[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this movie have a less stupid reason for why Ironman and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: Civil_War_Final_Poster.jpg (1 MB, 1680x2488) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_Final_Poster.jpg
1 MB, 1680x2488
Will this movie have a less stupid reason for why Ironman and Captain America fight than Batman vs Superman?
>>
Yes, but avengers didn't.

Everyone fought in avengers but wb stretched that into a movie.

Superheros meet, fight, get together to fight a threat.

So with the development up to it, by creation alone is slightly less stupid.
>>
>>67731908
I haven't read the comic but I doubt it will be somehow more stupid than "because evil Mark Zuckerberg wants them to".
>>
>>67731908
>Will this movie have a less stupid reason for why Ironman and Captain America fight than Batman vs Superman?
Given that the two are actual characters with understandable personalities and some development from other movies to build on: fucking obviously.

That doesn't mean it won't be shit, but that one aspect of it will be less stupid than BvS.
>>
>>67731908
Dude, if anyone slightly interested in this movie already knows why they are fighting.
>>
>>67732094
Clearly I don't
>>
>>67731908
Yes, because their motivations were built upon in the previous movie

>Captain America saw the dangers of too much government oversight when HYDRA took over SHIELD and was ready to nuke millions of people. He also has a personal stake in wanting to protect Bucky and heal him rather than have him killed.

>Iron Man, after being responsible for so much death and destruction after creating Ultron, realizes that superheroes may need restrictions and oversight, because allowing superheroes to act unilaterally can result in innocent people getting hurt

These are two clashing worldviews, built up over several films, causing former friends to fight each other. Batman v Superman was some contrived plot by some crazy jew who tricked them into fighting each other because the movie was called Batman v Superman
>>
>>67732186
>Avengers have caused a fuckload of deaths already
>one last incident in the movie makes the accords go forward, which say that the Avengers are under the control of the UN
>Iron Man sides with this decision, probably due to guilt for creating Ultron
>Cap is against this, due to the HYDRA thing and because he knows the government can't be trusted to choose enemies
>end up fighting each other over this
>>
>>67731908

Yes 12 movies of build up vs. 30 minutes.
>>
File: Civil War Casualties.png (664 KB, 854x423) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Casualties.png
664 KB, 854x423
Speaking of Civil War, isn't these supposed casualties for Avengers, The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron really fucking low?

I'll give them Sokovia because they were intentionally saving as many people as possible and Ultron was focusing on the Avengers, but the Battle of New York sounds ridicolous - I'm pretty sure more people die in NY a regular day without an alien invasion
>>
>>67732469
they are pretty low, but I think Marvel is deliberately trying to avoid going too grimdark like the DC movies.

Just ignore it and pretend the figures were higher if you want, it's just a small box in the corner of a screen that'll probably be in the movie for five seconds
>>
>>67732469
:People are speculating that the casualties listed are ones directly coming from the Avengers' actions. Like collateral damage from fighting vs. aliens jut shooting people down.
>>
>>67732469
Meh.

It's like in a slightly strong hurricane. Seems legit considering the aliens were one bottle neck situation at their beach head in NY, they could only pore in at one direction in one spot.
>>
>>67732469
Yeah, I don't understand why they try to keep them so low either. I mean TFA was a normie-friendly movie too and you literally watched half a solar system's worth of people get annihilated.
>>
>>67732564
I guess - when I saw Age of Ultron Immediatly tought that they showed the Avengers rescuing so many people specifically to not get the same backlash as Man of Steel did.
>>
>>67732469
>>67732469

>casualties

oldest weasel-word trick in the book

just wait, those casualties will be 1 death - 73 scraped knees. people dont die or bleed in the main mcu films
>>
>>67732469
They said hundreds in Daredevil.
Probably a made up number due to MoS backlash.
Also
>more than 74 people die daily in NY
wat
>>
>>67732636
TFA is overkill the movie.

The hero is overkill awesome.

The hero is overkill douche.

