[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. So in the 24th century they can cure everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ethics9End[1].jpg (20 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
Ethics9End[1].jpg
20 KB, 500x412
I don't get it. So in the 24th century they can cure everything except your spine? I guess we're supposed to believe they can't fix Worf's spine because he's a Klingon?

What about that episode where that doctor was aging too fast and they used the transporter data to fix her DNA? Couldn't they just use transporter data to make Worf's spine better?
>>
>>67708582
You're right op. Now what?
>>
>>67709006
Is that a riddle?
>>
This episode has dated extremely poorly.
>>
He was a stubborn spine.
>>
>>67708582
You mean like how Geordi had glasses even though they should be clone him some new ones?
>>
File: 1458325711229.jpg (489 KB, 1033x600) Image search: [Google]
1458325711229.jpg
489 KB, 1033x600
>>67708582
Imagining a society that is realistically affected by the mindbogglingly advanced technology portrayed in Star Trek is very difficult. It is far easier to use futuristic trappings to tell stories about everyday human problems than tell stories about futurist problems.
Star Trek is solidly in the former camp and knows it, which is why the show cares so little about consistently exploiting the implications of its technology.
Many Star Trek fans are in the latter camp; futurists who wonder about transporters, FTL, time travel, etc and what any of them could mean for humanity.
OP is such a fan. But he might not recognize the difference yet.
>>
>>67709538
>>
>>67709538
OP BTFO
>>
>>67709280
That is adressed in literally the first episode.

Whats the bigger oversight is why bashir had to get illegal augmentation since the federation has always been okay with genetic manipulation to reverse birth defects and things like that. Seems like being a retard would qualify.
>>
>>67712263

Where do you put a cap on IQ?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.