[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fringe thread? About to watch season 3, overall I find it very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 51UtmYyaVNL._SX940_.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51UtmYyaVNL._SX940_.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
Fringe thread? About to watch season 3, overall I find it very mediocre and average but light and entertaining. Kind of hooked.
>>
File: Just do it.jpg (40 KB, 640x596) Image search: [Google]
Just do it.jpg
40 KB, 640x596
>>67756964
>very mediocre and average

Literally kill yourself
>>
My coworker suggested it after I mentioned I was going through the original Xfiles series, it's a nice break from the try hard shows I would normally watch, but I am so sick of buildup of suspense right before a commercial break formula. Walter is great, and all those cameos from the wire make it enjoyable
>>
>>67757020
What? Maybe you should get some taste you faggot.
>>
>>67756964
Is this a joke thread?
>>
>>67757322
I don't know, I mean I'm literally watching the show based on my coworkers recommendation, actually got through 2 seasons in the last 3 days, I'm having fun, but it's just not very deep, which is ok sometimes and I'm enjoying it now, but I don't think it will be very memorable.
>>
>>67757402
I guess it doesn't have a whole lot of philosophical depth if that's what you're referring to. I think the story itself is very deep and complex; the way they foreshadow and set up events in later seasons even in the first few episodes still blows my mind.
>>
>>67757088
i think he means saying it is mediocre contradicts it being average
>>
>>67757042
blame the 90s for that
still my favorite show regardless
>>
Like what? Peter being from the alternate universe? I guessed that in season 1, even before Walt visited the grave. I guess it's nice to watch such a predictable and formulaic show because you don't have to think so hard.

That Brown Betty episode made me miss smoking weed so hard tho, if I ever become an incredibly smart scientist I think I'll start again.

One thing though, is that the characters are very very enjoyable, it's well cast, I'll give them that, and the performances are actually p good for a TV show, Walter >= Olivia > Peter = Broyles >> Asturd
>>
>>67757641
why dont you like astrid?
its been a while since i watched this but i remmeber her being quite and non offensive.
>>
Anna Torv was supposed to star in a Lesbian HBO show. It was never picked up. I'll never get over that.
>>
>>67757552
Nah, mediocre IS the average. Actually I might even go as far as to say the average is worse than being mediocre just considering the volume of shows being put out every season.
>>
>>67757731
why though?
what did she do aside from just existing as an assitant?
>>
>>67757692
I mean, she's not offensive for sure, but she's kind of like a background character and not very involved for me to have a stronger opinion yet, although that might change past season 3 which I will just start watching tomorrow.

Honestly I'd give the show a 7/10, better than some ive been forced to sit through, but not one I'd watch after I was done.

>>67757791
Think you're confused bud. Answers above.
>>
File: INCREDIBLY BASED.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
INCREDIBLY BASED.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>67757814
Prepare your body for season 4.
>>
>>67757814
thank you.i havent watched this since the original run.
>>
>>67757791
Honestly I'd like her a bit more if she was more useful with her code breaking and language skills, seems they used that for the plot in s1 well and then only made brief mentions later on.

Another thing that pissed me off is the convenient betrayals on both sides that led Olivia to make it back to her own universe. But that's OK since charlies death was actually really good and got me hooked in the first place.

>>67757908
Absolutely will, I am in this to the end. What's your season ranking?
>>
>>67757088
If you think Fringe is mediocre, you're the one with shit taste m8.

kys

>>67757552
Nope, not what I meant
>>
2 and 3 are the good seasons. It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>67757999
not him but it is average to me
i could see why people would love it but i didnt connect to it because ive watched a lot of tv.
>>
File: 312.png (334 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
312.png
334 KB, 500x375
Eternity in paint net
>>
File: 1458042489001.jpg (163 KB, 656x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458042489001.jpg
163 KB, 656x1024
I have all 5 seasons on Bluray. Enjoyed the hell out of seasons 1-4 and wish I could erase 5 from my memory.

Though, the more you think about events and plot points in the show the less they actually make any sort of sense. For example, there's a key plot point devoted to shapeshifter Charlie and him needing to get mercury to prevent degradation, but it's then never raised again, nor does it seem to affect any other shapeshifters. And why was Newton so important? He is a shapeshifter after all, couldn't they just make a new leader and then send him over? He was also actually an interesting character and they ended his arc far too soon. And what exactly is the nature of the relationship between the two universes? We are told that there are infinite versions for every possible choice we make, so why are we stuck with just the other side? Why don't we keep interacting with more?

The philosophical rambling characters went on were pretty cringe inducing too.

Good show to watch if you have nothing else to do, but it's not Fernsehserie.
>>
This is a great show. Doesn't come close to the greatness of the xfiles but if you keep at it it won't disappoint.
>>
>>67758261
>For example, there's a key plot point devoted to shapeshifter Charlie and him needing to get mercury to prevent degradation, but it's then never raised again, nor does it seem to affect any other shapeshifters

They explained this. The other shapeshifters had their box thing that let them transform and shifter Charlie not having his anymore was making him degrade. He can't use another shapeshifter's however as each one is unique to each shifter.

>He is a shapeshifter after all, couldn't they just make a new leader and then send him over?

He presumably had knowledge about stuff that the other side did not as well as rapport in some sense with shapeshifters he may have placed. For example, he may have placed x number of shapeshifter in y places, but only he knows who and where they are until he needs to make use of them. I remember him having a convo with Bolivia in The Box saying something about how he's spent years on our side cultivating resources

>so why are we stuck with just the other side? Why don't we keep interacting with more?

Presumably they're the "closest" universe to us in whatever sense that universes overlap each other.
>>
>>67758572
They didn't explain it. Why's Newton able to stay in the same form for years while Charlie began breaking down so quickly.
>>
>>67758621
Cause the box each shifter has does something that keeps you stable
>>
Season 2>1>3>4>>>>>>shit>>>>>5
The show went buttfuck after 4 due to getting the boot since low ratings but it blows X files out of the water from season 1-3 and I'm currently marathoning x files on season 6 now and I can say without a doubt that the first 3seasons of fringe blow x files out
>>
>>67756964
More like CRINGE lmoa
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.