[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I don't fight in tournaments because when I fight a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>I don't fight in tournaments because when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do.

What did he mean by this?
>>
This show died with Sean Bean.
>>
It means "WOOOOOW IT TOOK 20 OF YOUR GUARDS TO BREAK MY LEG"
>>
>>67758630
Sean Bean is still alive, silly anon
>>
>>67758630
>Payne

Mind your tongue.
>>
>>67758688
20 Good men.

Also does Ned ever beat anyone?
>>
>>67758696
No. This garbage show killed him.
>>
He meant he was attracted by Jamie
>>
File: 1381752660609.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1381752660609.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>yfw ned was fucking retarded
>>
>>67758714
He manhandled CIA if that counts.
>>
File: jaime-lannister-jon-snow.jpg (67 KB, 658x345) Image search: [Google]
jaime-lannister-jon-snow.jpg
67 KB, 658x345
>>67758743
Manlet
>>
File: 1458152636670.jpg (863 KB, 1400x1614) Image search: [Google]
1458152636670.jpg
863 KB, 1400x1614
>>67758714

I thought he was an "OK" fighter in the books. His older brother was better, didn't help him much. Stannis is in near the same boat, not that great in a one-on-one fight but a brilliant general. And look how that got fucked up. So Ned is probably fucking Legolas or some shit in the show.
>>
File: 1381748709094.png (109 KB, 317x291) Image search: [Google]
1381748709094.png
109 KB, 317x291
>>67758771

Cripple
>>
>>67758804
>Ned somehow stalemated the man who was known as being the best fighter alive at that point and according to Martin is one of the GOATS
>the man who was cutting his way through Robb'a army and his honor guard and would have killed him and ended the war if his sword didn't get stuck in a Karstark's neck
>the man who pushed Brienne to her limits even though he was at 50%

Ned got a major buff or Jaime got nerfed.
>>
>>67758714
Scored a decisive victory over that deserter at the start.
>>
>>67758804
GRRM says Ned is just an average fighter, but I believe the only fights we ever really hear about are against Top tier fighters (Dayne, Hightower, Whent and Jaime Lannister) so its hard to gauge where he actually is.
>>
>>67758951
>Jaime got nerfed

Jaime got MAJORLY nerfed. In the show they make it seem like his reputation as a legendary swordsman is just a fiction of his arrogance and nothing but bullshit.
>>
>>67758518

he meant "augh augh augh, i'm stabbed in me leg, this is the wumpit's petoogan"
>>
>>67758951
Show shit. In the book Ned just falls off his horse.
>>
>>67758951
>>the man who was cutting his way through Robb'a army and his honor guard and would have killed him and ended the war if his sword didn't get stuck in a Karstark's neck
What a load of bullshit. Is this guy an anime character sort of shit.
>>
>>67758951
Thats only a show thing. If I remember correctly Jaime never fights, its his men.

Also NCW has a smile on the entire fight, its easy to tell Jaime didnt want to kill him, just maim him a bit to get Tyrion back
>>
>>67759025
Holyshit, kek.
>>
>>67758951

They're both great fighters. Jaime entered the Kingsguard when it was still an order worth entering
>>
>>67758518

if he was any good he wouldn't have got stabbed in the leg like a big fag
>>
>>67759025
That's literally what happened. He rallied his men and was cutting his way through Robb'a army until his sword gut stuck. The battle was lost no matter what but he nearly ended the war.
>>
>>67758951
>the man who pushed Brienne to her limits even though he was at 50%

This is important to note because even book readers misinterpret that fight. You need to realize that it's Jaime's POV so his narration of the fight is clouded by his ego. While he gets frustrated by not being able to break through Brienne, when you read between the lines you see that he's always on the offensive and she's hanging on for dear life, which for a guy who's in chains and has been weakened from being imprisoned for months is quite an accomplishment. Also, she comes off worse for wear in the fight as later on in POVs he mentions how Brienne is still suffering from some wounds she received.
>>
>>67758997

He's above average to survive against those men. They were some of the best in the realm. Are we ever going to know how Howland reed saved his ass?
>>
>>67758518

he wants to have anal sex with nicolai costage-wasseau
>>
>>67759126
Book readers also know Brienne doesnt actually enjoy fighting. Shes big and strong but has never actually killed anyone at that point, and couldnt afford to do anything to Jaime or risk the lives of Sansa and Arya

Of course 50% Jaime could take her, but Brienne was fucked either way if she gave 100%.
>>
>>67759126
Didn't she admit in affc that she gave everything she got to hold him off and she stood no chance if he was 100%?
>>
>>67758630

I read the first three books and the first book was the only decent one.

Fucking Song of Ice and Fire, what a joke. They need to make a better fantasy series like, I dunno, Black Company.
>>
>>67759138
I dunno anon, he never actually fights Jaime in the books, and The tower of Joy was 7 vs 3.
>>
>>67759199

True but as we know from Jaime and Barristan the Kingsguard were capable or crazy shit. I stick by above average being fair for Ned
>>
we never really see any actual sword fights in the books involving the "best fighters". most of the so called best fighters are just mentioned as good swordsmen and that's it. Jaime loses to Brienne because blah blah blah he's weak blah blah, selmy whips some guys ass with a staff, and that's pretty much it.

