[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies no one actually likes, but many pretend to for memetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
pic related
>>
File: abf.png (436 KB, 524x600) Image search: [Google]
abf.png
436 KB, 524x600
>memetic effect
>>
John here, ask me anything.
>>
>>67776392
Proof...................................................................
>>
>>67776424
Check my twitter page 2 hours time.
>>
>>67776392
>>67776481
>implying a negro can go more than 2 minutes on the internet without spending the rest of the day masturbating and watching World Star HipHop
>>
>>67776336

I actually loved it

None of you seem to understand the amazing satanic/pagan undertones of Luthors scenes.

Most obviously he constantly talks about biblical events as if they are happening right now. Gods/Demons he speaks that as if they are interchangeable. He even calls Supermans mom a Witch. His monologue their was great.

The part I first realized this was his blood ritual with Zods body. The scene was shown as some super space tech that changes zod but it was truly a horrific ritual basically taking ones soul.

He literally does a sci fi style Séance in the deleted scene communinicating with a demon like general from apocolpyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I love this mess of a movie. The demonic imagery reminds me of Childhood's End a wonderful novel if you don't know of it. The aliens in it are depicted as what western society views Devils, they even use a Ouija board to communicate. Creepy great stuff.
>>
>>67776555
Whoops, someone is a bit mad
>>
both Thor movies
Iron Man 3
Spider-Man 3
>>
>>67776336
Equestria Girls
>>
>>67776392
How does it feel to be part of the machine that's running culture to the ground?
>>
>>67776612
Spoken like a true patron saint of the arts.
>>
>>67776698

Star wars isn't running culture to the ground.
>>
>>67776612
This is the thing. It's a mess of a movie, but just about every scene has some kind of significance to it like that. It's incredibly dense, but in terms of editing and pacing it's just a complete hot mess.

You've got all these Batman scenes which generally feel pretty close to perfect; the fights with Batman are leagues better than what we got in the Nolan films, and Batfleck does a pretty good job selling the role. It's a nifty interpretation. Then we've got all this baggage and momentum from MoS trying to integrate with it. Which only works about half the time because Cavil's Superman is just flat out not as interesting as Afleck's Bruce Wayne. The two are just world's apart in terms of who's more interesting to watch on screen. Then we've got this spazeroid Lex Luthor with his own biblical shit going on while he also spergs out all over the place. I still don't know what the end goal was. The whole bomb/frame superman plot was kind of interesting, but it had no real pay-off.

Not sure what to think of the film. Some sequences inside it absolutely work and completely sell what they were trying to. Other times the movie falls flat on its face. The whole movie was far too long, and I wish they had cut the flash, cyborg, and Aquaman sequence. We didn't need it, and Wonder Woman didn't feel very organic.
>>
>>67776770
Why did you imply that I was referring to Star Wars?
>>
>>67776336
I enjoyed it friend.

I stayed off 4chan and reddit for 3 weeks, finally saw it today

batman using guns and killing people was upsetting

everything else was ok

i give it a 73/100
>>
>>67776907
>It's a mess of a movie
It's not a mess, it is so tightly woven that it is overwhelming at first, so it requires time and patience to understand.
>>
>>67776392
You're the Jar Jar of the new movies. How does that make you feel?
>>
BvS
Star Wars 1237
Dredd
Watchmen
V For Vendetta
Batman Begins and Rises
>>
File: unpolishableturd.jpg (2 MB, 1688x2500) Image search: [Google]
unpolishableturd.jpg
2 MB, 1688x2500
>>67776336
nobody should unironically like this movie
>b-but muh hulkbuster
>muh liz
seriously get fucked, niggers. Shit was terrible
>>
>>67777085
>nobody should unironically like this movie
And what makes you think that your opinion has so much weight and insightfulness?
>>
Hopefully I have your attention.

I'm trying to remember a movie , it's sci-fi / fantasy there's a whole bunch of 16-18 yo girls in like a mental institute/expetimentation facility and there's a scene where a labotomy is about to be performed but instead it goes into a full on action movie where the girl fights like giant robots or some shit and all sorts of video game boss types , the girls use kung fu and guns and swords. It's visually spectacular and sound track was fucking sweet.

This ring any bells?
>>
>>67776943
What else would you be referring to?
>>
>>67776336
Oy
>>
>>67777035
I'm a supporting cast of a star wars movie? Feels absolutely great!!
>>
>>67777378
sucker punch
>>
>>67777378
Woops meant to make that a new thread but still anyone ?
>>
>>67777445
Oh that's it thank you anon
>>
>>67776336
Speaking purely for Reddit, we love the movie over there. And some of my best conversations about it have taken place on /tv/, though I admit they could possibly have been fellow Redditors. So no, at least some of us genuinely enjoy this movie.
>>
>>67776991
It's hard to say without sounding pretentious, but I totally agree.

It's densely plotted, but it's totally possible to understand what's going on if you keep up. I can understand "confusing" but it's certainly not a mess since everything makes sense if you follow closely.

As for people saying there needs to be 5 solo films to set everything up, how do you think most movies work? They need to introduce an entire cast, make us feel for them, make them go through dramatic arcs, and reach a conclusion. BvS being dense doesn't make it bad, in fact I liked it because a lot was going on and it wasn't stretched out to fill up extra movies.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.