[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God, this was terrible.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: man of steel.jpg (133 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.jpg
133 KB, 600x857
God, this was terrible.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>67781947
>>
File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1380
Wasn't so bad.
>>
>believing in god
jesus christ
>>
>>67782058
Y..yah guys
Not s..s..(sobs). Ahguu why the fuck am I so shit senpai???
>>
>>67781947
Was fucking amazing. Was it too complicated for you?
>>
File: 1459627413798.jpg (22 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
1459627413798.jpg
22 KB, 548x398
>>67783056
Fuck off Snyder. Ben didn't deserved this
>>
>>67781947
Name ONE reason why it was bad other than 'muh comics'
>>
>>67781947
Was the piss jar's scene a methaphor about DC cucks and BvS?
>>
>>67784240
Spends an hour showing Superman being trained by his dad to literally put himself first. Has his dad get killed by a fucking tornado while Superman watches like a retard. Makes the first half of the movie about a Superhero who literally doesn't wear a mask sacrificing his dad to protect his identity. Turns Superman into a desaturated broody dipshit space alien who is basically manipulated into begrudgingly becoming a hero.
>>
>>67784310
yep it's symbolism that DCfags will suck down anything (even a jar of piss) as long as you label it something else (like BvS)
>>
>>67782041
Why did you post your facebook profile picture?
>>
>>67785604

So the movie was bad because you're too stupid to interpret it correctly? This post represents why I actually think less of people who disliked Man of Steel. What a retard.
>>
>>67784240
Because its a superman movie
>>
It made Returns a good movie. That fucking Lex
>>
STOP SON
>>
>>67785604
So basically you didn't like it because it wasn't like muh comics?
>>
>>67785673
Nice response reddit. DAE love ad hominem?!?!

Name ONE reason why what I said is incorrect mewling faggot.
>>
>>67785673
And this pretentious post that actually has no substance or argument behind it is the perfect metaphor for why I hate Man of Steel.
>>
I was thinking about watching it just because of Antje
>>
>>67785775

How could you possibly be dumb enough to think Clark was being taught to put himself first? He was being taught that he would eventually become Superman and his choices would affect not just a bus full of kids or his father but the entire course of history. It was about the big picture. Stupid cunt.
>>
>>67785775
Because the original challenge was to give a reason why you didn't like it other than MUH COMICS. You basically just explained how you didn't like it because it didn't conform to your pre-conceived notion of the character
>>
>>67781947

i dug the beginning. the opening segment or prologue that didn't seem at all like a Superman movie but a kinetic sci-fi movie the likes we don't get often. and then it became a dumb ass comic book movie. ugh. cool visuals at times but it did stink. Russel Crowe was the best thing about it. the Kevin Costner tornado scene was beyond stupid, even for a comic book movie.
>>
>>67785673
What are you top 20 films of all time?
You have 200+ posts to answer this time
>>
>>67785731
>So basically you didn't like it because it wasn't like muh comics?
Not sure if you were aware of this, but it's a movie about an overwhelmingly famous comicbook character that wears tights and does hero shit. Making him grimdark and brooding isn't bad because muh comics (hello 90's superman), it's bad because it's vapid, self-important, and lacks any semblance of self-awareness. It's capeshit in denial.

It's bad because the story presented, without absolutely any context from the comics, is still fucking retarded and dull. And all the attempts at the 3edgy grimdark shit in the first half is completely subverted by the retarded, cartoony cgi videogame fighting in the last act.
>>
>get upset in the MoS thread
>make this thread
nice meme kid
>>
>>67785604

>Spends an hour showing Superman being trained by his dad to literally put himself first.

you're an idiot. his dad teaches him to put the good of humanity, AS A WHOLE, first. By concealing his identity he stops a worldwide cultural and religious shock.

Also, Zod comes down to earth and calls him out. His choices were either give himself over to Zod or let everyone on Earth die. He literally acted in the best interest of humanity.

How does it feel to be so stupid that you can't even understand a movie based on a picture book for children?
>>
>>67785922
>Someone listing their favorite films will somehow affect the fact that you objectively misinterpreted a movie, and in such a way that it reflects either stupidity or pretend stupidity, aka trolling
>>
>>67785849
Because when asked whether or not he should save children, his father responded with ambiguity. This is not how you raise a superhero.
>>
>>67785960
God damn, the insufferable personality that produces "opinions" like this. I genuinely feel bad for you.
>>
the first act is solid, rest of the movie is bad. amazing compared to batman v superman. any other opinion is incorrect.
>>
>>67786043
>any other opinion is incorrect.

kill yourself fampai
>>
>>67785673
Explain what the codex is and what makes it unique compared to a scout ship genesis chamber?
Jor-el and Zod risked their lives for this single item.

How did Jor-el know that Kal would stumble onto a scout ship lost for thousands of years and would have either a use for the codex or understand it's significance.

This is a major part of the plot and it makes no sense. Please stop insisting that the movie is deep. The only thing deep about the movie is the mass grave it prepared for BvS and Suicide Squad.

Enjoy your reshoots.
>>
>>67786027

Spoken like a fucking idiot manchild who enjoys Sunday morning cartoon notions of morality. Get back to us in 10 or 15 years.
>>
>>67786033
Irony.
>>
>>67785604
Yet, all of this makes perfect sense. Clark is clearly conscious that his dad gave his life to protect him, like any father would do for his son. It does not matter if you know that your son is indestructible, you will act like a normal father.

He was also right about the world not being ready for Superman, and the background in BvS proves that.
>>
>>67781947
Lol. Fuck you, pleb.
>>
File: tryhard.jpg (163 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
tryhard.jpg
163 KB, 1024x759
>>67785890
>you didn't like it because it didn't conform to your pre-conceived notion of the character
No I didn't like it because it was fucking stupid, regardless of the character. Nobody wants to see a broody space alien reluctantly become space savior of humanity because Russel Crowe's computer ghost told him he was inexplicably "destined" to provide "hope" to some random planet for reasons. It's fedora-tipping /r/iamverysmart edgy nonsense about cartoon space aliens punching each other through buildings.
>>
>>67785988
>By concealing his identity he stops a worldwide cultural and religious shock.
And then BvS happened. With that exact same theme.

It even happens by the end of MoS.
>>
>>67786070
nice rebuttal, very well argued.
>>
>>67786085

It's not irony, anyone who uses the term grimdark is a brainwashed subhuman. You've browsed so much 4chan that you actually believe enjoying childish material makes you paradoxically mature, because that's where 4chan's contrarian pendulum is currently swung. You're literally brainwashed by shitposters on a dumb image board. I mean you even mentioned "desaturated" and "broody." You're basically a caricature.
>>
File: Kino.jpg (83 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
83 KB, 640x326
>>67786070
>T-take that Marveldrone!
>>
>>67786027
>This is not how you raise a superhero
He tried to raise him as his son, not as a superhero.
>>
>>67786133

and they're still dealing with the repercussions of it throughout BvS.

