[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think of The Tree of Life (2011)? pretentious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
what does /tv/ think of The Tree of Life (2011)?

pretentious garbage or avant garde cinema?
>>
>>
>>67780897
Mommy
>>
>>
shit
>>
File: mmfu reads mmfction.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mmfu reads mmfction.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
http://www.sexstories.com/story/5800/camping_with_mom
>>
>>67780897

It's a bit pretentious but it's not garbage.

Most great movies are a little pretentious.
>>
it's pretty good
>>
>>67780897
It's not in the slightest bit pretentious and it's not avant garde. It's a simple story, well framed and at times masterfully executed that gets its message and themes across perfectly.
>>
More than a little pretentious. Malick just wants to fuck nature desu he's an autist

I think it would've worked better with just what he shot and then his commentary throughout.

Now imagine a Planet Earth documentary series by Terrance Malick with Werner Herzog narrating.
>>
When I first saw it I thought it was meandering, pretentious garbage.

Watched it a couple of years later on mescaline and now I know it's pretty gewd. I get it if you don't think it's the GOAT film, but people who don't find anything redeeming about it are true plebs.
>>
>>67780897
>tfw she'll never scold and discipline me

who /didn't grow up with a mother figure/ here?
>>
File: mmyf.gif (492 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
mmyf.gif
492 KB, 500x250
>>67781079
>>
I thought it was pretty great bar the Sean Penn scenes that are absolutely fucking insane. What the hell where they doing running on the beach and shit like that?
>>
>>67780897
It gets better the more you watch it, and it's probably the best stream of conscious movie I can think of
Malick is an amazing artist but he's so fucking boring I can't relate to his works at all
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.