[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman vs Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: bat vs su.jpg (13 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
bat vs su.jpg
13 KB, 720x320
Why are pretending that BvS was bad again?
>>
>>67729266
Because normies were triggered when they saw that shot of a gun pointed at Martha's face. Marvel loves their women so much :D
>>
>>67729266
the movie aims to put the audience through the same heroes journey and test that the heroes do. they go through a dark night of the soul, a transfiguration that is literally projected to the viewer. in the same way batman has visions the movie itself is a vision that goes as far as it possibly can to enter the mind space of the viewer
>>
Watchmen was better, fuck yous all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEJb_3IFBw
>>
>>67729266
Because it was
>>
>>67729266
It was good. The disparity between critic reviews and regular people is gigantic. The thing that I noticed in quite a few of the critic reviews on Rotten Tomatoes is that this movie is missing the lightness of a Marvel movie. I guess that I missed the Marvel title card while I was getting comfy.
>>
>>67729266
Fuck you
>>
>>67730157
Space cops makers really know a good film when they see one
>>
Because it didn't have enough memes
>>
>>67729266
IS MARTHA IN THIS THREAD?
>>
File: 1459055329657.jpg (406 KB, 1411x1562) Image search: [Google]
1459055329657.jpg
406 KB, 1411x1562
>>67730436
this
Marvel really made superhero films being light hearted a requirement. and sure the thing about nolan trilogy and all, but BvS is about being lost and despair
>>
>>67729266
We are not pretending.
>>
>>67729266
Because it made a lot of people feel stupid and critics to lose credibility.
>>
>>67730613
shitposting ironically is just shitposting
>>
File: bana.gif (9 KB, 151x278) Image search: [Google]
bana.gif
9 KB, 151x278
>>67729266
>Batedge vs supermurder: dawn of dialogue
>>
>>67729266
>peal necklace
>big black gun
pure kino
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x821) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x821
Now THIS is more my speed!
>>
Let's say it was the same movie, but replace Batman with Professor Destructo and Superman as The Human Crab.

Is it still a good movie?
>>
>>67729266
Why aren't we defending Bayformers this hard?
>>
>>67730436
>>67730599
did you forget that Nolan's trilogy was critically acclaimed, faggots?

The problem is that BvS is a dumb capeshit flick with overbloated CGI action scene yet pretends to be something deep and profound by being as grimdark as humanly possible it borders on parody.
>>
>>67730766
I bet you thought that was clever.
>>
>>67730774
>replies to a post addressing nolan trilogy
>DID YOU FORGET ABOUT NOLAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
kill yourself
>>
>>67730774
Except Nolan's trilogy was a dumb capeshit trilogy.

And lots of critics didn't understand BvS. Literally, they couldn't understand basic symbolism.
The movie isn't deep or subtle about it, it is in the face, hamfisted, yet critics are too dumb to understand why is Lex doing what he is doing, why is Bats against Supes.

Sorry, mate, but it seems that this movie is indeed too deep for critics.
>>
>>67729266
>pretending
>>
>>67730599
>john beifuss actually summarizes the movie in a sentence
>>
File: 1459526784354.png (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459526784354.png
158 KB, 1280x720
>>67730640
>and critics to lose credibility.

Yup
>>
>>67730436
>The disparity between critic reviews and regular people is gigantic.
If by "regular people" you mean "DC fanboys spamming IMDB", I agree.
>>
>>67730894
>DUDE SUPERMAN APPEARS ABOVE A WOMAN REACHING OUT TO HIM SHOWING HE'S A GOD LIKE FIGURE OUT OF REACH OF HUMANITY LMAO
>DUDE SUPERMAN IS IMPALED ON A SPEAR WHILE BEING HELD UP IN A CROSS FORMATION
>DUDE MARTHA HOLDS HIM IN A PIETA POSE SO DEEEEEEEEP

People understand the symbolism. It's not deep, it's fucking stupid, and this is what people are calling the movie out on. It's a dumb stupid capeshit movie that thinks it's arthouse cinema.
>>
>>67731243
Not talking about visual symbolism, but the ones related to the plot.

And you couldn't even understand that. Really, anon, how stupid can you even be? No wonder you reply in memes and with greentext.
Fuck, that's sad. Too stupid to understand capeshit. How?
>>
>>67731243
This.

At least Marvel isn't afraid to stupid capeshit.

>>67731316
When will this meme die?
>>
>>67730766
What you describe sounds far better.
>>
>>67731488
on the contrary
>>67731243
bvs plays its characters to their logical and emotional absolute
>>
>>67731488
>>67731243
samefag
>>
>>67729266
>Why are pretending that BvS was bad again?
I can't wait till April Fools day is over so we don't keep getting these posts
>>
>>67731958
these wont be going away. The real April Fools joke is that it never ends
>>
m8
>>
>>67729266
The only people pretending it was bad are the ones that didn't understand it, which is sadly half of this board
>>
>>67731773
When you say 'on the contrary' it's a precursor to offering more. Usually.
>>
>>67729266
testing for cool name
>>
>>67731488
It is not a meme.

Marvel movies have blatant exposition in scenes like "We're grouping around a table and talking about our plan while the camera pans around each member" or "We have headsets and then we discuss the plan again while in the action scene just so the audience knows what we're doing".

Meanwhile, in BvS, they don't exposition as much.
Think about the Doomsday scene, they talk very briefly after WW appears.

Batman does his thing, WW does her thing and Superman does his thing.
If this was in a Marvel movie, every 20 seconds of fight they would talk with eachother "hey, I think we should do this", then there would be an "oh, crap" whenever Doomsday was close to hitting one of them, then there would be a "come on" with Superman flying to distract. Then they would talk with eachother through earpieces in the entire scene while the action was happening. And they would stop to throw quips at Doomsday, which would made Doomsday go "HUH?" and then Superman would kill him and quip him.