Shit, this isn't fucking brain surgery.
>>
>>67786070
Well it is a comic book movie. It's very strange to me that you're so invested in defending a movie if you have so little respect for the source material it comes from. All of the themes and ideas presented in Man of Steel can be found in films that have nothing to do with superheroes, often penned by much more competent screenwriters. So yes, when I go see a comic book movie, I expect it to feel like a comic book. If I wanted to watch a dark and moody exploration of the human condition, I can get that without paying to see a bad actor wear a cape and shoot lasers out of his eyes.
>>
>>67786096
>It does not matter if you know that your son is indestructible, you will act like a normal father.
Why not act like a normal fucking person and spend that time getting into your fucking truck instead of making a retarded stop gesture while you wait for a tornado to eat you?

>>67786033
I don't think about you at all. Solid argument in favor of that cartoon movie you're supposed to be defending though.
>>
>>67786168
So basically it was all for naught.
>>
>>67786168
>and they're still dealing with the repercussions of it throughout BvS.
I must have missed that when the government was doing fuck all about anything he was doing and building monuments to him and not the soldiers that died trying to stop Zod.
>>
>>67786027

>the world would literally lose it's shit if people knew who you are and what you're capable of, so don't do that.
>ambiguity

are you trying to be obtuse or are you just that dumb?
>>
>>67786110

>fedora
>edgy
>grimdark
>desaturated
>reddit
>broody
>self-important
>pretentious
>takes itself too seriously

I could scroll up and find more. It's really funny how many buzzwords this very specific type of person resorts to over the course of an "argument." It'd be really, really sad if I were dumb enough to fall for this type of shit. I imagine there's some very deep insecurity that causes you to react so defensively and irrationally in response to anything with artistic merit. Maybe you see the entire movie as a condescension toward you and the fact that you still watch cartoons into adulthood.
>>
I don't mind someone disliking Man of Steel
I have an issue with them thinking any marvel shit fest is better

Disliking all Capeshit is at least a respectable opinion but thinking this is somehow worse than iron man is just a fucking joke
>>
>>67785990
Still waiting
>>
>>67786209
What about that satellite they have spying on him that he destroys, then?
>>
>>67786096
No, it doesn't make sense, because Clark's dad sacrifice was completely needless. It was an utterly pointless act. Clark could have saved the dog without showing any display of superhuman ability. All his dad did was throw away his life and leave Clark without a father figure, as shown by BvS.

>>67785988
>>67785849
>his dad was a-actually worried about humanity when he told him to let kids drown! he's a social scientist!

If this was Snyder's intention, why did he have Clark's mom tell him that he should do nothing and that he doesn't owe humanity anything?
>>
>>67786096
>it does not matter if you know that your son is indestructible...

Oh, it matters a lot actually. He basically gave up any right to be a good father. He isn't around any more to teach Clark, protect and provide for his family, or be anuything for his family but a tragic memory. And for what? the possibility of his son being found out when there were several ways potentially that Clark could have saved him and kept his secret. Pa Kent a shit. And don't bring up BVS. if a film can't tell a story completely and must rely on a sequel to fix its problems, its a shit film
>>
>>67786187

It isn't a cartoon movie, that's why you're crying about it, remember? They took Superman and placed him in a real world with real moral dilemmas with consequences, which is what caused you to shitpost this cringeworthy list of buzzwords and more over the course of a few minutes:

>fedora
>edgy
>grimdark
>desaturated
>reddit
>broody
>self-important
>pretentious
>takes itself too seriously
>>
>the symbolism in Man of Steel was so cliched and hamfisted
>Well I don't know, using Plato's Republic is a pretty interesting approach
>huuhh??? DID YOU SEE SUPERMAN SIT IN FRONT OF A CHURCH WINDOW!!!! HACK
>>
It's shit
>>
>>67786148
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that someone raised by Clark's dad wouldn't become a superhero. He teaches practicality over heroism. Cynicism over hope.
>>
>only made 15 million yesterday

KEK
>>
>>67786148
He did a shit job at that too apparently.
>>
>>67786276

>If this was Snyder's intention

Jonathan Kent literally explains it while Clark is sitting on the back of a pickup truck, you imbecile. I think every scene Jonathan Kent is in except the one where he dies he talks about Superman's impact on the world. Holy fuck you're dense. Did you even watch the movie you're currently bawling your eyes out about? Kill yourself.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (45 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
45 KB, 853x353
>>67784240
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON...DON'T GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY JUST LET ME DIE
>>
>>67786201

yes, but that isn't superman's fault. Zod set things into motion. Also, a superman movie without superman would be pretty boring, no?

>>67786209

They tried to involve him in senate hearings. What they fuck else are they supposed to do about?

>building monuments to him and not the soldiers that died trying to stop Zod.

First off, Superman killed Zod, not the soldiers. Secondly, the government isn't a fucking hivemind. There are probably many government officials that like Superman. I mean, they establish that humanity is still split on how Superman is viewed. Some view him as a omnipotent christ figure and others view him as an extraterrestrial threat capable of large scale destruction. both viewpoints are valid in a sense and it's ultimately up to the character (superman) to define his legacy.
>>
>>67784240
Kent's reasoning for Superman to let people die instead of saving them was pants on head retarded
>>
>Bunch of Mos defender retard shows up on autism awareness day

IF THIS ISN'T POTTERY THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS
>>
>>67786256
>destroys drone
>threatens general
>government does shit against him and there is never even any investigation
>only time government steps in is for punching a black man through a wall
I'm so glad Pa Kent died to prevent Superman from having a major impact on the world.
>>
>>67786276

>If this was Snyder's intention, why did he have Clark's mom tell him that he should do nothing and that he doesn't owe humanity anything?

his father taught him to act in the best interests of the collective

say that you're superman. Zod comes down and gives you two options

>turn yourself over
>let humanity die

keeping in mind the lesson your father taught you, what do you do?
>>
>>67786067
If you search for plotholes in a capeshit movie, you're going to find loads of them. Man of Steel wasn't meant to be an oscar winner, and nobody is implying it is deep in that sense. But you compare it to one of the Marvel movies, the theme of Superman having to choose between his ancestral world and the one that raised him is very deep for a superhero movie. And the movie sets this theme up the whole way through and executes through the end, where Superman chooses Earth and in doing so has to render his race extinct. But, the movie doesn't forget what it is. The focus is never on a tightly wrapped plot, it is on making an action-packed movie with a tangible theme, and some feels mixed in. This is exactly what it is. If you want to nitpick, you must not enjoy any capeshit movie. Which is a valid opinion, but if this is how you feel, why post in a thread about a specific capeshit movie? PIGFUCK
>>
>>67786375

