[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror buffs: are there any other films like this? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: thevuhvitch.jpg (834 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
thevuhvitch.jpg
834 KB, 1280x1896
Horror buffs: are there any other films like this?

I'm talking occultist films? Atmosphere is a plus and I already have the "atmospheric horror chart".

Closest i can think for atmosphere is Aguirre but thats not a horror.

Really enjoyed it. Wasnt expecting the film to end that way
>>
Kill List
>>
>>67780807
Seconding this. It's different to The VVitch though.
>>
File: 1457532311114.png (11 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1457532311114.png
11 KB, 255x247
>>67780774
>tfw no decent torrent
>>
>>67780807
O actually this is already on his chart
>>
Nothing recent remotely compares to The Witches atmosphere and quality.

Vaguely similar is Resolution. Kill List fans should like it as well.
>>
Ninth Gate is a similar kinda vibe. Jug Face might be worth a look but the setting and budget arent in the same league.

Lords of Salem is tonally identical with a similar theme. Falls to pieces in the final act though.
>>
>>67780862
still waiting
>>
>yfw you realize The Witch is what The Village should have been and then some
>>
>>67780900

Resolution was shit

WHERE
IS
THE
FUCKING
TORRENT FOR THE WITCH
>>
Thanks for the recs, lads. Kill List seems like something to look into.

Any occultist themes such as this good anon recommended?
>>67781155
>>
>>67781296
The squandered potential of The Village still pisses me off to this day.
>>
>>67781352
Still better than Kill List. Both are garbage tier compared to Witch
>>
File: resolution-2012-soul-searching.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
resolution-2012-soul-searching.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
>>67780900
I loved Resolution. But everyone trolls me for it. Or maybe it's the same guy.
>>
>>67781352
Leave your basement and go see it you poor omega.
>>
>>67781572
It's a fine movie for its limitations and for what it's trying to achieve. Not sure how anybody could genuinely hate it or find it awful unless they simply dislike horror or only like PA and Insidious trash.
>>
>>67781523
If the monster at the end was either an actual monster or at the very least was left un-explained and they didn't live in modern times, it would have been pretty ok. It pisses me off too.
>>
>>67780774

Lovely Molly
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.