That's the difference between Marvel garbage and BvS.
>>
>>67729266
Why are we pretending it was good?
>>
>>67730774
Well maybe Nolan should have taken his executive producer role more seriously. Nolan was okay with it, why aren't you?
>>
>>67732256
top kek

capeplebs still deluded

this movie isn't smart, this movie treats it's audience like idiots and thats a big difference

hamfisted tasteless shallow childish symbolism doens't make a movie good
>>
File: CAPEKINO.png (537 KB, 923x692) Image search: [Google]
CAPEKINO.png
537 KB, 923x692
>>67729266
Capekino is too sophisticated for the pleb masses.
>>
>>67729266
It wasn't bad. It wasn't good either.
>>
>>67731236
I was talking about Rotten Tomatoes. The majority of people that go to 'comic book movies' don't read or have never read comics. This movie was an amalgamation of a few differrent comics that were all very bleak. This one passed over so many heads.
Ben Affleck also kicked ass as Batman. I'm really glad that he is responsible for Batman at the moment. One of the first people to get the role that actually KNOWS the comics, and LOVES them. If anything I know I'm going to get at least one really great solo Batman movie out of this.
>>
>>67729266
haven't seen it, but critics and fans are saying its Snyder's worth yet.
thats saying a lot.
>>
>>67732558
the movie starts and follows it's main characters until they are all absolute representations of their plot narrative within the movie. all characters are in the doomsday scene as absolute representations
i was shocked by the surreal fantasy
>>
>>67732823
This, it was definitely better than Marvel trash, but it wasn't a good movie either. Characters acted randomly, the story went nowhere for two whole hours and it was all obviously rushed to fit in the introduction of the DCCU. Also the "future dream" sequence was one of the most hilariously bad things to come out of capeshit
>>
>>67732264
second part of my post.
bvs plays illogical fantasy to the extreme
>>
>>67730157
What's the point of that video when there's already a Half in the Bag for the movie and no one likes Jack?
>>
>>67730576
I really love that Martha Wayne's name is covered up every time Batman goes to put flowers down. So if you aren't a comic fan, you get a nice suprise. Just like Batman did.
>>
>>67733021
>Super Heroes
>Extreme Illogical Fantasy
Wow. Groundbreaking. Snyder's a fucking Mytzplk.
>>
File: 8eY1Om3.png (544 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
8eY1Om3.png
544 KB, 500x278
>>67729266
>Why are pretending that BvS was bad again?

This just reminds me of the Transformers shit all over again and how people kept defending horrid fucking shit like Transformers 2.

The movie was a clusterfuck of shit.
>>
>>67732753
>this movie treats it's audience like idiots
By not holding their hand by pointing everything out through exposition?
>>
>>67733181
>not holding their hand
IF MAN WON'T KILL GOD THEN THE DEVIL WILL DO IT

wait guys I think Superman might be god here
>>
>>67733181
>By not holding their hand by pointing everything out through exposition?

Are we now pretending that poor screenwriting is now actually a positive?
>>
>>67733151
>The movie is absolutely terrible with no substance
>Actually it does have some substance in this regard
>WELL IT'S NOT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE!

The goalposts arent' even in the same field at this point.
>>
>>67730766
if that story were made with other characters the movie could have been better.

supes n bats are too autistic characters they should have died in the 30`s.
>>
not enough epic quips
>>
>>67729266
It's not outright bad. There's a good movie in there but it needs a good 30 to 40 minutes cut out.
>>
>>67733270
There was no poor screenwriting.

Show me three pieces of poor screenwriting in the movie.
>>
>>67733231

But the story is that Superman ISN'T' God.

How dumb are you?
>>
>>67733151
not trying to say anyone should feel or think any certain way

it is. it's the only superhero movie of its kind. it's absolutely uncompromising in its reach and intent. it takes everything that it used and turns the gain to 10
>>
>>67733231
Except Superman is referred to as a god in every fuckign media he's ever been in. In no way does that part need to be subtle.

>>67733270
I was never confused by the plot and understood each point intuitively. Why should I wish the director would appeal to the lowest common denominator when I would enjoy the film less if they did?
>>
imagine if the movie was a masterpiece /tv/ would be making non stop threads of how shit it is
>>
>>67733181
you are so fucking deluded

this movie shoves everything in your face
>>
>>67733323
>There was no poor screenwriting.

I can already tell where this is going, someone defending pretty much every aspect with the movie, no matter what.
I don't waste my time on people like you.
>>
>>67733316
Cut out? I'd say it needed another 30 or 40 minutes of scenes, actually.
>>
>>67733371
>Why should I wish the director would appeal to the lowest common denominator

Which is what he did? This is low brow.

>>67733379
Are you saying the movie is great? Really?
>>
>>67733383
This. I'm sorry, but the symbolism in this movie was way, way too ham-fisted. Also, it's nothing that wasn't already done in both Superman Returns and Man of Steel. It felt rehashed.
>>
>>67733383
Then why do so many people fail to understand such basic plot points like Lex and Bruce's motivation? Why do so many misunderstand the significance of hte name Martha?
>>
The problem isn't that BvS tried to have a real plot or a deeper message, it's that it sacrificed established characters to do it.

If you want gritty moral ambiguity, Superman is pretty much your worst possible choice. The whole Batman wants to fight Superman angle was completely retarded and just there for a marketing headline, not to actually explore the characters.

If you make a capeshit movie with established characters, people want to see those characters behave as they have in previous media, not bouncing back and forth however it fits the plot.
>>
>>67733409
I personally feel that the movie buckled under the weight of being a corporate mandated launching point for the Justice League movie. Basically it wasn't allowed to have its own identity.
>>
>>67733168
Wait, seriously?
They did that?
>>67733284
You're serious?
Snyder was the first to make Super Heroes an illogical fantasy...?
I don't even.
>>67733354
Only of it's kind?
Did you miss Watchmen and Watchmen 2 The Steelman?
>>
>>67733371
think about that. the media is calling superman a god.
a bunch of internet celebrities, tyson, some spirtuality dude and some other political guy all look at superman through their point of view and discuss the meaning of superman as would happen irl. pretty sure this is cut with superman doing good deeds which are represented visually to convey their view of him
>hands reaching out to him
>he's obviously uncomfortable
>>
>>67733396
Nope. Yesterday I had a nice discussion with an anon and he showed me some discrepancies in the script. Another anon did the same.