>"MoS defenders" are demolishing drooling shitposters in every single argument

If you don't agree with the "MoS defenders" by this point then you have an agenda against a movie, which would be an actual indication of the mental disease you're referencing.
>>
>>67786365
>>67786338
Yeah, Kent was wrong. This is addressed in the movie
>>
>>67784240
>Jor El: You can save them all Kal!
>Zod murders several city blocks in the next scene
>No one discusses the consequences of that for another 3 years, in another movie. Clark never discusses it.
Great job there.
>>
>>67786355
>Also, a superman movie without superman would be pretty boring, no?
Well yes, but rather than preparing his son for the backlash, Jonathan pretty much tells him to choose for himself, with no one telling him what is right and wrong.

Which makes sense from the point of view of a father dealing with a superpowered son. But not so much when the values he taught his son in the comics lead to Clark becoming Superman.
>>
>>67786403
>snyder's kent taught superman to act in the bests interests of the collective

Deleted scene?
>>
>>67786426
No, it's not. The discussion of saving the bus is. His feelings on his father dying are not.
>>
>>67786219
Ambiguity in the sense that he literally responded with a wishy-washy "maybe" to Clark's question. And that is still a terrible lesson to teach your son. He should have taught his son that the world would eventually accept and love him if he is the kind of person who saves innocents from harm, which is exactly what happened in BvS by the way. The idea that the world "lost its shit" in that movie is laughable. Most people supported Superman.
The government built monuments, the Daily Planet loved him, people literally worshipped him. The was very little of the backlash his dad predicted.
>>
>>67786462

no, it was implied in his speech after the bus accident but you're to fucking stupid to get it.
>>
>>67781947
the trailer looked very good. The film was absolute trash. There was nothing enjoyable in it, story is boring, acting sucked, it's just not interesting at all fucking shit it's compelety dull.
You've got to be braindead to enjoy this. Nothing happens in 2 hours.
>>
>>67786420
>triggered autist

take out snyders cock from your mouth maybe your autism gets cured
>>
>>67786327
Like most parents to be honest
>>
>>67786335
>>67786403

That's not an answer to my question. If Snyder's intention was for him to "act in the best interests of the collective", why did he literally have Clark's mom echo the sentiment that he owes humanity nothing?
>>
>>67781947
Pa Kent faking his death was the best part of the movie
>>
>>67786403
No, he taught him to be objectivist: The only moral way to act in this world is in your own self-interest.

Don't reveal your powers if it endangers you. Don't save me if it's not benefiting you. Drown the next door neighbor's farm if it saves yours. The only way to find happiness is in your own family, not in helping strangers.

Snyder isn't trying to be dour, he honestly believes this shit is inspirational.
>>
>>67786488

There's nothing to even get, is there? Doesn't he almost literally say it's for the collective good and for the entire planet? Everyone who dislikes or criticizes this movie is actually brain damaged or didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>67786473
> love him if he is the kind of person who saves innocents from harm, which is exactly what happened in BvS by the way.

Except for Batman, Lex, a bunch of Senators, and all the people seen protesting against Superman. And that's only counting people involved in the plot/show on camera.
>>
>>67786289
>It isn't a cartoon movie, that's why you're crying about it, remember?
No I don't remember that. Nice strawman, retard. It is overwhelmingly a cartoon movie, pretending not to be for the first hour doesn't change that.
>They took Superman and placed him in a real world
kek
>with real moral dilemmas with consequences
ham fisted attempts at creating moral dilemmas because they were trying to give superman the TDK treatment, but gave it to a shallow tryhard dipshit.
>which is what caused you to shitpost this cringeworthy list of buzzwords
cringeworthy is a buzzword m8. All my "buzzwords" accurately represent the tone of the movie, but the only thing cringeworthy here is your desperate attempt to shill for a misfire of a movie. Really nailing this whole "defending the movie" thing by attacking me though.
>>
>>67786276
>It was an utterly pointless act. Clark could have saved the dog without showing any display of superhuman ability. All his dad did was throw away his life and leave Clark without a father figure, as shown by BvS.

Clark had a father figure, he even misses him (BvS).

He could not save the dog without showing his powers and he already showed other times, like saving the kids in the schoolbus. So, his father wanted him to stop.
>>
>>67786418
You know one of the most significant pieces of evidence for a poorly constructed film is when viewers latch onto plot holes to try understand why they disliked a film. It really has nothing to do with the plot holes but to do with the story telling and construction of the film as a whole that leaves a viewer dissatisfied and upset with the film. If the character of Superman had been more interesting and engaging, if the story had been more impactful,touching,endearing, anything, we would see less attacks on the plot bc the audience's attention would be transfixed elsewhere. For a lot of people, this film just didn't work tonally or story-wise and there's good reason for that.
>>
>>67786514
You seem to be shamelessly twisting shit around or unaware that characters in movies don't speak as reflections of what the director wants Superman to be. Clark's dad had an opinion. Maybe Clark's mom had a different opinion. Maybe Clark's mom changed her opinion. Your argument is called a non-sequitur. It's exactly the same as saying "If Jonathan Kent was looking out for the Earth as a whole, then why are bananas yellow?" That is EXACTLY how logical your argument is. Think on how stupid you are, then fuck off.
>>
>>67784240
The dog is in the car barking in the tornado. The dog that's like a part of the family. Oh no, better run from the tornado! Better shut the doors behind us and lock the barking dog in the car. Oh shit, we forgot the dog! Better go back.

And that's how his dad dies. They shut the doors on a barking dog and left him to die in a tornado. Fuck me.
>>
>>67786542
>Everyone who dislikes or criticizes this movie is actually brain damaged

You sound like a very reasonable adult whose opinions I should both value and respect.
>>
>>67786488
>you shouldn't do anything
>if you do something its against the greater/collective good

stellar logic
>>
they should have made MOS a short film. Would have been GOAT.

Also Cavill annoys me, he cant fucking act. I like him but i cant take him seriously as an actor in action or drama movies. He should just do some romantic comedies where he just needs to be himself and look good.
>>
>>67786567
Also the "scenes" of him saving people are literally 10 second shots. Don't think you could have made an action scene / character moment / dialogue / ANYTHING out of one of your main characters saving people Snyder?
>>
>>67784240
Why the fuck didn't Sups dad just give Zod the fucking crystal skull and tell him to sod off and colonize another planet

Why the fuck did he put the skull inside baby Man of Slaughter

WHY?????
>>
>>67781947
NEWS FLASH
TERRIBLE MOVIE FROM 2013 IS STILL TERRIBLE
MORE AT 11
>>
>>67786619
well, zach snyder did start off directing music videos.

