[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more morally fucked up film? The entire point is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 500x743
Is there a more morally fucked up film?

The entire point is basically "don't be yourself and things will work out"
>>
teenage promiscuity: the musical

pretty good actually the way they picture fucked up criminal underages with funny catchy tunes
>>
>>67770221
>don't be yourself and things will work out
That's a good moral, that more people need to get ahold of.
>>
>>67770221
>"don't be yourself and things will work out"
isn't that true?
>>
I heard that it's more about breaking with societys expectations of you or some shit.
>>
>>67770512
>>67770535
>fedoras actually sharp that edge
no, go on, don't let me stop you.
>>
>>67770618
I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's true. conform and things will be much easier.
>>
>>67770221
Being yourself only works if you're rich.
>>
>>67770221
Most John Ford films have a "become the crowd" message too. That's why mos libshit critics love him.
>>
What does /tv/ think of the live tv musical version?
>>
>don't be yourself and things will work out
>>
File: 1449572525141.png (32 KB, 1231x115) Image search: [Google]
1449572525141.png
32 KB, 1231x115
>>67771804
Why Johnnie?
>>
File: olivia-newton-john.png (356 KB, 328x685) Image search: [Google]
olivia-newton-john.png
356 KB, 328x685
>>67770221
D R O P P E D
>>
>Guy seduces girl
>Acts like total cunt to her
>Win penis waving competition, she wants him back and becomes a slut to get him

Grease is an accurate depiction of women desu
>>
File: beautyandthebeast.jpg (447 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
beautyandthebeast.jpg
447 KB, 666x1000
>>67770221
>If you just love him hard enough he'll stop being an abusive monster

Thanks Disney.
>>
>>67770662

Now they won't. You get depressed and go postal.
>>
>>67770662
>things will be much easier.

yeah except for the constant feeling of being an imposter and not being able to trust anyone because your whole society is holding everyone in it to artificial, arbitrary standards.
>>
>>67773969
Kek, fuck
>>
That's not what the movie is saying at all. Part of why their relationship falls apart halfway through the film is Danny's attempt to keep up his cool, macho image in front of his gang, even though he really isn't like that in "private".
The ending is basically a punchline, where Danny and Sandy have switched their respective facades, exchanging one extreme for the other, but the reason it works out is because they were finally honest to each other and themselves.
>>
>>67770221
"being yourself" is fucking retarded anyways. What if being yourself means being a prick? What if being yourself simply isn't what you should be? Do people assume that personalities remain static throughout life? Sometimes you have to be willing to change in order to succeed. It's what keeps us from being fucking babies.
>>
>>67774311

Danny was actually gay
>>
damn travolta was handsome af
>>
File: Grease_297Pyxurz.jpg (185 KB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
Grease_297Pyxurz.jpg
185 KB, 1600x1205
which pink lady was your greasefu, /tv/?

I spilled a lot of grease over marty when I had no other fap material aged 12
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.