Both of these anons were right about the errors in the script. (The data storage device being in the kitchen area and the fact that Superman, for some reason, took 3 minutes to reach Lex).

Now I want you to show me "poor screenwriting" in the movie.
>>
>>67733473
>Why do so many misunderstand the significance of hte name Martha?

Because it's so fucking stupid people keep overthinking the movie. People think "It can't be THAT dumb".
>>
>>67733455
>Which is what he did? This is low brow.
i take the movie as ignoring low brow and high brow
>>
>>67733525
>Snyder was the first to make Super Heroes an illogical fantasy...?
Literally not what he said.
>>
>HUUR DURR THE MOVIE IS BAD
>HEAVY-HANDED CHRISTIAN IMAGERY I HATE IT
>SUPERMAN S GOD SUPERDEEP FUCK THIS MOVIE

The movie shows Superman feeling uncomfortable with everybody treating him as a God or as a Devil, like Lex Luthor does, and in the end Batman has a crisis when he finally proves that Superman was no God, that he bleeds, thus humanizing both Superman and Batman.
The Christian and Mythic imagery is just there to fool the viewer into thinking like the people in the movie in regards to Superman.
Superman's no God, he's a person doing good, but because of his powers people him treat him as a God.

YOU ALL FUCKING DUMB!
>>
>>67733485
>The whole Batman wants to fight Superman angle was completely retarded and just there for a marketing headline, not to actually explore the characters
Yeah, and they fight for a whopping 10 minutes before the fact that their mums share a name has them co-oping against Lex Autismo
>>
>>67733599
Ah, so I take it you're one of those who thinks it's literally "because their moms have the same name", right?

That explains a lot.
>>
File: giphy2.gif (2 MB, 346x255) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
2 MB, 346x255
>people actually go out of their way to defend this movie

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>67729266
Why are you pretending that it was good?
>>
>>67733464
the doomsday scene is all the metaphors of the movie made physical in a dreamy chaotic visionary way

again not trying to tell you how to view the movie but the movie itself is a vision projected to the viewer
>the jumps to imax are jumps for the characters but the viewer as well
>>
>>67733654
Pam is right on the money here.
>>
>>67733654
How about people viewing Superman as a hero and a super... man? Why is any of this grimdark shit necessary? Frank Miller is not the end all, be all of comic book writers.
>>
>>67733693
Then enlighten me? Its something like "Batman realizes that Supes has FEELINGS and a FAMILY too"?
>>
>>67732955
That is absolute horseshit. Go see it for yourself. The movie is certainly 'better' than Sucker Punch.
Critics hold so much power over how well a movie does. I ignore them and if a movie looks interesting I'll go see it. The only person that decides what I like is me. I nearly had to break my brothers arm to get him to come and see this movie, and I think that he enjoyed it more than I did. All because he saw that critics hated it.
>>
>>67733693
>Ah, so I take it you're one of those who thinks it's literally "because their moms have the same name", right?

Go ahead and explain it then, because I sure as fuck won't purchase any tickets for this shitheap.
Can't wait to hear what you think the deep meaning is.
>>
File: cohan.jpg (65 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
cohan.jpg
65 KB, 990x660
>>67729266

I'd give her a pearl necklace if you know what I mean
>>
>>67733635
Literally was.
>>67733614
>I don't understand that, so BvS transcends it
>>
>>67730252
This is the only valid answer.

Everything else is the willful misinterpretation to apply a false sense of depth.
>>
>>67733760
>Frank Miller is not the end all, be all of comic book writers.
Who implied it was? All this movie represents is a different approach to the genre. Lots of people enjoy both Frank Miller AND Jack Kirby.
>>
>>67733721
i'm not reaching at all.
there's the moby dick stuff and i'm guessing other literary and cinematic allusions and homages that i'm sure i'm not aware of because they're things i'm not familiar with. my view of the movie is based on my spontaneous reaction that was triggered by how the movie did things that were communicated to me based on points of reference i'm familiar with
>>
>>67733485
>If you want gritty moral ambiguity, Superman is pretty much your worst possible choice
How so? He is pretty much an all-powerful being living in a cynical world, a Messianic figure that nowadays would cause much controversy if it existed.

Remember that scene with Clark speaking to Perry?
>When the Planet was founded it stood for something, Perry!
>And so could you if this was 1938, but this is is NOT 1938.
1938 was the year Superman debuted in comics, when he was a symbol of hope, but this is not the case anymore as the movie states.

Superman is perfect for moral ambiguity because of how powerful he is and because he was raised as a human being.

>The whole Batman wants to fight Superman angle was completely retarded
Not at all. While I agree that it was solved really fast in the movie, that was not an issue.
Batman's hatred for Superman was actually justified.

They are not bouncing fourth and back.
Superman is behaving the same he did in Man of Steel.
>>
>>67733840
>ctrl+f "Snyder was the first to make Super Heroes an illogical fantasy"
>Only find your post

Huh. How strange.
>>
>>67733591
how is it an error if the movie doesn't break its own internal structure
>>
>>67733769

Batman is reminded of his parents and sees himself as Joe Chill. Is more about Batman saving a Marthan than him sparing Superman.

In the movie Batman is constantly failing to save his "family". The Martha thing gives him opportunity to save Martha, his mom, all over again.
>>
It was a good movie.

Critical response has been retarded. No humour/too serious in not a valid reason to rate a movie low
>>
Zack Snyder should kill himself.
>>
File: 1377550342619.png (183 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1377550342619.png
183 KB, 500x377
>Bruce's father tried attacking the mugger

Walked out of the theater after that

I'm guessing the rest of the movie was also shit
>>
>>67733933
It breaks. Superman left and then Batman left, yet Superman took 3 minutes to reach Lex. And reaching Lex was a priority.
Batman took these 3 minutes to save Martha, but apparently Superman was just slacking.

I liked the movie, but this was an error in the movie.
>>
>>67733923
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>67731243
>>67732753
>>67733231

this movie isn`t good because of the visual symbolism.

it is because of the storytelling and the plot.
>>
>>67733938
>Batman is reminded of his parents and sees himself as Joe Chill. Is more about Batman saving a Marthan than him sparing Superman.
>In the movie Batman is constantly failing to save his "family". The Martha thing gives him opportunity to save Martha, his mom, all over again.