Maybe he should just go back to that and stay there.
>>
>>67786631
I wont even answer these dumb questions
>>
>>67786631
Did you watch the movie?
>>
>>67786567
Yeah, that's my point. The negative backlash against Superman was heavily glossed over in order to rush into the fight between Batman, the conflict against Doomsday, and showing us Batman's backstory once again. Showing a bunch of hipsters with anti-alien tattoos in completely underplayed by scenes of him being religiously revered by Mexicans and having literal monuments built in his honor.
>>
>>67786589

That can also be an indication that the viewer subject of your post is an idiot, which you are. You all are.

>>67786606

Stop proving me correct then.
>>
File: MoS_5345345434.jpg (180 KB, 1919x802) Image search: [Google]
MoS_5345345434.jpg
180 KB, 1919x802
>>67786467
>No, it's not.
>>
>>67786589
If they didn't like the tone of the movie, or felt it didn't engage them, fine. If he had said that, I wouldn't have replied to his post, because everybody can have an opinion, and MoS may not be everyone's cup of tea. But there's no need to defend dumbasses that can't even articulate why they don't like a movie and still shitpost about it, even if you agree with their larger point.
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 3600x3600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 3600x3600
Why would anyone consciously choose Hack fucking Snyder's adolescent capeshit as the thing they want to defend on the internet? Like holy fuck how low can you sink?
>>
>>67786670
Fucking retards Criticising the movie with few valid points
>>
>>67786535

god damn you are stupid.

>Drown the next door neighbor's farm if it saves yours.

that's not at all what he was conveying that scene. he was illustrating the bad things that can happen even if you're acting with good intentions.

>>67786542

yes he does, and i'm sure most of these people would understand that if they watched the scene again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHVo5qwJ9Ko
>>
>people actually pretend to enjoy Snyder's tripe in order to not be "reddit"
/tv/ users are beyond pathetic.
>>
>>67786239
this, it's pretty funny actually.
>>
Cause all of PA Kent's "wisdom" are all fucked and has no purpose and out fucks over humanity than saves it.

The editing was poorly done but nowhere near as bad as BvS.

The action scenes were good in some parts and then completely non sensical in others cause of the editing

Louis Lane is only purpose is to move the plot.

Cavil's acting is serviceable. That's it. Nothing rememberable.

The rest of the film is more or less just mediocre.

>>67786669
He should go back
>>
>>67786542
He says that he told his son to keep his powers secret because when the world finds out its going to change things for the world. That maybe he should have let them die.
That people fear what they don't understand. Just like his schoolmate mother was afraid.
That he is not from this world, that he believes Clark was sent for a reason, and that he will have to make a choice. The choice to stand tall or to hide forever.
And that whatever the reason he was sent for, he has to find for himself.
>>
>>67786584
>He could not save the dog without showing his powers and he already showed other times

Horseshit. If it was impossible to save the dog without superpowers, why did his dad attempt to do it at all? He doesn't have superpowers, yet he clearly thought he could make it back in time. In fact, he almost did before injuring his leg. There was no reason not to simply let Clark do it in the first place.

You're comparing walking to a car and opening a door, to lifting a drowning bus out of the water. Do you seriously not see the difference? And doesn't the fact that he used his powers to save the bus and literally nothing happened completely undercut Kent's point anyway?
>>
>>67786601
There has to be a reason for leaving the dog in the car, right?
>>
>>67786700
zach snyder appeals to a very small demographic of pseduointellectual teenagers.
>>
>>67781947
The film is pretty forgettable other than STOP INVINCIBLE SON and the muder part
>>
>>67786774
To leave material belongings behind, because if you do not, these will weigh you down.
>>
File: Sentry.jpg (225 KB, 694x694) Image search: [Google]
Sentry.jpg
225 KB, 694x694
Zack just got confused, he was told to make a Superman movie but he occidentally made a Sentry movie

But then he was to embarrassed to admit it and now he has to keep making them
>>
>>67786669
he made 300, one of the best recent peplum.
I will forever respect him for that. Also MOS looks good quite often. It's just the story and pacing that is awful.
>>
>>67786833
So you saw 300 when you were 12.

To adults, it was shit.
>>
>>67786769

To account for the possibility that something would go wrong and Clark would have to use his powers. This doesn't actually matter, you see. The scene was written such that this is how the pivotal moment in Clark's story was presented. This is how it occurred. It doesn't fucking matter if you think the HUMAN CHARACTER in the movie acted irrationally or made a mistake. What matters is the fact that Clark's dad acts heroically, that he unflinchingly moves to help others and to rescue even something part of another species. And that Clark makes the hardest decision of his life -- to place trust in his father's beliefs, even if it means watching him die. The actual events don't fucking matter, you dense cunt.
>>
>>67786799
But then Pa Kent goes back for it and dies. What the fuck?
>>
>>67786833
> best recent peplum
... its only in the top 5 because there's only been about 7.
>>
>>67786597
>Clark's dad had an opinion. Maybe Clark's mom had a different opinion. Maybe Clark's mom changed her opinion.

So, is that your argument?

I'm asking you to provide an argument here.

These aren't real people, they are characters and their lines are written the way they are for a reason. So I ask you again, if Snyder wanted to get across the idea that Superman was raised to believe that letting people die is acceptable if saving them will totally freak people out, then why did he write the mother the way he did in the sequel? Why would one of the people most responsible for who Superman is as a man tell him that he owes people nothing?

One possible explanation of course is that this is exactly what Kent was suggesting in Man of Steel, and all your talk of collective good is pulled directly out of your ass.
>>
This was just like BvS a film with moments but nothing more
>>
Literally had a headache leaving the theater.
>>
>>67786761
>Cause all of PA Kent's "wisdom" are all fucked and has no purpose and out fucks over humanity than saves it.

Dude, He doesn not know what a superhero is. He just knows that his son has abilities and if anyone finds out, people will freak out, hard.

You seriously don`t understand his actions?

