[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God damn how was this film so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Gbirdman.jpg (51 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Gbirdman.jpg
51 KB, 720x405
God damn how was this film so good?
>>
>>67786444
it wasnt

Pretentious muh art oscar bait drivel is as bad as the capeshit it attempts to mock
>>
>>67786444
Batman also grew wings: The movie
Also, nice trips
>>
>>67786516
>>67786586
You probably just didn't get it.
>>
File: tempo.jpg (141 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
tempo.jpg
141 KB, 680x478
>>67786516

this, stopped watching after about 15 minutes
>>
This film was a masterpiece when it comes to chatacters
>>
It simply was, great characters, based Lubezki, GOAT screenplay and a beautiful climax.
>>
>>67786634
Confirmed for not getting it. Cringe.
>>
>>67786634
on a related note, Whiplash was the best film of that year and mostly shunned at le golden man party

fuck holloywood
>>
>>67786516
First post best post
>>
>>67786684
Whiplash was good if you're a redditor. Not saying it's a bad thing, there definitely is a market for that and they cater to it.
>>
>>67786730
>you're a redditor.
>y-you guys just d-don't get Bird of Steel

that's the IƱarritu defense force best argument?
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 500x598
>>67786863
>you will never be this new ever again
>>
>>67786684
whiplash sucked too. unrealistic trash
>>
>>67786656
/thread
>>
>>67786684
>gets three oscars
>waahh Hollywood sux :(
>>
>reddit tier critique in the first act, has no idea who or what to attack
>lol so randumb moments
>second act focusing on Riggan is actually pretty good
>third act is even better achieving sincere feels
>Alejandro 'DUDE LIFE SUX LMAO' IƱarritu fucks his shit up by killing off riggan with a le ambiguous ending

Mixed bag for me but I was so glad it won Best Picture. Oh and I liked the Carver quote at the beginning. Ed's half assed compliment to Emma sum it up perfectly, 'You're like a candle that burns on both ends'.
>>
>>67786444
i get the feeling that the films this fucker makes will never be beyond 3.5 / 4 stars
>>
>>67787182

Edward Norton if perfect in it
>>
>>67786444
They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking scene is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote on this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you plan on voting for Bernie Sanders this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this movie is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this meme is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit movie is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because children and spergs can't get enough meme cuck shitposting you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.

Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit.
>>
File: 1456705199694.jpg (346 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1456705199694.jpg
346 KB, 640x638
>>67787542
>>
>>67786516
Fucking this
Why this pretentious shit won the oscar?
>>
>>67786516
>>67786586
>>67786634
>>67787182
>>67788034
If you really believe this drivel I don't know what the fuck you're doing here, go and comment shit on youtube or something.
>>
birdman? more like tour-de-forced

the virtuosity on display evidently is enough for many to praise this stunt to the sky, but even that virtue isn't all it's cracked up to be: a lot of the performances suffer as the result of the long-take format. keaton's teeth-grinding approach is up and down, and emma stone appears completely lost without the editorial control afforded by traditional cutting. (norton on the other hand is a force of nature and puts everyone else in the cast to shame)
the script is riddled with "punchy" lines that whiff terribly, and the "enigmatic" final shot is a copout (especially frustrating because the film teases us over and over again with faux-suicides).

but mostworst is that the film is a daisy chain of potshots. this is meant to be an "incisive" film but it's more like a manic stabbing at an empty pillowcase with a butterknife. what exactly is this film's perspective, besides the fact that everyone and everything is riddled with bullshit? the only truth "birdman" actually clarifies is that inarritu's purview is hopelessly jaundiced and pathetic. this junk isn't really inside riggan thompson's head (despite the gimmick-laden scenes of "introspection"), it's just underneath his wig. a simpleminded piece of unenjoyable trash whose countless shortcomings are masked by competent execution of choices made in the pre-production process, and in some ways one of 2014s worst releases.
>>
>>67788112
Stale and already proven wrong several times pasta
>>
It's good, but really is too up it's own ass. So many masturbatory diversions that have no real place in the story other than for Innarritu to show how strongly he feels about something.
Ed Norton was great, so were most of the cast really.
But Boyhood should have unironically won best picture. As much as autists like to shit on it for being filmed over 12 years, it's actually a lot more powerful and moving than Birdman, which I think is what makes a great movie.
Whiplash was good too, but didn't have enough substance to justify it winning best picture. Feel free to disagree but if anyone tries to use meme language the argument is literally void. I don't want to actually have an angry argument about this, surely there's still a chance of discussion on this board?
>>
Why is it that everytime someone makes a thread on Birdman such thread is received by the very same, uhm, insightful and brilliant commentaries? The posts even seem to follow the same procedure, sometimes pursuing to attack the thing the film itself is criticising. No offense though, keep it coming. It's kind of beautiful, really.
>>
>>67786634
BEST FILM 2O14
>>
>>67788910
That's only the >reddit spouting idiots, which there are unfortunately a lot of here
>>
File: 1456897174447.jpg (32 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1456897174447.jpg
32 KB, 279x229
>>67786444