I really don't know whether to just accept them as good fighters because grrm says so, or to take what he says about them with a grain of salt because he may be making some commentary on how having the reputation as a good swordsman is more important than actually being one.
>>
He mean't that he doesn't fight in tournaments because when he fights a man for real, he doesn't want them the know what he can do.
>>
>>67759286
We'll probably see how good Barristan is when he sallies out of Meereen.
>>
>>67759371
selmy is the one character I really want to see go out in a blaze of glory, unlike the show

if grrm gives him a weak death it would be extremely lame
>>
>>67759278
Why would you think hes above average because Jaime and Barristan are crazy good? He never fights either of them

7 vs 3, thats 2.3 vs 1. It would be tough for even Dayne to beat people 2v1 but he obviously does.
>>
Ned was good but not great.

Realise that every Olympics has hundreds of people that nobody will remember and maybe one or two that everyone will remember for a long while.

Swordsmanship in GoT is exactly the same, there's a handful of absolute monsters that everyone will remember for ages:

Arthur Dayne (with dawn), The Dragonknight, the Blackfyre, etc.. Consider these people the Muhammad Ali or Donald Bradman of swords in GoT, people who did something that will ring through history for a long while.

Then you have people like Barristan, Jaime, Loras, Dunk etc. Olympic Gold medalists, famous in their time but likely unremembered for a significant period after, ask yourself if you know who the best sprinter was 20 years ago? You probably don't because it's not relevant, Hussain Bolt is better and he's more current.

Then below even this you have the people who enter the olympics but don't place, nobody will remember them for long, not even their home countries. Their local town might remember them for a few years, maybe a statue in their honour but they're unimportant and don't matter. Ned is one of those people.
>>
>>67759286
>I really don't know whether to just accept them as good fighters because grrm says so

That's fucking dumb

The only opinions we can have on any character is based on what he makes up.
>>
>>67759480
disregard this
>>
>>67759180
I blasted through them in like a month, but then I hit A Feast For Crows and lost interest. It took me a while to slog through that and A Dance With Dragons. Clearly fatman lost his stride along those lines.
It seems he wanted to bring it to a conclusion earlier but kept dragging the story along and adding pointless characters with tedious storylines. From what we've read of The Winds of Winter, he didn't pick up the pace at all.
It's a shame, it could have been a truly great series of books.
>>
>>67759426
Ned was only in the War because Aerys killed his Father and Brother and then called for the head of him and his Best friend. He is now the head of House Stark and leads the northern army, which we've seen with Robb, is a force.

To use your olympic metaphor, Ned is more like the runner from the country that is only good at one sport but sends other athletes just because. He knows what hes doing but not good enough to merit being there.
>>
>>67758804
GURRM already confirmed Shireen is to burn at some point. Cry harder, booklards.
>>
>>67759573
To bring Jon back. Melly C is gonna do it while Stannis is away. Selyse has a huge women boner for Melisandre and will let her do it
>>
>>67759557
more like Ned is the coach for an Olympic team, but he didn't really want to be a coach. he does it anyway and is pretty good at it.
>>
>>67759598
Yeah that actually is better. Thanks anon
>>
>>67759040
He smiled because the fight was getting interesting and mah nigga ned was gaining some ground, not out of mockery or anything. It's pretty obvious from his reaction afterwards, when that soldier shoves a spear through his ankle and Jimmy gets all flustered and punches him in the face. Ned might not have been a match but he could stand his ground.
Shit, he managed to kill the sword of the morning with his bros.
>>
>>67759640
>he managed to kill the sword of the morning

Dayne survives 5 of them, had Ned by the balls (Ned even says Dayne was gonna kill him) until Manlet Reed used his frog magic.
>>
>>67759546
>Clearly fatman lost his stride along those lines.

More like he lost the plot

You can tell he only knew what he was doing up until ASOS. He knows the end game but he doesn't know how to get there any more. It's like he kept remembering he had a bunch of characters he forgot to put in which is why AFFC slowed the story to a crawl with the introduction of Ironborn and Dornish POVs in addition to Essos still being a clusterfuck.

If I were him I'd just cut my losses and end the series with TWOW.
>>
>>67759557
yeah basically

that's vaguely what I meant by Olympic athlete that didn't place.

The point is that Ned is superior to your average pleb swinging a sword about, he wouldn't get cut down by a no-name hedge knight. On the other hand he's not a genius in this respect, he's not gonna be winning duels with knights of renown very often.
>>
>>67759671
Jon would probably beat Ned in duel.
>>
>>67759685
Jon is a manlet with plot armor.
>>
>>67759426
And now remember that there are people absolutely not interested in medals and fame but are very talented in what they do and love it to a great extent and practice it daily for their whole lives, you never heard of them but some of them are probably better than the famous ones who win medals. Ned is something like that, he is not a sportsman, his only fault was that he fell in the trap of morality and honor.
>>
>>67759693
>hasnt read the books

Jon is actually a good character. Kit ruins him.
>>
>>67759597
It'll be interesting to see if Stannis will abandon this faith when his red whore kills his only remaining heir and adored daughter behind his back.
>>
>>67759693
>Plot armour
>Gets killed by his own men
>>
>>67759711
>implying Stannis makes it back to Castle Black

He will win the Icebowl and then the Northerners will kill him. Great Northern Conspiracy
>>
>>67759669
Funny that for all the "realism" it's still going to end in the tired "Undead Kingdom versus humanity"
>>
>>67759685
It's a definite possibility.
>>
>>67759640
It was literally a 7v3 and Reed did something that made it so Dayne couldn't finish off Ned. That's pretty embarrassing for Ned.
>>
>>67759711
Its not hard to realize Stannis is going to die.
He even makes a huge point to the Braavos guy "if you hear ive died, work to put Shireen on the throne"
>>
>>67759669
He got caught up in his own magical realm desu.

