[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they capture the true satirical nature of the book that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 14294-3.jpg (41 KB, 230x355) Image search: [Google]
14294-3.jpg
41 KB, 230x355
Will they capture the true satirical nature of the book that they left out in the movie because of muh soggy knee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSLQVHGCQA
>>
>>67790377
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that.
>>
>>67790377
have memes gone too far?
>>
File: TedCruz031415.jpg (34 KB, 940x530) Image search: [Google]
TedCruz031415.jpg
34 KB, 940x530
>>67790377
I'm actually mildly interested, but don't know why they would cast someone who looks exactly like Ted Cruz as the lead.
>>
>>67790377
That music was terrible and the lyrics were awful. I can't imagine watching 2 hours of it
>>
>his body is in his 20s
>his face in his 40s
What went wrong?
>>
>Will they capture the true satirical nature of the book that they left out in the movie because of muh soggy knee?

If Bateman don't sew up a live rat inside a woman's vagina i won't be seeing it
>>
>>67790377
looks absolutely awful
>>
>>67790377
checked
>>
>>67790377
What ever happened to that Spiderman musical?
>>
>>67791821
Everything imaginable happened to it.
>>
>>67790377
>>67790945
Have to agree with that guy
>>
>>67790377
I'm seeing this in June, I want to enjoy it, but I've been listening to the tracks, and they're not fantastic. And the choreography doesn't look appealing either. And this one has posing that makes it look like it came from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQltDd14-Vc

>>67791821
Came and went.
>>
fuck musicals
this is worse than american psycho 2
>>
>>67792296
whoa there's a sequel?
>>
>>67792334
With a young Mila Kunis.

It's shit.
>>
>>67792357
don't forget william fucking shatner
>>
>>67790844
>>67792077

Check'd
>>
>>67792296
There's actually something worse than musicals in the world.

The people who like them.
>>
>>67792334
Not really. There was a script for a movie completely unrelated, and some faggot came along and said "Wow! This would be even better if we called it American Psycho 2!" So then they slapped that name on it. There's like one scene in a flashback with Bateman in it, and the rest has nothing to do with him.
>>
>>67791047
Did this really happen? Everyone said the book was like a dark comedy.
>>
>>67790945
yeah that got real bad as soon as the actual song started. it just made me want a really long stage production of the novel.
>>
>>67790377
>they left out in the movie because of muh soggy knee?

Did they actually changed anything important due to that? I haven't read the book, and the mouse/hamster scene would have clearly been left out regardless.
>>
>>67792672
actually it's the opposite i've read the book and the darkest parts of the book are not in the movie.
>>
>>67792603
Bateman gets killed by the protagonist as a little girl.
>>
>>67792672
>did this really happen?
What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's in the book, it's fiction.
>>
File: 4363463453456.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
4363463453456.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
There will never be a TDKR opening musical.
>>
>>67790377
What truly satirical stuff do you think was left out of the movie? I don't think the movie really quite captured how absolutely cold and empty Bateman is inside but other than that it was solid.

>>67792696
I think I'd prefer a straight up stage version too. The book's actually pretty damn funny and entertaining during most of the parts where it's just Bateman talking to people. Scenes like Bateman telling his oblivious friends how much he fucking hates them while they're talking about The Bahamas without listening to him would be great to see acted out.
>>
>>67792672
He covers a urinal cake in Bosco, freezes it, puts it a Godiva box, and feeds it to his fiancée

That could've gone into the movie without affecting the rating
>>
>>67792672

No. Instead he nails a naked girl to his floor with a nailgun, smears brie cheese on/in her pussy, shoves a habitrail tube system inside of her, releases a starved wild sewer rat into the tube and pulls it out so that it's stuck inside her and eats her from the inside out and then rapes her face, sticks a knife up her nose, gouges out her eyes, uses a chainsaw to cut her in half, cuts her head off of her torso and walks around with his hard dick in her mouth as her decapitated head hangs off of his erection like a christmas tree ornament and then the rat comes out of her intestines at her midsection where he sawed her in half and he stomps the rat to death.

I'm sad that it didn't make the movie :(
>>
>>67790377

>I want it alllll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnCJXtADDXo
>>
>satirical nature
Nah. BEE is just a smug edgelord who wanted to shock and disgust people in the days before everyone had access to LiveLeak.

American Psycho is one of the few movies that actually improved on the original material by focusing on the comedic elements.
>>
>>67792810
He clearly means did it happen in the book.
>>
>>67793207
DFW fan detected. Based BEE's book is funnier than the movie.
>>
>>67790945
this. and the choreography was garbage too.
>>
>>67793041
yikes
>>
>>67790844
Because he's the Zodiac killer
>>
>>67790377
>that fucking club beat
FUCKING DROPPED JESUS CHRIST
>>
The guy looks like a young buff Frank Underwood.
Maybe not tha bad of a choice.

Musicals are horrible anyways.
>>
>>67790377
You know what's crazy? All of that shit in the movie, the business cards, schooling, clothing, is all true. I thought it was exaggerated for the movie, but it's all true.
>>
>>67790377
I hate musical theatre but I love American Psycho. I'd probably see this if I lived in New York.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.