[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello what are some modern zombie flicks? Nothing obnoxious like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3508x2701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3508x2701
Hello what are some modern zombie flicks? Nothing obnoxious like zombieland
>>
Also something preferably in cities / urban
>>
>>67786904
Zombie land wasn't obnoxious :3 it was cute
>>
There's nothing worth watching.
>>
>>67787000
Zombieland was smug and I don't like the jesse guy starring in it. Also that movie ruined bill murray because now every chav and fratbro thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to say his name
>>
>>67786904
that hammer film was the bridge between our modern conception of zombies and stuff like White Zombie.
>>
>>67787074
>smug
how? it's like you're throwing buzzwords out to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Zombieland was whatever, I'm kinda neutral towards it and I didn't like the cast very much, but it was in no way smug.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x270
>>67786961
I mean something like Apocalypse LA (but good). Y'know, cities
>>
>>67787201
28 days later
>>
>>67786904

28 days later (they're essentially zombies, shut up)
Dawn of the Dead remake
World War Z (surprisingly okay)
>>
>>67787224
>>67787260
Seen both 28 days, liked them. Hated world war z, too Hollywood and silly. No blood, everything is CG, etc. DotD was alright, any other recs? Is [REC] good?
>>
>>67787515
[Rec], the original, is amazing
>>
>>67787580
Ok, I'm going to go watch that. Thanks
>>
28 Days Later is a vampire film.

The zombies move fast under the cover of night, and they bite people to transmit being one of them.

I recommend reading the book I Am Legend for a good vampire treatment. None of the film adaptations have gotten it right, which is a shame.

Zombies are boring. Watching Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, then give up. Even the other Romero films aren't good.
>>
File: rip.jpg (283 KB, 700x380) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
283 KB, 700x380
>>67786904
The battery
The crazies (2010)
Dawn of the dead (2004)
Dance of the dead
Dead snow
Dead snow 2
Doghouse
Deadgirl
Exit humanity
Planet terror

have fun faggot
>>
>>67787146
Since when is smug a buzzword you retard. Sure the movie wasn't smug (although eisenberg is in real life) but using a word incorrectly doesn't make it a buzzword. Cuck is a buzzword.
>>
>>67787763
You're retarded. They are just fast zombies. They move the same whether it's in daylight or not. Just like regular zombies. They kill people and the ones they can't kill sometimes turn as a result biting/scratching/spewing blood at them. Just like regular zombies (minus the spewing blood part and the fact they don't actually seem to feed on people).

They have literally nothing in common with Vampires.
>>
>>67787074
nah senpai that was coffee and cigarettes, but obviously the secret is safe from you, bill murray
>>
>>67787763
>I recommend reading the book I Am Legend for a good vampire treatment. None of the film adaptations have gotten it right, which is a shame.

I felt pretty bad that Matheson died before the book was adapted to film properly. I heard a lot of rumors that out of the few movies based on his story that he truly hated the movie "I am Legend," and was considering taking legal action against the producers. I never did get around to looking that up but I can understand why he would have felt that way.

>>67788108
>The crazies (2010)
Damn I completely forgot about that movie, I meant to watch that, any good?
>>
>>67788784
the crazies is fucking great man
way better than the original desu
>>
>>67788853
>the crazies is fucking great man
Awesome, going to watch it tonight then

>way better than the original desu
I forgot that it was based on another movie, maybe i'll watch both then
>>
>>67786904
Maybe not modern but demons 1 & 2 werw pretty good even though they're not exactly zombie movies. The original dawn of the dead and day of the dead are a must if you haven't already seen them. Some of the italian zombie films are pretty good too like zombie 2 and nightmare city
>>
>>67789000
nah don't bother with the original
you're not missing out on much

>>67789161
italian horror flicks haven't aged very well to be frank
>>
>>67789278
>talian horror flicks haven't aged very well to be frank
Thats true but I enjoy watching some of them
>>
>>67788215
That's why I said "it's like" he's throwing buzzwords. You're right, 'smug' isn't a buzzword but his statement was as utterly nonsensical as when idiot memers use the word 'cuck'.
>>
>>67789372
Yes I agree that it certainly was.
>>
World War Z

Don't watch it.
>>
>>67791648
then why mention it?
>>
>>67791799
Because it isn't exactly obnoxious and it is modern, thus an appropriate answer to the question in the OP.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.