
>>67794306
>muh """"""""""""""symbolism""""""""""""""

fucking white people
>>
>>67794365

and why everyone is upset
>>
>>67794378
well
well
a hothead over here
>>
>>67794365
So "not muh" from casuals and autists

Got it
>>
Fuck off, OP. He has more money, power, and influence than everyone in this thread combined. He could buy the whole imageboard on a whim, just to silence faggots like you. But he won't, because he's too busy enjoying his success.
>>
He's an objectivist
>>
File: ZackTheAutist.png (45 KB, 1199x613) Image search: [Google]
ZackTheAutist.png
45 KB, 1199x613
>>
>>67794306
Why is it so trashy when this hack does it? Is it because his cinematic understanding is lower than Paul Feig?
>>
>>67794614
He is the Adam Sandler of directors.
>>
>>67794233
Nothing. He's a turboautist and I can understand turboautists.
>>
>>67794365
>He doesn't understand why people are upset that he changed the fundamental characteristics of the characters he's adapting and why everyone is upset.

tfw comic book fans are so autistic and stupid that they can't wrap their minds on the fact that this Superman is going to have the slow transformation into the Superman they love from the canon.
>>
>>67796286
Why do we need multiple movies for Superman to become Superman when every fucking other superhero can do it in less than one?
>>
>>67794233
manlet, edgy and a superficial director. he's basically a try hard version of Michael Bay.
>>
>>67796318
Why does Superman need to be the same in every live action movie just with a new actor? That's boring.
>>
>>67796318
The S stands for Shut the fuck up.
>>
His vision is too uplifting and sincere for these cynical times.
>>
>>67794614
Because its forced.

I remember watching Man of Steel in theatres and seeing Superman fall out of the ship in that christ pose, and I was blown away. I genuinely thought it must have gone over Snyder's head because I didn't think anyone would try to force something that hard.
>>
File: 1398805944956.webm (3 MB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
1398805944956.webm
3 MB, 1280x688
>>67794306
fucking disgusting
at least malick understands the art of subtly
>>
>>67796399
Because that's Superman's character. That's who he is as a fictional entity. If you don't like it maybe you should watch a movie about some other fictional person.
>>
>>67796552
I'd much rather see a new take on a character than a rehash. Especially when this is movie 2 of 8? 12? 20? in a new live action universe.
>>
>>67796286
Exactly.
Snyder is aware that he's dealing with one of the most iconic characters in popular mythos, he respects Superman immensely. And accordingly he strives to elevate the medium in order for it to fill Superman's shoes.

Meanwhile, entitled manchildren fail to grasp his work emotionally and intellectually, and incessantly complain about petty shit because they arrogantly believe they have the last word on how these characters should and would act, not realizing Superman belongs to no one and everyone.
Don't worry, you fucking fat fucks. Snyder's so aware of this that BvS practically took a magnificent artistic shit on you fanboys and you didn't even notice. And he knew that you weren't going to notice. The whole film criticizes this way of thinking. Most of the complaints from fanboys were actually deliberate artistic choices fully aware of the consequences. For example Joker Lex, or the JL teaser spliced right in the climax, when after all everyone just paid to watch Batman and Superman fight (for all they care they could fastforward everything else).
Snyder provides an alternative to mindless entertainment, escapism, and power fantasies. He uses Superman as the vehicle to inspire a cynical generation.
People haven't noticed that their reaction to BvS was exactly how Snyder predicted they were going to react. He understands modern society and its decay so well, that he knew he was going to get crucified by glorified bloggers and "nerds".

Just face it, you're out of your league, and you've been exposed as lacking basic film and film analysis understanding, not to mention the emotional maturity of a brick.
>>
(You) are taking your comic book too seriously
>>
>>67796816
Yeah, I think he just made a bad movie and you're struggling to justify it. Occam's Razor.
>>
>>67794233
Autism
>>
>>67796593
Well I don't like this new take on the character, so I'm not going to spend money on it. New takes need to actually be entertaining.
>>
He's a child pretending to be an artist
>>
>>67796816
That's a lengthly circumnavigation to avoid saying the movie is pretty shit. The dumbest part of that argument is "you are just out of your league"...

kek if you think this movie is too deep or complex to get.
>>
>>67794233
>dude what is this guy's problem? why couldn't he make batman and superman quirky quipfests with deep introspective themes and a glossy mechanical visual style like my favorite superhero movies Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers: Age of Ultron?

what did OP mean by this?
>>
>>67796816
Why is it that Marvel cucks ever feel the need to justify their shitty movies with 500 word essays?
>>
>>67797366
But only you said that, low cinema IQ buff
>>
>>67797384
>he doesnt like btfo v supermancuck so hes a marvel autist.
Dcucks triggered
>>
>>67797415
I didn't say that. I was quoting OP. Can't you see the green text?
>>
Why are his fans so scared of posting their taste in film? Are they afraid everyone will now how entry level they are?
>>
>>67794365
How has he changed?

As far as I can see he's just not a fully developed superman, but is slowly becoming the man we all know and love.