I fucking lol'd.
>>
>>67733938
That's some pretty hard mental gymnastic, and even then it is never stated that Batman failed to save his family or that he feels guilty about it, unless giant bat monsters coming out of graves are a Jungian symbol of guilt
>>
File: 1459102309493.png (270 KB, 368x435) Image search: [Google]
1459102309493.png
270 KB, 368x435
It's a 2deep4u capepleb trash aimed the subhuman gen Y subhumans who grew up on capeshit and refuse to watch anything else

this thread is cute tho it's like looking at autistic toddlers playing with a puzzle
>>
This better be a Bill Wilson's thread
>>
>>67733981
>No humour/too serious in not a valid reason to rate a movie low

If you seriously think this is why people are calling the movie shit or underwhelming then you're fucking retarded.

Need I remind you that people love other more serious capeshit like Batman and Daredevil?
>>
>>67733840
>>I don't understand that, so BvS transcends it
not what i said at all.
what i'm saying is that snyder and co use everything they put in the movie to present and uncompromising movie. they did not compromise their vision in any way, and i think they saw it as
>movie structured like a comic book in how comics themselves are experienced; it presents the narrative in a certain way while also aware of the cultural place of comic books in general
>is a surreal fantasy that slowly turns into a full fantasy
>i only noticed it because of my interest in music; the movie crescendos to its climax

again, i'm not trying to say it's deep or patrician or pleb, but these things are presented absolutely clearly in my mind
>>
>>67734096

>and even then it is never stated that Batman failed to save his family

Really? Because even in the trailer you get to see Batman looking angry at a jornal of the Metropolis attack with this written on it: YOU FAILED TO SAVE YOUR FAMILY!

Fuckhead.
>>
>>67733485
>sacrificed established characters

This.

Why can`t people just realize that this batman and superman aren`t the ones in the comic book.

wtf,guys.
>>
>>67734046
>it is because of the storytelling and the plot.
Wtf are you talking about Lora?
The plot has holes everywhere!
>>
>>67733981
It is, you stupid dccuck
>>
File: 1459524043864.png (77 KB, 917x538) Image search: [Google]
1459524043864.png
77 KB, 917x538
ITT 5 disneyshills samefagging damage control
>>
>>67734206

There are several Supermen and Batmen in the comic books.
>>
>>67734214

The holes of you ass, you mean.
>>
>>67733997
>my parents taught me a different lesson. the wold only makes sense if you force it to
>not batman's modus operandi
>>
>>67733791
This. Please enlighten us plebs as to what the significance of this is.
>>
>>67734174
I think you're overthinking and forcing your own meaning onto it.
>>
File: 1409328717419.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1409328717419.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>67733791
>>67733769

Batman is a character who is ALWAYS motivated by one moment in his life. The fact that he would be triggered as fuck by "Martha" makes complete sense, especially in a universe where it was the only word said in that one moment.

The whole movie consists of Bruce completely dehumanizing Superman. He's an alien. He's too powerful. In that moment, when he hears the name and then discovers it is Clark's mother, he realizes that Clark is exactly as he was when his own mother died. A helpless son who is scared for his Martha's life. This isn't me fucking drawing lines that arne't there. The movie literally flashes back to Bruce's mom's death and his own feelings of helplessness.

It was obvious as fuck. Litearlly how did you not understand that intuitively?
>>
7/10 with issues but nothing that makes it a terrible film worthy of that 29% on Rotten Tomatoes.

People want Christopher Reeves batman but that batman doesn't exist.

People disliked Man of Steel so they already hate Cavil going into BVS.

Eisenberg is the one true absolute completely worst aspect of this movie that no one can or should try to defend. But people have known this since the beginning.

It has faults absolutely, which I think can from rewrites and bad editing, and it has humour, but it is about gods living in the modern world more so than it is about dance offs and meme references.

Laurence Fisburne is also funny.

Most MU films are pretty forgettable, I mean does anyone even remember how Ironman 2 ended? Or what the plot of Ironman 3 was about? How about the ending to the Avengers were the ending to the movie is quite literally a button that was somehow installed to turn the machine off.

It has a lot of potential but people want to hate it, so they do.
>>
>>67729266
Because we pretend we have good taste in movies.
>>
>>67734181
Damn, a whole two seconds to set a key character trait that plays a big role in the plot, that's really something
>>
>>67729266
Are there seriously DC fanboys arguing that DC movies are even in the same league as Marvel?

I grew up on no comics. I watched Batman and Spiderman cartoons in the 90s. Magnolia and The Man Who Wasn't There are on my top ten of all time. Favorite show ever is Six Feet Under.

Guardians and Ant-Man should be the future of superhero movies. Instead, we get Bullshit Vs Serious Man.
>>
>>67734022
i don't quite remember how that sequence goes, it could also be explained by a superman in a weak state, i'd have to watch the movie again
>>
>>67734308
>People want Christopher Reeves batman but that batman doesn't exist.

Superman....Christopher Reeves' superman.
>>
>>67733938
I 100% guarantee you've given more thought to this than Terrio and Snyder ever did.
>>
File: 10.png (368 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
10.png
368 KB, 1024x600
>>67730157
>Watchmen was better, fuck yous all!

Fuck you. Watchmen was terrible.

It took the fun out of superheroes and turned it into edgy shit. I actually blame it for Man of Steel and BvS.
>>
Can some DCuck tell me why Wonder Woman is in the movie?

Setting up the Justice League or having a "badass" fight scene isn't a good answer
>>
>>67734304
So, it's "Batman realizes that Supes has FEELINGS and a FAMILY too". It's still a heavy handed cliche, just like the rest of the "symbolism" of this movie
>>
>>67734406
Doesn't matter if its the good answer its the answer.

Truth doesn't care for your personal opinion, she was in it because the second half of the movie was to establish the Justice League.
>>
>>67733353
But in that sentence Superman is god, you retard.

>Except Superman is referred to as a god in every fuckign media he's ever been in. In no way does that part need to be subtle.

