[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this, it was excellent. I thought DC movies were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: manofsteel.jpg (51 KB, 295x437) Image search: [Google]
manofsteel.jpg
51 KB, 295x437
Just watched this, it was excellent.
I thought DC movies were just capeshit movies but dark and edgy, but no.
I can't believe this was by the same guy who made 300 and Watchmen.
Holy shit, why does this get memed on and Marvel movies get tons of praise?
Because of "not muh superman"?
I have become a believer in capekino.
>>
File: 3 seconds to smear frame.jpg (16 KB, 586x268) Image search: [Google]
3 seconds to smear frame.jpg
16 KB, 586x268
>>67776241
Stop, invincible son. Maybe you shouldn't be shitposting.
>>
>>67776315
See, every criticism of this movie I've seen has been either nitpicking or memes like this. The scene was a little bit contrived, but it worked perfectly on a thematic and emotional level.
>>
File: 1459617973619.jpg (318 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1459617973619.jpg
318 KB, 2404x845
>iqlet plebs don't even know the real superman quote unquote "capekino"

Just go back to /v/, outsider
>>
>>67776241
Alright Snyder, go get some rest.
>>
>>67776365
>The scene was a little bit contrived, but it worked perfectly on a thematic and emotional level

>goes back to rescue a family pet which is reasonable
>stubs his toe and doesn't even try to get away at all
>Clark sits idle while one of the people he cares most about in the world dies
>completely ignoring all the ways he could save him without raising any immediate suspicions that he's an alien

The only thing thematic about it is relating to the scene earlier
>Jor-el tells the council the planet is doomed
>"How can we, a species that has mastered terraforming and interstellar travel, manage to escape"
>"No, keep everyone on the planet and let them die. But let me send my science project, only that deserves to survive"

>"What was I supposed to do? Just leave them all to die?"
>"Yes! I wanted those kids to drown! Do you know how risky it is, letting one person who is incredibly dazed and confused see the possibility of you standing out of the bus?"
>>
>>67776241
It's mediocre that's why.

Not because of "ima retard" memes like this >>67776315
>>
i loved it. way better then BvS because it took its goddamn time instead of racing to the finish line.
>>
>>67776566
>Clark sits idle while one of the people he cares most about in the world dies
You completely missed the point of the scene. His father wanted Clark's powers to be a secret until the time was right. By allowing him to die, he was honoring his father's wish. It wasn't "I'm going to let you die for no reason", it was a "I really don't like this, but I'm going to trust you dad"

>"Yes! I wanted those kids to drown! Do you know how risky it is, letting one person who is incredibly dazed and confused see the possibility of you standing out of the bus?"
This is just a meme. An imperfect but moral man weighing the life of his own son against the lives of many becomes some psychopath mad at his son for not individually drowing each kid on that bus with his own hands. It's funny, but it's not what happened.
>>
I agree, fucking excellent movie.

It saddens me there are people who genuinely dont understand it and automatically assume they are flaws because they have to be right.

not saying it's not flawed but without that it would be a legit 10/10
>>
>>67776566
Fucking hell mate you are retarded.

Look up flashpoint superman for just some of the reasons kent was right about
>>
>>67776900
>You completely missed the point of the scene
No, I got the point. It's just a bad point and portrays Johnathan Kent as an asshole and an idiot.
>Clark ignores his father's wish and runs up to grab him
>thanks to super strength and speed he's able to shield his father and get back under the bypass
>"Oh wow" says one slightly less drunken redneck that was just coherent enough to track Clark with a stopwatch. "That was amazing speed you just showed"
>"Adrenaline is a hell of a drug"
>Everyone shuts up forever about this

After this we see Clark saving people and showing off super human feats like ripping off burning hot metal doors. His response? Run away.
What if he got back to the under pass and just did that.
>See you strange couple I never met before.
>Then fucks right off

>This is just a meme
Because you come to 4chan for quality human interaction?
>becomes some psychopath mad at his son for not individually drowing each kid
Each kid was drowning. Imagine at a pool a kid is drowning and is within arm's reach of several people.
For Clark it was as easy as extending a hand.
To sit there and just watch that kid in the pool drown is the act of a human devoid of empathy. A sociopath.
>>
File: 1M0YG6-d3m-150x150[1].jpg (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1M0YG6-d3m-150x150[1].jpg
6 KB, 150x150
>>67777200
You are deluded, what the fuck is this nonsense
>>
>>67777065
Please tell me how that applies to the movie?
>Government finds out there is an alien living among them
>Does jack all about it and doesn't give the slightest shit, even in the sequel

What would have made people think Clark was an alien if he just ran really fast?
Why did Johnathan not even try to get away? He sprained his ankle at the worst.
>>
>>67777404
If the govt. found Clark as a kid (i.e. when he's completely inexperienced) then flashpoint superman would occur.

And the other side of Kents' fears was that Clark embracing his powers would irrevocably change the world, which it did, and almost ended in the annihilation of the entire human race, twice.
>>
File: The_Sweet_Hereafter_poster.jpg (62 KB, 508x755) Image search: [Google]
The_Sweet_Hereafter_poster.jpg
62 KB, 508x755
>>67776566
the bus scene was not intended for plebs to begin with
>>
>>67776241

yeah i just saw it too and i thought it was shit
>>
>>67776241
DESIST, INDOMITABLE OFFSPRING
>>
>>67777200
Please learn to a approach a movie properly instead of just spouting nitpicks and "But what if"s.