When it became obvious that people enjoyed his universe he started exploring every nook and cranny of it. This is interesting in and of itself but the main series suffers for it because you can tell GRRM is spending too much time world building and not enough time moving the actual main plot forwards.
>>
>>67759669
More like he ate the plot and is now to busy writing a blog to finish the series.
>>
>>67759711
Stannis has no actual faith, he's just using Melly Sanders as a means to an end
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 460x215
>>67759180
>They need to make a better fantasy series

well there is one fantasy series thats better, but...

its vidya exclusive ;_;
>>
>>67759025
The whole series is an anime show mixed with a spanish soap opera, I should have known, the same people that recommended me Twilight recommended me this, and as if that wasn't enough those same people a few years back told me they couldn't finish Hyperion...fuck me I'm dumb
>>
Ned didn't go to fight school; Ned went to fight.
>>
>>67759818
There are books for the Witcher? Though I think only some are translated.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-04-23-48.png (429 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-04-23-48.png
429 KB, 1440x2560
>>67759818
>vidya exclusive

Youre not that big a fan I see
>>
>>67758714
Arthur Dayne, the best swordsman in the history of westeros... granted Ned had six other dudes with him but still.
>>
>>67759710
Read all of them, pussytits.
>>67759716
GURRM confirmed he wasn't dead years ago.
>>
>>67759868
Ned doesnt beat Dayne, Halfman Reed does.
>>
>>67759874
Yeah I know he won't stay dead but characters with plot armour don't typically get assassinated

Tyrion, now that's plot armour to the max
>>
>>67759669
I can accept the iron born stuff, euron and Victorian are good characters.

dorne was a mistake though. he introduced a bunch of shitty boring characters and they all have a thousand sub plots intersecting and interacting with each other. too complicated and too much to take in on top of everything else going on. he should have just had one single point of view character down there like Arianne, and cut out all the fucking sand snake and aero bullshit.
>>
>>67759731
Yes but will the 20 good men be featured in the books? Will we learn their names? I want to know more of these good men of the north to be frank with you, familia.
>>
>>67759818
>Vidya exclusive

You do know there are 8 Witcher books and the first short story got written 30 years ago, right?
>>
>>67759754
>WOW it took all 7 of you to kill me.
If Ned was just some average fighter, he would not have survived that fight and would have been one of the casualties. I'm not saying he beat Arthur Dayne, but he beat Arthur Dayne. If you catch my drift.
>>
>>67759904
The 20 good men are probably the show equivalent to Ramsays bastard's boys.

one is named Damon of house Dance-For-Me
>>
>>67759927
Yeah embarrassment was a poor choice perhaps saying it was more impressive fear for Dayne than it was for Ned.
>>
>>67759927
>Hightower and Whent fight 4 of the men
>Reed hides
>dayne fights ned and someone else
>Dayne goes after other guy first, kills him
>Goes to kill Ned, Reed comes out and stabs from behind

Theres many ways it could have played out, a lot could make Ned look useless, a lot could make him look capable.

GRRM says hes just average though.
>>
>>67759972
GRRM can go EAT a DICK.
>>
>>67760000
The Quads of truth
>>
>>67759818
Goddamn The Witcher III is so far and away better than any other game this generation so far it's not even funny.

I haven't played an RPG with that much depth (story and gameplay) in a long while.
>>
>>67760069
Pleb. Normie game. A true Kino game is Bloodborne
>>
File: All debts have been paid.gif (483 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
All debts have been paid.gif
483 KB, 500x281
>>67759640

They never cross swords in the book. Also, sorry to tell you but book Jaime would drop Ned in about 6 seconds. Grrm's even said he's one of the greatest swordsmen in the history of Westeros and would beat LotR's Aragorn.
>>
>>67758709
kek
>>
>>67760099
>Jaime would drop Ned in about 6 seconds.
Yet he didn't. Funny how that works. Perhaps Jimmy is all bark and no bite.
>>
File: wiedzmin.png (3 MB, 1225x975) Image search: [Google]
wiedzmin.png
3 MB, 1225x975
>>67759818
PLEB DETECTED
>first Witcher short story got released in 1986
>Rest of the the short stories found in the Last Wish got published in a collection in 1990
>Sword of Destiny: got released in 1992
>The Last Wish: got released in 1993 which just had all the short stories published in the 1990, chronologically the first book
>Blood of Elves:1994
>Time of Contempt:1995
>Baptism of Fire:1996
>The Swallow's Tower:1997
>Lady of the Lake:1999 (ends the story)
>Season of Sotrms: 2013 (mid sequel between the short story 'The Last Wish' and "The Witcher"
>>67759848
1-5 are in English the 6th is coming in may and the 7th next year. There are no plans for the 8th to be translated and which is fine as it's pointless.
>>
>>67760099
This is what I dont get.

Why did he push Bran? He knew he could take any of Roberts kingsgaurd (Selmy was old, Jaime would win in AGOT)

All he would have to do is go "yeah This kid is lying, I demand a trial by combat" and get off scot free
>>
>>67760113
>Yet he didn't

What do you mean? They've literally never fought each other.
>>
>>67760113
they never fought in the books...
>>
>>67760140

Honestly, the Lannisters could do literally anything they want, demand a trial by combat, and go grab Jaime, Gregor, or Sandor. It's a little unfair.

