[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When characters in a show are killed off because the actor wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: kal-penn-lawrence-kutner.jpg (12 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
kal-penn-lawrence-kutner.jpg
12 KB, 250x233
When characters in a show are killed off because the actor wanted to leave, it devalues their death completely.

You know the writers aren't creating a story in order to be good. They're creating it to conceal the fact an actor/actress is bored or wants to earn more somewhere else. Really breaks the fantasy of TV to know that.
>>
which is why tv shows shouldn't last more than 2-3 seasons. But most tv shows aren't written to be epic stories, they're written to give everyone a stable paycheck for a decade.
>>
>>67768183
>>67768183
Except the way they handled kumar's exit was probably GOAT. Not to mention one of the best, if not the only, House episodes.
>>
>>67768387
Didn't he an hero which was completely out of character?
Like, he didn't even have the courtesy to film an exit episode.
>>
>>67768545
>Didn't he an hero which was completely out of character?
an hero is almost always out of character, even IRL
>>
>>67768759
So in a sense
It was in character
>>
File: house.webm (3 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
house.webm
3 MB, 380x214
>>67768899
exactly
>>
I guess you could say he finally pooed in the loo

rip
>>
>>67768985
I doubt that nobody would notice signs of it... Kutner was surrounded by a team of amazing doctors (including one Sherlock type medical genius) for years. It's not too far fetched to believe he would just off himself but it is hard to believe none of the other doctors would notice something.
>>
>>67768183
k
>>
>>67768387

>the dude blown his head off out of nowhere
>>
>>67768899
YEEEEAAAAAHHHH
>>
>>67769046

Yeah exactly. There's no emotion when it's just "oh, he killed himself". You need some kind of hints or reasons, otherwise everyone just shrugs and acts sad then forgets.
>>
>>67768387
Kutner's death was poignant, yes. However, him committing suicide was beyond idiotic. And House playing Sherlock trying to figure out if it was suicide or murder was equally idiotic.

>>67768183
Fortunately, the writers learned a lesson from Kutner's death and said they wouldn't kill off anymore characters, aside from Amber who died afterwards because they realized they could have brought Penn back on the show if they hadn't killed Kutner and other reasons, like fan backlash.
>>
>>67769046
It's not too far fetch, yet there was no indication in previous episodes of Kutner exhibiting suicide ideations. And Taub would have expected something seeing as he eventually became close to Kutner.

It was simply poorly executed on the writers part to accommendate Kal Penn exit on the show because he began working at the White House.
>>
>>67769046
Wasnt that what house learned from it? That you cant save them all and that lives arent puzzles?
>>
>>67770107
>House
>learning anything
>everything isn't a puzzle
Yeah, until he returned to his usual self.
>>
>>67768985
what
>>
I didn't know until years later that they killed him off because they wanted to leave, and his death seemed like no less of an asspull. He just fucking dies at random, it's so shitty.
>>
File: Blake.jpg (36 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blake.jpg
36 KB, 1024x768
I agree I like both the early and later seasons cast, but killing off Blake felt so forced. Every other actor that left the show had their character return home.
>>
>>67769046
In the wide screen version you can see kutner in the periphery with a scary thousand yard stare.

Anybody could see it coming.
>>
>>67770233
>He just fucking dies at random,
That's what they should've done. Let him get killed by a mugger or hit by one of those infamous Japanese trucks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.