>To sit there and just watch that kid in the pool drown is the act of a human devoid of empathy. A sociopath.
The fact that you can't understand why a father might struggle with the right choice in this situation seems to imply that you're the sociopath here.
Or you're just a memer who didn't understand the movie at all.
>>
>>67776566
>Yes! I wanted those kids to drown! Do you know how risky it is, letting one person who is incredibly dazed and confused see the possibility of you standing out of the bus?"
opinion discarded.
>>
>>67776241
you might like this video OP. it really made me go from thinking this film is a good film to it being a near masterpiece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
>>
>>67776241
I liked Man of Steel strictly because I wanted a Superman movie with huge fight scenes, and that's exactly what I got. As a film it was passable I suppose; I cared just enough about Clark and Zod for the fight to have a little emotional heft.

That said the fights were all I really liked.

BvS deserved all the shit it got though. It was such a huge goddamned mess it hurt a little.
They should've just focussed on Superman's rivalry with one of his other enemies, like Metallo or Brainiac.
>>
>>67777200
>>67776566

>mfw a superhero movie literally goes over peoples' heads
>>
>>67777292
Modern society has spawned a generation of cynical and entitled brats who seek shelter in power fantasies and escapism, and desperately crave for the approval of the masses at any cost.
>>
Fine you dont want Shitposts?

Why are the kryptonians trying to terraform earth, when the earth atmosphere is not only extremely nutritious and healthy for the kryptonians but also gives them super powers? In comparison superman almost passes out and starts coughing up blood because of the Kryptonian atmosphere when he's kidnapped and on their ship.
>>
>>67777535
>If the govt. found Clark as a kid
How? Because some kid seemed to run really fast to save his father from a tornado?
Even if they got engulfed by it and Clark emerged unscathed from it, dragging his father under the bypass, what would make people think he's an alien and give the government the go ahead to take him in?

>almost ended in the annihilation of the entire human race, twice
Out side threats forced him to use his powers to save the planet and innocent people. Twice.

>>67777541
>>67777645
>>67777640
>You just don't understand!
>A good father will tell his son not to help people and let children die
So fucking deep
>>
>>67777702
Then why are people who fully understand the hamfisted themes still deriding it for being amateurish and even immature?

Plenty of people got it. They just didn't like it.
>>
>>67777913
not even replying to this shit seriously but

>Out side threats forced him to use his powers to save the planet and innocent people. Twice.

that's not what happened.
>>
>MOS
>Great

I just rewatched it the other day and the first 30 minutes (just like BVS) is actually really good

Then it turns to shit
>>
>>67777760
Are you fucking serious, wannabe /tv//lit/? Snyder is an extremely cynical objectivist.
>>
>doesn't save his dad because "they might find out"

>supermans abilities literally allow him to travel faster than a speeding bullet

>implying anyone would see him whisk his family away

>killing all those innnocents in metropolis

>killing zod

>lois lane casting which gets dragged into bvs

Movie sucks m8
>>
>>67778039
>>supermans abilities literally allow him to travel faster than a speeding bullet

>doesn't even know how to fly until years after
why are MoS haters so retarded?
>>
>>67777913
>A good father will tell his son not to help people and let children die
You really want to hate this movie don't you? He didn't say anything of the sort - you've allowed your head to be taken over by /tv/ memes.
>>
>>67778081

You're just adding more points as to why the movie sucks...
>>
firing snyder doesn't fix this. everything is based on his vision rn. they would need a reboot which means even more time and money wasted + falling behind marvel even more. btw justice league starts in a couple of weeks and he's directing that one too. they're basically fucked.
>>
>>67777913
you can't even quote him without memeing, why should i bother listening to what you have to say?
>>
One of the worst movies of 2013
>>
>>67778103
oh fuck i just got meme'd :DDD...............
>>
>>67778117
>rn

I love how you can tell all the people shitting on this movie are from /b/
>>
>>67777996

This
>>
>>67778134

So you don't want a thoughtful discussion you just want to shitpost?
>>
>>67778209
poor bait
>>
what is this "kino" meme I keep seeing?
>>
>>67778103
how?
>>
>>67776794
>way better then BvS because it took its goddamn time instead of racing to the finish line
literally the opposite of reality. nost complaints are it was too slow
>>
It had a coherent story atleast

More than can be said for BVS
>>
>>67778186
dont this your own post anon, it's sad
>>
>>67778103
>NOT MUH SUPAMAN
>>
>>67778255