>Selmy was old
Prime Jaime vs prime Barristan is something I want to see so badly.
>>
>>67760140
You really think the entire North is going to just stop because of one trial by combat?
Hell, the North don't even believe in that Faith of the Seven bullshit.
>>
>>67758518
Op, he meant that he doesn't want people knowing what he is actually capable of doing so that they can theoretically create a strategy against him.
>>
>>67760188
Ned wouldnt be able to do anything.

Lets remember, its not Robb at the head at that point.

If Ned tried to go to war after a Trial, West, Stormlands, Reach and Kings Landing would BTFO him
>>
>>67760140
I guess he could, but there's certain things that would be inevitable. Robert would definitely denounce the kids as bastards and Jaime would have to take the black at the very least. Realistically, nothing would stop Robert from sentencing all of them to death. He might not even allow a trial by combat. He's got nobody to answer to.
>>
>>67760212
took the bait
>>
>>67760229

Not if Robert believed Bran was telling the truth, which he and the rest of the realm would.
>>
>>67760140
>>67760187

Robert wouldn't give a fuck. If he found out Jaime is fucking Cersei, and then by extension his kids aren't actually his, nothing would stop him from killing them. He would go to war. He would raise all of Westeros against the Lannisters and everyone else would gladly abide and then the Westerlands would be fucked.
>>
>>67760155
>>67760144
First season is canon, deal with it.
>>
>>67760273
He does that, people would see him as insane like Aerys was and Rebel.
>>
>>67760140
>All he would have to do is go "yeah This kid is lying, I demand a trial by combat" and get off scot free
Yeah, Robert would have totally gone with that, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>67760229
Well, that's true but...
Are northmen even capable of accepting something like a trial by combat in the first place?
>>
>>67760292

I know. I meant the Lannisters could do pretty much anything in a more general sense.
>>
File: made on a 5 dollar budget.gif (1003 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
made on a 5 dollar budget.gif
1003 KB, 360x240
>>67759852

KINO
>>
>>67760336
Is that Fassbender?
>>
>>67760300
lol there is nothing insane about that

Everyone would have Robert's back
>>
>>67760311
>He doesnt understand people just got over an insane king
>He thinks people joined Roberts cause because they liked Robert

Robert would literally just have the North and maybe the Vale.

Dorne would stay out of it.
Riverlanss would be with Robert
Reach would be with Westerlands
Stormlands with Robert

So what we have is basically the 3 poorest kingdoms vs The 2 Richest.

Robert would get BTFO..He was Old and Fat, and Jaime almost BTFO Robbs army with a small garrison until he got his sword stuck.
>>
Same reason all the fags on /k/ are so adamant about concealed carry and think open carry is for dumb asses and punks trying to aggro strangers to make some bullshit political statement.
>>
>>67760300
Everyone hates the Lannisters except maybe Ironborn for some odd reason.
>>
>>67760295

At this point it should be clear the books and the show are separate entities, Lewis.
>>
>>67760352
>Robert is denying people of their rights
>Not insane
>>
>>67760363
What? Why would the Tyrells be with the Lannisters?
>>
>>67760392
Because the Reach are Targ supporters.
>>
>>67760363
>He doesnt understand people just got over an insane king
>He thinks people joined Roberts cause because they liked Robert
Why keep digging your hole after posting stupid shit? Your attitude puzzles me. It's like you're vehemently retarded.
Robert would have killed all of them right then and there and nobody would have lifted a hand to stop him. End of story. The mad king and all that tangent you went on are entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>67760377
At this point, sure. Back then, the show was fairly close to the books.
>>
File: how can GoT even compete.jpg (117 KB, 736x1078) Image search: [Google]
how can GoT even compete.jpg
117 KB, 736x1078
>>67760348
No it's a polish god.

>there are people on /tv/ that hasn't seen the hexer

It's on the tier were its so bad its good. JUST fuck my source material up.
>>
>>67760363
Buddy no one is going to rebel against Robert for the sake of Jaime's right to fuck Cersei. That's retarded. Robert would be completely justified in calling for their heads. Who the fuck is going to side with the Lannisters in this case?

Even if not everyone participated, it would still at the very least by North + Vale + Riverlands + Stormlands. That's more than enough to crush the Lannisters. Tywin was getting his ass kicked by the North + Riverlands headed by Robb. The Reach aren't joining the Westerlands.
>>
>>67760403
How? How exactly would robert kill Jaime?

For one,the majority of the royal army is Lannister bought.
Two Jaime is better than Robert Prime, and way better than Fat robert.

So tell me how Robert would "kill them then and there"
>>
File: got ed.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
got ed.jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
>>67758518

>>67759172
Don't we all?
>>
>>67760447
>The reach arent joining the Westerlands

Except they do.
>>
>>67760423
Is that dragon Saskia?
>>
>>67760480
Uh, dude.
Ever watch the show? There's this guy named Renly Baratheon...
>>
>>67760447
Literally no one it would just be the Westerlands vs everyone else. Though knowing Tywin and Ned they would probably force Jaime to take the black while the kids and Cersei are exiled to essos.
>>
>>67760451
They would just overwhelm Jaime. He can't kill ten guys at once. Or they'd use crossbowmen.
>>
GRRM should have taken a note from Tolkien and not write 50 books, Tolkien only wanted to write one book but the publishers split them into three instead.
>>
>>67760501
Ever watch the show? Theres this guy named Stannis Baratheon? And Joffrey Baratheon (Lannister)
All the Tyrells care about is the Throne. Robert cant offer it. Tywin could.
>>
>>67760480
No they don't. You are truly retarded if you think anyone would take up with the Lannisters because the King is going to war against them for Cersei having an affair with her fucking brother.

