[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this a government protest in cinematic form?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 12
File: daisies.jpg (209 KB, 780x589) Image search: [Google]
daisies.jpg
209 KB, 780x589
Was this a government protest in cinematic form?
>>
Yes, but more importantly it was cute
>>
I posted about this film a few weeks ago when I had first seen it and was looking for similar films, and someone suggested Pierrot Le Fou by Godard. I just wanted to thank that person for the recommendation. It was superb and just what I was looking for.

If you liked Daisies, OP, you should check it out.
>>
Every wacky soviet movie is called government protest,
>>
File: ems3_daisies2.jpg (104 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
ems3_daisies2.jpg
104 KB, 500x380
>>67782510
>Soviet
The thing about Czechs is that they combine German quality with Slav weirdness
>>
How hairy were they though?
>>
>>67782877
They had shaved pits
>>
>>67782877
Couldn't see much on the 720p rip
>>
>>67782452
how are these similar though? Godard's French Wave films aren't anywhere near as experimental and nonlinear as Dasies
>>
>>67783089
It wasn't similar in form or technique but it was similar in attitude, which was what I was looking for.
>>
>>67782979
What the fuck, how? They always have hairy pits and legs in most of the European movies of the time, especially Eastern.
>>
>>67783330
I believe they were models, so they were most likely required to shave.
>>
>>67783180
I'm actually curious, please explain further
>>
File: Sophia Loren pits (BC).jpg (46 KB, 592x743) Image search: [Google]
Sophia Loren pits (BC).jpg
46 KB, 592x743
>>67783601
Not even Sophia Loren shaved in those times.
>>
>>67783676
Both films have a sense of unapologetic frivolity to them. They openly criticize the Vietnam war and have the main characters disregard society and what it expects of them. They're both a form of rebellion through an absurdist lens.
>>
File: 2723-SophiaLoren PITS.jpg (92 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
2723-SophiaLoren PITS.jpg
92 KB, 512x640
>>67783782
>>
File: czechem.jpg (912 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
czechem.jpg
912 KB, 1280x960
best girl bump

also, czech em
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.