Because superman inherently flys he doesn't have to learn.
>>
>>67778083
>that's not what happened.
He scolded Clark for getting caught using his powers
Clark asked him if he should have let the kids drown rather than having some dazed and semi-conscious kid see him standing at the back of the bus
>"Maybe"
Stop trying to act like the movie is some artistic masterpiece that only you can see. Johnathan literally says that just letting the kids die is a fucking option.
>>
>>67777200
this is obviously the exact same DC hater/troll on every thread just naysaying everything said about these films
he must never get outside his piss smelling bedroom
>>
>>67778298
>superman inherently flys
at what scene?
>>
I love it when big things flop/get bad reviews
>>
>>67778331
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPES
>>
>>67778002
Why are you spouting the same responses from other threads? Are you incapable of forming a coherent thought of your own? And no, Snyder's vision exaltates the importance of inspiration and cooperation, you missed the mark by a mile.
>>
File: Kino.jpg (83 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
83 KB, 640x326
>>67778242
It means that you completely disregard any and all source material and shit post about how a movie where a guy pisses into a jar is some deep masterpiece.
>>
>Just watched this, it was excellent.
Okay. I'm guessing your next line will be an example of how it was excellent
>I thought DC movies were just capeshit movies but dark and edgy, but no.
Oh okay so NEXT line will be an example of how they arent dark and edgy
>I can't believe this was by the same guy who made 300 and Watchmen.
O-oh... Kay... So they aren't dark and edgy because the guy who strictly makes dark and edgy films made it? Well at least next line will give an example of how this doesnt feel like a Zack Snyder film, r-right?
>Holy shit, why does this get memed on and Marvel movies get tons of praise?
I... I mean it could be because you're literally memeing right now and theres nothing about this movie to defend. Well you still have two lines left to defend it, I'm excited to hear your examples
>Because of "not muh superman"?
Literally nobody is saying this. People have been talking about the main antagonists complete lack of a motivation (if you're afraid of an alien god, a good idea is NOT making a bigger alien god to kill that alien god. he's apparently afraid of superman but the FIRST thing doomsday did is try to punch Lex Luthor to death and superman saved him.) And batman is a murderer. They are introducing a new Batman who is a vicious killer, so I have no idea who this character is supposed to be.
>I have become a believer in capekino.
k. nice meme kid.
>>
I hated it. The entire theatre was falling asleep. The only time people woke up and applauded was when the Wonder Woman music came on and she appeared. I was with an audience full of nerds on a special showing and people's moods were so low by the end. We had one kid in front of us scream "ARE THEY BROTHERS?" when the Martha thing happened though and that was probably the highlight of the entire movie for me.
>>
I don't get all the Pa Kent complaints.

At no point was he directly telling Clark what to do or what was the right choice. The point was that he didn't know what would happen. He's never raised an alien child with super abilities before.

Pa loved him. It was his son. He only wanted what was best for him but feared the reaction of the world. How the fuck do you explain to a kid that his entire existence on earth is something that will change the entirety of mankind?

And literally every single 'how come Clark didn't just ___ to save his dad' comment is just nitpicking. If that scene actually bothers you then it obviously went over your head.
>>
>>67778343
Yeah but when it comes to this it's bad thing because it inadvertantly promotes the objectively worse company
>>
>>67778292

Just an FYI I hate Superman he is my least favorite character and at my work I am referred to as a member of the KKKK (ku klux kryptonian klan) but that doesn't mean i don't know the character and understand the basic requirements for his shitty stories unlike hollywood apparently.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (712 KB, 1280x549) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
712 KB, 1280x549
>>67776410
punch drunk love truly is the greatest superman media.

shame its too slow and authentic for the /v/ cancer that's taken over this board.
>>
so, this is what /tv/ critiques had become?

>MUH COMICS
>""""""""""PLOT-HOLES""""""""""""
>BOX OFFICE
>>
>>67778298
Man, so you really are mentally defficient. Good to know.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg
best scene of all capeshit of all time
>>
>>67778298
literally the opposite of what happens in this film
he starts off just jumping, presumably in homage to Superman's original power set (leaps tall buildings in a single bound)
then he is seen fucking up flying until he eventually gets the hang of it
>>
>>67778316
This
Pa kent was pulling an Uncle Ben and saying with great power and all the rest, the difference being he didn't want to have that responsibility thrust onto his son, knowing that the moment the world knew he could never go back to being just Clark. He wanted his son to make the choice when he was ready, that's also why he let himself die because he didn't want to be the reason Clark was forced to carry that responsibility on his shoulders
>>
>>67776410
>PDL
>kino
it's a feature
>>
>>67778399
weak bait mate and shitty lies
>>
>>67778450

I'm not talking about in the movie you fuckin tards that comment is part of a chain of responses.
>>
>>67778361
no shit, im trying to tell him that it isn't an argument to say the movie sucks being muh sups does this in the picture book. The film is different and stands on it's own merits
>>
>>67778404
>At no point was he directly telling Clark what to do or what was the right choice
he scolded him for saving the kids and being seen out the corner of the eye by a single kid that was almost unconscious

He told him maybe he should have let the kids drown.

>How the fuck do you explain to a kid that his entire existence on earth is something that will change the entirety of mankind?
You fucking don't when the next thing you say to him is to never use your powers to save people even when it's extremely easy and of no consequence to him.
>>
>>67778429
>become
Thats cute
>>
>>67778374
You're just proving that you lack the ability to concentrate for more than 10 seconds and think.
>>
>>67778343
but it's sad when it's actually a good film
>>
>>67778509

>film is different and stands on its own merits

If that were the case the film would be it's own source material cuck
>>
File: 1446340203774.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446340203774.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>67778399
THIS ISNT EVEN THAT FUCKING MOVIE IM SO FUCKING INSULATED
>>
>>67778392
How much effort did you put into this fedoriffic response, when you didn't even get which movie I was talking about?
PS don't delete your post, it'll just show how sad you are
>>
>>67776241
Did you watch it with your ass?
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>67776241
People were expecting a two hour stand up routine of mid-fight bantz with zero suspense
>>
>>67778509
It's pointless to argue with these people.
Ironically the only redeeming thing in this board as of late have been MoS and BvS serious threads.
>>
>>67778429
They've always been that way. literally this board is shouting at each other hoping that you shout at someone with a reasonable discussion in between
>>
>>67778445
When did you realize this whole film is literally a metaphor for pregnancy?
first shot vs zod neck shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c
>>
>>67778445

fucking this. there is hardly a scene from capeshit such grandiour and emotion as that one. Maybe the train scene from Spider-Man 2 but this one is better imo
>>
>>67778615
I was in one thread for BvS with no shitposting, it was amazing.
MoS has them every now and again, but it upsets me cause i think MoS is a masterpiece
>>
>>67778579
Actually debunking literal retardation is a lot less of fedora tip than making wild euphoric claims about a bad film.