I mean, it's ok if you don't agree, but the character wasn't writen badly.
>>
>>67786898
Well he teaches by example.
>>
>>67786926

You're asking someone to respond to a non-sequitur. If you're not retarded, then why are grapes small? Checkmate.
>>
>>67786926

>Pa Kent: you have to make a choice
>Ma Kent: you owe us nothing. it's up to you.

how exactly are those different?
>>
This is one of the worst movies ever. it's literally an excuse to have multiple invincible characters punch each other for 30 minutes, destroying the whole town in the process.
>>
>>67786893
You do realize the movie was written by people, right? It's not a record of history. It's not a glimpse into an alternate reality. its a narrative. In a narrative, building a plot around "people act stupid" is convenient and lazy.
>>
>>67786893
>To account for the possibility that something would go wrong and Clark would have to use his powers

And? Have a bunch of farmers witness him?

Who gives a shit, you can go on youtube this instant and find thousands of "witnesses" saying they saw everything from the Loch Ness monster smoking a bong with Adolph Hitler to aliens having orgies with werewolves in parallel dimensions

Nobody cares, and nobody would care a bunch of farmers saying they saw a kid flying
>>
>>67786239
This. i actually agree.
>>
>>67786687
>Stop proving me correct then.

I'm not sure why you have such a high opinion of yourself, but someone going, "You're dumb, you're dumb! I'm right and you're dumb!" doesn't exactly endure people to taking your arguments seriously. You're acting childish, and making defenders of the movie look childish by extension.
>>
>>67786947
this
>>
>>67786953
>my son, you are invincible, there is no reason for you to be afraid of anything
>now be afraid of everything

Father of the fucking century.
>>
>>67786992
You have to remember that snyder rides a giant glowing blue watchmen dildo every day. So his thinking was that if superman was discovered during the cold war, the result would be watchmen.

Yes, zach snyder is a diagnosable retard.
>>
Has anyone got that picture of Superman holding Zod pre-neck snap with that psychotic grin on his face?
>>
>>67786988

It's not convenient and lazy. It would have taken no additional effort for them to write it slightly differently such that it would satisfy a subhuman like you. They could have made the distance to the car longer. They could have made the tornado closer. They could have made it so that there were two groups of people to help and Clark had to choose between them and his dad, as he could only make it to his dad by using his powers. "People act stupid" is realistic, it's not convenient and lazy. How fucking retarded are you?

>>67786992

It would be the second account of Clark doing something impossible in a small town. No one cares what you think would happen, it's what Clark's dad feared, not what you feared while watching a fucking movie.
>>
>>67786418
>If you search for plotholes in a capeshit movie
This is the central point in the first and last parts of the film. The sole motivation for the main villain.
This isn't a fucking plot hole problem. If you're defending a problem of this severity in the very basis of the plot, then you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>67786953
But why would they freak out over a kid saving millions? And scaring his kid to the point of saying humanity should die while he watches just cause people might freak out over his powers is silly.
>>
>>67787093
You do realize the entire scene is built around LOCKING A BARKING DOG IN A CAR AND RUNNING AWAY FROM IT, right?
>>
>>67787093
>people act stupid is realistic

The problem is when you're constructing a narrative, it becomes the easiest way to go from one point to another.
>>
>>67787042
Yet, people teach their children that they can do anything in the world with a smiled on their faces but at the same time, that the world is a horrible dangerous place.
>>
>>67787134
No, the point of the scene is for Clark to have an unresolved argument with his father.

The dog is a plot device to make that happen.
>>
>>67787134

Yes, they accidentally leave the dog in the car because they transition immediately from a heated argument into witnessing a deadly tornado. What's the issue here? You're going to shamelessly continue crying that people act like people in this movie? Embarrassing.
>>
>>67787106

that's not at fucking all what he said

he said act in the interest of the collective.

is a bus full of children worth the cultural and religious well-being of the entire planet?

maybe not, and that's exactly what his dad said.

but when Zod comes down and calls him out, the cat is kinda out of the bag already. and superman acts in the best interests of the collective.

for fuck sake how do you not get this>?
>>
>>67787093
>It would be the second account of Clark doing something impossible in a small town

Negro ever hear of MOTHER FUCKING ROSWELL????

The Arizona Lights???

The Battle of LA???

The Washington Lights???

Does the world belive that aliens exist because of the dozens of books, movies, shows etc that have thousands upon thousands of "witnesses" testifying they were anally probed?

No, nobody gives a shit.
>>
STOP
>>
>>67786893
>To account for the possibility

So he's cynical and paranoid, and my problem with Man of Steel is that I don't believe that Superman would actually become a hero when raised by man who thinks like this. I do not buy the character that Superman becomes later in the film, because it feels completely incongruous with how he was shown to be raised in the beginning.

>It doesn't fucking matter if you think the HUMAN CHARACTER in the movie acted irrationally or made a mistake.

Of course it does. If characters just walk around acting irrationally, then it's probably not a very good movie. If you can't write your characters into conflict without them acting like retards, you probably aren't a very good writer.

>What matters is the fact that Clark's dad acts heroically

There was nothing heroic about his actions. Throwing your life away needlessly isn't heroic. Sacrificing your life to save another can be heroic, but the scene would have had to have been constructed completely differently for this to work.

>The actual events don't fucking matter

Sure they do. We're watching a movie. A film is more than just a series of themes presented to the audience of screen, how they are presented matters.
>>
INVINCIBLE
>>
>>67787197
By telling him that he will be alone when does act for the greater good.
By telling him that he will have to stand tall against humanity when the cat is out of the bag.
Its not hopeful, its terrifying.
>>
>>67787175
And you fail to understand how building critical character development around "people are stupid" is lazy and convenient writing?

There are an infinite number of ways to ensure sups learns that he can't save everyone. Defaulting to "ppl is dumb, oops!" is FargoTV level writing. But I'm willing to bet you slob that knob too.
>>
>>67787162

You're just lying though. It isn't easier, they could have just as easily written the scene slightly differently to appease you. Simply put the tornado closer or switch the dog out for two children and a mother and you wouldn't be crying, right? What happened isn't the point, the point is that we see Jonathan execute without question on his beliefs and we see Clark make a decision. We see the kind of man that raises Superman and how fervently he believes that Superman isn't ready for the world and vice versa.
>>
>>67787096
The codex is the genetic data for the planet. Since they do not breed naturally, it is what they use to make new kryptonians. It is very clearly explained what it is. If you are talking about it compared to the genesis chamber, I may not be knowlegable enough to satisfy you with a detailed answer. But what the codex is, and why it is so important is fucking explained, and you should be able to follow the movie with what they tell you about it. If you're hung up on the comparison to the genesis chamber, that's JUST A GODDAMN PLOT HOLE. God, you autists. The movie fucking makes plenty of sense, Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1454222594470.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1454222594470.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>>67787090
>>
>>67787189
>You're going to shamelessly continue crying that people act like people in this movie

Yes. You know why? Because clark/sups didn't. The movie uses basic human nature as a convenient throwaway plot device to which sups is completely immune.
>>
>>67787303
>He knows to not actually snap my neck right?
>Zack?
>>
>>67787261
Actually, I am not the same person. I disagree on the constituents of the scene, but I agree that this scene is badly done.

