[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>b-b-but the early Simpsons ws good!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: cs.png (1 MB, 1399x1073) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
1 MB, 1399x1073
>decide to rewatch early episodes of classic Simpsons to wash the bad taste of neo-Simpsons out of my mouth
>awful, hamfisted celebrity cameos, just like neo-Simpsons
>nonsensical one-scene gags that don't go anywhere and ruin the pacing of the episode, just like neo-Simpsons
>heavy-handed preaching about societal issues (in early Simsons' case, fictional violence), just like neo-Simpsons
>flat, one-dimensional characters, just like neo-Simpsons
Why do people spout this meme, again? Old Simpsons is just as cancerous as New Simpsons. Take off the fucking nostalgia goggles.
>>
must be brain damage
>>
>>67713035
Leeeeeerooooooy Whitaker.
>>
>>67713035
There actually ISN'T very many cameos in the early Simpsons...
What did you watch?
>Heavy handed preaching about violence
Rewatch it, especially the end of the episode with the statue... I assume you are talking about Itchy and Scratchy and Marge.
>>
>>67713035
None of this is true though. Take celeb voices for example.

Classic Simpsons: Dustin Hoffman plays Mr Bergstrom, Albert Brooks plays Hank Scorpio, Steve Martin plays the garbage official guy, etc etc

New Simpsons: OH HEY LOOK HERE'S 50 CENT DRIVING THROUGH SPRINGFIELD TO SAY A LINE. WHOA OK THANKS 50 NOW MOVING ON,
>>
>>67713035
I think you never liked Simpsons in first place

name the classic episodes you have rewatched to come up with this statement
>>
>>67713585
This
>>
What season did you watch ?
>inb4 14th
>>
>>67713585
pretty much
>>
>>67713592
>>67713729
The entirety of 4 and 6. Is 1-3 a bit better?
>>
>>67713817
You are a pleb Christine
>>
>>67713035
this is why nobody likes you Leroy
>>
File: viper feel.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
viper feel.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>67713945
>>67713878
>>
>>67713817
then you really never Liked the show at all
seasons 4-6 are the golden age

1-3 are also very well made and have a very special touch,give it a try
>>
>>67713817
3-8 are best. Is English your primary language? Maybe something is getting lost in translation
>>
>>67713945
shut up you spic whore
>>
>>67713035
Simpsons like other comedies were good for their time. In the Simpsons case, 90's.

Now it's shit. People hark for nostalgia but when they bring stuff back (like X Files) turns out it's actually shit and peoples tastes have changed
>>
>>67713817
>trust a womans opinion on a tv show

Why am I not surprised at all.
>>
>>67714315
>trusting a woman's opinion on another woman
Even worse.
>>
>>67713585
And on the rare occasion when a celeb would play themselves it would be self deprecating, whereas in zombie simpsons they are super cool who can do no wrong
>>
>>67714438
wew
>>
>>67718089
The professor's assistent was in class,talking about biologist Clements. I noticed he had elastic bands in his braces
>>
>>67718089
no tits 4 u
>>
File: 2.png (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2.png
136 KB, 300x300
Simpsons went downhill as of Season 5. That season really just isn't the same. The next big drop was 10 or 11 and then yeah. Simpson's golden age for me is Season 2, 3 and 4. I'll take Season1 over Season5+ but the first season is really kind of flat.
>>
>>67713035
This is how you determine if what you're about to watch is good simpsons

Is it after season 1?
Is Conan a staff writer?

If yes to both of these, then you're fine
>>
I've never watched Simpsons past season 12. How bad does it get? Is it still watchable but boring or is it just painful?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.