>wow this doesn't feel like a Zack Snyder film even though it has all his stapels, im gonna call it capekino cuz thats a dank meme everybody can agree on
k.
Why not go back to the subreddit?
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>67776241
It was decent.

+ Actual memorable villains
+ Godlike action scenes, first time superhumans actually feel super.

- Takes itself too seriously
- SHAKY CLOSEUPS: THE MOVIE
>>
>>67778738
I still have no idea why people dislike it, it's genuinely amazing.

All i ever see is people latching on to either the Pa kent death or other random nitpicking.
>>
>>67778575
It is. It sets up the character itself, the world's itself, the villain itself. This film could exist being the very first Superman story ever, it just happens to also follow the source material really well, in terms of the world.

Comics don't have a one definite source btw, thats also a retarded argument. The film stands perfectly on it's own and only invites those who enjoy the comics, but also welcomes those who don't\. you are the equivalent of those faggots who protested over Amy Adams being cast because she has red hair
>>
>>67778844
or the Zod thing, but Pa kent is the only superhero mentor to be better than Uncle Ben because he actually saw the big picture and didn't want his son to take up a mantle he didn't want or need to take. and the zod death was literally saying that there are no moral absolutes, im not saying BvS is good or bad because i want to see the Snyder cut but i will say MoS and Watchmen or unironically the best capeshit out there because they have something to say and they show what Snyder is capable of as a director.
>>
>>67778257
>too slow

No one said it was too slow they said it was too boring. not the same thing.

how BvS manages to be fast paced and boring is beyond me but they did it.

The reason why its fast is because it tries to cram too much shit into one movie and it has to streamline batman and superman's development to make room for everything else.
>>
>>67778866

If the film stood perfect on it's own it wouldn't be a superman movie derived from decades of source material.
>>
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON, YOUR HANDS MIGHT GET DIRTY .....LET ME AND THE CHILDREN DIE!
>>
File: STOP.jpg (45 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
45 KB, 853x353
>>67778998
>>
>>67778997
When autistic man children get mad because a film doesn't "stick to the source material" when referring to cape films, what source material are they even speaking of?

Comics are a joke of a story telling medium because they get rewritten and handed off to writers sometimes twice a year. There is no consistency to their lore. There are off shoots and alternate worlds, one offs, tributes, etc that get runs constantly. What the fuck is the source material?
It's actual autism.
>>
>>67778664
The central theme is the birth of Superman.
BvS's central theme is Superman reaching manhood.
>MMM BOYS
>Boys are born with no natural inclination to share.
>Boys share too.

Batman and Superman are still boys that learn to cooperate thanks to the intervention of the maternal figures of Lois and Diana.
>>
>>67778972
I didnt even want to post Zodd's death or motives because I feel like the people complaining about them are trolling, but yeah i agree, MoS and Watchmen are really the only superhero movies that really made any sort of impact on me emotionally.
>>
>>67779084
If you think that little of the source material, why are you bothering to adapt it? Make your own original movie with your own original story and your own original characters.
>>
>>67779084

Just stop you're writing nonsense. Comics don't get "rewritten" sometimes like maybe once every 5 years you might get a retcon that revisits a previous story and adds something that wasn't particularly said to improve reasoning to the current happenings but that's about it.

Also most major books (the ones were arguing about) are handled by the same writer for multiple years at a time.

Don't shit talk something you know nothing about like you do and then try to continue our disagreement.
>>
>>67778972
Watchmen was good because the source material is so damn good. Everything that's wrong with Watchmen movie is Snyder's fault. It should have been a plainly shot TV series, like The Wire with superheroes or something.
>>
>>67779144

This. Why keep shitting on the source material as if it doesn't matter and tell people to quit complaining about it not matching up when you could be writing and making movies without it?
>>
>>67779165
>Everything that's wrong with Watchmen movie is Snyder's fault
what about the octopu- oh wait
>>
>>67779144
Snyder doesn't think that little of the source material. He's actually aware that he's dealing with one of the most iconic characters in popular mythos, he respects Superman immensely. And accordingly he strives to elevate the medium in order for it to fill Superman's shoes.
>>
>>67779241
BTFO
>>
>>67779155
What are the Crisis Stories?
What is the New 52?
Why are you in denial?
>>
>>67779202
I actually agree about this change. They could not have possibly fit all the shit that happens in the comics to properly foreshadow the Octopus. And that's another reason it should have been a TV series, there is too much stuff going on.
>>
>>67779241

Yet somehow falls short in magnitudes.
>>
File: gas-allstar-02.jpg (546 KB, 970x1156) Image search: [Google]
gas-allstar-02.jpg
546 KB, 970x1156
>>67779241
>he strives to elevate the medium in order for it to fill Superman's shoes
>watches his father get torn apart in a tornado
>>
>>67776241
Because Clark could actualy have realistically saved his father without overt power use, since his own father reached the car before the tornado hit.
Because rather than killing Zod right then and there, he could have just jumped away with Zod in tow.
Because the entire thing is barely coherent and jumps from one time to the next without logic.
Because the obvious Christ symbolism is so overdone that any other theme is swallowed by it.
Because the Kryptonians would be much better off living on the planet as is rather than creating a new Krypton.
Because Lois was a walking plot device and not an actual character.
Because Jor-El is an ass who perpetuats doubts in his son.
Because Clark should nothave realistically won in a direct confrontation against a trained soldier who already has an idea of how to fight with super strength even before the earth caused power up.
Because there is no sense of challenge from both side since even with the massive impacts there are no bruises, not even a bloody nose. They are punching each other out with absolutely no effect.
Because Superman is made out to be actually boring.
Because for all the tentative symbolism in the film, it is the equivalent of a Micheal Bay movie. Except Bay can do a brainless flick, whereas Snyder is cramming references to appear smart which comes off as busy and childish.
>>
The only good thing about the movie was the Kryptonia chick
>>
>>67779375
DC hating cunt saying the exact same shit again
>>
>>67778242
A movie that's legit shit but redditors pretend it had some deep complex meaning behind it
>>
>>67779241
>he respects Superman immensely
He told IGN he killed him so Batman can be the leader of the Justice League and not Superman, because Batman is cool
>>
>>67779165
Snyder is the most unintelligent person in hollywood