When you look at the dog as a plot device to kill Jonathan Kent, it is even worse than people acting stupidly because it is realistic.
>>
>>67787265
>plot convenience is lazy
>no ur lying

lol what the fuck
>>
>>67786252
bump again
>>
>>67787288

It's not even a plot hole, it's just not explained. A plot hole is a contradiction in the script. A lack of details as to how exactly Kryptonian colonization functions is not a plot hole. My guess would be that they provide the colony with the genetic information to use in the genesis chamber remotely. Something like that. In any case, it's not a plot hole and, like you say, not necessary to understanding the movie. The codex is the future of Krypton, period.
>>
There is no goodwill, there never was or will ever be. I'm convinced people, critics and some Marvel fans will have hated this film even if it was mildly good. DC can never win with these people no matter what they do.

THEY WANT IT TO FAIL. THEY LOVE TO GLOAT AT ALL THINGS GOING BAD AT DC.

Heck even Dark knight trilogy which is universally acclaimed has some of these people biting their tongues. "Oh it's not a real superhero film - just a Mann film with someone dressed up as Batman".

Feel sorry for WB. The one studio who isn't afraid to take risks and back innovators like Nolan and Wachowski sisters projects no matter what. Feel this might spell the demise for them if they don't sort it out.
>>
was it really necessary to kill of pa kent for stupid reasons?
>>
>>67787363

Well you missed the whole part where I explained why it isn't lazy by pointing out that writing it slightly differently so that a moron like you wouldn't complain isn't at all more difficult. They could have written any situation, even one that didn't require a big CGI vortex on screen. The lesson to take out of this is that you're the one who is wrong.
>>
>>67787399
>its a conspiracy!
>>
File: wjbcV6L.png (309 KB, 504x398) Image search: [Google]
wjbcV6L.png
309 KB, 504x398
>SON HOW DARE YOU SAVE A BUS FULL OF KIDS. YOU SHOULD HAVE LET THEM DROWN IN THE FUCKING RIVER AS YOU WACTHED FEELING HELPLESS
>>
>>67787389
My apologies for misusing plot hole lol, but it seems like we're at least on the same page.
>>
>>67787258

>there is more at stake than just our lives and the lives of those around us
>when the world finds out what you can do it will change everything. our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human
>they will be scared
>people are afraid of what they don't understand (can't control)
>you're the answer to are we alone in the universe
>it'd be a huge burden for anyone to bear but you're not just anyone
>all these changes that you're going through will one day be a blessing
>you will need to make a choice one day
stand proud in front of the human race or not

he's telling him the repercussions of what would happen if he chooses to become superman.

instilling in him the value of acting in the best interest of the collective.

it might be scary but it's what he needed to hear.

do you understand?
>>
>>67787399
I'm sorry, I can be of the opinion that the MCU and the Dark knight trilogy and the DCCU are not so great going on terrible.

Its just an opinion.

You don't have to justify liking those movies. You don't have to call people retarded to justify liking them.
>>
>>67787495
>CLARK
>CLARK
>PRESERVE THE STATUS QUO
>CLARK
>AT ANY COST
>AT
>ANY
>COST
>>
>>67787569

wow you're fucking retarded

>more at stake than just our live and those around us

= Clark

fuck man, i don't even know what to say. please don't reproduce.
>>
SON
>>
>>67787456
Son, you're hilarious. People complain because the movie failed to organically establish the superman character and instead relied upon forced pivotal moments built in the most convenient ways possible, that actually ended up completely irrelevant because superman was too stronk for human fears.
>>
>>67786984
So you don't actually have an explanation or argument? Thought so.

Well then let me provide mine; Clark's mom is written the way she is because Snyder wanted to get across the idea that Superman was raised by parents who are cynical and flawed. If he wanted to illustrate the fact that Clark's parents believed in harsh utilitarianism, then he wouldn't have a character in the movie literally say that he owes people nothing.

Man of Steel as a whole is just Snyder looking at the comic character and going, "I can do that better. His parents are too idyllic, his morals too unquestionable, his universe too happy." His movie is Dr. Manhattan fan fiction, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with people being turned off by the fact that a Superman movie features a character who doesn't act like Superman.

Give me one good reason why "muh comics" isn't a valid reason to dislike this film? If you say you're adapting a story or character, do you not have a responsibility to portray it somewhat accurately? If Roland in the new Dark Tower movies is a wisecracking, carefree stoner; will you respond to criticisms with "not muh books"?
>>
atrocious trash if I want to be honest senpaitachi

the action sequences are vomit inducing literally gave me a headache
>>
>>67787626
>please don't reproduce.
To late, your baby brother is already on the way
>>
>>67787480
Kek
>>
>>67787495
Yes I do. I also understand that he tells him that there can be no hope when he comes out in the light. When, not if.
That people will never relate or understand him.

Truly, he does need to prepare him to reality. But at no point does he tell him that he can fight an uphill battle for the good of Mankind and be accepted for the good he does for the world.

The modern version of Superman that most people have read is a hopeful hero who will not falter in the face of adversity.
This one is just kinda there. Why would he fight when the only person who ever knew him to have superpowers tells him to hide forever, because he will he hunted, reviled and feared otherwise.
>>
>>67787495
>it might be scary but it's what he needed to hear.

No it isn't, he needed to be told the exact opposite. Then the character he becomes later in the film would make more sense.
>>
>>67787399
>WE MUST ALL FEAR THE GLOBAL MEDIA CONSPIRACY AGAINST BAD MOVIES!!!

People aren't biased against DC you wacky faggot. They're biased against DC impotently failing to recreate shit it did successfully in the TDK trilogy. I wanted more than anything for BVS to be good, but it just fucking isn't. It's garbage made by an imbecile who didn't know what he was doing.
>>
>>67787569

>the collective
>the collective
>well being of the collective
>once again, the collective
>also, the collective and their views on god and humanity
>Clark
>one day your powers might be necessary
>choice, agency
>>
>>67787654
>If Roland in the new Dark Tower movies is a wisecracking, carefree stoner; will you respond to criticisms with "not muh books"?
Actually, there is a chance he will be black. No hint to his personality yet.
>>
File: 1459634329424.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1459634329424.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON LET ME AND THE CHILDREN DIE
>PS. DON'T FORGET TO VISIT ME AT THE HIMALAYAS
>>
>>67785960
>Not sure if you were aware of this, but it's a movie about an overwhelmingly famous comicbook character
stopped right there
he's a pop culture icon at this point. People who never picked up a comic can tell you who Superman, Lois, Clark Kent, and Lex Luthor are not only that they can tell you he fights for truth, justice, and the American way.

