[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else has seen The Witch and what do you think of it? I read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: witch__article-hero-1130x430.jpg (190 KB, 1130x430) Image search: [Google]
witch__article-hero-1130x430.jpg
190 KB, 1130x430
Who else has seen The Witch and what do you think of it?
I read some reviews on it after i got home from the kino today, and all of them talk about feminism but i couldnt see that at all.

To me it was just a simple witch/devil horror movie with a bad end. Anya taylor is delicious desu
>>
Torrent when? (Not the camrip).
>>
Best horror movie ive seen in a while. Really good.

The girl was best character and Caleb was a bro.

I dont want to spoil, but it would be good to discuss it
>>
>>67777395
Yeah it was good and quite artful. One thing i didnt like were the cheap jump scares. They didnt fit in with the rest. Best scene was.caleb kissing the hot witch in the woods tied with the father breaking down in the end and getting heemed by king phlipp
>>
Any HD pics of her delicious butter?
>>
>>67777395
Lets be honest the girl is top tier waifu even moreso whem she became a liberated strong female modern sex witch in the end. But her acting didnt stand out.
>>
>>67777754
That butt looked very delicious on the big screen. However i pretty certain that was a butt double and not her. It was too big for a girl of her age
>>
File: ayy.jpg (134 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
134 KB, 700x1000
>>67777947
>she's Argentinian
Is she white?
>>
People kept laughing throughout the entire movie.
It really was the most unintentionally funny movie I've ever seen.
If you want to know what good comedic timing looks like, look at this movie.
>>
>>67778007
Her skin is white in the movie. I guess its shakira white. She is fake blonde and her browm spic eyes tell the truth. Wouldnt fuck desu senpai
>>
>>67777722
I really liked the "What does thy want?" part. That voice acting was great.

Also the mother reminded me too much of Sansa's aunt in GOT. Fuxking bitch i hate those kind of characters. But it was great for the setting
>>
>>67778073
Huh? Were there mostly blacks at your cinema? People here laughed twice throughout the movie, and that was more of chuckle
>>
>>67778073
What was funny about it? Also, what age are you?
>>
File: img-anya-taylor-joy_131733603763.jpg (623 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
img-anya-taylor-joy_131733603763.jpg
623 KB, 1000x1000
>>67778007
Come hither, /tv/.
>>
I really like the scene with Satan. It was really well done.
>>
File: 1453861797987.jpg (54 KB, 324x289) Image search: [Google]
1453861797987.jpg
54 KB, 324x289
>>67778204
I would like to live deliciously...
>>
>>67778171
They were mostly Russian to be honest with you mate.
>>
>>67778204
How old is thee? I suppose shes like 16 in the movie
>>
>>67778270
>>
>>67778228
>tfw she will never guide thine hand
>>
Did the witch take caleb's virginity in the hut? Did that boy kiterally dream he was fucking jesus while he died? Weird movie desu
>>
>>67777722
I don't remember any jump scares at all
>>
>>67778432
There were naught
>>
>>67778270
A 16 year old girl was basically a granny in those days
>>
File: 1444225698505.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1444225698505.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>>67778395
>ywn take off her shift
>>
>>67778475
There were 2 to 4 at least.

I left the theater disappointed, I went in expecting a horror movie but it didn't do that too well. It was boring at parts, had some great scenes and yea looked really good but it took itself too seriously.

I went in knowing nothing about it, didn't realize I walked into a movie with old timey talk, took a second to adjust to that and I was very suprised at the fact that religion was brought into every damn scene. I understand that at the core of the movie the families plight is not helped at all but they keep on asking for God to help them, so the religious fervor is kind of made fun of, implying God either does not exist or will not help you and your God fearing family. But when they showed Satan in his fuckin cowboy boots I just about lost it, it turned into what felt like a time piece for me into a farce with no real message. clearly Satan exists, he's the one medelling in everyones affairs, so where the hell is God to help out?

Why suddenly throw in an overt Satan and totally leave out God out of the movie (except maybe when the boy si embraces by Jesus) despite the fact God is called upon EVERY FUCKING SCENE.