His godawful adaptation of Watchmen pretty much proves it
>>
>>67779305
More like entitled manchildren fail to grasp it emotionally and intelectually, and incessantly complain about petty shit because they feel like they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.
Don't worry, Snyder's so aware of this that BvS practically took a magnificent artistic shit on these people and they didn't even notice. And he knew that they weren't going to notice. The whole film criticizes this way of thinking. Most of the complaints from fanboys were actually deliberate artistic choices fully aware of the consequences. People haven't noticed that their reaction to BvS was exactly how Snyder predicted they were going to react.
Face it, you're out of your league here.
>>
File: deadinside.png (98 KB, 311x212) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.png
98 KB, 311x212
>>
Best scene in MOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
>>67779420
Damage Control Entertainment plugging their ears again
How long till you make your next thread asking "Why don't people love this worthless shit?" while completely ignoring every attempt people make to spell it out for you?
>>
File: 1442603413347.jpg (1 MB, 3638x1634) Image search: [Google]
1442603413347.jpg
1 MB, 3638x1634
/capeshit/? when
>>
>>67778765
While 300 and Watchmen felt almost like the point of them was so that Snyder could indulge in his trademark stylized violence, and were also very dark and stylized over all, Man of Steel, is fundamentally a positive and uplifting film. Though it does have the requisite amount of fighting required for a superhero blockbuster, it truly shines in the scenes where Clark is with his parents, and learning to be a good person. The 'Superman in the real world' could easily be used to create some edgy and cynical narrative - "Look at Superman and how horrible he would be in reality!" - but instead a positive one about a man learning to be a hero. The focus is on this, not the violence or darkness.
>>
File: 1415227956849.jpg (43 KB, 342x377) Image search: [Google]
1415227956849.jpg
43 KB, 342x377
>>67779442
>29%
>80% drop at the box office
>>
File: Zack Snyder.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Zack Snyder.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
>>67779442
>Jokes on you, I was only directing retarded
>>
>>67779513

>uplifting film
>1 billion people die
>>
File: 1430845570395.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1430845570395.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>67779448
kek
>>
File: 1456108404599.jpg (1 MB, 3638x1634) Image search: [Google]
1456108404599.jpg
1 MB, 3638x1634
>>67779489
seriously lads
>>
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
>>67779305
He should just stick to simpler stories. 300 worked and it's an action movie masterpiece, Zack's heart is in the right place and he's a genius when it comes to cool visuals. So why the fuck do you want to direct complicated shit with difficult characters instead of action movies.
>>
>>67779442
>people actually believe this
>>
>>67779372
This page has more emotional impact than Snyder's entire filmography.
>>
>>67779567
>He should just stick to simpler stories. 300 worked and it's an action movie masterpiece, Zack's heart is in the right place and he's a genius when it comes to cool visuals. So why the fuck do you want to direct complicated shit with difficult characters instead of action movies.

Glad to see somebody with my exact opinion.

Snyder would've been brilliant in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>67779481
But everything you keep saying is complete crap, fueled by an obvious concealed ideology or just contrarian 4chan hatred.
>>
>>67779442
How did he take an artistic shit on people? Please enlighten me. Since I am too stupid to find out for myself.
>>
Why don't you just wear a fucking mask Clark!
>>
>>67779661

>DONT SAVE NIGGERS CLARK

Wow really?
>>
>>67779616
>if I just keep disregarding every point against the movie and keep saying you're biased, it'll almost be like the DC movies aren't disliked
Keep slapping those flippers on that keyboard you stubborn walrus of a human. You'll boost BvS up to 30% where it belongs.
>>
>>67779537
>the same people who nitpick and complain the movie isn't realistic enough think it's reasonable for godlike beings to fight on Earth without causing any collateral damage
>>
>>67779758
your bait is fucking weak
>>
>>67779828
Please stahp
>>
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON JUST LET ME FUCKING DIE!
>>
>I don't want to live in a water world!
>>
File: 1432723413400.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1432723413400.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>Gods and men and men and gods and gods and angels and men and power and angels come from down below and men will kill gods but if not the devil will kill men and gods and god and wellcome to your doomsday gods
>>
>>67778843
I love Shaky closeups
>>
>>67778399
>applauding a fucking movie

Just what is wrong with people literally yelling and cheering at a screen? It's not like the creators could hear it.
>>
>>67780265
Heat of the moment I guess
>>
>>67779144

Because it does keep close to the core of the original material
>>
>>67778445
It's me or he look like fucking Christopher Reeves at 0:39s ?
>>
>>67779375