That said, he hasn't fundamentally changed.
It's great to see a character grow in a capeshit franchise.
>>
>>67797366
Wew laddo i understand you're triggered but stop projecting all over your screen
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 KB, 478x29) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 KB, 478x29
>>67797494
But only you said that, low cinema IQ buff
>>
>>67797504
>triggered

I think you might be projecting there, friend. I think my post may have went above your head.
>>
>>67797497
>making batman that paranoid and very much about nuclear deterrent
No not changed at all.
>>
>>67797599
I don't get it friendo who are you memeing?

Also checked
>>
>>67797384
You couldn't write 500 words about a marvel film if you tried. There's nothing more to them than surface level entertainment. That's not necessarily a bad thing if that's what you are after, but that's the nature of those kind of movies.
>>
>>67797604
Right, because characters never go through rough patches.

This isn't even the first time we've had an older bitter or paranoid batman, just the first time in film.

That said, I don't get why people bitch about a different take on a character. Why don't we just go back to the fucking Adam west batman because fuck new takes right?
>>
>>67796498
Don't you ever mention based Malick's name in a Snyder thread again.
>>
>>67797795
>lets take away why we liked a character because muh grimdark le gritty 3deep5me.
How can we expierence a characters rough patch when hes been in one fucking movie?
>>
>>67797795
Because we like the old character better. The new one sucks.
>>
File: 3164767.png (346 KB, 591x532) Image search: [Google]
3164767.png
346 KB, 591x532
>>67797933

>How can we expierence a characters rough patch when hes been in one fucking movie?

Marvel's movies is making people dumber. God...
>>
>>67794614
It's because he doesn't u sweat and the medium. Just because you show shit that's similar to what's on screen doesn't mean it's deep and worth people writing 20 paged essays on.
Zack has no idea about camera logic, tone and pace.
>>
>>67796816
>Snyder's so aware of this that BvS practically took a magnificent artistic shit on you fanboys and you didn't even notice. And he knew that you weren't going to notice. The whole film criticizes this way of thinking.

that's really the best part of this backlash. they're proving him right after the fact.
>>
>>67798027
*understand
>>
>>67797830
b-but you just did it
>>
>>67797054
>>67797317

all you can must is "the movie is bad"

that's what i call getting btfo
>>
>>67796286
It's been two movies and there's been no growth of character. All he is is a dickhead who thinks about pussy and feels obliged to save people. It's the most contrived bullshit thing for the character.
So don't say he's going to be reborn into the proper superman next because I doubt it.
>>
>>67798000
>if i call him a marvel fan it shows i am better with a bigger penis.
Nolan verse isnt part of snyders world and therefore were watching batman for the first time.... Again.
How retarded are you?
Snyder is tanking the dc verse with nolan. Seriously they are one trick ponies with capeshit movies.
>>
>>67798047
>>67796816
The same fagging is to real
>>
>>67796816
Nah. Calling a shitbird for being a shitbird.
Movie is awful. First act was not bad but dumb. Then after it ends, after like 80 minutes, it turns into loud dumb for the rest of the movie.
It might also be a key thing not to ruin a tone/feel, but injecting some abrasive, angry scene into your mournful ending.
>>
>>67798141

BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED A FUCKTON OF MOVIES TO SEE A OLD CHARACTER BE JADED.

That's like saying that Taken didn't made any sense because we never got to see the origin story of Lian's character and see how he got his abilities and divorced his wife.
>>
File: weebshit.jpg (66 KB, 396x540) Image search: [Google]
weebshit.jpg
66 KB, 396x540
>>67798183

good try weeb shit
>>
I hope you /co/v/edditors put this much effort into shitting on Civil War on /co/ and not /tv/
>>
>>67798183

also it's "too real" you amazing retard
>>
>>67798278
/cape/ is coming
or else he will pay(not chinese moot. the black one)
>>
File: Surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg (27 KB, 380x302) Image search: [Google]
Surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg
27 KB, 380x302
>>67798216
Holy fuck moving goal post trolling. It's taken its a suspense movie. You are taking a well established character and randomly make him frankly unwatchable. The seriousness of your shilling is astounding
>>
>>67798281
/tv/ autism strikes again
>>
>>67796816

I think he's also commenting on the reverence that comic book fans have for these characters. It's similar to how people behave when religious figures are represented in a "non traditional" way in various media. Comic book characters really have taken on the role that mythic gods once played in being the arbiters of morality.
>>
>>67796816
we're memeing too hard guys
>>
>>67798343

This is what you posted:

>How can we expierence a characters rough patch when hes been in one fucking movie?

Don't you see how idiotice that is?
What's stopping you from experiencing Batman's rough patch in the movie when the movie gives hints of his back-story and the character spells out all his feelings?

That's why i mentioned Taken.
>>
>>67798421

exactly, the fucking character of batman has been established enough to do a story of his "rough patch."

hell, people were even complaining about them retelling the story of his parents death. people will complain about every damn thing.
>>
>>67794378
Mcfucking kill yourself nigger
>>
>>67798183
he's right though. one of the minor themes is literally a fuck you to manchildren who go muh comics muh superman
>>
Snyder thinks he can write/produce.

He can't.