Left puzzled as to what the Director wanted me to take from it. Another horror movie with a supernatural cause and many tired cliches. Didn't like it, fuck the pretentious asshole trying to give the Director his due, it wasn't very well done but it had a great deal of potential.
>>
>>67778007
>that nose
what an ugly pig
>>
the slantmagazine review of this movie is very good and well written
http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/the-witch
>>
>>67779170
>and I was very suprised at the fact that religion was brought into every damn scene.
You were surprised at religion being in every scene in a movie about Puritans?
>>
>>67779170
>Why suddenly throw in an overt Satan and totally leave out God out of the movie (except maybe when the boy si embraces by Jesus) despite the fact God is called upon EVERY FUCKING SCENE.
Are you literally retarded?
>>
File: anya.jpg (189 KB, 936x601) Image search: [Google]
anya.jpg
189 KB, 936x601
>>67778228
>>
>>67779831
Even real life Puritans didn't act like that, no food, kids dying etc etc..

>>67779950
So you liked the Satan part?
>>
>>67780071
>Even real life Puritans didn't act like that, no food, kids dying
What?
>>
>>67780185
this shit going on all the dad does is say they will not go to the planataion and keep praying to God. you think this is what a reasonable person would do? Even a Puritain wouldn't be this retarded. Or is the Director trying to imply that their belief in God is so ardent and strong that it leads to inaction? And that believing in God is stupid? Is that all it is, just 13 year old edgy level of bullshit.

It's not realistic even though it tried to be is what I'm saying.
>>
>>67780334
Yeah, they're even more strict and indoctrinated than regular puritans. That's the entire reason they left the plantation in the first place. Because everyone there wasn't hardcore enough.
>you think this is what a reasonable person would do?
I don't see what could possibly lead you to view that family as reasonable.
>>
>>67780334
>this shit going on all the dad does is say they will not go to the planataion and keep praying to God
But he said he was going the next day once it became clear that Caleb really had been possessed by a witch. And he had no horse, nor a dog or a gun at that point. Before that it was just some odd things that were happening. And you seem to forget how much the father hates the town and their church for excommunicating him.

>Or is the Director trying to imply that their belief in God is so ardent and strong that it leads to inaction? And that believing in God is stupid?
You seem to be forgetting that this is a horror film, where characters are confronted by the fact that the world is hopeless and bleak. Or did you want a fairy tale ending?
>>
>>67780456

Oh no, I agree, throughout the movie I was annoyed at how stupid the director made all of the fucking characters. Dad, mom, the twins especially were annoying, the boy was the only decent one, when he got seduced by that witch I knew the movie was gonna go down hill, he was the only saving grace I thought.

In the end, yup, the characters are all idiots who refuse to see that a witch is prowling the woods and simply went to the old and tried method of blaming the pretty girl of being the evil witch. Which, by the end, is fuckin true anyways. Just a stupid film, not scary, will not be recommending it.
>>
>>67780627
Right but by the time next day arrives he doesn't follow up[ on his plan at all, suddenly it's fuckin noon and the kids dead.

>>67780627
Oh no, the reason I hate it is becuase I was made to believe it is a horror film. He went out and made it into a time piece with witches, I actually would ahve liked a story about a bunch of crazy Puritans, but as an audience we KNOW there is a which as soon as the movie starts, so the supernatural element just kills it. Killed it for me, anyways.
>>
>>67778136
Same actress
>>
>>67780727
>Right but by the time next day arrives he doesn't follow up[ on his plan at all, suddenly it's fuckin noon and the kids dead.
What? He woke up and saw the twins had vanished, and he was probably going to kill Thomasin for being a witch until he got BLACKphilipED.

>>67780727
>Oh no, the reason I hate it is becuase I was made to believe it is a horror film.
OK, you wanted jump scares. Gotcha.
>>
>>67780831
But that's wrong. It wasn't until after they had already buried their son that the twins disappeared. The dad said, if you'll remember, that he will go to town, sell the white girl and get care for the boy. Next day comes along, they are still in the house, looks like noon time, the mother hears a scream, runs upstairs the boy is talking in tongues, praises Jesus, they pray over him and he dies.

I hope I've sufficiently explained that part of the movie to you.

>OK, you wanted jump scares. Gotcha.
Nah, that's too cliche, oh but wait, this did have jump scenes in it. Other psych thrillers did a much better job than this movie, B-level psych thrillers, with no supernatural elements to rely on.
>>
>>67780994
>The dad said, if you'll remember, that he will go to town, sell the white girl and get care for the boy.
That didn't happen. He was still unconvinced he had been possessed until Caleb started acting weird the next day and then he died in the next 5 minutes.
They then buried him and then William decided to go back with Thomasin the next day, but then the twins had gone and he was gored

>this did have jump scenes in it.
Like what? I only remember one (the witch laughing) and that was more of a buildup than just a loud cut.
>>
>>67781340
Hmm, I remember it being night time when he said he'd go to town in the morning, not noon time while he was lying down sick in the attic.