All of those "points" are retarded
>>
This or BvS shouldn't be talked about here anymore like with The Knick. It's above the level of discourse discussed here and honestly their too smart for people.
>>
>>67776365
am i being memed?
>>
>>67780420
>Pa Kent tells Clark not to help people
>Clark murders a semi truck out of revenge rather than standing up to a jerk
>Clark living on the run for a decade for no reason
>Superman showing more emotional distress over killing a genocidal lunatic than the people that died in Metropolis
It's like they thought the core of the character was his costume
Then they took away the red underwear
>>
>>67780568
>their too smart for people
I have a hard time taking you seriously.
>inb4 typo
That's not a typo, that's you confusing homophones.
>>
>>67777996
after young clark is shit, the fights are good
>>
File: reeeeeeeee.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeee.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67780568
>i-it's too d-deep the plebs just d-don't understand
>>
>>67780712
He's right.
>>
File: 1459626472423.jpg (74 KB, 264x299) Image search: [Google]
1459626472423.jpg
74 KB, 264x299
>>67780741
sure he is
>>
>le deep meme

DCcucks are the worst
>>
File: 1459468561732.png (288 KB, 539x300) Image search: [Google]
1459468561732.png
288 KB, 539x300
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON!
>>
>>67780741
Prove it.

Give examples. And try not to reach too hard.
>>
>>67780603

So it's the not muh superman argument again. Congratulations for you
>>
>>67777777
>>
>>67780868
>>67780896
Here you go
>>
>>67780896
He will just quote pointless symbolism that has no actual meaning behind it
>>
>>67780958
If there was a Donald Duck cartoon where all he did was violently rape, you'd be ok with that?
>>
>>67781014

There have been plenty of examination behind the meanings of the symbolisms from both anons and movie experts, try harder
>>
>>67781014
I think he just did.>>67780991

But go on then. Give me some more examples.

And an explanation would be nice. Educate me. But keep it simple, my little mind can only understand so much.
>>
>>67780958
What if a new silence of the lambs was released and Dr Lecter was a meme spewing vegan nigger?
>>
File: image_20.jpg (49 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
image_20.jpg
49 KB, 690x460
> Excellent
Stopped reading right there.
>>
piece of shit flick t b h mi familia

hack snyder stop raping supes pls
>>
>>67781030

Well, for one, that's an overblown analogy. For second, if that Donald Duck cartoon would be interesting with some ideas, yes, I'd be okay with that
>>
>>67781078
>riddle the movie with Jesus imagery

And what of it? It means nothing
>>
>>67781118

>comparing silence of the lambs to a stock cartoon character meant to entertain little children
>>
It unironically became one of my favorite movies after I saw it a second time, it's not even a superhero movie.

The movie is literally too smart and too emotional for this board of emotionally stunted, intellectually retarded /pol/ filth.
>>
>>67781186

It means that mythology is part of human culture and reborns after time
>>
>>67780896
>>
>>67781211
kek what a piece of shit
>>
>>67781250
Superman is nothing like Jesus, you would know this if you weren't some fedora-tipping lala homo-man
>>
>>67781211
are you me?>>67781282
but your right it's a scifi first
>>
>>67780457
Spliced reeves face in there to commemorate him.
>>
>>67781327
>Superman is nothing like Jesus

Maybe so, but comparisons could be made
>>
File: 1416173535037.png (26 KB, 396x322) Image search: [Google]
1416173535037.png
26 KB, 396x322
>>67781211
>put two unrelated scenes side by side
>it means something
>>
>>67781250
This isn't remotely eye-opening, enlightening, genius, or anything really.
It's film school-tier symbolism that's been done to death.

The Matrix sequels also had religious imagery. Does that magically make those good too?
>>
>>67781186
>jesus imagery
what does the Jesus imagery mean in MoS? Snyder likes using it, yes, but he always has a fucking point behind it
>>
Can someone explain to me why an alien species with obvious interplanetary travel chooses to die on Krypton? So far, no DC fan has been able to explain this retarded plot hole to me and it really soured my experience with this movie right from the get go as well as:

>Zod is probably their most dangerous and violent criminal.
>Krypton knows it's going to be forever annihilated
>Instead of just locking up Zod and keeping him on the planet until everyone dies, they send him to the phantom zone where he has a chance of escaping
>They do this on a massive ship that probably could've been used to save thousands of Kryptonians but instead waste it on super criminal Zod.
>Why doesn't everyone on Krypton just go to the Phantom Zone if it offers a slight chance for survival instead of staying on a doomed planet

Like, the basic setup of the movie is so stupid and nonsensical-how does anyone defend it?

Also, I usually don't care about product placement that much and I understand it's a necessary evil to fund big budget movies but in MoS it was really intrusive and obvious. Badly so, and I just couldn't take shit seriously with brands being shoved into my face every 10 minutes. Maybe that's just me though.

Those are my personal biggest peeves with the movie but there are several more. Sorry DC fans, but the movie just isn't great. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but it definitely wasn't the strong comeback DC needed to win over plebs.
>>
>>67781138
No mate, all he does is rape, like a duck.
That still cool?
>>67781200
You're avoiding the question. Would you be happy with a Black Vegan Dr. Lecter who vomits memes? Yes or No?
>>
File: 490.jpg (48 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
48 KB, 627x626
>>67781374
>>
>>67781391
SUPERMAN PUNCH GOOD!
>>
>>67781370
No it couldn't, not at all
>>
>>67781386
>Does that magically make those good too?

No, but it means they had some ideas behind them besides making some dollars, which is rare from blockbuster movies
>>
>>67781374

The entire movie is filled with that sort of imagery, that was done intentionally. The way the scenes are cut isn't a coincidence. Sorry you're too obsessed with your pointless negative narrative about a director to appreciate it.
>>
>>67781391
That supes is messianic?
SO DEEP.
>>
>>67781397
>Can someone explain to me why an alien species with obvious interplanetary travel chooses to die on Krypton?