He is a visual director. He IS good at that. But he needs someone else writing his shit or all his pretty pictures come out like ass.
>>
>>67798508

and i think it goes deeper than that. he's commenting on the obsessive nature of comic book fans and the religious like zealotry they display when "defending" the "essence" of these figures.
>>
File: 1446097610956.png (134 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1446097610956.png
134 KB, 600x601
>>67798343
>>
>>67798421
If thats the case why are we focusing on superman? Why didnt we just go into a justice league movie?
They ham fisted batman into the movie to try to shove a justice league movie and batlick wasnt that good in it.
It was a bad movie and you delude yourself with how "artistic " it is to justofy the laziness of this movie
>>
>>67794378
in this case it would be "plebbolism" for actual art see >>67796498
>>
>>67798575

>why focus on superman?
>why focus on batman?
>batman was rushed
>lets go directly to the justice league
>movie was bad and lazy

senpai i don't even know where to start
>>
>>67798556
>>67798508
Holy shit
>it wasn't bad it was just an artistic protest to say fuck you to comic fans.
>trying to put lipstick on a pig this hard.
>>
>>67798556
well yes, it can have more than one meaning. i MoS he both honors and critiques the Superman we know. I think he is without a doubt commenting on fandom in this film. It's ironic that this film is hated for not muh superman, not muh batman when that was the fucking point.
>>
>>67798640

top shelf argument there, bud
>>
>>67798508
Okay, but you're still failing to answer the question of why I, a Superman fan, should bother to see this movie.

I see plenty of cinema with studies of the human condition. If I'm going to a Superman movie I don't want that. I want a Superman movie that's true to his character in the comics.

If it's not going to give me that, why should I go see this movie with all the ridiculous trappings of a comic book movie but none of what I actually enjoy? Fuck that, I'll just watch "Knight Of Cups" again.
>>
>>67798640
>i have no argument:the post
>>
>>67798623
>if i green text i can deflect the argument.
Why go through the trouble of establishing already well known characters and jump into it with a justice league?
>>
>>67798672
because you will. solely because Superman is in it
>>
>>67798640

You do know the first one is a genuine pleb right? and not in the meme sense

Like a real fucking plebeian without an ounce of taste or cinema juice
>>
>>67798659
Nice resppnse fampai
>>
>>67798672

don't see it then. i don't fucking care.

finger yourself to Malick. Nobody is trying to stop you.
>>
>>67798716

tell me why i'm wrong then
>>
>>67798699
Nah, I'm not that dumb. I'll wait for the camrip if I'm really curious.
>>
>>67798679

you're arguing that the characters are both not established enough and too well established at the same time.

it's actually sad how far you're bending over backwards to scrounge up a criticism at this point
>>
>>67798677
>deflecting the argument through meme arrows: the post
>>67798716
>fedora: the post
>I'd explain but its just to deep
Way to side step that it's major flaws to say it's a way for him to say "fuck you" to " comic fans."
That is the san Francisco indie game mentality
>>67798791
Nope because if you're establishing a character in one verse. It doesnt mean there the same was the point then someone goes but batman is established. Then the response was why go through orgin stories?
>>
What everyone else is also missing is the intense amount of value in Superman's comic book characterization. He's a little like Captain America in that his values come from an earlier era, but unlike Cap he doesn't have the excuse of being a man out of time. And yet every time people encounter the classic Superman, it seems to stir something in them. Why is that?

I think it's because Superman is ultimately timeless. He's the son raised by good parents. He's the great man who's also great-souled. He's the man who does the right thing simply because it's right. He seeks justice for its own sake. It is somewhat Christlike, but it also taps deep veins of ethics and morality in Western thought. Why do we do what we do?

I think there's nothing unrealistic about the joyful response Superman receives in the comics. People like good people. People like being around good people. Superman is a good person.

This is why I'm truly disappointed with Snyder's Superman. I feel as though this doing of good for its own sake, and the joy it brings, is totally lost on Snyder. If Snyder is really and Objectivist this would all make perfect sense.
>>
File: 1456715347720.jpg (13 KB, 251x255) Image search: [Google]
1456715347720.jpg
13 KB, 251x255
>>67794584
>I screencapped my own post
>>
>>67798867
>>fedora: the post

It's true though

He has no taste, no cinematic knowledge, no knowledge of capeshit he loves

Nothing
>>
>>67796498
LUBEZKI CAN FUCK MY BITCH
>>
>>67794233
What's your problem with him?
>>
>>67794306
Symbolism only works when it's subtle. This is embarrassing.
>>
>>67798867

calling the movie a pig isn't an argument.

you did absolutely nothing to address any of the points brought up by the other poster.

> It doesnt mean there the same was the point then someone goes but batman is established. Then the response was why go through orgin stories?

but this wasn't an origin story. that's the point you were arguing. you said his character wasn't established enough to do a story of a middle aged, disgruntled Batman.
>>
>>67798910
No not at all. Snyder hacked up the dc universe
>>
>>67798910

I don't love capeshit, but i do have plenty of cinematic knowledge.