The whole film acknowledges that muh comics isn't an argument, especially when the film criticizes the comics
>>
>>67787715
this, those children in the bus were not worthy of being saved
>>
>>67787731
I'm really hoping idris just lays on the thick bemore accent and basically just plays stringer bell again.
>>
>>67787731
Him being black doesn't matter, I'm talking about a drastic personality change that changes who he fundamentally is as a character.

A movie called Superman does not seem to feature the character of Superman. This is a valid reason for disliking the film.
>>
Quite literally the worst movie of 2013
>>
>>67787756
The most baffling thing about it is somebody who has spent their whole life on a farm being this attached to a dog.
>>
>>67787770
>But then who chooses who will be worthy? You, anon?
Jor-El, MoS
>>
>>67787682

>Yes I do. I also understand that he tells him that there can be no hope when he comes out in the light. When, not if.

he never said that

>That people will never relate or understand him.

never said that

>But at no point does he tell him that he can fight an uphill battle for the good of Mankind and be accepted for the good he does for the world.

that's the entire point of BvS, my man

>The modern version of Superman that most people have read is a hopeful hero who will not falter in the face of adversity.

which is essentially this Superman. He falters once to save his mom. Showing that he isn't immune to human emotions.
>>
>>67786027
>his father responded with ambiguity

>No son you have all these powers, you need to be a superhero and save everyone. That is your life now as a child, you need to have more responsibility than anyone will have in their lifetime.
It was about him being able to understand responsibility. Pa Kent was basically pulling an Uncle Ben the whole movie
>>
File: 1459471129886.jpg (45 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
1459471129886.jpg
45 KB, 500x640
>>67787756
>>
File: 2780341-man_of_steel_03.jpg (67 KB, 618x331) Image search: [Google]
2780341-man_of_steel_03.jpg
67 KB, 618x331
>>67787480
>SON YOU SAVING A BUNCH OF KIDS FROM DEATH IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE OF YOU. YOU SHOULD HAVE LET THE BUS SLOWLY SINK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE RIVER, WATCHING THE KIDS HOPELESSLY KNOCK ON THE WINDOWS AS YOU A POWER ALIEN GOD STAY THERE AS THE GOOD SAMERITAN YOU ARE.

YOU SIR ARE GROUNDED FOR A MONTH
>>
>>67787764
Trying to plug superman into a more realistic world kinda fails if the world is still built upon comic-level convenience.
>>
>>67786070
fucking this
>>
>>67787764
People who never picked up a comic can also tell you that Superman represents hope, and that centering a movie around the fear and cynicism he would inspire in the world is completely missing the point of the character. Superman as a fantasy exists to inspire people greatness.

Instead the films are basically written from the perspective of comic book Lex.
>>
>>67787770

you really seem hung up on this.

fact is, Clark decided to save them. His father disagreed because of the implications. They're different people. the end.
>>
>>67787832
not at all. Superman is about morals and ethics more than anything. This isn't 1938 and we wouldn't treat him like they would have then
>>
Why does /tv/ pretend to like Snyder? Is it just because Marvel is popular and Snyder is the only alternative?
>>
>>67787815
>No son you have all these powers, you need to be a superhero and save everyone. That is your life now as a child, you need to have more responsibility than anyone will have in their lifetime.

Yeah, that's not an actual line in the film. His actual response to the question of whether or not Clark should let a bus full of children drown was, "maybe."
>>
>>67787849
Superman embodies hope. He doesn't become Superman until he kills Zod. from then on, people rebuild and he helps and the movie is lighthearted and hopeful
>>
>>67787849
>snyder's lex is actually the good guy because hes trying to force "superheroes" (who are always inherently bad because watchmen said so) to destroy each other.

Just fucking kill me.
>>
>>67787879

>>67787327
>>
>>67787879
>Why does /tv/ pretend to like Snyder
It isn't /tv/
It's a handful of mongoloids from twitter that don't have an ounce of taste
>>
>>67787879

i'm not even defending snyder here.

why is it so hard for people to separate the work from the creator?
>>
>>67787890
>Superman doesn't become Superman until he murders a guy.

I'm sorry, what? Who was he during the middle of the fight when he was punching Zod through buildings? Catwoman?
>>
File: 1454962594824.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1454962594824.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
>>67787849
being this retarded unironically
>>
>>67787373
Why are man of steel fans such sophomore tier cowards?
>>
>>67787879
>if you like Man of Steel in anyway then you're just a snyder fanboy!

Great argument bud
>>
>>67787867
Superheros in general are about the idea that sticking to principles requires near-godlike willpower.
>>
>>67787931

saving a family from a psychopath bent on destroying the human race is murder?

god fucking damn, how does it feel to be so hopelessly dumb?
>>
>>67787931
look, they point is, he only becomes superman at the end of the movie, so all un-supermany things that happen before that don't count
>>
>>67787962
Its superman. He has the strength to solve problems not only the right way, but the best possible way.

So cynicism and negativity don't really fit with that.
>>
>>67787962
It is when you had other, less extreme options at your disposal
>>
>>67787935
This low effort shitpost is not only a clear indication that you can't refute my argument, but it also doesn't make any goddamn sense. Your post implies that I am making a genuine argument but am too stupid to have a valid opinion, while the picture implies that I'm am simply a troll baiting you into an argument I don't truly believe in.

In your attempt to deflect away from having to defend your beliefs, you've actually managed to make yourself look even more foolish.
>>
>>67787905
Seriously mate go read this thread

>>67681071
>>
File: 1457975083597.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457975083597.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>watching BvS
>reporter guy is about to be shot
>expect superman to fly down any moment and shield the report
>BANG
>>
>>67787962
>saving a family from a psychopath bent on destroying the human race is murder?

From a legal perspective, yes?

Superman is a vigilante who works outside the law. Any violent action he takes, even in self-defense, is murder. And I will see him fry for it.
>>
>>67787962
>god fucking damn, how does it feel to be so hopelessly dumb?

I don't know, but it feels pretty good being an adult and not having to constantly call people who disagree with me dumb in order to reinforce my beliefs.
>>
>>67788009

>please Mr. Zod, leave my planet alone.

how do you think he should've handled it?

killing psychopaths bent on genocide isn't cynicism and it definitely isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>67788021

like fucking what?

