[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from seeing this a second time. What's so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x840
Just got back from seeing this a second time. What's so bad about it again?
>>
>>67789638
Everything that is not related to the Batfleck
>>
>>67789638
We mineaswell condense all the threads into a general or something.

>>67782223
>>
ahh yes.. BvS: dawn of justice, hmm very good.
>>
>>67789638
It's not that bad, but it's not good either
>>
>>67789663
What was wrong with that stuff, though? Perry White was a little corny but that's the character, and it's not like he's around all the time. My biggest issue is how Lois Lane just knows they need the Kryptonite spear simply to create artificial drama.
>>
>>67789638
>Yawn of Justice
right?
>>
>>67789802
Its not good, but it also is bad.
>>
Cinematography was amazing. 11/10
Editing, and pacing was shit. This is what ruined this film.

There were a LOT of scenes that seemed out of context, and unnecessary. It felt like they filmed full, detailed scenes, but then instead of them running 10 minutes each, they got trimmed down to 30 seconds, or 2 minutes clips.
There was also very little establishing shots, this made viewing the film exhausting. Too many locations, too many sets. Some were obvious, others were not. This made seem like Lois Lane was teleporting around.
This movie needed to be cut down to 2 hours or less, have all the BS scenes removed. For a home release, this movie should be a two part, 6 hour film. All the extra scenes put back in in their full, uncompromised glory.
Way too much was shown in theaters, and a lot of the scenes felt incomplete, and unsatisfying.
Dream sequence was good, but felt like it was cut short. In the end it added nothing, and was unnecessary.
The Africa thing was also pointless. Added nothing.
Random shots of Bruce's parents being killed, pointless. We all know this. One small flashback would have been enough.
Lois talking to the military dude about the bullet, again. Pointless.
These scenes, when expended upon, belong in a 6 hour version of this film, perfect form some R Rated 6 hour extended edition two part home release.

Things I absolutely hated about this film:
Lex Luthor. Fucking annoying manchild. Why cant he just be a ruthless businessman?
Batmobile. Seemed like it was out of a video game.
Doomsday. If he was essentially made from Zod, why the fuck didnt they just make him some abomination version of Zod? Doomsday should have just been Zod. He should have came back in that form and continued to exact his revenge on Kal El, and got to kill him in the end.
>>
>yfw Justice League Part 1 starts with The Flash coming back from the moment he warned Bruce smiling and wondering if he succeeded. Then Batman turns around and it's Bruce's father in the batsuit and it's starts Flashpoint
>>
This film cannot decide what it wants to be. Instead of creating a worthwhile movie of Batman V Superman, it is instead a combined mess of Man of Steel 2, Batman is Tormented, and Justice League 0.5. The whole thing builds up to the ‘greatest gladiator duel’ as Lex puts it, only for it finally arrive and seem absolutely pointless and simply dull. The action between the two is so damn short, so poorly done, that it carries no weight, no substance or worth.

If you’ve seen the trailers, you know pretty much everything about this movie. You can watch and easily predict what will happen. It’s cliché as all hell.

The issues of Man of Steel are often considered the christ-like symbolism, and how it wasn’t subtle enough. The symbolism in this film is much worse, so ham-fisted, it feels like Zack Snyder is smacking you across the face. “GET IT, SUPERMAN IS A GOD”.

The score is in my opinion the worst score Zimmer and Junkie XL have made in years, with the themes being so over the top, loud, and simply lacking in dynamic or difference that it feels like your ears are just being pummelled with drums. At points it feels like Mad Max Fury Road’s soundtrack on steroids. Batman and Wonder Woman’s themes simply don’t fit. The only glimmer here is reusing some of the score from Man of Steel, because it fits quite well.
>>
>>67789925
Characterisation. Affleck is a good Batman in terms of size, he feels menacing and threatening. But the decisions Goyer made with this Batman don’t fit the character at all. A few of them, very significant ones, go against what makes Batman, well, Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman are suitable for their characterisation, I actually like the Superman we have in this universe. Unfortunately, the big one, Batman, is just so disappointing.

The editing is probably the worst I have seen in a mainstream blockbuster over the past 5 years. You have so many scenes that can build excitement, tension, worry, etc. But they are all jumbled together that you end up feeling nothing. You will get midway through one subplot, get really passionate about it, then the film just jumps to a completely different area, often for little reason, or little significance at all. I couldn’t believe it at points.

it’s chucked into a full on mess of bad CGI, that can at times feel so obviously fake that it distracts from what should be a good experience.

Simply a terrible film.
>>
>>67789663
Your opinion is a meme.
>>
>>67789638
>Just got back from seeing this a second time. What's so bad about it again?

Fuck off Snyder, just accept it, your movie sucked. No matter how many times you will post about your movie in this board, it will always suck. You did not just disappoint America and the rest of the world no, you disappointed your father once again. Look at the mirror Snyder, you are just a disgrace. You disappointed Hollywood, America and most importantly your father.
>>
literally nothing
its a solid 7/10 film
>>
>>67789964
what was wrong with batman characterization?
>>
People always say bad pacing. I don't really know anything about pacing but isn't steady build up of tension and intrigue leading to a climax of massive action pretty desirable?
>>
>>67789877
boner pls
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.