You're inability to construct anything even remotely close to resembling a coherent argument tells me all i need to know.
>>
>>67798954

I'm talking about the first poster you're replying to here >>67798640 not Zack Snyder
>>
File: 1458240748099.jpg (40 KB, 586x429) Image search: [Google]
1458240748099.jpg
40 KB, 586x429
>>67798934
>confusing symbolism with iconography
>>
>>67798939
>not getting idioms
Are you an aspie? Seriously ill explain it to you if you are.
Lets point out flaws.
It's a molases pace to the point where you're looking at a watch but dont because you dont want to miss the "symbolism" and allegory.
The actors all sound mad at eachother. Seriosuly who pissed in whos cornflakes?
It's the most literal sense of grimdark i can think of. I thought snyder was to obtuse.
But we have a well known character (batman) thats making his debute in this movie and hes a cranky older man who wants kids off his metaphorical lawn. (superman gone from earth.)
Superman looks lifeless like botox.
The story was ham fisted for them to fight and team up. "Suprise zod zomg!"
So my argument also stated also if were arguing orgion why not skip them and go into a justoce league
>>
>>67799083

your effort is wasted here.

debating these hopeless troglodytes is a fruitless endeavor.
>>
>>67799083
This is actually one of the best posts to describe Snyder's shortcomings with these movies. He does really on iconography over symbolism.
>>
>>67799154
rely* not really
>>
>>67799093

i understand idioms, but they still don't count as a substantive argument.

>slow

you must have the attention span of a gnat

>angry dialogue

in a movie called Batman v Superman. wow, shocking.

>grimdark

serious tones trigger the manchild

>old batman

consider by most to the best part of the movie.

>lifeless Superman

okay, at least this is a valid criticism even though i don't agree

> hamfisted story to have them team up

it's a fucking justice league set up movie. what did you expect? everyone with a IQ above room temperature knew that a team up movie was the end goal.

>why not skip the origin* and go straight to the justice* league?

first off, this isn't an origin story. Both Batman and Superman are established in their respective roles. Also, they needed a reason to create a justice league other than "hey lets start a fuckin superhero club. that'd be neat."

This movie established a looming big bad for them to fight collectively. What other reason do you need?
>>
Why do DCucks move goalposts so much?

>"Critic reviews matter"
>movie gets shat on by critics
>"Critic don't matter, this movie is for the audiences!"
>word of mouth is terrible
>"Well it wasn't meant for audiences, only true comic book fans will love it"
>comic book fans reaction is mixed
>"They don't matter anymore, the thing that matters now is how much money it makes. Marvel is finished"
>BvS gets a horrific 81% drop on it's second week
>"Fuck everyone, the only reason it failed was because nobody understood its deep, artistic, and intellectual story. Marvelfags"
>>
>>67799385
DCucks aren't a single person, so...
>>
>>67799385

>word of mouth is terrible

it's been luke warm at worst
>>
>>67799385
Because they're children and teens
>>
>>67794233
His problem is that he's too much of a comic nerd. He treats his movies like they were comic books without understanding they're two completely different mediums.
>>
>>67794233
objectivism
>>
He made the EXACT SAME FILM HE HAS BEEN MAKING FOR YEARS. It's the same visuals, the same themes if martyrdom, the same overdramatic bullshit over and over and over again. Sucker Punch wasn't a safe film, but that doesn't mean it automatically has merit, because on the whole it fucking sucks and there is little commendable about it.

Snyder takes characters and themes and, rather than building an experience around them, forces them to conform to his unbelievably childish/troubled teen worldview. He does not have the emotional or intellectual maturity to execute what he's trying to accomplish on the screen, because all of it stinks of pathetic teenage nihilism.

Snyder has an engaging visual style which masks a wealth of ineptitude and consistently puts out mediocre films with heavy themes that trick people into thinking they're seeing something weighty when they're not. It's broad strokes of black with a thick brush and a heavy hand, and it's exhausting.
>>
>>67794306
All that CGI fog and lens flares, so beautiful. It's like watching a videogame.
Zack Snyder should direct the next halo.
>>
>>67799576
>Snyder takes characters and themes and, rather than building an experience around them, forces them to conform to his unbelievably childish/troubled teen worldview.

can you expand on how he did this in Batman v Superman?

genuinely interested in your point of view.
>>
>>67799327

>i understand idioms, but they still don't count as a substantive argument.
Then you would understand why i used it.
>you must have the attention span of a gnat
Oh boy nothing like having to sit through oh mundane dialogue to wait for the worthwhile bits that actually matter

>in a movie called Batman v Superman. wow, shocking.
Jesus they are gritting their teeth half the time.

>serious tones trigger the manchild
Apparently having everything with a filter is artistic like every other movie hes directed. Apparently the sun doesn't exist in snyderverse.
>consider by most to the best part of the movie.
Wat? That was not even said by anyone .

>okay, at least this is a valid criticism even though i don't agree
Because your riding snyders dark filter dick

>it's a fucking justice league set up movie. what did you expect? everyone with a IQ above room temperature knew that a team up movie was the end goal.
Omg zods randomly here. Heres wonderwoman randonly. How nuanced!