Oh, it doesn't NEEEEEED to be subtle. Just like the rest of the movie.
>>
>>67734406
That's literally why. This movie was a corporate product from beginning to end. Snyder is a hired gun, nothing more.
>>
>>67734303
i keep getting this comment and have gone through some of the cast and director producer interviews. they describe and at times even use the same words i am

what shocked me about the movie was not the fact that it had meanings, but that it fully tried to push them onto me as hard as it could
>>
>>67734335

You're just fucking dumb. So fucking dumb. Dear god, you're dumb.

In the movie Batman is constantly shown as a man full of regrets that failed to save his family. From the Robin to the Wayne's employees. He's also shown constantly saving female figures.

The Martha thing gave him a chance to redeem himsel by saving his "mom" in a way. "No Marthas dying tonight!"
>>
File: Last_of_the_Mohanakins.jpg (36 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
Last_of_the_Mohanakins.jpg
36 KB, 500x357
Solid 5/10 kino if I want to be honest familia

Saw it 2 days ago and I barely remember anything

Still better than the Crapvengers 1 and 2 tho
>>
>>67729266
haha, did they actualy include the batman origin story?
>>
>>67734390

No, you're just stupid.
>>
>>67734536
They also fundamentally changed how his parents died
>>
>>67734398
>It took the fun out of superheroes and turned it into edgy shit
to be fair i think moore intended that himself. in an interview he says he tries to end comic book heroes through that book
>>
>>67734406
Well, the answer is exactly that they needed to set up the Justice League and maybe attract the whatever-wave-we-are-at-feminist crowd with a strong gurl character that disses silly bois and can pretty much hold out against the giant atomic gorilla alone
>>
>>67734512
Everyone remembers the Batman warehouse scene, so fucking happy we finally got a scene of Batman being Batman.

Not to mention actual fucking detective work.
>>
File: JokerDamaged.png (127 KB, 188x324) Image search: [Google]
JokerDamaged.png
127 KB, 188x324
>>67734494
WE GOY A PSYCHO HERE, MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
File: mum i posted it again.png (229 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
mum i posted it again.png
229 KB, 770x711
>>67734343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naqwR9XnJk
>>
>>67734398
This post gave me cancer.

Watchmen is grim and has subtext to back it up. Each supe is a metaphor for a line of philosophy, Manhattan is existentialism, Rorshach is nihilism, Comedian is Absurdism.

BvS was grim with absolutely no subtext and therefore fails to be watchable. For fucks sake, nobody felt anything at all during the funeral scene because they weren't characters in a story, just charicatures in a piece of cardboard.
>>
>>67734445

Superman ISN'T GOD. The movie is all about this fact.
>>
>>67734406
Can some marvalkek explain why the entire MCU is in a Captain America movie?

Setting up Avengers 3 or having a "badass" fight scene isn't a good answer
>>
File: 1280x720-YRu.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-YRu.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>67734096
Not the guy you're quoting, but yes, it is stated, through symbolism.

"Martha" was Bruce's mom name and also the last word his father said. Ever heard about survivor guilt? That's what Bruce felt ever since he was a kid. In the day of his parents funeral was when Batman was created.
The giant bat came out of Martha's grave and bit Bruce in the neck. What is the creature that, in pop culture, is a bat-human and bites people in the neck to create more of his kind? Vampires. This is a symbolism of how Batman was created. Of how the bat-being biting Batman in his mother's grave (his parents funeral, which was the day he fell in the well) made him the Batman.

And Batman says "Martha is not dying tonight" to Superman. It also refers to his survivor guilt.

See why people who think that movie didn't make sense didn't understand it?
You can't understand obvious hamfisted symbolism and call the movie dumb, while the only dumb thing here is you.
>>
>>67734433
No... It's that he realizes that Clark and he are more similar than they are different.
>>
>>67734604
That's my real name
>>
>>67734497
So he suddenly stops caring about all the other millions of "moms" that he is going to save from the omnipotent alien because said omnipotent alien has a mom too?
>>
>>67734512
You are just a stupid pleb this movie is easily a 9/10
>>
>>67734406
the movie and it's character interactions are mirrored through lex, bruce, and clark. depending on their specific narratives they choose to do different things in regards to the two people they interact with
>>
>>67734304
This fucking autism.

Are these the people that think the movie was good? I guess that explains it.
>>
>>67733791
>I didn't even see the movie, because I know it's shit, but I can discuss all of it's finer points on /tv/
Are you fucking kidding? Christ. When Superman yells out "You're killing Martha", Batman sees himself as the killer that took his parents from him, and sees Superman as himself as a child. It's all right there. How is it hard to see? The entire movie lead to that fucking point. You really don't need to see the movie now you shit-posting dolt.
>>
>>67734558

No, they didn't. In the cartoons Thomas also tried to hit the robber.

Remember in the episode "For the Man who has everything" how Batman's dream was that his father senseless beat the shit out of the robber?
>>
>>67734433
>symbolism
Is this a buzzword now? Not every moment that isn't explained through exposition is supposed to be symbolic, you know? The scene you're discussions isn't supposed to have symbolism at all.
>>
>>67734160
It's the only argument they can grasp at.
The DCucks have been driven insane by how fucking bad their "capekino" turned out. There's no helping them.
>>
>>67729266
Affleck and Gadot did well. Cavill is still bland but a bit more confident in the role. Doomsday was lame and Eisenberg is atrocious as Lex(Not his fault. I like him as an actor).
>>
>>67734697
>Someone actually explained hte scene in a way that I didn't realize but makes more sense than I can argue against
>I'll just call them autistic!

Kek. Keep up the good work, anon.
>>
>>67734588
>>
File: 1459266253853.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459266253853.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67734697
>EXPLAIN WHAT I MISSED ABOUT BVS
>ok *explains*
>WTF NAH BRO AUTISM HAHA DC BTFO
>>
>>67734494
inb4 incestuous relationship with your mother, crossdressing, murder, and underrated third film, followed by a horrible shot for shot remake of your life starring Vince Vaughan.
>>
>>67734304
What you're saying is precisely the thing people have said. Bats stops because Supes mom is also named Martha.