the witch turning is ajump scare as was the hand grabbing the boys head during the make out, that's 2 therefore the movie has jump scares. Which were not scary, however, just like the entire movie
>>
>>67781642
What do you consider scary?
>>
>>67781735
>67781735
Session 9 was damn good, as was Noroi.
>>
People in my audience were laughing at weird times as well. I knew I was in for a bad time though when half the audience were pissing themselves laughing at the trailer for The Boss, and a guy behind me said to his friend "I love her so much!"
>>
File: 1457799019526.jpg (333 KB, 740x958) Image search: [Google]
1457799019526.jpg
333 KB, 740x958
>>67778204
>>
There was nothing remotely feminist about this movie.

It simply had well written female characters.
>>
>>67781881
Session 9 is about as scary as Jacob's Ladder
>>
>>67782031
You asked me what I fouind scary, there you have it.
>>
>>67781642
>Which were not scary, however, just like the entire movie
Let me guess, you also thought it was a boring movie, right?
>>
>>67782067
You're an easily spooked girl, there you have it
>>
>>67782146
Sweet, so I guess we're done?
>>
>>67782186
No.
>>
>>67781914
What an unflattering picture

>>67778270
I think 18-20. The first thing my cousin and I did when we left the theater was to check her age, because that ass was fire. She can't really act, but her ass will get her to the top
>>
>>67779170
>Why suddenly throw in an overt Satan and totally leave out God out of the movie (except maybe when the boy embraces by Jesus) despite the fact God is called upon EVERY FUCKING SCENE.

My takeaway is that they were bad Christians. The father's inability to cope with his Pride put them in the situation to begin with. They lived by fear of the devil and evil instead of in love of god. The parents immediately turned on their own children when faced with crisis.

God and the Devil exist in this film's world, and they clearly failed God
>>
>>67782086
there were parts where I thought the director draggeed a scene, escpailly in the middle, the mother being upset and the dad kicking himself was getting reduntant and, yes, boring.
>>
>>67782299
Yea I thought this as well, honestly, like Job and that was brought up in the film. I suppose the only one that was saved was the boy, by getting embraced by Jesus during his death.
>>
File: kid-on-computer-2_tnvltp.jpg (36 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
kid-on-computer-2_tnvltp.jpg
36 KB, 500x362
>>67782338
>it was boring
>>
>>67782411
there were boring scenes, yes. Is ">it was boring" some sort of meme or something? Is that whats going on? Or are you actually going to sit there and tell me there weren't boring scenes in that movie?
>>
File: kid_computer.jpg (70 KB, 399x265) Image search: [Google]
kid_computer.jpg
70 KB, 399x265
>>67782500
>it was boring
>is this a meme? nice meme, I'm a memer myself but I don't understand meme
>>
>>67778007
She's British-Argentinian.
>>
>>67782958
So she's definitely not white
>>
I don't really know why but I just felt offended when the movie was over. I think it was that god forsaken score.
>>
I watched it because I watch all horror movies released in theaters, and I liked it.

However, I skimmed a thread about it here a day or so before, and one thing that caught my eye was how everyone was going nuts over Thomasin's ass. Like, how it was literally "the greatest ass shot ever" and shit like that.

So, it gave me even more of a reason to see the movie.
And I figured she wouldn't be naked until the end, so I didn't think about it much until that point.

Then there's a scene of her walking naked for like three minutes.
But there was never a good shot of her ass. There's one from like 200 feet away across a field, you can't even see it.
Then there's a shot in profile (again from far away) but this time obscured through fucking trees.
And then finally a close up on her from behind, but her entire lower half in is shadow.

So, fuck you /tv/ for giving me this extra layer of expectation that made me like the movie less. If you idiots hadn't overhyped her ass, I would've enjoyed the entire film more.
>>
File: anya taylor-joy-ralph-ineson-.jpg (2 MB, 4074x2716) Image search: [Google]
anya taylor-joy-ralph-ineson-.jpg
2 MB, 4074x2716
>>67778007
>>67782958
That's where the pale titties come from. Looks whiter than Alicia Vikander.
>>
Needed subtitles DESU. The audio levels,brogue accents and child actors voices left me straining to understand some of the dialogue.

Its a historical drama about religion that features a witch.

Was not scary,I left the theater confused and bored.
>>
>>67783130
There was pretty much a clear shot of it sort of from the side when she's entering the woods
What, did you expect a studio lit shot of the naked ass of a teenage girl character?
>>
>>67783389
>There was pretty much a clear shot of it sort of from the side when she's entering the woods

No, there wasn't, there were trees in the foreground and she was at least 50 feet from the camera.