>first off, this isn't an origin story. Both Batman and Superman are established in their respective roles. Also, they needed a reason to create a justice league other than "hey lets start a fuckin superhero club. that'd be neat."
>This movie established a looming big bad for them to fight collectively. What other reason do you need?
Why not? Why couldn't they just call? Techinally yes it is for batman because hes not established anywhere else vut this movie.
>>
File: 1459664804863.png (204 KB, 476x530) Image search: [Google]
1459664804863.png
204 KB, 476x530
>>67796816
BASED POST

I'm starting to worry that manchildren will never self-reflect though, they will forever be doomed as the degenerates they are
>>
>>67796816
I really, really want to know what this artistic shit that was taken on the fanboys is. Nevermind the fact that shitting on your core demographic is a truly terrible idea.

>>67799327
>This movie established a looming big bad for them to fight collectively. What other reason do you need?
Who exactly? Darkseid was barely implied, Luthor is in prison and at the end of his rope, hell the movie ends with Batman saying he's got a feeling they will have to fight in the future.
>>
Can't believe the budgets Snyder gets trusted with. All because of 300 and DotD
>>
>>67796816
Fucking rock. Thanks so much for this.
>>
>>67796816
>Just face it, you're out of your league
>JUST face it, you're out of your LEAGUE
>JUSTICE LEAGUE

Snyder wins again.
>>
File: 1455848145834.gif (2 MB, 275x248) Image search: [Google]
1455848145834.gif
2 MB, 275x248
>>67796816
forgive english, i am Russia. i come to study clothing and fashion at American university. i am here little time and i am very hard stress. i am gay also and this very difficult for me, i am very religion person. i never act to be gay with other men before. but after i am in america 6 weeks i am my friend together he is gay also. He was show me American fashion and then we are kiss. wWe sex together.

Great post.
>>
>>67800268
Am I alone in wanting to see Jon Hamm play a latter day, "Kingdom Come" era Supes?
>>
>>67797384
Because flicks don't warrent 500 word essays let alone discussions
>>
File: zack attack.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
zack attack.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>67796816
>>
>>67796816
Thats cool but when are you going to make a good movie Zach?
>>
>>67800341

"the bell has already been rung"

something about a threat arising from deep space.

it's setting up the introduction of Darkseid in a way that isn't as obvious as a post-credit scene.

It was creepy and one of Lex's best moments.
>>
>>67796816
They won't listen desu, they'll just be embarrassed they'd they've been redpilled and will call this movie shit so they can return to their bluepill wonderland
>>
>>67796816
So... essentially you're saying is Synder is the Hideo Kojima of films? He pretends to give you something, then takes it away? Bait and switch?

You're playing the "misunderstood genius" angle a bit too hard here, dude. This is top work though. You've earn your (You).
>>
>>67794233
Just watched this. It's top fucking notch,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
>>
>>67796816
>JL teaser spliced right in the climax
So you're saying he made a shitty movie ironically?
>>
>>67802099
>Hideo Kojima
you can't make this shit up
>>>/v/
>>
File: Funny-Horse-29.jpg (29 KB, 620x411) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Horse-29.jpg
29 KB, 620x411
>>67802301
holy fuck plebs ARE SO DENSE
>>
>>67799526
I can tell you for a fact that comic book fans, as opposed to comic book fanboys, are starting to catch on to what Snyder's doing. And I can tell you that as a fan, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration.
>>
File: 1447140477531.jpg (26 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1447140477531.jpg
26 KB, 612x612
>Zack's latest film has already created more discussion on the validity of film as an artform in a week than the entire catalogue of the MemeCU did

It's just not fair....how can one man be so fucking based?
>>
File: 1328735281371.jpg (134 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1328735281371.jpg
134 KB, 413x395
>>67796816
i like you
>>
File: 1459593780498[1].png (224 KB, 704x361) Image search: [Google]
1459593780498[1].png
224 KB, 704x361
>>67802301
No, you dense fuck.
Also that whole JL teaser scene is made that way to feel as if Bats, Diana, and Lex are sharing memes with one another. Post-credit scenes are basically packaged to be shared virally.

the critique and frustration signal that those teases emotionally did their job, while also literally providing a deconstruction of those kinds of teases in general

>half assed teases forced into the movie at the end of production
how is this not literally all post credit scenes that have been placed literally at the end of the movies

we had already noted a lot of the hypocrisy of the reviews of bvs, but now the shit thrown at bvs are not actually faults of the movie specifically but of our own preconceptions of comicbook superhero movies
all the reviews read as such
>not what i wanted it to be
>i didn't catch all the logistics, fault the movie for not picking up on it
>the fact that i'm asking questions about the movie is somehow a fault of the movie
>the precise internal mechanics of the movie and their connection with my perception of the movie in relation to the story escaped me
>the movie presents an idea that is not only valid with the movie universe but in real life as well
The main complaint was that the scene breaks continuity, it's spliced right after Superman flies off to Gotham to face Batman. Snyder basically said, fuck it, I'm going to put this shit in the place where most people will get annoyed by it, because everyone paid just to watch Batman and Superman fight. In itself proving that these scenes are manipulative corporate garbage.
Of course all this completely flew over your fucking dense head. The bell has been rung.
>>
>>67802017
Not his fault that you can't recognize a good movie right in front of your Doritos.
>>
>>67796816
i've never seen someone type so much shit while actually saying so little
>>
>>67803910
Cry more, one day you'll be forced to look at yourself in the mirror and realize what a pathetic cynic with delusions of grandeur you really are.
>>
File: 1459266253853.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459266253853.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67803910
LMAO DC BTFO NICE ONE MARVELBRO
>>
File: 1459567135294.gif (412 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1459567135294.gif
412 KB, 350x233
>>67803910
>>>/v/
>>
>>67803996
oh shit, is Trump safe in /tv/ btw? We all onboard around here?
>>
>>67803779
and no one who bashes the movie will reply to this
>>
File: critics.png (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
critics.png
187 KB, 1280x720
M-muh quips and bad cgi
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naqwR9XnJk
>>
>>67804064
Perfect
>>
File: 1448718850265.png (411 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1448718850265.png
411 KB, 500x503
>>67804064

