[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could this happen? Seriously, was this movie a joke? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 524064.jpg (9 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
524064.jpg
9 KB, 201x251
How could this happen?
Seriously, was this movie a joke? How did anyone with a sane mind give greenlight to this bulcrap? I mean, how is a group of moviemaking experts is even capable of creating something so utterly, mindblowingly, stupidly atrocious?

How does all of this even make sense? Don't they have test screenings? Aren't there professionals in the studio that have a say in what can go and what doesn't? Doesn't the producer at least keep his eyes on the director and the writers? Who the fuck was in charge???? Didn't they have eyes to see how revolting everything about this movie was? Didn't they have functioning brains to realize this was a big, stinking pile of shit right from the beginning? Did everyone just went full apeshit and lost their minds all at the same time?

Or was this only a test to see how far they can go in feeding sheeple and manchildren with absolute horrendous crap...
Frankly, I just don't get it...
>>
File: James.png (307 KB, 361x501) Image search: [Google]
James.png
307 KB, 361x501
Take a proverbial step back for a moment, and look at the situation. This... is a thing. Batman versus Superman. People actually got together and decided, "despite this being quite possibly the most idiotic idea in the entire history of the world, we're going to make this. We... are going to make this HAPPEN."

Batman versus Superman. Let that sink in. Are you shocked, yet? Are you stunned to your very core? Has your world become frighteningly-unstable with that revelation?

Batman...... versus...... Superman. I still can't grasp it. I am as unable to grasp it, as many Americans could not grasp the attacks on the World Trade Center. It is the unthinkable. It is the inconceivable (no Princess Bride jokes, please.) It is the impossible... and yet, there it is, for all to see, to attempt to comprehend, the incomprehensible.

Batman versus Superman.

I, surely, am not the first to believe that Idiocracy has come true 500 years too-early.
>>
>>67765997
they probably figured people would go to see it no matter what and the fanboys would praise it because it has their heroes in it.
>>
>>67765997
DC started the cinematic universe later and needed to catch up to Marvel's upcoming infinity war, That's why this movie feels like 3 movies crammed into one and had lots of things that lacked characterization/weren't explained clearly and made people mad.
>>
>>67765997
I asked myself the same things. It was a sloppy mess of a movie. Didn't a team of executives read the script and question it? Actually they probably read it and assumed Snyder got everything right since they don't understand the characters either, but know it is based off DC's all time best selling comic, so it's guaranteed to sell tickets.

The whole thing came off like a shitty 90s superhero movie, but with an insane budget. Like all of the movies that wanted that Batman '89 money and got little right (except The Rocketeer).
>>
>>67765997
Do you think Snyder's wife is getting bullied at work after this debacle?
>>
>>67766135
The executive applauded the version they saw - the 4 hour cut.
>>
>>67766155
Not bullied, but she's probably asking for boxes at the liquor store to pack up her office.
>>
That I can understand. But what's with all the terrible pacing, plotholes giant as King Kong, idiotic motives of the main characters, shoehorned supporting characters, tragic casting failures, stupid, meaningless dialogues, the nonsensical writing and a screenplay bleeding from a thousand wounds, the laughably stupid moment that brings the main characters together.

I just cannot believe nobody saw that.
>>
>>67766219
>The executive applauded the version they saw - the 4 hour cut.
Were you in the room to confirm this? That sounds like the usual bullshit that gets "leaked" to the press.
>>
>>67766232
But Age of Ultron was a success
>>
>>67766285
Why the hell the executives would approve a movie they think isn't good
>>
>>67765997
A lot could be said about how marketing departments in Hollywood are at the forefront of decision making. The so called exec suits are often eclipsed by marketing.
Consider the numbers of reboots and IPs being made in recent years. Marketing pushed for that. It makes their job easier, established fan bases, easier audiences targets, apparent security. An original script will always be more risky than an IP.

The really hilarious thing with marketing, is when they have to market a good movie. They might fuck it up by fiddling with it. Because if they don't fiddle with it, why are they even being paid? That's the final irony of marketing in Hollywood, a good movie don't really need marketing, yet marketing dept. will make sure they are needed. They will fuck up the poster, the trailers, the campaign, and in some rarer cases the edit itself.

Fincher says it better than I could:

https://soundcloud.com/maaarine-2/david-fincher-feat-brad-pitt-on-marketing-departments
>>
>>67766322
because it never happened, idiot. you weren't in the room to see them supposedly applaud the movie. shit like this gets told to the press to make idiots like you believe they're releasing a masterpiece that has to be seen to be believed.

they're not going to saw that the room was awkwardly quiet because they realized they were going to loose hundreds of millions of dollars and snyder mumbled "i may have gone a bit too far in some places"
>>
i guess they saw disney getting away with the pile of shit aou and the mediocre swtfa and thought it'd be the same
>>
>>67766502
Since you clearly were in the room unlike any of us,why didn't they reshoot it like they are doing now with Suicide squad,if they realized the movie was shit and would flop?
>>
>>67766322
Good =/= Profitable
The execs thought it would make a bucket of money on the title alone.
>>
File: EmptyTheater.jpg (1 MB, 1731x1168) Image search: [Google]
EmptyTheater.jpg
1 MB, 1731x1168
JUST
>>
>>67766565
They took what they had, salvaged what they could through editing and made it a length that would maximize the number of screenings per day. It's VERY expensive to reshoot and it's only being done now on Suicide Squad because they're in fucking panic mode. If they fuck up two in a row their potential "cinematic universe" is dead and they miss out on that Marvel money.
>>
>>67766590
Actually legit funny, good post
>>
>>67766232
>plot holes
I bet you watch YouTube reviews
>>
File: 1426343197716.jpg (7 KB, 241x346) Image search: [Google]
1426343197716.jpg
7 KB, 241x346
Zack "Box office cancer" Snyder
>>
>>67766289
Not literally a clusterfuck like BvS, but still a very bad movie.
>>
>>67766590
lmao empty theaters are god-tier.
>>
File: 35043541.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
35043541.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>>67766706
only RLM
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.