It's retarded and you're a fucking idiot that thinks he's smarter than he actually is.
>>
It wasn't bad. It was really bad.
>>
>>67734661

PTSD. Yes, he doesn't give a crap about other thug's moms. Maybe if they were called Martha and were in danger he could try to help them because of his issues, but that didn't happened in the film.

Are you pretending to be a retard or are you really that braindead?
>>
>>67734304
The idea that any moment in that film showed a character expressing a feeling is more offensive than anything else I'll see on this board.
>>
File: 1397378392159.png (6 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1397378392159.png
6 KB, 478x373
>>67734837
>>
>>67734631
also, alfred is constantly confronting bruce about the absurdity and suicidal nature of his desire to kill superman
>>
This will forever be the best live action depiction of Superman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI
>>
>>67734398
>Fuck you. Watchmen was terrible.

This.

MoS and BvS had flaws but were far better than that shit.
>>
>>67734597
>Watchmen is grim and has subtext to back it up. Each supe is a metaphor for a line of philosophy, Manhattan is existentialism, Rorshach is nihilism, Comedian is Absurdism.

I disagree. Watchmen was heavy-handed and tedious, just like Mark Zuckerberg's speeches.

Watchmen's dull and repetitive universe is something that should be merely referenced, not explored. That's why Synder was attracted to that garbage. Because it allowed him to posit with his depressing faux-deep theories on the human condition without any checks or balances.
>>
>>67734640
Yeah, the thing in that they are similar is that they both have a mom named Martha and Batman doesn't want the guy he thinks will one day enslave humanity to feel sad about his mom dying. It's still retarded, no matter how you put it
>>
>>67730140
State a movie where this isn't the case. Do you even know what the fuck you're saying or did you just pick up a thesaurus?

>"dark night of the soul"
>"a transfiguration t hat is literally"
>LITERALLY
>"projected to the viewer.

I can't distinguish what is and isn't memes anymore.

>>67730436
No. The main criticism was lack of motivation, and bad editing.

>>67730599
>cherry picking.
True, he says that's his biggest criticism because his website "Leonard Maltin's Picks" is clearly not a terribly intellectual endeavor. He wants flicks. Anyways, his criticism includes
>"...the overblown, overlong, poorly written film"
>(On Superman) It would take a superhuman actor to breathe life into such a two-dimensional part."
etc.

>>67731005
>editing reviews to make critics look worse.

Jesus Christ how desperate can you get? http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/movies/review-avengers-age-of-ultron-gets-the-superband-back-together.html?_r=0
>"you can sense that Mr. Whedon, having helped build a universal earnings machine with the first “Avengers,” has now struggled mightily, touchingly, to invest this behemoth with some life"

etc

>>67732558
Different movies have different styles to different effects. Saying less talking = better objectively needs to be substantiated. Marvel movies are comic book movies. Comic books are retarded, they have mid-fight quips and dialogue. That's a faithful representation of the action.

>>67732798
>literally a nigger faggot
His opinion is garbage filled with buzzwords to mask its meaninglessness and lack of basis.

>>67733654
But why would Lex treat him that way? From the deleted scene we know for a fact that he's contacted Darkseid or his force somehow.

How could he think Superman is evil but Darkseid isn't? Or is he just evil for some reason? Sure, he says he hates God, so that could translate to hating Superman. But if he hates God, shouldn't he also hate Darkseid? Shouldn't HE be the one to try and unite the Justice League?
>>
>>67734835
>>67734588
get thee behind me satan
>>
>>67734270
Please explain to me how a bunch of thugs killed by firearms in the deepest African shithole could be, in a logical narrative, a proof to frame Superman.
>>
>>67734837
>Bats stops because Supes mom is also named Martha.
No, the way you say it gives the impression that Batman thought "Wow, your mom is Martha too? I guess we're cool then".

You are literally over-simplifying it in a dumb way.
That's the same as using "DUDE [something] LMAO".
>>
>>67734995
the bullets are made in a way as to frame him
>>
>>67734160
Look at all of the fucking critic reviews on any aggregate site. Nearly all of them have the complaint that the movie didn't have any humour and it was too dark. It is why people are calling it shit, at least if you consider critics as people.
>>
>>67734940
No, it's the fact that Clark is going to feel sad about his mom dying that makes Bruce realize he's been on an obsessive and destructive path. He even fucking says "i failed him in life" at the end of the movie. Triggering someone's PTSD as a way to make them realize the humanity of their opponent and understand their own shortcoming is a perfectly acceptable storytelling technique and I literally can't fathom why everyone here hates it so much aside from meme magic.
>>
>>67734563
based moore.

it could have been a better world if he had suceed.
>>
>>67734995

Superman's presence escalated the situation. He stopped the warlord creating a power-vacum.

The whole movie is about Superman trying to do good and people blaming thing for things out of his control.
>>
Reminder that a marvel movie would never spark this much buzz, discussion/arguments

WB and Zack Snyder know exactly what they're doing
>>
>>67729266
There were a shit ton of plot holes and/or incredibly illogical actions.
>>
>>67735007
DUDE MARTHA LMAO
>>
>>67734777
>>67734811
>>Someone actually explained hte scene in a way that I didn't realize but makes more sense than I can argue against

This is why I called you autisitc. You think that not only it has a "deeper meaning" but you also think that "meaning" was deep.
Batman literally stopped because Supes mom was called Martha and that namedrop was thrown in there for that very reason. This is shit writing at its finest.

This is like arguing with the retards defending Prometheus.
>>
>>67735081
Superman uses Lexcorp bullets?
>>
>>67734304

Also...

The last thing his dying father says is 'Martha' with the gunman standing over him.
The last thing a soon to die Supes with bats standing over him is 'Martha'.
Bruce realises he is now just the gunman in the alleyway.

Seriously how does this seen go over people's heads. It shows the Wayne death scene twice
>>
>>67734901
Yeah, alright grandpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU&
>>
>>67735007
That's exactly why though.
>>
>>67729266
I'll pretend its anything you want it to be if you faggots will promise to stop talking about it.
>>
>>67735158
the mercenaries do
>>
>>67735134

No, there weren't, Georgia. You're just a dumb slut. You should stop checking your phone every 5 sec and just stop and thinking about shit for once. You stupid bitch.
>>
File: 1459001355948.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459001355948.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>67735130
>Reminder that a marvel movie would never spark this much buzz

Yeah people would just agree it's good and move on to watch other good Marvel films.
>>
>>67735145
No. Literally nobody is implying that it's deep. It's implying that it's about half an inch under the surface, and that it's a reasonable expectation that the audience would be able to understand such in-your-face parallelism.