Well in the comic their hubris blinds them to Krypton dying
>>
>>67781441

So you never cared about Superman as a character. That's cool I guess
>>
>>67781476
>the scene was cut so that Supermans scream coincides with some alien cow mooing

Yeah sure buddy
>>
>>67781480
But he isn't, not in any way, shape of form

A messiah is actively striving to change the paradigm and usher in a new age
>>
>>67781186
>It means nothing
Superman, of the house of El (God), rejects the rigid, dogmatic laws of the old way and creates his own, and is a child of both Krypton (Heaven) and Earth. His ways are not compatible with his true people (Jews) and is adopted by another race (Gentiles).
>>
>>67781520
Tell me how Superman has any paralel to Jesus, I will be waiting
>>
>>67781486

Okay, cool that's fine in the comic. But in the movie they portray the Kryptons as knowing full well what is happening and just accepting it.
>>
>>67781455
And yet they were still shit that got the reception they deserved.

Trying to be more than just a cashgrab just isn't enough. You need the ability to pull it off.
>>
>>67781282
I did ask for not too much reaching but ok.

Your entire argument is that he can be edited to scream at the same time as his baby self then at the same time as that animal. And you equivocate his mother with both Zod and Lois. Which I take it you mean is that those are the birthing pains of the hero, both his actual birth and his birth as Superman.

Ok.

Next?
>>
File: BvSS.png (190 KB, 568x321) Image search: [Google]
BvSS.png
190 KB, 568x321
I know it's bait, but still...
>>
>>67781606
They were both killed and resurrected.

That's one.
>>
>>67781525

The entire movie is filled with imagery of birth. The entire movie is about birth.

>bringing up the cow and not the baby

wow
>>
>>67781598
>>67781606
lmao
>>
>>67781598
>rejects the rigid, dogmatic laws of the old way and creates his own

That doesn't happen though, what dogmatic laws and old ways does Superman reject?

When the fuck did God reject dogma? It's literally impossible for God to reject anything because he isn't bound by anything in the first place.

You are a complete moron
>>
File: son.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
son.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
late but whatever
>>
>>67781419

>You're avoiding the question. Would you be happy with a Black Vegan Dr. Lecter who vomits memes? Yes or No?

If the character would make sense in the context of its story, then yes it could be completely good. But you're really trying to move the goalposts there. Superman is from alien planet raised as human who decides to use his superhuman powers to helphis planet, that's the character that was created in the thirties. There is no such thing as definitive version of Superman, the Superman from Kingdom Come, Injustice, Red Son and All Star Superman are just as much Superman as Snyder's Superman
>>
>>67781655
should be 30% lower t bh senpaitachi
>>
>>67781476
this
>>
>>67781397

People don't actually believe the planet is going to die. They send them to the phantom zone because their society is still carrying on as normally as possible at that point.
>>
>>67781684
You do know that Jesus literally says he did not come to make the old laws void.

You know that right? YOU KNOW THAT
>>
>>67781621
>And yet they were still shit

That's just your opinion bro
>>
>>67781655
>>67781721
samefag
>>
>>67781709
In reality his plan is shit.

But in the current DC filmverse his advice was sound. Revealing himself brought supes nothing but suffering, everyone hates him.
>>
>>67781709
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON....DON'T FORGET TO VISIT ME AT THE HIMALAYAS
>>
>>67781606
>Tell me how Superman has any paralel to Jesus

He saves humanity from its sins
>>
>>67781712
>I would be happy with an intelligent cannibal made into a moron vegan
You are lying to support your Superman stance.
>>
>>67781211
A coincidence. Nothing more.
>>
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." - Matthew 5:17

You fucks need to stop getting your information from Cracked and other garbage, you are embarrassing yourselves

>>67781836
What sin did Superman free humanity? What was humanities sin?

How did humanity wrong Superman?

Because I can tell you of what sin Jesus absolved.
>>
>>67781761
Bad melodrama makes for a shitty movie.
The Matrix sequels were the very picture of bad melodrama.
It's okay to like a bad movie. I actually liked the sequels. My opinion doesn't magically make the acting and direction better, though.
>>
>>67781836
Superman isn't Jesus, he's The Golem.
>>
>>67777866
>Why are the kryptonians trying to terraform earth
Aesthetics and nostalgia. He grew up on Krypton, and wanted his home planet back. If you are a physical god, terraforming a planet just so that it will be prettier to you is no more unreasonable than you or I rearranging our family rooms for a better view of the television.

>when the earth atmosphere is not only extremely nutritious and healthy for the kryptonians but also gives them super powers?
They just slightly changing the atmosphere but are still receiving sunlight.

Superman was coughing because he wasn't used to it. He spent decades adapting to Earth.
>>
>>67781894

>Superman falls to his knees at the exact moment we see the baby
>Cut to Lois/Cut to Lara, Cut back to Kal/Clark at the exact same moment
>Scream starts with the same facial expression and struggle and begins at the exact same moment
>Cynical Synder haters actually tell themselves this is a coincidence

How delusional are you mate? Just learn to appreciate the art even if it comes from a director your arbitrarily decided you didn't like.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPEORDGCnG8

creapy
>>
>>67782055
>How delusional are you mate? Just learn to appreciate the art even if it comes from a director your arbitrarily decided you didn't like.

Seriously. Prove that it's more than a coincidence.
All I'm seeing here is a director who has the same handful of camera angles in his head.
>>
>>67782055
Now tell me how the prominent alien cow fits into your theory, because you can just cherry-pick shit that works and ignore stuff that doesn't work
>>
>>67781751

But that's my problem-THEY DO KNOW. I may be imagining it, but I specifically remember that when they're talking to Supes' biological father that one of the people in red hats says something along the lines of, "The planet is dying and there's nothing we can do."