It's the quinessential anti-capeshit movie.
>>
>>67787542
dude,chill
>>
File: 1459105058399.jpg (103 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1459105058399.jpg
103 KB, 540x720
>>67787542

Someone's been on 4chan too long.
>>
>>67786516
/thread
>>
>>67786946
>he watches films for realism
How fucking pleb are you
>>
>>67786516
You keep saying pretentious but I don't think you get what it means
>>
>>67786516
How the fuck is it pretentious?
>>
A film that's anti-capeshit and /tv/ hates it

You literally can't please anyone here
>>
>>67786516
>movie shits all over critics
>it''s oscar bait I tell you
>>
>>67788175
Show us
>>
File: 2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg (64 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg
64 KB, 480x600
>>67789542

It's because secretly /tv/ loves capeshit, it appeals to their inner le hipster redditor
>>
>>67789542
>anti-capeshit
Learn your movies
>>
>>67786656
This. This board is full of edgelords.
>>
I really wish it didn't win the oscar so we could still like it. Oh well.
>>
It smells like balls in here.
>>
>>67786656
>based Lubezki
I can't stop laughing. At least you didn't call him chivo like the other letterape movie buffs
Disgusting review however
>>
>>67789502
Not even him but, and actually try to understand this, you know when you see someone's face and just know they are a smug, self - obsessed bastard? Birdman has the same effect. It's a good movie but it really tries very hard to let everyone know how smart it is, e.g. the opening title with the quote popping in, the dream sequence with the superheroes and the part where Birdman goes on a rant about superhero movies. I wouldn't mind if these same things had been done in a more subtle way, but Inarritu literally shoves your face in it too often and overextends himself with all the "deep" scenes. And I think it's fair to put the word in parentheses because the movie is essentially a vehicle for Inarritu to talk about how he thinks cinema is dying, he's not exactly breaking new ground with that idea
>>
>>67786444
That was the best movie scene.
>>
>>67788733
Boyhood shouldn't have won, it could have gotten the most backlash of the three.

The Grand Budapest Hotel however, would have been a consensus winner however
>>
>>67789796
Following some new suggestions:
>based Emmanuel
>baseado mi compadre "El tivo"
>based pendejo
>based once again fuck the gringoes
>>
>>67788733
>it's actually a lot more powerful and moving than Birdman
It was like watching a bad Lifetime movie at times
>time periods are marked by the most obnoxious music choices
>husband suddenly becomes a violent alcoholic for no reason
>hey Boyhood's mother, remember me, I'm that spic you inspired and now I'm a waiter
>dude weed lmao ending
>>
>>67789937
As in Backlash from /tv/? If so then you're right, but I wouldn't really mind too much, wouldn't hurt the movie at all.
True, Grand Budapest probably would've sat well here, probably just because it wasn't really in the running. Was a fun movie though
>>67790041
Hey, that's like, your opinion, man.
If you didn't get the same experience from it that's fine, everyone likes different shit. Enough of it resounded with me to let me overlook most of its flaws
>>
>Birdman is anti-capeshit

Birdman is anti-everything.

The movie openly criticizes Riggan for every life choice he makes because he's a stupid asshole.
>>
>>67790161
The one thing the film criticised is how deeply the characters are moved by their egos more than, superficially putting it, by what they mean through art or whatever. It's about what's within anyone. There's a single scene in which Riggan is not as much as a stupid asshole as any of us can be or already is.
>>
>>67790161
Inarritu is vehemently anti-capeshit but it's kind of funny since Birdman makes fun of pretentious snobs like him who hate popular shit
>>
>>67787542
damn, this pasta is fresh

imported direct from the Tuscan hillside
>>
>muh pretentious
>they talk fast and make points and there's no gunfights or explosions
>>
>>67790389
now I want Italian pasta for dinner tomorrow anon >:(
>>
>babby's frist one take movie
>>
>>67790455
>literally describing every screwball there is and also Gilmore Girls
>>
>>67790455
Really great post
You managed to use "muh" and assume all people who think it's pretentious are lowest common denominator action obsessed mongoloids, and all in just two lines!
Truly, we are dealing with a human of superior intellect here everyone, stand back!
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.