Nobody here is claiming the movie is smart for the way it conducted that scene. We're saying you are STUPID, like, a dumb person, for not intuitively understanding the point while watching it.
>>
>>67735007
>You are literally over-simplifying

There is no simplifying here since there is no depth at all to that scene. In fact this movie is about as deep as a puddle.
You're overthinking a shit movie because you want to defend what you enjoyed, like a typical fanboy. The funny thing here though is that you're overthinking it in a fucking stupid way.
>>
>>67735145
>This is shit writing at its finest.

why? did your baboon mind need more exposition for it to make sense?
>>
>>67735219
Superman employs mercenaries?
>>
>>67735239
>Latasha
Nigger
>>
>>67734953
>How could he think Superman is evil but Darkseid isn't? Or is he just evil for some reason? Sure, he says he hates God, so that could translate to hating Superman. But if he hates God, shouldn't he also hate Darkseid? Shouldn't HE be the one to try and unite the Justice League?

And here we go, another one who didn't understand basic and obvious motivations yet complains that the character have no motivation.

Lex thinks that Superman can't be good, not that Superman is evil. Lex does not believe that someone can be powerful and good at the same time, or else this person would save EVERYONE, not just a few.

Did you miss the part where Lex talks about how he prayed that God would save him from his abusive father? And that he didn't?
>>
>>67735272

Judith, just SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORE MOUTH.
>>
>>67735081
Sure, Superman the famous gunslinger.
>>
>>67735186
Awful. "We need a Superman for the post-9/11 world" should never have been a thing that anyone thought or said ever.
>>
>>67735086
>Look at all of the fucking critic reviews on any aggregate site. Nearly all of them have the complaint that the movie didn't have any humour and it was too dark. It is why people are calling it shit, at least if you consider critics as people.

Yeah man, the movie is actually 10/10, a fucking masterpiece.
People just don't understand it and hated it because of that fact along with it not being funny!
Jesus christ you people are delusional.

This movie is just a mess of an edgefest that is also poorly written.
>>
>>67735086
Then why does an in depth analysis only paint Snyder as film school tier idiot who tried too hard to seem smart?

James fucking Franco is a better director than Snyder, and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>67735393
And it's still on track to break a billion. :^)
>>
File: 1457471830540.jpg (175 KB, 750x726) Image search: [Google]
1457471830540.jpg
175 KB, 750x726
SUPERMAN DIDN'T SHOOT NOBODY. NOBODY THOUGHT THAT HE KILLED THOSE PEOPLE. THEY BLAME HIM FOR THEIR DEATHS BECAUSE HIS INVOLVEMENT ESCALATED THE SITUATION.

GOOD GOD, YOU'RE ALL FUCKING RETARDED!!
>>
>>67735241
>move on to watch other good Marvel films.

which is why marvel will never be as iconic as DC
>>
>>67735130
>Reminder that a marvel movie would never spark this much buzz, discussion/arguments
>WB and Zack Snyder know exactly what they're doing

Yeah. the wrong kind of buzz.
But I bet you think that when everyone at school went around and talked about how fucking stupid you were you took it as a positive since "at least they were talking about me!".
>>
>>67735417
>James fucking Franco is a better director than Snyder, and that's not a good thing.
I liked his episode of 11.22.63.
>>
>>67735452
it already is
if not better
>>
>>67735272
There is and the depth was explained to you.
Now you feel dumb as shit for not realising, hence why you asked for people to explain it to you.

I'm not saying the movie was 2deep, in my opinion it is a solid 7/10.
But apparently you are too stupid to understand a capeshit, anon. A CAPESHIT, how can you fail to understand basic capeshit symbolism?

That's really sad.
>>
>>67734174
>Did not compromise their vision in any way
>Endless amounts of deleted material
>Ham-fisted JL inserts
>Shoves multiple plot lines into a single narrative
>Cut it down to as short a movie as possible for marketing.

That last one is confirmed btw, he kept pressing to cut the time down so that it wouldn't be an "epic".

That sounds like a compromise.

>>67734174
>movie is structured like a comic book

That is so fucking ambiguous its hilarious. Define "comic book structure". Its a MEDIUM not a genre. Comic structure can encompass practically anything.

>presents the narrative in a certain way
That you do not specify in any way.

>also aware of the cultural place of comic books in general
Comic books are a shit show that are dying out due to irrelevancy and bad sales. Didn't catch any of that in the movie. Comics are only important today because of movies.

>surreal fantasy that turns into full fantasy.
Is the movie an super intelligent / nihilistic political thriller than represents today's tedious post-9/11 world? Or is it a "surrealist fantasy". I've seen both argued. Both equally unconvincing.

>>67734613
The movie is literally called Civil War. And we have yet to see how much screen time he gets. If Cap is cornered out then that is legitimate criticism.

>>67734304
Its not the reasoning, its the effect. It doesn't make sense from Batman's stated intentions. But who cares.
>>
File: sdfgsdfg.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
sdfgsdfg.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>people are now actually defending the movie by calling people that thought it was bad "stupid"
>they're actually pulling the "you didn't understand it!" card
>>
>>67735470
I know this may seem like kind of an odd choice, but I'd love to see Spike Jonze take a crack at a DC superhero movie.
>>
>>67735464
the movie is about power
the movie is exerting power over viewers psychologically and in turn exerting power into reality

take that as you will
>>
>>67729266
The simple matter is that 50% of the population has an IQ below 100 and 100% of those people believe they have an IQ above 100.