The Tyrells being Targ loyalists isn't relevant because the Lannisters also rebelled and they aren't scheming to overthrow Robert. Nor would they be sympathetic to their cause.

Fuck, it isn't even certain if Tywin would take up arms. He might just give them up.
>>
>>67760532
Who would overwhelm Jaime? Lannister men? Did you even watch the show or read the books?
>>
>>67760562

Well, Loras isn't going to fight against Renly, and he's his dumbass father's favorite kid.
>>
>>67759180
I really liked the Black Company books, got to the third one and shit was just too crazy.

I think doing magic like in the Black Company books would have the Harry Potter effect, meaning that it doesn't translate well to the big screen without looking very cheesy
>>
>>67760498
Probably.
>>
>>67760586
No he isnt. Garland is Maces favourite child.
>>
>>67760577
>Be at Winterfell
>Bran sees incest lovin
>Tells daddy
>Daddy tells king
>All while in Winterfell
Dummy
>>
If Jaime demanded trial by combat he would absolutely get BTFO by Robert in full plate armor and massive warhammer.
No sword can cut through steel armor.
Jaime is screwed.
>>
>>67760562
Stannis hates the Lannisters and Joffrey would side with his dad.
Also killing Cersei would make room for Marge.
Hell, Renly offered Marge to Robert even BEFORE the War of Five Kings even started.
>>
>>67760571
The Tyrells were Baratheon loyalists at that point, Margaery was promised to Renly and all.
This isn't even worth discussing.
>>
>>67760615
I doubt Robert would kill Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. He loved them and probably realizes they're not responsible for their actual parents' deeds. He would have them exiled, for sure. But not killed.
>>
>>67760612
>Daddy tells king

Yeah we know thats exactly how that happens....
>>
>>67760562
>All the Tyrells care about is the Throne. Robert cant offer it. Tywin could.

No he couldn't you idiot

Not only would it not be a winnable war but you're ignoring that the Tyrell's only ever hitched their wagon to the Lannisters after Renly died. And the only time they ever pounced at a chance for the Throne was when Robert died, they weren't scheming to overthrow him. And most importantly, they're not going to take up the Lannister cause when they're clearly in the wrong.

You really don't know what you're on about if you think the Tyrells would side with the Lannisters before Robert. Renly alone would sway them.
>>
>>67760639
>exiling potential lines for the throne

no he'd kill them. It's not called the Game of Thrones for nothing. also he would consider them abominations
>>
>>67758518
I thought Jamie was supposed to be strong, why was Ned mouthing off to him?
>>
>>67760614

Top kek was waiting for this faggot to show up. Jaime would cut him to ribbons.
>>
>>67760099
>would beat LotR's Aragorn.
top kek
Jamie & Barry would be an equal fight, having The Mountain & The Hound also join would be around 80% chance of winning
>>
>>67760689
Jaime still stomps, and I'm not even a Lannisterfag
He is quite literally the greatest swordsman ever
>>
>>67760577
Are all the men with the king loyal to the Lannister's? No. And do you think it would be difficult for him to take them hostage in fucking Winterfell?
>>
>>67760658
>potential lines for the throne
they're bastards, children of the queen and the kingsguard
they have absolutely NO claim to the throne
>>
>>67760667
It was just banter. Jaime enjoyed it.
>>
>>67760703
Sure but there is a powergap between Got hero's and LOTR hero's.
Lets not even bring in Silmarillion hero's.
>>
>>67760677
l2swordfight
armor + armor pierceing weapon + super strength = victory
Jaime doesn't stand a chace
he would win against unarmored Robert with a sword, not against hammer wielding Bobby B
>>
>>67760712
Unless Littlefinger is loyal to the Lannisters, then they're fucked.
He's not one to join with the losing side, but he would probably take Myrcella as a ward.

>>67760724
There's no real way to blood test, but I think the king would say they have no right and that'll be the final word.
>>
>>67760667

The show does him no justice. He's described as tall as well as being one of the strongest and probably most agile person in Westeros. He's also one of the most handsome along with Loras and Renly, but they're gay so it doesn't count.

He'd be a giant marysue if he wasn't dishonored, mistrusted, and maimed.
>>
>>67760772
What does Littlefinger have to do with Robert seizing the Lannister's while they're at Winterfell?

Littlefinger is loyal only to himself. His 'loyalty' is based on who has the best chance in furthering his goals. The Lannisters certainly don't fulfill that in this situation.
>>
>>67760802
Does he get his ass beat by Brienne of fucking Tarth in the books?
>>
>>67760745
No need to tell me, Jaime was subdued by only like a dozen northmen and they weren't even aiming to kill.