>What, did you expect a studio lit shot of the naked ass of a teenage girl character?

When an entire thread about the movie, like a day or two after its release devolved into lusting after her ass, yes, I assumed I'd actually get to see it.
>>
>>67783389
they had a better ass shot of a real 13 year old boy than of her. So yea, I did.
>>
>>67783464
Did you watch a DVD rip or something. It was pretty easy to see in the theater.
>>
File: 1459177393597.gif (109 KB, 205x260) Image search: [Google]
1459177393597.gif
109 KB, 205x260
>>67778204
0 2 cum n 2 seconds
>>
>>67783464
>>No, there wasn't, there were trees in the foreground and she was at least 50 feet from the camera.
There weren't any trees and she was partly in shadow but you could make out how big and plump it was
It was about right for an artsy fartsy flick like this

>>67783498
When?
>>
>>67783389
She was probably around 17/18 at the time of filming, and it was her first film, so I doubt it was her buttocks.
>>
>>67783530
When he comes back from the forest you can clearly see his ass when he's standing next to the post before he passes out on the girl.
>>
>>67777722
There were zero jump scares, part of why it was great rather than just good
>>
>>67783514

Saw it in the a theater, center seat, about 7 rows from the screen.

>>67783530

You could make out the vague shape, but you could see the bodies of the witches at the end far more clearly, and they were just as far from the camera.

I think you people are misremembering and idealizing that scene, or something.

>It was about right for an artsy fartsy flick like this

"Artsy" movies generally have much more, and unobscured nudity of a main character.
>>
>>67783580
>you can clearly see his ass
It was behind a fence and it was raining and it was barely a second
You seem to have been concentrating really hard on trying to get a glimpse of 13 year old boy ass
>>
>>67783651
What I'm saying to you, if you don't understand, is that the shot was better than any of the ass shots of the girl. So your arguments of:

>did you expect a studio lit shot of the naked ass of a teenage girl character?

Is invalid you goddam cuckold.
>>
>>67783636
>You could make out the vague shape, but you could see the bodies of the witches at the end far more clearly, and they were just as far from the camera
No shit, they had their big bushes next to a big ass fire while Thomasin was mostly in the moonlight and shadows
It was still pretty big and up there, maybe you're just blind and gay lol

>"Artsy" movies generally have much more, and unobscured nudity of a main character.
What I meant was that it was the furthest they could go with showing the ass of an underage girl

>>67783733
>he was more interested in seeing a boy's ass than a girl's
Sure thing gayboy
>>
>>67783754
She's not underage. But they did show the ass of an underage boy as you clearly admitted in an earlier post.

Please stop.
>>
>>67783808
>She's not underage.
The character clearly was

>>67783808
>But they did show the ass of an underage boy as you clearly admitted in an earlier post.
For about 0,5 seconds behind a fence post, you fag
>>
>>67783754

She wasn't underage when they made the movie. The character's age is irrelevant. Do you know how many slasher movies have "teenage" characters (played by legal adults, like actress playing Thomasin) showing their tits and ass?

You're clearly misremembering the scene, and you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>67783909
>You're clearly misremembering the scene,
Just because you're a blind homo doesn't mean everyone else is
The ass was fat and the ass was visible
>>
>>67777111
Great movie, 8/10. Genuinely felt scared by some of it, like proper fear instead of jump scares.

I did find the ending good but a little lacking.

I thought the twist with Black Philip was great.

Did anyone hear the deep and dark voice from the end of the trailer in the movie? I thought it might be the witch or devil, but I never heard that dark voice in the whole movie. I think that voice would have been more suited to the voice of the Devil than the one they used.

I thought the feeling of not knowing who was to blame was really well done, I did find myself accusing the girl and the twins and the son of being possessed at different times.
>>
>>67783986
But what did you think about the ass scene?
>>
>>67783909
>>67783967
This is all irrelevant as it was almost certainly not Anya Taylor-Joy's buttocks we see.
>>
>>67783967

You sound like a virgin, which was my first thought when I realized they weren't actually going to show her ass.

>"Were all the people hyping it up in that thread 12 year old boys, or something?"

Now, I see I was correct.
>>
>>67784059
>you sound like a virgin
>says the person who was distraught at apparently being lied to about an ass shot
lol
>>
>>67784097

>lol

Yep, you're 12.
>>
>>67784139
>if I call him 12 maybe people won't think I'm a virgin
lol
>>
The acting was excellent. The girl was super hot.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.