[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My brother who has pretty good taste recommended Marvel's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Marvel's_Daredevil_poster_002.jpg (319 KB, 600x924) Image search: [Google]
Marvel's_Daredevil_poster_002.jpg
319 KB, 600x924
My brother who has pretty good taste recommended Marvel's Daredevil to me. But I find it hard to take it seriously, it's just kinda cheesy.
Am I alone in this or does it get better? (i'm on s1e2 kek)
>>
>>67750433
At least stick it out until Autismpin shows up. Best part of the show.
>>
Ya it's cheesy but its a good mix of cheesy with half-decent writing and action. It's an entertaining series but that's about it, not warranting any higher praise.
>>
I hate it. Both seasons. But I'm in the minority
>>
yeah I've had multiple people recommend it and it's pretty boring. CW level shit
>>
>>67750433
its better than all the capeshit films

But that really isn't saying much.
>>
I liked it. Kingpin and Punisher were pretty great characters, some really sad scenes. There is a lot of chaff though. And Daredevil himself is often thenleast interesting part of the show
>>
>>67750433
The writing is so hackneyed that it makes it unwatchable, and every character is dull and lifeless except for the main villain
>>
>>67750762
The fucking Ninjas killed it for me.
>>
>>67751026
The Hand is easily it's biggest weak point
>>
>>67751026
>blind dude catches an arrow shot by another blind guy

Drooooopped.

They take the show so seriously and then do shit like that.

They basically never really explore his "powers" except for that one scene early on. Being able to catch an arrow like that is utter bullshit.
>>
File: xena_1.jpg (219 KB, 967x1200) Image search: [Google]
xena_1.jpg
219 KB, 967x1200
>>67751248
and this is the reason why modern action/adventure shows are generally so fucking awful.

They're just as silly and ridiculous as the shows from the 80s/90s, but they lack the good sense to make it self aware and tongue-in-cheek, instead they pretend that everything is deadly serious. Fucking retarded
>>
>>67751479
Thanks Jeff
>>
File: 1459419514339.png (187 KB, 301x390) Image search: [Google]
1459419514339.png
187 KB, 301x390
>>67751479
Pretty much, it's just too cheesy. Guess I'll have to start to continue though
>>67751572
Thanks Lula you sexy thing you
>>
ITT: I liked the show but dont want to admit to being a reddit fat
>>
>>67750492
>implying based punisher isn't infinitely better than kingpin
>>
>>67751248
He's not actually blind. He explains this to Nurse lady and Foggy later.
>>
Sometimes the fights look cool but make little sense. With the staircase fight, I don't understand why the bikers are so spread out.
>>
>>67753703
At this point, I think his super power is being good at getting punched.
>>
>>67754013
Don't forget about jumping backwards and landing on people.
>>
>>67753587
Season one left me rather disappointed The. Punisher pretty much made that up for me. The ending of season two felt completely shoehorned in and unsatisfying
>>
>>67750433
It has the best fight scenes ever shot for television.
>>
>>67754358
I haven't finished season 2 I've made it to where punisher is on trial for his crimes but I already know nothing is gonna be better than him throughout the whole show.
>>
>>67754492
>Th...that means it's good, right?
>>
>>67751026
God damnit they just keep adding ninjas, I don't care about this shit, stop it, and matt keeps getting dragged into ninja subplots and doesn't seem to care
>>
>>67750433
i enjoyed the first episode
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.