[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Practical effects will forever be better than CGI Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: jurassic park.jpg (198 KB, 1908x954) Image search: [Google]
jurassic park.jpg
198 KB, 1908x954
Practical effects will forever be better than CGI

Prove me wrong
>>
That is fucking CGI you moron
>>
This statements accuracy changes on a case by case basis.
>>
File: JP1FullRex.png (821 KB, 1119x627) Image search: [Google]
JP1FullRex.png
821 KB, 1119x627
>>67740470
>>
>>67740903
And the shot in OP is still CGI. Jurassic Park alternated between physical props and CG to play to each other's strengths.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 400x248
>>67740362
nigga this scene was CG
>>
>>67740362
For every example of bad CGI you can fond an equally bad example of practical effects, and for every good practical effect you can find equally good CGI.
>>
I hate all faggots amd everybody that complains about CGI.

There is only bad CGI in a movie when you find out it was CGI.

There is a lot of great movies that are CGI but you don't know it because it's so good.

Did you know that Leonardo Dicaprio is a CGI actor motion captured by Jack Nicholson????

You don't and you probably will never believe me because it was!
>>
CGI is still in its infancy. Fucking 50 years from now, dawg. My body will be ready.
>>
>>67740362
OP that shot is CG.

Only the close ups were practical effects.

This movie is from 1995 and te CGI is better than most of today's.
>>
File: Ed209.jpg (16 KB, 329x240) Image search: [Google]
Ed209.jpg
16 KB, 329x240
ED-209 is stop motion and it looks janky as fuck.

The full-scale model looks great, but the stop motion looks awful.
>>
>>67741315

that shot actually is practical. the scene of the Rex running after the Jeep is cgi
>>
>>67740362

how was cg lighting better 30 years ago? I don't understand
>>
>>67741961
The people who made it back then had actually been outside and seen lightning.
>>
File: LATEPHASESEXCFXPICSNEWS4[1].jpg (68 KB, 730x335) Image search: [Google]
LATEPHASESEXCFXPICSNEWS4[1].jpg
68 KB, 730x335
/tv/, when you scrape the bottom of the barrell, what's worse? CGI, or practical effects?
>>
>>67742425
Bad practical effects are more fun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.