k e k

why the fuck does that laughing make me laugh so hard in return
>>
>>67804029
Not American, but I'd honestly vote for him.
t. Mexican
>>
>>67804064
>Manhole Dingus
>>
File: 1459661744258.jpg (8 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1459661744258.jpg
8 KB, 223x200
>>67804064
just read her full review, she literally elaborates on nothing from her initial point in the pic

what the fuck
>>
>>67804064
Holy shit, this guy throws around the word "philosophical" as if he believes he's fucking Aristotle himself.
>>
>>67804267

disney is paying off cuckcritics desperately trying to squash the dceu before it takes off and overpowers them, that simple
>>
>>67804290
FUCK, it's not even a "he". These are the people that ultimately approve which movies the masses want.
>>
Its hilarious how the people complaining that Snyder's imagery is so overt are the ones who fail to understand it at all and are the the exact people he's criticizing.
>>
>>67804496
And whenever someone even attempts at discussing or explaining it to them they instantly parry it with contempt and flaunt their "superior knowledge". Truly pathetic.
>>
>>67804533
Like the old Kryptonians, comic book fans are dogmatic and believe that characters should have to be a certain way since their birth, and view any change as a heretical crime. Zod himself fails because he refuses to consider any other option than the one chosen for him, and attempts to destroy the new to preserve the old.

Snyder's Superman brings a new way, one of complex morality and his own choices, instead of the old dogmatic rules ("Superman doesn't kill!"). He rejects a restrictive moral code (Krypton), for the flawed nuance and freedom of Earth/America. Man of Steel shows how doing the right thing sometimes requires going outside of rigid moral codes by having Superman kill to save the Earth. It's the right decision, but does not fit into the rigid framework the dogmatic comic book fans want Superman to fit into.

Comic Nerds = Kryptonians = Jews
Capekino = Superman = Christ
>>
>>67804741
All this boils down to people kicking and screaming because they want to avoid reality, and seek shelter in these fantasies of power and adoration of idiocy.
>>
>>67804741
at last, I truly see
>>
>>67804533
Fuck off faggot I dont have the time of the effort to listen to your half ass bait bullshit just keep ur shithouse opinions to yourself for once you deaf dumb fucking autist piece of shit FUCK
>>
>>67804964
>Fuck off faggot I dont have the time of the effort to listen to your half ass bait bullshit

You're in denial that there are people with functioning brains in this board, that question the so-called entertainment that these companies shit out to manipulate them.
Whenever someone shares an opinion that destroys your sheltered thoughts and shallow pretenses, you discard it as being ironically contrarian to avoid reality.

>movies shouldn't make me think
>movies shouldn't be introspective
>movies shouldn't make me question my morality code
This is how you sound.
>>
>>67794233
He would like to pretend he's into this comic book crap because it's so profitable for him. He wants people to think he likes this material, but it's oh so painfully obvious he thinks it's childish and laughable. That's why he clumsily tries, over and over again, to make it ""better"". He applies his 13 year old idea of maturity to them. He ends up raping the shit he films into pieces, to the point where it becomes impenetrable, obnoxious and a chore to watch. He's like a directorial cacophony.
Truly a visionary of ou're times.
>>
>>67804964
>AHHHH NO I'M NOT AN IDIOT YOU'RE WRONG I'M RIGHT LALALALA
>>
>>67804964
truly pathetic
>>
>>67805501
>>67805585

read
>>67805020
>>
File: 1935_3_full.jpg (45 KB, 325x319) Image search: [Google]
1935_3_full.jpg
45 KB, 325x319
>>67794584
>following a workout routine is autistic
Thought that was a genuine post for a second there
>>
File: 1459101133297.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1459101133297.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
>>67804741

But jesus never had to kill anybody to prove his point, in fact, the whole point of jesus was to never sin on earth so he could redeem others.