Aragon probably has a kill count of over a thousand.
>>
Just wanna point out at the time of Bran being pushed
>Vale
Lord was just murdered and new Lord is like 8 years old
>Riverlands
Lord is extremely sick and his son is very bad strategically
>Westerlands
Biggest army in the 7 Kingdoms and richest family
>North
Very capable due to loyalty but succeptable to invaders during times of War from small raiding partys of Wildlings and Ironborn
>Stormlands
Stannis potentially unlikely to side with Robert as he felt slighted by Storms End and didnt tell him about Cersei/Jaime
>Reach
Would side with Robert/North
>Dorne
Likely to stay out of the fight like they always want to do under Doran

Lets also remember the Lannisters are the only family Family still remaining in the War of 5 kings (Greyjoys dont count) and was the family EVERYONE was Targeting.
>>
>>67760747
Rhaegar managed to wound your unstoppable Bobby B with a sword. You should ask Grrm who he'd put his money on.
>>
>>67760747
Only if they can find the breastplate stretcher
>>
>>67760614
MY FUCKING SIDES

Robert was an out of shape piece of shit by the time of AGOT. Jaime would kill him within a few seconds.
>>
>>67760126
The thing that bothered me most about the witcher books is how it starts off being semi-satirical of fantasy tropes, yet by the end it's doing many of them same things like being 100% super duper serious about prophecies and destiny regarding the end of the world and shit.
>>
>>67760833

He loses but it goes differently in the book. First note that he had no armor and had his hands chained together after spending a year in chains, being malnourished. He has her on the defensive the whole fight, managed to wound her, then gasses out and loses.
>>
File: 1435296040420.jpg (238 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
1435296040420.jpg
238 KB, 774x1032
Prime Bobby B was the stronkest man in the whole of history of Planetos.

Prove me wrong.
Protip: you can't
>>
>>67760838

If I create a fictional character, then say my character can beat another fictional character, you don't have to like it, but you can't tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>67760844
>Lets also remember the Lannisters are the only family Family still remaining in the War of 5 kings (Greyjoys dont count) and was the family EVERYONE was Targeting.

The Lannisters only fought the North on their own and they were getting their asses handed to them in the field.
>>
>>67759180
>>67760590
I got halfway through the first book of the Black Company and just wasn't interested in it. Does the series pick up or is it just not for me?
>>
>>67760900
You're not wrong. It started out as an adventure based on fairy tales (our hero literally gets his own fairy tale) and then ended up turning into a fantasy mythic. That's not to say there wasn't some parts that still were a deconstruction like the ending (Geralt and Yen dying after the climax). Hell the world never even gets saved by Ciri's child and it gets destroyed 3000 years after the end of he novel. Still though they were pretty fun reads. It definitely got grim dark.
>>
>>67760947
That would mean that like, those ten random north dudes were capable of killing ten thousands evil angry orcs.
I dunno dude
>>
>>67760934
>Gregor
>Sandor
>Greatjon
>Smalljon
>Andrik
>Victarion
>etc.
>>
>>67760844
>Stormlands
>Stannis potentially unlikely to side with Robert as he felt slighted by Storms End and didnt tell him about Cersei/Jaime

Yeah like that time he also stayed out of the Greyjoy rebellion

And this time he's also going to stay out of a war fought for the reason that Jon Arryn got killed and he fled King's Landing

Come on dude
>>
>all these faggots who always rode pre-handloss jamie's dick

Ned was likely fucking fierce, he just didn't give a shit about tourneys to prove it
>>
>>67760972
Because the North kept breaking up their army with small Garrisons Robb sent to die.

Had Robb not sent Roose and like next to no men to fight the Larger Lannister Army, Jaime and Tywin would have BTFO Robb before they even got to the Riverlands. Dont forget, Jaime almost beat Robb himself until his sword got Karstuck in someones neck.
>>
>>67760934
Gregor quite literally is the strongest man in westeros. He wields a great sword one handed while having a shield in the other and wears the thickest plate known to man. He's 8 feet tall.
>>
I thought people being adamant about the Reach joining the Lannisters was bad enough, but now trying to claim that Stannis wouldn't join with Robert has reached new levels of dumb.
>>
File: hi.jpg (54 KB, 375x446) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
54 KB, 375x446
>>67761049
Too soon.
>>
>>67761022
Yeah like that time he told Robert about his Bastard children but instead just fled to Dragonstone.

You seem to think Stannis cares about Robert. Come on dude.
>>
>>67760934
Robert was incredibly strong, but he was never a freak of nature like Ser Gregor. There's really no contest.
>>
>>67761049
So the North were winning because of Robb's tactical superiority

Your post was a convoluted way of saying 'the North were only beating the Lannisters because Robb was smarter than them'

Utterly redundant

The Lannisters are getting so overrated in this thread it's ridiculous
>>
>>67761120
The North won because of crap shoot sheer luck. And even then, if you read the rest of the post, almost lost, but again got lucky.
>>
>>67761097
He didn't tell Robert because Robert would think he's a jealous asshole
>>
>>67761049
Only in the show in the books Robb sent quite a lot of men with Roose. The whole war of the 5 kings was different in the books then it was in the show.
>>
>>67761120
But if a War broke out because Robert found out About Cersei, Ned would be the head of the Northern Army. You think Ned would have sent men soley to die? I doubt it.
>>
>>67761097
Just because he doesn't care doesn't mean he wouldn't join him you idiot. If you know anything about Stannis he would be obliged out of duty.

Nevermind the fact that the reason for the war is exactly why he was planning his own war on Dragonstone in the first place
>>
>>67761149
Robb won every single battle he led. The Lannisters were getting BTFO left and right before the Red Wedding. It wasn't just luck.
>>
>>67761193
Actually the Lannister/Tyrell army was kind of overwhelming for Robb so he was kind of stuck.
Tyrells are fucking assholes to fight. Huge army and a badass general.
>>
>>67761169
Of course he would. Ned was a veteran soldier and commander who knew the realities of war.
>>
>>67761169
Ned wouldn't be fighting the Lannisters on his own

It truly boggles my fucking mind that people think they would stand a chance or that anyone would join them if Jaime and Cersei's affair was revealed
>>
>>67761183
>obliged out of duty

You dont really know much about Stannis I see.