The same goes for people on /tv/. Everyone is an idiot but them, so if they can't get simple plot points, it's because the movie is too stupid, and can't possibly be because they are because, hey, they took an online IQ test one time that put them at 130!
>>
>>67735557
You're stupid and you didn't understand it, yes. It must be hard to take in.
>>
>>67735434
>And it's still on track to break a billion. :^)

And I don't see how that makes the movie good? The Bayformers movies did extremely well... but I'm assuming you liked those too?
>>
>>67735447
But they where all death before he arrived and saved the civilian.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>67735376
>m-muh campy donnerverse

kill ya self my man.
>>
>>67735186

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzwcJjE_61XE&start1=&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRdc6QjBNOOU%26&start2=&authorName=Ayarkhaan+Enemy
>>
>>67735557
Except most of the criticism is based on not understanding motivations.

Not saying you should like the movie, but if you're going to bash it, bash it for the right reasons, not because you didn't pay attention.

Must be hard to realise your own stupidty, huh, anon?
Keep posting them laughing images! Don't forget the pepe.
>>
>>67735239
>Latasha
>unnecessarily aggressive
Wow Akihito seems to be pretty accurate with his name generator families; maybe he's learning from Confucius or that other gay ass Chinese bullshit
>>
>>67735605
>You're stupid and you didn't understand it,
Everyone understands it.
Some people are just smart enough to see how pretentious it is.
>>
>>67735470
That wasn't bad, but try watching his William Faulkner adaptations.
>>
>>67735557
No, there are plenty of flaws with teh movie, and if you argue those flaws make it a bad film, then that's completely valid.

If your argument consists of plot "holes" that dont' actually exist because you missed a line of dialogue or a really obviously implied character motivation, then yes. It's safe to say you're stupid, or at the very least fell asleep during the film.
>>
>>67735615
There was nothing campy about it, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>67735464
>resorting to analogies
there's no such thing as negative publicity
>>
>>67735490
I haven't even seen the movie and have no intention of ever doing it either.
I have had the movie explained to me in detail by friends and autists like you. Idiots like you however just make me fucking laugh.
>>
>>67735671

Toni, stop. You didn't understood.
>>
File: 1397426754750.jpg (79 KB, 400x452) Image search: [Google]
1397426754750.jpg
79 KB, 400x452
>>67735607
>And I don't see how that makes the movie good?
When did I imply that it did?

I simply enjoy knowing that the people who are so buttflustered and despise this film with so much intensity will have to endure its sequels for years to come because it's financially successful is all.
>>
>>67735751

>Teri didn't see the movie
>complains about stupid shit
>people explain to him that he's wrong
>Teri still behaves like a moron

Good going, Teri. You're a grade A moron indeed.
>>
>>67735434
With good company too ;)

Avengers 2, Transformers, Avatar. Wew lad, lots of money must be a great indicator of quality right?

>>67735464
>reminder that a marvel movie hasn't come out for months
>reminder that there will be a huge shit storm in 1 month with Civil War that will destroy /tv/ again.
>>
>>67735605
>You're stupid and you didn't understand it, yes. It must be hard to take in.

Znyder please, I know you're full of yourself and thought that the movie was "too smart" for us mere mortals to comprehend but you need to realize that you and your cohorts are the ones that are simply not talented or smart enough.
>>
>>67735376
So your criticism, objectively, is that Snyder didn't make another uninspired donner flick.

That's fine by me. Marvel is more up your alley.

That's one less normie I'll have in the theatre come justice league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L2Xt3pJUhk&
>>
File: Kino.jpg (83 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
83 KB, 640x326
I would have preferred if the movie was about Jesse Eisenberg playing as the Toy Man and wanting Batman and Superman to fight just to see which "action figure" would win.

Lets face it, any movie with a "vs" in the title isn't going to be deep or have anyone with some grand plot and should just accept that limitation.
>>
What was Bruce Wayne's initial reason for chasing after Wonder Woman? He just sees some random skeltal woman at a party and decides to follow her to some antique auction/black tie ball?

Was this explained or was this just a contrivance to set up Justice League like everything else in this movie?
>>
>>67735751
>I haven't even seen the movie and have no intention of ever doing it either.

wew lad then why are you saying it's bad, you can't make this shit up
>>
File: Season_five_rosita_espinosa.jpg (349 KB, 895x1285) Image search: [Google]
Season_five_rosita_espinosa.jpg
349 KB, 895x1285
>>67735751
>I haven't even seen the movie and have no intention of ever doing it either.
So you didn't see the movie, complains about not understanding the movie, then we explain you are wrong and you are still trying to act like you're right?

Fuck, that's pathetic. And explains why /tv/ can't understand basic plot points.
>>
>>67735938
Faggot
>>
So what was Luthor's plan to deal with the aftermath of the Superman-Doomsday fight?
Because no matter who wins he's equally fucked.
>>
>>67735916

She stole her shit like a Jew.
>>
>>67735658
>still keep pulling the "you're just stupid" defence

Says it all really when that's all you have.
I trust you zealously defended Prometheus too, right? Telling people that they were too stupid and didn't understand the movie.
>>
>>67734577
Fucking this. I want the next Batman movie to be a full on detective noire. We haven't gotten it in live action, and rarely get it at all in other places. All of Batman's live action movies end up being about whatever villian he's fighting. Batman should be narrating it too, because he does that in every one of his best comics, but has yet to do in live actiion. Movie Batmen are somehow not allowed to do those things.
>>
>>67735625
hilarious.
>>
>>67735916
Nevermind, I watched the scene again and realized she had already taken the computer chip thing he was looking for.
>>
>>67735916
She stole the device he was using to steal Lex's data.

Lourdes, did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>67735667
>>>/pol/
>>
>>67735963

He didn't.
>>
>>67735591
LOTR:
>The movie is about an epic journey
>The movie takes its viewer on an epic journey over three long movies!

Harry Potter
>The movie is about magic
>And the audience gets to experience the magic of cinema by seeing fantasy take place as if it were reality!

Jaws:
>The movie is sharks and the paranoia/fear caused by their presence.
>The audience leaves with a new-found phobia of water

All your grandiose statements are contrived as fuck. You can come up with anything that "profound" if you try hard enough.
>>
Why come superman didnt talk to wonder woman at all?
>>
>>67735773

The film has to make nearly a billion to make a profit. And the weekly revenues are dropping like crazy atm.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.