[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving Dawn of Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg (144 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsuperman-xlarge.jpg
144 KB, 1280x721
First off, i thought movie was meh. 6/10 only because of Batman and first half was decent. Not as bad as the media wanted it to be, but also nowhere near as good as it was hyped, which was expected. Script was bad + fan service, directing was bad, editing was poor, character motivation is severely lacking, plot holes etc. Now I'll volunteer the things that could've made the movie better, these are the major things:

First and foremost; don't make this movie, make Superman 2 and Batman movies, maybe even WW stand alone movie and then Dawn of Justice. After that introduce characters movie by movie ffs. Although half of the movies are bad, Marvel at least had the patience to set it all up.
>Put way more space between Metropolis and Gotham, one on West coast and the other on East coast. (I always thought Metropolis was San Francisco and Gotham New York). That way the interaction between Bats and Supes would be nonexistent until a certain (boiling) point.
>Don't show Waynes getting murdered and other shit, we all know it by heart by now FFS. When they showed it the second time in the movie I couldn't believe it
>Show WW only as a „civilian“ , a tease (unless you already had a WW movie), what we got was unnecessary
>No bleak, Darkseid future, cut that scene out. It's unnecessary
>Pa Kent 's ghost / vision / whatever was needles, cut it out. It's completely unnecessary
>Flash should've appeared with a warning at the very end or in after credits scene, if at all
>Breaking into totally unguarded server room and hacking …that was really bad, should've been more Mission Impossible-ish. Nobody leaves top secret data unguarded
>let Bruce watch the videos of other „metahumans“ , show more detective skills that way, I dunno, something

cont
>>
>Show Batman reconnaissance LexCorp and then stealing the Kryptonite, I wanna see that shit, fuck you, you lazy screenwriting hacks!. Make it a stealthy ninja process and then get him discovered and fighting his way out, you incompetent turds. The chase scene for Kryptonite is actually moot.
>That Africa massacre / bullet / blame Superman subplot was wtf, change it or cut it out, even without it the overall story wouldn't be different. It's only there to give Loise more screen time and make her relevant. Which brings me to the next point
> Don't try to make her super important. It's forced and no one is interested in her, even worse, she's just a damsel in distress. Maybe if she was written better and portrayed by another actress, but not as she is now.
>Lex getting a hold on all that space tech and, Zod's body is ludicrous (not to mention HACKING into Kryptonite AI computer, cloning facilities etc); it wouldn't happen without militar supervision, but if it did had to, make it to movie, make it a subplot and part of the next movie, no need for Doomsday right here, right now. Also that totally unguarded spaceship wreck in the Indian Ocean…holy fuck.
>Doomsday was wasted, just make B vs S as the main fight, especially if you namet he fucking movie Batman v Superman and if they fight, make it more sensical; that Martha Clark kidnapping/blackmail was dumb; Clark could've explained the situation to Bruce in a few seconds. The fight was forced. Save the Doomsday for MoS 2 where he „kills“ Superman and in MoS 3 „resurrect“ space Jesus to defend us against Brainiac with the help of other JL members.
Speaking of wasted; Jason Mamoa is perfect for Lobo. Damn shame.
P.S. Batman killing is an improvement on the character; during the existence of the character he killed longer than he didn't. That no-kill policy is only good for childish, soap-opera comics.
My 2 cents nobody asked for
>>
>>67766215
I'd enjoy the movie more if the whole movie was from Batman's perspective
>>
>>67766215
i have huge gripes with the editing
>>
It didn't need any improvements, except maybe some of the deleted scenes added back in. Don't worry, the director's cut will be patrician.
>>
>>67766215
Don't forget
>Make Luthor Luthor, not Joker
>>
>>67766908
>it didn't need improvements
>"your mom is martha too!?!? beneath your cape is a normal good hearted guy! My oh my what was I thinking?"
>>
I liked Metropolis and Gotham being so close together. Felt like a silly comic book contrivance and I appreciated that. Reminded me of the other twin cities in comics, Keystone and Central City.

The major problem with the movie is that Superman is only persuaded to fight Batman in order to save his mom. He's basically never actually interested in the fight or killing Batman. The thing that made The Dark Knight Returns so good is that the fight between Superman and Batman was ideological, it wasn't them being tricked or persuaded to fight, they both had differing ideas on what justice meant and what the role of government was.

This movie just cheapens that aspect of their confrontation.

Also it cheapens the death of Superman, I wouldn't have had that in a movie packed with this many storylines, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't undermine that death IN THE SAME FUCKING MOVIE by showing dust rising from his grave. Who wrote this shit?
>>
>>67766908
>It didn't need any improvements
You fucking serious?
C'mon man, are you high?
>>
File: BATMAN-V-SUPERMAN-14.jpg (117 KB, 1187x897) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN-V-SUPERMAN-14.jpg
117 KB, 1187x897
Superman:Bruce you daft cunt, they have my mom and they are blackmailing me to fight you. I need your help!

Batman: OWait, what? Seriously, well... That changes things I suppose.
>>
>>67766997
Bats was always about very rich and strong retarded guy. Thanks to Zack for figuring it out. No sarcasm.

>>67766215
Rubber bullets for viechle , and other non-lethal stuff in fight sequences with gangs, IF and only if he will not killing after death of Supes because this will be otherwise CW-tier shit logic Arrow season 2-like. If he would continue killing I am fine, no need for changes.
>>
they don't need to improve the movie, those marvel fags need improve how they look at movies
>>
Lexington's plan to turn them against each other should have been foolproof. It makes both of them look like gullible retards as it is, especially a master tactician like Bats.

How couldn't Supes avoid the second dose of kryptonite if his power was coming back?

Martha & Martha was a very anticlimactic way to end their fight to death. Someone probably noticed the name and said "we should use this" but Receding should have something like "mother..." and the reconciliation should have started with it.

Lex shouldn't have recklessly unleashed Doomsday.

btw "I really wanted to like it, but..." faggots don't deserve to live. The PR team wanted you to like it. You're not capable of consciously wanting anything, so why don't you just off yourself already?
>>
>release 2 Batman movies, a Flash movie and a Wonder Woman movie before BvS to set everything up
>improve editing

there.
>>
>>67767138
"Why the fuck didn't you say so earlier?"
>>
>>67766908
the director's cut would be another 30 minutes of boring unnecessary sequences. It would add nothing at all to improve the movie.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.