[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Thing ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: The Thing (1982) Original.jpg (352 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
The Thing (1982) Original.jpg
352 KB, 1064x1600
I hate this board since it is filled with newfags, horrible films, and shit. Let's have a THING discussion, what really happened in the end?
>>
>>67719342
macready was actually transgendered
>>
Macready is not the thing. Childs is.
>>
Neither of the two surviving characters is the alien. The idea that Childs isn't really Childs is just a fan theory.
>>
>>67719342
They killed the Thing and any remaining cells are freezing to death, Macready and Childs are both human, and it doesn't matter either way, because they're probably going to freeze to death in the snow before they get rescued anyway
>>
>>67719342

You go straight into the ps2/xbox/pc game as a sequel.

Not even kidding - that's what it is. And it's great.
>>
Let's all discuss THE THING in a better environment, like in a dark locked room. I LOVE THE THING ha-ha.
>>
>>67719759
>freezing to death
the thing was frozen at the beginning. If another crew shows up they could inadvertantly reawake it again. They literally discuss this possibility in the movie
>>
The thing scaped and is currently residing in me
>>
>>67719765
shut up nerd
>>
It doesn't matter if they are human or things. They will freeze. And things will be dug out of the ice later on
>>
i think neither was the thing

maybe the thing snuck up on them and attacked one, but ther other probably killed them and extinguished the thing forever

i recently did my yearly winter watch of this and boy i like it more every time
also the winter fashion would even make /fa/ proud
>>
>>67723606
Martha?
>>
>>67719342
lol I'm just posting here to see if my name is linked to my ip, fuck you OP
>>
>>67719342
it doesn't matter what happened at the end. If both of them were human or both were the creature the outcome is still the same

They failed to completely destroy it and eventually the organism will make contact with one of the thousands of species on the continent and start a chain of events that leads to all life on earth becoming the thing.

Think about how many avian and aquatic life forms reside in the Antarctic, its only a matter of time before the thing makes it out of there.

Plus Macready and Childs have no way to stop more humans coming to investigate, be they looking for the Norwegians or the Americans eventually people will show up looking for answers and it won't go well.
>>
Childs drinks the molotov
>>
>>67724187
>Think about how many avian and aquatic life forms reside in the Antarctic,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica#Biodiversity
not much really

but i agree that the thing was only put into remission until spring when they are revealed
>>
>>67719765
will probably torrent and endure this just for the lore
>>
Thing from FF4 vs John carpenter's Thing
Who wins?
>>
I watched this movie yesterday and at the final scene:
A: Childs has his earring on
B: His breath doesn't create fog/he doesn't breathe at all
>>
>>67724601
....until spring when the camp would be relieved of duty*
>>
>>67724758
Astute observation.
>>
>>67724758
>no light illuminating his breath
>he's not breathing
Wew, lad
Also, if you bring that up as evidence for him being a thing you have no idea how the creature works
>>
>>67719342
Childs drunk gasoline
>>
>the chess computer and the whiskey is foreshadowing
>Kurt russel only shares his whiskey with things that defeat him
That's what I think
>>
>>67725084
It's an observation I had. You can cleary see Macready's breath. VERY clearly.
>>
>>67725298
>You can cleary see Macready's breath. VERY clearly.
And there is obviously a shadow cast over Childs' breath.
>>
>>67725181
>Mac trips over a rubber hose
>here, hose, have some whiskey
>>
Not sure, what's going on with all this, are you for reals like really for reals like what the fuck is going on, why is it so big in here. HELP, I'm in fuck world and I want out.
>>
>>67719342
Didn't Mary Elizabeth's character kill it?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.