BvS is Meh and no amount of "muh misunderstood snyder" is going to change that.
>>
>>67796446
>force
Yes he literally put the symbolism in the movie on purpose

Wow
>>
>>67805665
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little DCuck quip and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" problematic Evans, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about how the first capekinography in history completely flew over your head. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Marveldrone NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "DKEKS BTFO PRETENTIOUS TRASH." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...
>>
>>67794584
the upper post is shit b8 t b h

but yeah I agree with the Snyder fans are autsitic part
>>
>>67794233
You know that kid who uploads game cut scenes and call it a movie? Or the kid who comments that Blizzard should make a movie because their game trailer is good? This is that kid. 300 works because it has no story and just an action movie. He focused so much with how cool the story, the action and characters should be.
>>
>>67797497
How has he changed?
There are 2 very big differences

>There is no clumsy Clark Kent persona. They should've developed this more in the film.
>Superman doesn't really fight any crime. He basically just defends the world from the dangers it faces from him being here.
>>
File: 1459177948578.jpg (499 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1459177948578.jpg
499 KB, 2404x845
>>67805665
Superman's parallels to jesus ARE NOT a direct allegory, it's just a cog to an overall idea that he's exploring

but you wouldn't know this, it's too much for your baboon mind to comprehend
>>
>>67796498
What do you expect from a tasteless manchildren ?
>>
File: 1459185359479.jpg (188 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1459185359479.jpg
188 KB, 1462x1462
>>67805994
>from a tasteless manchildren ?

like poetry
>>
>>67805908
>He basically just defends the world from the dangers it faces from him being here.

>He helps people during natural disasters
>He helps people during accidents
Did you read a synopsis of the film online and decide to bash it based on that?
>>
>>67805469
see
>>67796816
>>
>>67805994
At least learn how to write properly.
>implying that people who like BvS can't like Malick films

Seriously, how old are you?
>>
>>67796498
>can't even write "subtlety" properly
Jesus Christ get the fuck out
>>
File: 1458750618868.jpg (50 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458750618868.jpg
50 KB, 576x1024
>>67805994
>dude look at that CGI galaxy...OMG space is so fuggeeen ebbigg...AND IT EVEN HAS DINOSAURS???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THIS FILM IS THE GOAT!!!

Malicktards everybody....remember when the entire board was making fun of peter jackson for 2 years because he used randomly decided to use gopros for one scene in the middle of the movie? Guess who else did that....yep, "based Terry"
>>
>>67797830
>comparing two different visionaries
Objectively Snyder has more artistic integrity by trying to elevate an otherwise stale genre, one that a shit load of people will see, Malick is exploring his own filmmaking techniques in his own small budget films, he has total creative control.
>>
piece of shit flick if I want to be t b h senpaitachi

I see the bigger scheme tho

Based Zack destroying capeshit from the inside
>>
>>67796498
dude...the sun is setting while they're filming...unprecedented...this is just...this cinematography...I am literally shaking right now....so this is the power of Malick
and that lens flare, my g*d...(I hate it when JJ Abrams does it but this is just epic)
>>
>>67805912
Saved
>>
>>67803779
hanlon's razor, you twit
>>
>>67806621
Ha ha, nice try. But when the film exudes with meta-commentary and explores political, social, and moral questionnings it's idiocy to claim all this wasn't intentional.
>>
>>67806621
that is a 4 syllable word for any thought too big for little minds
>>
>>67805908
Clark hasn't been clumsy since the 80s
And pre crisis Clark was more of a milksop than a Jerry Lewis .
Superman always saves the day from natural disasters and stuff normal people can't handle
Batman's thing is more about fighting crime
>>
>>67796816
such hypocritically faggotry, even for 4chan
>>
>>67796816
You seriously believe the director of Sucker Punch and 300 is even capable of that much thought?
>>
>>67806621
>>67807021

If you want further proof do yourself a favor and read this thread, it ended in a deep critical analysis of the film's themes.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67754364/#67754364
>>
File: 1459640856767.jpg (11 KB, 261x180) Image search: [Google]
1459640856767.jpg
11 KB, 261x180
Honestly I think anything DC would've done with their cinematic universe, whether it was light-hearted and full of quips, or had solo films for each character before bringing them together, would've been ridiculed either way, especially after seeing what people deem 'fair' criticisms for BvS, I think WB knows this, it's why they hired a visionary like Snyder. It's why they kept him on even after the mixed response to MoS. They know fans will always think Marvel did it better, so they're going to create something that actually matters.
>>
>>67806721
No, it's more likely that Zack Snyder is just a retard. If you've heard him talk, you understand.
>>
>>67807175
It's more likely that you are just a retard who can't appreciate actual kino.
>>
>>67807175
He did an awkward interview=/=bad director
He didn't answer a question like I would've wanted him to=/=bad director

The movie speaks for itself, you have to be able to judge a work of art by itself.
>>
>>67794233
He, like all modern Superman writers, wants to write about Superman being sad.
He wants to write about Superman feeling like an alien, like God, like freak, etc.
The Superman Byrnes "created" and now most people are nostalgic for and hold up as the icon of culture he is, is dead. New-52 killed him. Now Supes is edgy and young, unsure of himself and stupid.
>>
>>67807175
you mean that video where he hides his patrician power level? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc) Of course he isn't going to hint at what he plans to do with DCEU, that would upset the fans, obviously.

Here, he goes in depth on his favourite movie i.e creative influences: http://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1002-Summer-2010/Screening-Room-Zack-Snyder.aspx
>>
>>67794233
He is a genius trapped in a world filled with plebs.
>>
>>67807311
His adaptation of Watchmen speaks way more for me

It convienced me that this guy is just a dumb chad
>>
>>67807375
Sadly, his vision is too uplifting and sincere for these cynical times.
>>
>>67807311
You're right, the movie does speak for itself. It's terrible, boring, hamfisted, forced garbage.
>>
>>67807394
>is just a dumb chad

This comment just proves your insecurity.