>>67788118

>you called me dumb so i'm calling you a child

im sure the irony escqp
>>
>>67788121
1. choke Zod until he blacks out
2. ask hologram-ghost dad how to incapacitate Kryptonias
3. do what hologram-ghost dad says
>>
>>67788073

he showed up because he heard Lois in distress.
>>
>>67788121
Zod isn't a real person, his actions are the result of someone writing him into the situations he exist in. Superman ideally is a character who finds a way to dispatch his enemies without resorting to execution, with the exception of literal monsters ala Doomsdays, Parademons, etc. If I was writing the film, I wouldn't put Superman in unwinnable situations that compromise who he is as a character, because it undermines his entire reason for existing.

Let me ask you a question - why make a Superman movie? Why does this movie need to exist? Why is the character important? If you remove the idea that Superman exists to inspire people to be better and that he is a fantasy of literally being so powerful that you can do the right thing at all times, why make the movie at all?
>>
>>67788170

>hologram-dad says there is no possible way to incapacitate him
>he wakes up
>kills everyone

see i can make stuff up too
>>
>>67788252
>, I wouldn't put Superman in unwinnable situations that compromise who he is as a character, because it undermines his entire reason for existing.

Then you'd be writing for Marvel and it would be fucking BORING
>>
>>67788121
>you have a superpowered asshole in a grapple
>you can fly

>you've spent the last half hour tearing holes in skyscrapers with your face
>the entire world is basically paper to you
>but this section of ground, that is basically paper to you, right here, is sufficient to keep this superpowered asshole under control
>>
>>67788154
I didn't call you anything. I said it's pretty good being an adult, and it is. Any insult you read into the comment is probably just you realizing how calling people stupid isn't actually contributing to the thread in a positive manner.
>>
File: 1459568451220.gif (382 KB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
1459568451220.gif
382 KB, 286x225
Is it worth watching because of her?
>>
>>67788261
>literally the collected knowledge of thousands of worlds
>capable of creating gigantic superhuman, world destroying abominations
>doesn't know how to incapacitate Kryptonians

Sound legit
>>
>>67788252
Can't tell if serious or meta b8.
>>
>>67788288
>Then you'd be writing for Marvel and it would be fucking BORING
But MOS was fucking BORING as fuck
>>
>>67788252

>he is a fantasy of literally being so powerful that you can do the right thing at all times, why make the movie at all?

Wow that sounds so interesting. I'd definitely watch an entire movie about a guy who never has to compromise or make tough decisions.
>>
>>67788323
Yeah she has some prety sexual moments with a knife
>>
>>67788323
you have to withstand 2,5 hours of visual diarrhea

just look up a few pictures of her m9
>>
>>67788323
It isn't worth watching at all
>>
>>67788288
Except that more characters have died in Marvel movies and the stakes have been considerably bigger in the MCU films. And I'm not talking about every superhero, I'm specifically talking about Superman.

You're ignoring the fact that Superman isn't just a big alien man who shoots lasers out of his eyes. His character is essentially a moralistic power fantasy, and Zack Snyder completely fails at portraying that. Forcing him to compromise his morals is taking that aspect away from the character, and at that point he is no longer Superman.
>>
>>67788308

you must be the guy from earlier that doesn't understand implications

>>67788348

opinions are like assholes and yours stinks
>>
>>67788323
Yeah totally watch it for that completely unremarkable character that kind of just disappears at the end.
>>
>>67788351
Well it's interesting enough that it spawned the most iconic fictional character in modern history

And with all the cynical garbage we have to live with Superman would have been refreshing

But no, we have to ruin that aswell
>>
>>67788403
>opinions are like assholes and yours stinks
nice quip
>>
>>67788392
>and the stakes have been considerably bigger in the MCU films.

>Zod is going to terraform the entire planet effectively killing all of humanity

o rly?

>Except that more characters have died in Marvel movies

do you have a tally for me?
>>
>it's another marvelkeks need to be spoonfed on the DCEU episode
>>
>>67788473
>do you have a tally for me?
What is up with DC shills endlessly demanding people do research and shit for them?
>>
File: Estatic.png (303 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
Estatic.png
303 KB, 582x582
>>67788392
>MCU films
>stakes
>>
>>67788341
Then perhaps you should go find an easier film board more suited to your level of comprehension. Might I suggest IMDB?

>>67788351
It is interesting, which is why the character has lasted for as long as it has. If it is so uninteresting and terrible, one wonders why you would choose to make a film about him at all.

Also Superman makes tough decisions all the time. The decision not to kill is a tough decision. The reality that you cannot save everyone is heart-wrenching. The idea that you are a god playing at being a man is inherently interesting. Superman can be an excellent character when written well, but if you're only idea for a story is to change who he fundamentally in and represents, then you aren't a good writer.
>>
>>67787786
It does matter when the character is explicitly white and called out on his being white.
>>
>>67784240
I'll start by saying I liked the movie and it's arguably my favourite capeshit movie to date.

But... the camera work was awful, fucking shaky cam everywhere, the editing is often a little confusing. Lois is conveniently everywhere, ie why the fuck did Zod want her on his ship?. superman never really saves anyone (as superman) so never establishes himself as a protector of earth, in fact he's a bane since the only reason Zod came to earth was because of superman. Also it's never established he is firmly against killing, which makes him killing Zod less meaningful than it's supposed to be. Kent and jor els points of views aren't very clear.

Henry's acting is very flat, there's time when he should be emotional and just delivers the line cold, which is obviously due to poor directing (this can be figured out due to more experience actors like Adams, fishburn, Costner and Crowe not being flat).
>>
>>67788381
>>67788387
>trying this hard
>>
>>67788473
>o rly?
Avengers - world destruction
Avengers 2 - world destruction
Thor 2 - multi-dimensional destruction
GotG - galaxy destruction
>>
>>67788494
>it's another DCfags pretend that an incoherent garbage flick is 3deep for everyone who saw it for what it was episode
>>
>>67788403
I understand implications. I also understand projection.

If you're regretting the immature behavior you've displayed in this thread, then I commend you, but I never called you or anyone else a child.
>>
>>67788438

>muh escapism

I'm sorry you couldn't handle a more modern take on Superman. Marvel still makes movies, try those.
>>
File: Champagne Cumsplosion.webm (488 KB, 280x412) Image search: [Google]
Champagne Cumsplosion.webm
488 KB, 280x412
>>67788524
>DC films
>stakes
>>
>>67788252
Zod is one of the few superhero villains that actually makes senses. His actions are actual consistent with his characterization and he doesn't exist as a cartoony caricature like a Marvel villain (with Loki being the sole exception).

As for the rest of your post, thank god people like you don't get write for a living.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.