During Roberts rebellion it was his duty to the crown, but he joined Robert instead.
>>
>>67761193
While its true Robb was btfo of the Lannisters he lost the war once he fucked up at Riverrun. There was no recovering from that and it was just a matter of time before he lost.
>>
>>67761227
To be fair, Jaime and Cersei's affair spread during the War of Five Kings and pretty much everybody still supported them.
>>
>>67759818
>yfw the Witcher books are older than ASoIaF
>>
>>67761242
His duty is toward his brother, not the crown.
If Ned's eldest brother fought the King, who would he support?
His eldest brother.
>>
>>67761260
Because nobody cared.

People only care about Power, except the North that is.
>>
>>67761193

I can't remember the conditions of Robb's wins. I'm pretty sure there were three, and one of them was the definition of luck. As in, his wolf finds a magical trail that puts them in a perfect flanking position.
>>
>>67761307
All Robbs victorys were hugely influenced by Luck.
>>
>>67761279
By a decade. Can't wait for it to be called a GoT ripoff when the film and new tv series is released and the series was nearly finished by the time AGOT got released.

>>67761260
Not really. They had the backing of the Tyrells, The Westerlands and The Crownlads.
>>
>>67758630
A lot of great characters and actors died in season one and they kept getting picked off.

What we are left with now is shitty actors and otherwise good actors that sadly no longer give a shit.
>>
>>67761242
>During Roberts rebellion it was his duty to the crown, but he joined Robert instead.

Yeah and it's the same duty to Robert which would lead him again, for fuck sake

Stannis already followed Robert to war after he was pissed about Storm's End. This time the cause is something that is far more relevant to his interests. He'll go fight Ironborn for rebelling but not the Lannisters? And for something he was already going to fight them for? Are you serious? The fact that you act like you think you know Stannis when you think he wouldn't take up with Robert for going to war of Jaime and Cersei's affair is amusing.
>>
>>67761352
>The Crownlands

Mostly Lannister men even before Jon arryn died.
>>
>>67761260
The only faction that took up with the Lannisters were the Tyrells and that was after Renly died
>>
>>67761352
Ironborn might be Lannister supporters
Vale's silence is basically Lannister support
Dorne's silence is basically Lannister support
Neutral countries are just sympathizers and cowards in my opinion.
>>
i actually enjoyed reading this guys, keep going
>>
>>67761307
His first Victory was at the Whispering Wood when he managed to bait an overconfident Jaime after he just go done btfo of two Riverlands armies. His second victory came immediately afterwards at Rvierrun when he rekted the Lannsiter army who didn't know what to do without Jaime. His next victory came at Oxcross when he also won while barely taking any losses and his last battle was at the Crag. Now there were more battles that the North won but those were the ones he personally led. The only one that was luck wast Oxross when his wolf found the path.
>>
>>67761425
>Vale's silence is basically Lannister support
>Dorne's silence is basically Lannister support

lol no it isn't

Lysa hates the Lannister and so do the Martells.
>>
>>67761441
Oxcross was extremely lucky. The fact he took next to no casulties against the Lannister host amazed me. It also is one of the main reasons I believe he had no plan and just was looking for a way to coax Edmure into marriage.
>>
>>67761463
Lysa doesn't hate the Lannisters one bit. Do you have proof of this? She was just BSing when she wrote the letter to Cat.
Dorne might hate the Lannisters, but being a neutral country during WWII is basically saying "Okay, you win."
>>
>>67761463
>Lysa hates the Lannister

No she doesnt. She pretended to because Littlefinger told her to. If she hated the Lannistere she would have joined the Vale to Robbs army. The Vale didnt go to war because Littlefinger didnt want them to
>>
>>67761498
>Dorne might hate the Lannisters, but being a neutral country during WWII is basically saying "Okay, you win."

No it isn't because Dorne was actively working against the Lannisters in secret. They were Targ loyalists who were biding their time. They were against the Lannisters as much as the North or the Stormlands were.
>>
>>67761474
It was which was why I said it. Really though the best move that Robb and The Blackfish did was managing to remove the head from the Snake at Whispering Woods . By capturing Jaime who just got done steamrolling the whole RIverlands they turned the war completely around. If Jaime wasn't j a cocky sob then Robb wouldn't have been able to do anything.
>>
>>67761542
Doran hated the Lannisters because of the murder of Elia and the babies.
The ones Robert was happy about.

You really think Doran would send his army to war when 2 of the people he isnt fans of are going at each other?
>>
>>67761560
>if jaime wasnt cocky
Or if Torren neck wasnt so damn thick
>>
>>67761615
Good thing he was bulking.
>>
File: cersei.png (210 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
cersei.png
210 KB, 300x420
I know discussing the imaginary war is fun, but can we get into more pressing matters?
Like, which ASOIAF princess would you waifu!?
>>
>>67758518
People get too caught up in "power levels" in irl fights people fuck up all the time. They slip, they get distracted, they make a split second over or under estimation of reach and it's fucking over.