Didn't you read the post?>>67807311
>The movie speaks for itself, you have to be able to judge a work of art by itself.

Watchmen=/=BvS
>>
>>67807443
LABELS LABELS LABELS

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67807448
I'm not insecure

I exactly know what kind of person Zack Snyder is and it clear that he has no idea what he is doing
>>
>>67807514
>I exactly know what kind of person Zack Snyder

You label people because you're insecure.
>>
File: Kingdom Come.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Come.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1200
>>67807353
It's possible to tell a story with a sad, upset and angry Superman and not shit all over the fundamental appeal of the character.

This story did it very, very nicely.
The ironic thing is, it reads like a direct criticism of the very shit that Snyder's "interpretation" represents.

It also manages heavy religious allegories without being hamfisted garbage.
>>
>>67807584
You label me insecure because you are insecure
>>
>>67794233
Only patricians of film (like myself) do not recognize who that person is tbqh
>>
>>67807660
>>>/v/
>>
File: cia original.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cia original.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
>>67796498
Nice power stance.
>>
File: 1451455165279.jpg (14 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
1451455165279.jpg
14 KB, 284x177
>>67807514
>I exactly know what kind of person Zack Snyder

how can someone with such poor grammar claim to know ANYTHING. Especially that of a master auteur
>>
>>67804064
What's up with this other video you made bruh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6JiSZEQnk
>>
>>67807743
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>67798867
>if i say deflecting maybe they wont notice i have no argument
>>
>>67807058
just stop trying to look for gold in piles of shit
>>
he's a bad storyteller because he doesn't care about characters or story, he cares about cool visuals and mayhem
>>
>>67803779
please fix the grammar to make it read like actual english brah
>>
>>67807988
nice irony

>>67808109
nice analogy

>>67808128
nice false criticism
>>
>>67808128
so just like Kubrick or Malick then?
>>
>>67808196
>if i say irony, analogy, and false criticism i'll seem like I've been making a point
>>>/v/
>>
>>67808109
You're completely out of your depth.
Quip quip punch punch
>>
>>67808184
haha, you dense motherfucker with ADD can't link two coherent thoughts in your mind and expect me to take your comment seriously?
>>
File: 1459653352853.jpg (88 KB, 703x635) Image search: [Google]
1459653352853.jpg
88 KB, 703x635
>>67808382
>masquerading as someone you're not
>>
>>67808128
>he's a bad storyteller

no you were just too stupid to follow it
>>
>>67796816
You. I like you
>>
>>67807681
faggot
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1419739364295.jpg (31 KB, 352x426) Image search: [Google]
1419739364295.jpg
31 KB, 352x426
>>67803779
holy shit, ok, I see it now, it's a misunderstood masterpiece
>>
>>67796816
>Snyder is aware that he's dealing with one of the most iconic characters in popular mythos, he respects Superman immensely.

but Superman is treated like shit in this movie.
>>
>>67808736
>if i tell him to go back to my favorite board, i'll show him!
>>
>>67809128
Faggot
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809160
>s-stop or i'll call you a faggot and list my favorite board ;-;
>>
>>67809197
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809238
>s-stop it g-go back t-to /v/ it's my fa- i mean your favorite board
>>
>>67794233

He doesn't understand a simple comics book
>>
>>67805912

>#WhoWillWin
this isnt Kino

>Lens-flare
this isnt Cinema

>Joker is good/interesting but everyone else is bland and it doesnt really make you think after youve seen it
this isnt a Film

>entertaining, easy to grasp storyline
this IS a fine Movie

>complete shit with no art in mind at all, made solely for making money and hyping stuff for the "video-game audience"
this is a flick and also the poison thats ruining the medium. We always had shitty films but none of the were as devoid of content as the one we have today. If we stay in the realms of capeshit: compare the early 2000s Spider-Man movies to the recent ones. One of them is cleary made without love or fun and is just to please some people until the next CG-fest is released. The humour, action, plot works in theory but is really empty.
>>
>>67809338
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809338
He goes around shitposting, ignore him
>>
>>67809573
cry more where you belong
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809573
i know
>>
File: image.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360 KB, 500x500
>>67809594
Redditors make me laugh. Good job m8
>>
>>67809645
>>67809699
you make me laugh
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809420
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>67809741
>>>/v/
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 433x419
>>67809732
>>
>>67809086
He struggles and overcomes adversity, and finally people see him as an inspirational figure, not a figure of adulation.
IF YOU SEEK MY MONUMENT LOOK AROUND YOU

That's real life for you kid.
>>
>>67809842
>>>/v/
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 776x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 776x678
>>67809882
>>
>>67809902
>image.jpg
you make this too satisfying
>>>/v/
>>
>>67794233
he pissed off the jews
>>
>>67805685
>forced
>>
>>67808626
that post is copypasta, most of it made by me. now that other anons have taken ownership i'd for it to be improved upon
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 659x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 659x635
>>67809923
I can feel your anguish redditor
>>
>>67809995
>>>/v/
>>
>>67809981
I know, I was in that thread discussing the movie too.
>>67807058
One of the most in depth we've had so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 493x386
>>67810002
R E D D I T
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.