[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good? My wife's coworker has highly recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Is this show any good? My wife's coworker has highly recommended it
>>
>>67761882
Cuck
>>
>>67761882
My girlfriend's boss watches it with her all the time after hours.
>>
My wife's son strongly identifies with the Carl character for some reason.
>>
No first season has promise then season 2 goes downhill and it never picks up from there. My housemate loved it and even he's given up on by season 5
>>
>>67762255
you mean your wife's housemate
>>
>>67762275
I'm not the same guy from above. I don't have a wife so I can't be cucked.
>>
>>67761882
Watch only the first season, it's shit after that because they axed all the people that knew what they were doing and cut the budget.
>no make-up for the zombies
>indoor scenes all the time
>spend all their time on that barn for no reason whatsoever
>>
Don't believe what most of these retards try to tell you. Here's an opinion on the show from someone who actually watches it and has read the comics.

The show starts off really strong. Most people here will tell you that Season 1 is the one worth watching but that's absurd. Season 1 starts to fall flat in the last couple episodes. Season 2 is where the quality takes a massive dive. For some stupid reason AMC decided to fire Frank Darabont and replace him with a complete hack as showrunner and it really shows. If you can survive the incredibly boring first half of Season 2 then you're well rewarded because the second half is actually pretty damn good. Season 3 strays pretty far from the source material and completely butchers the villain. People who are only familiar with the show might still be able to enjoy it but personally I find Season 3 to be the worst by a pretty significant margin. Season 4 is where it starts to get good again because they replaced the showrunner again. But this time it was with someone who not only know what they're doing but actually has respect for the source material. Season 4 is pretty slow however it's more than worth sticking with it because Season 5 is fucking spectacular and if the finale pays off then Season 6 is even better.

Overall, it's a very solid, albeit inconsistent, show with decent actors. For every great episode there's one that's complete bullshit and total filler. That being said I have a lot of faith in the current showrunner and the future of this show.
>>
>>67762796
TLDR....My wife's personal trainer thinks it's a great show.
>>
>>67762931
Well it's a good thing I'm not married and my gf doesn't believe in marriage then.
>>
File: 1458804877156.jpg (25 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
1458804877156.jpg
25 KB, 450x268
>>67762796
>Most people here will tell you that Season 1 is the one worth watching but that's absurd.
>Okay, season 2 sucks, season 3 butchers the villain and strays far from the source material
>Season 3 is the worst
>Season 4 is where it gets good again
>>
>>67763031
Want me to draw you a picture? Will you understand better?
>>
File: -.jpg (60 KB, 1361x1502) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
60 KB, 1361x1502
>>67763081
Go ahead, anon. I'm waiting.
>>
The best episode is the pilot.
>>
Long answer: NO
Short answer: >>>/co/
Best answer: >>>/trash/
>>
File: 1000hours.png (4 KB, 406x250) Image search: [Google]
1000hours.png
4 KB, 406x250
>>67763119
>>
>>67763135

1. 609 No Way Out
2. 414 The Grove
3. 509 What Happened and What's Going On
4. 408 Too Far Gone
5. 101 Days Gone Bye
>>
>>67761882
Never heard of it. Is it a foreign show?
>>
>>67763236
Thanks, senpai
>>
>>67763236
\ic\ here. Your drawing is an abomination. The happy smiley doesn't portray true happiness, it looks like a child drew it. But the sad smiley in particular angers me. His left eye is bigger than his right one, on top of that, it looks like it's slightly lower than his right eye. Is a cripple? Why is he sad? And worst of all, the white background. You couldn't even bother drawing a background! This is Bleach level, my friend. I can barely comprehend why you bothered to share this on \tv\. None of us needed this. Anyone who looks at this drawing will think it was a waste of their time. I can go on but I need to get on my jet. Ta-ta.
>>
Just finished watching the pilot

>protagonist is a literal cuck

lmao. good episode, though. I'll give this series a try
>>
>>67763224
>tv series
>/co/
>>
It's pretty good. My wife's platonic African American best friend recommends it.
>>
>>67761882
I just finished the new season of Daredevil and it makes me miss Shane. I like Lincoln, but Bernthal would have made a better Rick I think.
>>
>>67761882
I'm watching it since the beginning. It's shit, really. Don't start watching it unless you need a way to pathetically piss away your time.
>>
>>67761882
It's not good, it's just watchable. You keep thinking it's gonna get better at some point but it never does. In fact, it keeps getting worse because the concept is "make it as long as we can" so it's just survival and going from one place to an other. Forever.
>>
>>67764571
To be honest, i much prefer him as The punisher. Shane and Rick's wife were the most annoying characters in the first season. I will never understand how she keeps getting roles, that woman always make me cringe.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>67761929
>>67761970
>>67762275
>>67762931
>>67764554
>>
>>67765271
I love that man
>>
>>67762796
>comic book Governor is a stupid throwaway spic that's evil just because
>show Governor is nuanced and complicated and one of the biggest draws for the seasons he's in
>"they ruined the villain!"

Get off of my discussion board.
>>
File: gabor.png (220 KB, 477x347) Image search: [Google]
gabor.png
220 KB, 477x347
>>67761882
I stopped watching it halfway through season 2
But when my wife is out with her friend Jamal, I let my wife's son (whose name is Jamal Jr. btw) watch it
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.