People need to stop thinking real life is some shitty rpg where if you beat enough people you can't possible lose to some rando off the street who gets lucky.
>>
>>67761695
>Cersei
>Waifu

Roslin Frey
>>
>>67761352
I wonder who would win in a fight Westeros vs the Continent from the Witcher?
>>
>>67761706
But Dragonball taught me that no matter how much you fuck up if your powerlevel is 18,000 and you're enemy is 10,000 you will win.
>>
>>67761695
I wonder how Ashara Dayne looked like.

Do you guys think that she really had Ned's daughter?
>>
File: 244.jpg (91 KB, 450x494) Image search: [Google]
244.jpg
91 KB, 450x494
who is your incestfu ?
>>
>>67761821
Please don't get your hopes up like I used to, every POV character is an author surrogate.
I'm not making this shit up, by the way. But Eddard is a heartbroken cuck just like the author.
>>
File: 2016-04-02 06.21.47.jpg (163 KB, 362x666) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02 06.21.47.jpg
163 KB, 362x666
>>67761824
>>
>>67761794
Nilfgaard alone has at least 300,000 troops. The northern kingdoms probably has 75,000 between them maybe a little less. Pretty sure they have more men then Westeros or it is at least even but Westeros would get btfo as they lack the mages who are ridiculously powerful. They are literally known as mobile artillery. They are the reason why the North managed to win the frist war even though NIflgaard had way more men and even had mages of their own but the northern ones were just better. Mages can literally cast spells that destroy castles.
>>
>>67760934

That's not Robert. That's Lyonel Baratheon fighting Duncan the Tall
>>
>>67761928
Do they have Valyrian Steel or Dragonglass to deal with the Wights?
>>
>>67761695
Kill yourself, you pathetic nerd
>>
>>67761934
Get a load of this nerd
>>
>>67762060
>>67762065
/tv/ hivemind is real
>>
File: 0DYnS84.jpg (99 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
0DYnS84.jpg
99 KB, 800x568
>>67760989
I found it a pretty cool fantasy book, I enjoyed the first two or three and then fell out of interest.

It does pick up and I really enjoyed the military sequences, but it's also a really strange and bizarre fantasy world the author creates. I would say this is a plus after reading GoT though which mimics real life history rather then being an actual fantasy world.
>>
>>67760369
Iron born hate everyone
>>
>>67762108
Wat is ded may nvr di
>>
>>67758518
Fuckkk ned was so based, why did fat fuck george do it to us
>>
>>67759823
Hyperion is pretty anime as well though

Aside from the format, it's actually really easy to read and the characters abilities and feats are pretty anime, like jumping ridiculous distances and one man fighting a whole army by himself, twice
>>
>Jamie Lannister
>Khal Drogo
>Melisandre
>Roose Bolton
>Euron Greyjoy
>Olenna Tyrell
>Brienne of Tarth

What do all these people have in common?
>>
>>67761997
No but they do have silver swords and runeswords. They also have some insane magic and other trinkets that can deal with the undead. Mages can actually raise the dead themselves but it's outlawed by the conclave so they can't.
>>
>>67761260
Only because the Lannisters were firmly in power at that point
>>
>>67762209

they are all characters in Game of Thrones
>>
>>67762209
They are sluts
>>
>>67758714
pre the events of the book and show he's pretty great
>>
File: Ramsay.jpg (138 KB, 1178x896) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay.jpg
138 KB, 1178x896
Better question is who can beat this man in a 1v1?
>>
>>67762209
Good at fighting
>>
it means he was scared of jamie
>>
>>67762209

They were wrong about important decision in their life

Jaime's mistake was to lover Cersei
Khal's mistake was to treat Daenerys as a person and not a fucktoy
Melisander was wrong about Stannis
Roose was wrong about taking care of Ramsay
Euron raped his brother's wife and got banished
Olenna's mistake was underestimating Lannisters
Brienne's mistake was loving Renly
>>
>>67762360
>>67762375
>>67762430
>>67762611
All wrong
>>
>>67762611
I think you're really reaching with Euron
>>
>>67762628

go fuck yourself, I was right on both cases, it's just that wasn't what you wanted to hear.
>>
>>67762645

I have no idea who Euron is since I'm a tvfag and had to improvise based on wiki. Maybe there is something not from his past but from current events that fits the pattern better?
>>
>>67762399
Karl Tanner paid 7 silvers
>>
>>67762675
Euron is an asshole pretty much, no character depth at all other than gets a lot of women and takes advantage of his mentally disabled brother Vicky
>>
>>67762675

They all killed a King.

>Jaime the Mad King
>Drogo someone I'm sure
>Meli with her blood magic and shit
>Roose at the red wedding
>Euron did Balon
>Olenna did Joffrey
>Brienne killed our rightful King Stannis Baratheon
>>
File: 20 good men.png (1 MB, 1344x1460) Image search: [Google]
20 good men.png
1 MB, 1344x1460
>>67762707
Impossible as Karl is one of his 20 good men. He can't go against his leader.
>>
>>67762730
Oh shit, I think you got it
Drogo killed the Dragon king remember hahaha
>>
>>67762647
Your answers were incorrect.
>>
>>67762730
>Renly, Robb, Balon, Joffrey
>Kings
Pick one
>>
>>67762730
You got it
>>
>>67762730

Holy fuck, you got it

>Jaime killed the Mad King
>Drogo killed the Dragon King
>Meli killed Renly
>Roose killed King in the North
>Euron killed Balon
>Olena killed Joffrey
>Brienne killed Stannis

a boar should be on that list as well
>>
>>67762781
To be a king, all you need is a crown and followers
Pretty sure that's a theme in the show
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.