[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend Horror films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: acting.gif (531 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
acting.gif
531 KB, 500x375
I want to get scared.
Recommend me and other anons good horror films.
>>
The VVitch
>>
>>67787554

yellowbrickroad freaked me out for some reason, so there's that.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1360x768
>>67787554
>"Good golly mister ghost I sure am glad you unlocked the door!"
Jack Nicholson (1980)
>>
Evil Dead XIIV
>>
>>67787633
that was terrible
>>
Rubber scared the balls off of me.
>>
Audition.
Or maybe Begotten.
>>
>>67788935
>google search Begotten
>the fuck
>>
Lake Mungo
>>
>>67787633
starts off great, but the quality of the acting gradually decreases and it becomes a comedy
>>
>>67789116
it's Eraserhead on acid
>>
>>67789489
both are memes
>>
The Borderlands
>>
>>67787554
I honestly don't understand how an adult can be legitimately scared by a movie
>>
>>67789841
I thought we were all 12 year olds.

To answer OP's question, Audition is pretty good.
>>
>>67789841
If the atmosphere of the movie is good and you get into it, it can frighten or unsettle you. You're not scared of the movie itself of course, but it can frighten you.

You're not one of those people who, the whole time the movie is playing, just sits there bored thinking that "lol, this movie isn't scary, it's just a movie."? I can't stand those people.
>>
>>67787554
>>67787554
The original Black Christmas is my favorite out of all.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good horror flick
>>
If you want something unsettling and bizarre, I recommend Inland Empire.

>>67789353
This. One of my most chilling film experiences.
>>
>>67787554
Any great horror film recommendations that don't have gore?
>>
>>67791016
a chilean film, el bosque de karadima.
pretty disturbing.
>>
>>67789951
No, I'm not one of those people, and yes I agree that sometimes a film can be kinda unsettling, but that isn't the same thing as "scary. " The word "scare" brings to mind gasping, shrieking and your adrenaline pumping like crazy

I love horror movies, but I don't watch them for the scares at all. I actually find them really comfy, especially gothic horror films. I think if you're trying too hard to scare the audience, things like character, story and atmosphere tend to get lost in the shuffle
>>
>>67790496
An actually pretty effective horror movie. That ending fucked me up as a kid.
>>
>>67792439
Okay, I agree to some extent with that. I don't like horror films that go out of their way to be filled with jump scares or gore for the sake of gore. A good horror film should creep you out or leave you feeling slightly perturbed for a short while afterward.
>>
>>67792439
To me, "scare" (especially in a horror movie context) means to shake me to my core. To unnerve me and feel unsettled. To me, your definition is probably what I would call shock. But that's just me. Horror movies do scare me because they can make me think frightening thoughts about the world we live in.
>>
>>67787645
>I don't know what ambiguous means
>>
Blair Witch Project
>>
>>67790496
anon I love you, I recommend it every horror thread
>>
File: kairo-smud2[1].png (729 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
kairo-smud2[1].png
729 KB, 1280x800
Kairo (or Pulse)

ignore the garbage American remake, the original is good
>>
>>67792726
Come and See shook me to my core, as did The Act of Killing. Do they count as horror?
>>
what are some good old horror movies
>>
>>67793917
Yes, I don't see why not.
>>
>>67793917

not that poster, but I don't think so. Horror has certain conventions that go along with it as a genre that neither of those have.

that being said, both are super unsettling.
>>
>>67793994

The Innocents
Eyes without a Face
The Haunting
Village of the Damned
>>
>>67793917
No, they're overrated films for pretentious dweebs. Horror tends to be pretty straight forward.
>>
>>67787614
yes this

>>67788935
these too but begotten is not entertaining even though it is a very good film and i would not recommend it for the being of scared
>>
>>67793994
Rosemary's Baby
>>
File: kill_baby_kill.jpg (79 KB, 490x755) Image search: [Google]
kill_baby_kill.jpg
79 KB, 490x755
>>67793994
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.