Hammy is what it is.
>>
>>67732695

youre right, its more like >150 people die daily in NY
>>
File: NYC_murders.png (32 KB, 1250x852) Image search: [Google]
NYC_murders.png
32 KB, 1250x852
>>67732469
>I'm pretty sure more people die in NY a regular day without an alien invasion

not anymore. back in the 80s they wouldn't have noticed an alien invasion, and the reputation has stuck, but today it's one of the safest big cities.
>>
>>67732784
>be american
>get shot
>>
>>67732792
>>67732792

ohhh moving the goalposts i see

deaths =/= murders
waht the avengers and superman (MOS) did was murder was it?
>>
>>67732469
Backlash from MoS.
Who cares.
>>
>muh Bucky

movie will be great
>>
>>67732792
>500 murders / 365 days a year = 1.4 murders a DAY
My Calgarian brain still has trouble wrapping itself around even the low numbers.
>>
>>67732274
74 deaths, actually.

Considering that they saved Earth from aliens invading, from a megalomaniac alien ruler, then from robots invading and from a megalomaniac robot ruler.
74 deaths only is actually pretty good.

They shouldn't be fighting over it.
>>
>>67732940
There's also the South African incident regarding Scarlet Witch where the Avengers try to stop Crossbones and a lot of people end up dying, and the fact that Ultron almost destroyed the planet.
It's not only about deaths, it's about having some control.
>>
>>67731908

Tony's villains have been corrupt individuals: Killian, Stane, Hammer.
Steve's villains have been corrupt organizations: Nazi-Hydra, SHIELD-Hydra.

Tony ends up seeing the individual as corruptible, and the need for a stronger governing body/watchdog.
Steve ends up seeing the institution as corruptible, and in need of individual oversight.

Thus you get the two sides of Civil War.
>>
>>67732469
Whole premise is fucking stupid, Avengers have already saved tons of people during these 3 events, if there's anyone that should be getting supervising it's Tony since it was his fault that Ultron came to existence
>>
>>67732933

if you dont mean it, its not murder. (what i mean is, if you dont have the mens rea for murder, i.e intent to kill, but acidentally go too far, its not murder (its manslaughter) and wont be in those stats.

its just word play bullshit, check the assault rates and the non-natural death totals
>>
>>67733008
Like Pottery
>>
>>67732990
Don't forget Hulk loosing it in the African country, even if no one died they wrecked a TON of buildings
>>
>>67733022
That's the thing, it's only Tony the one who needs to be controlled, but since the Avengers are a team, they all get fucked.
Plus there's also the thing about Scarlet Witch both letting Hulk lose in Africa, and the Crossbones incident.
>>
>>67733050
>>67732933
>>67732792

>New York
not.even.once

http://www.statemaster.com/red/state/NY-new-york/cri-crime&all=1
>>
>>67732274
>Iron Man sides with this decision, probably due to guilt for creating Ultron

Or because he's going to be one of the people in charge of the organization. Almost like he learned nothing from AoU
>>
>>67732399
>12 movies to justify a fight
that's even more retarded
>>
>>67733194
Not all of them are made to justify the fight, but at least there's buildup to the issues Cap and Iron Man have with each other.
>>
>>67733194
just wait until Thanos. 30 films to set up a fight that will end with a meme off
>>
They're fighting over Bucky. Which is pretty contrived. The movies haven't shown us that much about the bond between Cap and Bucky. Same thing with Cap and Iron Man, they have met like couple of times in The Avengers movies and they just argued and didn't seem like friends at all. It is not very believable that the whole MCU gets split into two sides over a brainwashed assassin who doesn't even have superpowers.

The whole conflict isn't earned, they've built it around assumed empathy, not what has actually happened in the films. Critics and audiences will no doubt love it though because it's bright and colorful and there are lots of "funny" quips.
>>
>>67733194
Why?
>>
>>67733132
>That's the thing, it's only Tony the one who needs to be controlled
Going only by who's already done something bad is dumb, and not proactive. It would just take one mentalist villain to send Thor on a killing spree. And you're somehow forgetting Banner entirely.
>>
>>67733337
Bucky is just the last straw.

