[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>age of ultron Holy shit this cannot be real...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 1459318145411_0.webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1459318145411_0.webm
3 MB, 1280x534
>age of ultron

Holy shit this cannot be real...
>>
>>67706995

>whoa guys check this out remember to be mad are you mad yet you should be mad why fuck if i know just be mad

this board is insufferable.
>>
>>67706995
>age of ultron
>happens over the space of a few days
>>
No dummy, it's CGI
>>
>>67706995
If it didn't happen, then how did they film it? Check mate.
>>
>>67706995
It isnt. Its a movie and its made in computor
>>
lel how the fuck did i miss this cgi? Must of been the camrip i watched
>>
File: 1.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67707016
>>
File: 1458370266694.png (371 KB, 554x325) Image search: [Google]
1458370266694.png
371 KB, 554x325
>>67706995
>280 Million Dollar price tag
>>
AGE OF QUIP
>>
>>67706995
Yeah that looked retarded. It should have been obvious at storyboard stage that this wouldn't look cool.
Still liked the movie, I mean quipfest.
>>
Nice BvS damage control, but this clip is nothing compared to that catastrophe m8. At least the CGI here is actually good, it's just the scenario itself that's kind of dumb and it's a pretty minor part of the movie anyway.
>>
WHAT IF I HAVE TO TINKLE???
>>
>>67707141
ah so you werent here last year when the movie came out and we were constantly mentioning this scene?
Ofcourse not. You arrived during star wars and decided to stay, you massive wanker
>>
someone post the airport
>>
>>67707163
But I was here. There were a few threads, since it IS the most jarring moment in the movie for just looking so damn stupid. But we've had nothing about it for the best part of a year now, and suddenly BvS comes out and is universally panned, and we get one. It's BvS damage control, plain and simple.
>>
>>67707160
Piss in a mason jar and blow up congress.

That's how you make a truly epic scene.
>>
File: 1458124498618.jpg (58 KB, 536x533) Image search: [Google]
1458124498618.jpg
58 KB, 536x533
>>67706995
>>
yeah thats a regular Batman credit card right there, DC cuck.
>>
>>67706995
this was played for comedic effect.

I bet your autistic ass thought the dance in Spider-Man 3 was supposed to be cool.
>>
turn off your brain bro
>>
>>67707124
it wasnt supposed to look cool.

why would a hidden transport be made to look cool?
>>
>>67707333
Because people aren't here to watch smart anyway.
The scene itself isn't cool. It was an action-heavy scene that cost them a lot of money, and it just straight-up wasn't interesting to look at.
>>
>>67707442
You think spending money costs Di$ney money?

Find a better reason to mock it.
>>
>>67706995
Is this onik?
>>
>>67707556
I'm not mocking it, I think it's a waste because the scene didn't bring me much enjoyment. I liked the movie.
Dial it down DIDF.
>>
>>67706995

Your problem is the effect is uncanny. The funny thing is, it's really no different than a superhero flying, but you've been conditioned to see a superhero flying as plausible all your life. In your mind, a semi-trailer might be sent flying, but it cannot fly like that. Of course, it's really just being carried.
>>
>>67706995
>Whedon tried to kill MCU
>failed
>Snyder tried to kill DC
>failed
Is there anything that can damage capeshit?
>>
>>67706995

I bet the retard of Whedon wanted to make the FLYING TRUCK TRAILER a maymay. He failed the fucking retard good he's dead by Hollywood now.
>>
File: 1459511145748[1].jpg (34 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1459511145748[1].jpg
34 KB, 720x400
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/, Anon?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comicbook lore since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

Superman is Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, The White Rabbit/Bugs Bunny, the Classical hero.
Batman is Ahab, a vampire, Lancelot, Charles Foster Kane, Dr. Bill Hartford, John the Baptist, the tortured soul seeking redemption.
Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.
The Kryptonite spear is Excalibur, Longinus, Zeus' thunderbolt, Ahab's harpoon, Zorro's rapier, Alexander the Great's sword, dispassionate power and judgement.
Lex is The Joker, The Mad Hatter, Elmer Fudd, Oedipus, Icharus, Salome, the Tragic cynic.
There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene culminates in Batman running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Rachel Dawes and Lois Lane are dropped from a skyscraper. The interrogation scenes of The Joker and Luthor are accentuated in one case because of its physical violence and in the other because of the lack thereof.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.

(1/2)
>>
>>67711066
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes (4U CIA). It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional (for instance, Alfred isn't a butler and Lois isn't a lady).

(2/2)
>>
File: 1456261827882.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456261827882.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>67711066
>all this autism
>>
>1 QUIP HAHA XD
>2 QUIP HAHA XD
>3 QUIP HAHA XD
>4 QUIP HAHA XD
>5 QUIP HAHA XD
>6 QUIP HAHA XD
>7 QUIP HAHA XD
>8 QUIP HAHA XD
>9 QUIP HAHA XD
>10 QUIP HAHA XD

audience erupts in laughter
>>
>>67706995
What GTA mod is this?
>>
>>67711140
This is why /tv/ is shit. Someone posts an interesting analysis but the only reply is dude buzzword lmao.
>>
>>67711306
Only thing missing is laughing cues
>>
ewewe
>>
>>67706995
Don't worry movies don't represent reality.

Also still better than BvS
>>
>>67710142
Uwe Boll
>>
>>67707211
Shit it's like suddenly there are threads about a movie that just came out and there are less threads about a movie that came out a year ago. Why would that be?
>>
>>67711066
>>67711112
Filling a movie with cross-references, rip-offs, and all kind of religious and classical references doesn't make it better.

Especially when they are repetitive, out of place and, a couple of minutes later explained again to the dumbest ones in the theater, and again, and again... and again... and again...

This is a movie designed for the same pretentious idiots who think that Inception or the Matrix Trilogy are the cultural pinnacle of western civilization instead of what they really are: a mixed bag of wikipedia's references so snobs can brag in front of their illiterate friends and/or in the Internet.
>>
>>67713454
>Responding to pasta B8
Really?
>>
So the climax of the movie is a whale thrusting a harpoon into King Kong?

sign me up
>>
>>67706995
>Holy shit this cannot be real...
Yeah its what they call a "special effect" in the industry.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.