Can someone out there confirm this, because I remember this conversation being a pivotal reason why I thought this movie was fucking stupid.
>>
>>67781755
Do Christians follow the Jewish law?
>>
>>67782202
Yes, the old testament is an inherent part of Christian belief
>>
>>67782246
Do you know any Christians who refuse to eat pork, meat with cheese, or refuse to use elevators on the Sabbath?
>>
>>67782246
No, ask any Christian about how food of theirs is Kosher.
>>
>>67782149

The "cow" and the birds are marking the beginning of a new day. Animals make noise at sunrise. If you can't make the symbolic connection between a sunrise and the birth of Superman for yourself then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: 1415917634291.jpg (88 KB, 617x623) Image search: [Google]
1415917634291.jpg
88 KB, 617x623
>>67782296
>>67782335
>confusing the Tora for the Old Testament
>>
>mental gymnastics

Snyder is the most unintelligent and tasteless person who is currently polluting the movie industry
>>
File: 1419304874694.gif (401 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1419304874694.gif
401 KB, 500x372
>>67782372
>The "cow" and the birds are marking the beginning of a new day. Animals make noise at sunrise.
>>
>>67778524

He never told Clark to not save anyone. He said that he didn't know. Any parent would put the safety of their child above the rest. It's a HUMAN response.

Sorry that Jonathan Kent ins't perfect like in the comics.
>>
>>67777866
Did you watch the movie. It's literally spoonfed to you. They are genetically programmed to serve and protect Krypton. Zod couldn't keep earth the way it was even if he wanted to. If Krypton is gone and it is his purpose, and he has the means to create Krypton again, hes gonna do it. Plus the atmosphere may make them powerful but like Zod says, it's not without painful adaption.
>>
>>67781755
>implying
that's some shit arguments you have. even still the old law is void and Jesus brought about the beginning new law anyway
>>
>>67782377
Paul on The Law:
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
>>
>>67782377
>Do christians follow jewish law?
>Yes
>Point out that's wrong
>Those aren't Jewish laws, cause different books!!!
The answer was 'No, christians aren't Jewish.'
>>
>>67782246
>yes
Seventh Day adventist spotted
shit tier religion
>>
>>67782508
Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

English Standard Version
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Berean Study Bible
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Berean Literal Bible
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

New American Standard Bible
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Don't assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

etc.

Kill yourself please
>>
>>67782188
They do not state they know directly, but their energy reserves are empty so they voluntarily harvest the core of the planet, thus making it a certainty.

>>67782477
>painful adaption

It take Zod not even an hour. and for all we know, any newborn child would hardly need any help at all besides training for enhanced senses. Since Clark arrives as a newborn and receives no help at all.
>>
Im counting down the years until MoS is universally recognized as a masterpiece up there with Donner

Maybe the negative perception of BvS will make people look back on it kinder
>>
>>67782603
Fortunately it's never gonna happen
>>
File: 572.png (33 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
572.png
33 KB, 800x500
>>67782566
>yeah but that doesnt matter
>HERE ARE SOME QUOTES OF WHAT I JUST SAID
>>
>>67782603

This. I looked through the RT reviews after the last time I watched it and I noticed none of the negative reviews even recognized the possibility that the film had artistic merit, they were basically just judging it against the superhero standard formula or something.

>How was the CGI?
>Was it fun?
>muh destruction porn

I enjoy the fights in MoS a lot, but to me the movie really shines when nothing like that is happening.
>>
>>67782419

If you can't see how that was a Kryptonian version of a rooster crowing at sunrise then there's no hope for you. I guess what you need is a subtitle in parentheses saying "This is a symbolic parallel!"
>>
>>67782566
Despite what Jesus may in one Gospel (the Gospels definitely don't agree on everything), and the fact that the word 'fulfill' here could mean many things, Christ as he is understood in Christianity and by Christians is not necessarily the Christ of a particular Gospel. Much of Christianity is based on the writings of Paul, who says:
"23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian."
Remember I am not arguing whether or not Christ removed The Law in the bible, but that there is an idea of a Christ has gotten rid of the Law, and this is what Superman parallels.
>>
>>67782566
>mathew 22:37-40
>james 2:10
stop memeing and actually go to a church
>>
File: 1238378165687.jpg (3 KB, 97x126) Image search: [Google]
1238378165687.jpg
3 KB, 97x126
>>67782804
>Kryptonian version of a rooster
>>
>>67782805
>It doesn't matter what is said, what matters is how I interpret it...
Snyderfans
>>
>>67782578

ZOD A FUNDAMENTAL EXTREMIST AND XENOPHOBIC!
>>
>>67782878
Well the imagery of rooster on fence cocking out loud is commonly associated with rural farming areasp

Its a unique parallel with Kals eventual home
>>
>>67783070

He has to be trolling, I'm done responding. No idea what he's even criticizing at this point.
>>
>>67782919
The Trinity is never explicitly stated in the Bible, yet Christ is known to be part of the Trinity. If I said a character was like Christ because they were part of a trinity (you might be able to argue that Jor-El, Kal-El and the Codex from a trinity), would you say that's not what Christ is? But Christ is understood to be part of the Trinity like he is understood to have meant a freedom from rigid Jewish Law. Christianity more than one line in the Bible.
>>
>>67783111
I don't know either it's pretty clear at this point that Man of Steel fans have severe brain damage
>>
>>67783155

Give me a good complaint about the movie. Just one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.