>he movies haven't shown us that much about the bond between Cap and Bucky.
First 2/3rds of TFA and all of TWS.
>>
>>67733337
>They're fighting over Bucky.
No, they aren't, they are fighting over the SRA.
The moment they order Cap to kill Bucky is what makes him finally go rogue.
>>
>>67731908
Yes

Conflicting ideologies is slightly better than being pranked by whacky Lex
>>
Yeah. Tony wants hard government supervision and Cap wants autonomy and to protect Bucky. Way less ham fisted than the fights they have in Avengers or Bat vs Supes.
>>
>>67733412
>tony has already shown he can be a supervillian
>let's ignore that and put him in charge of keeping other people in check because they could go bad

t. Tony Stark
>>
>>67733510
Don't retarded.
Steve wants to protect Bucky-chan but Tony is jealous of him.
>It's not like you were my friend or anything, Baka!
>>
>>67733593
Not a fucking word of what I said indicated I think Tony should be in charge. I'm saying that I had never eaten a corn dog up until the first time I ate a corn dog, and the argument that a devastatingly powerful metahuman shouldn't be controlled because they haven't done anything YET is moronic.
>>
>>67731908
the fucking trailer explains it you weak fuck
>>
Bucky killed Stark's parents while he was the Winter Soldier.
>>
>>67733800
>WAAH WAAH HE WAS BRAINWASHED
If Bruce Banner gets executed for Hulk's rampages then Bucky is responsible of his Winter Soldier assassinations.
But Hydra just wants him dead so Cap is still right.
>>
>>67732605
This would make sense since the Hulk would just smash random structures, Iron Man shooting cluster missiles in a general direction, Thor electrocuting a large area, etc.
The low death count in Winter Soldier is due to the lack of heavy hitters and those were probably the HYDRA agents Cap and pals killed.
>>
>>67731908
it was a shitty shitty comic so i highly doubt it
>>
>>67735799
But the comic was shitty because everyone acted out of character and they ended up making Tony a moustache-twirling villain because they didn't know what to do with the event.
The concept was fine, and the reasons to fight were valid, it's just the execution was a disaster.
>>
>>67731908
Mad are we DC Cuck
>>
>>67735941
not to mention none of the characters who died,actually died. fuck one of the villains who got killed sowed up two months later in a spiderman comic.
>>
>>67736095

Goliath died.
>>
>>67733166
>almost like he learned nothing
that's pretty much Tonys flaw, he is in some kind of a downward spiral and want's to fix everything because he feels guilty, thats why he is imo the most interesting character
>>
>>67731908
Cap 3 is going to be as bad or worse than BvS
This is going to be the one where they start to lose the casual viewers
>>
>>67731908
Vision could disintegrate them in a second. The fact that they're fighting is already stupid.
>muh Deus Ex Machima
>muh unexpected plot device that prevents Vision from incinerating everyone

No. It's as stupid as Superman having an arbitrary object being his weakness. It would be better if it were only the humans fighting each other since they're mortal.
>>
>>67742331
Scarlet Witch can match Vision. Hell, Scarlet Witch is so OP in the comics they need to write her as a batshit insane, mentally unstable wreck that does more bad things that good or otherwise there would be little tension.
>>
File: Acunt.jpg (21 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
Acunt.jpg
21 KB, 648x365
>>67742080
Get out of here you wonky eyed unfunny shitcunt

Don't you have a panel show to be doing right now?
>>
>>67731908
Who's the purple guy?
>>
>>67742080

>russell howard

UKIP?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?
>>
>>67742645
From right to left: Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Vision, Black Panther
>>
File: 1459526784354.png (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459526784354.png
158 KB, 1280x720
We already know that Civil War is going to better than the Avengers 2. How the fuck is DC going to recover when the RT scores drop?
>>
>>67742859
Oh Black Panther thanks
>>
Can anyone tell me why they decided to cut this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TqxEK8KLSM

and instead give us this boring trash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJSG08FjszU

I have seen multiple people say "vision isn't that strong he just throws a beam over his forehead"

Can /v/ tell me why they decided to cut vision's superbowl?
>>
>>67742859
That's Black Widow
Scarlet Witch is on the other side
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.